Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Capture7.JPG
Capture6.JPG
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Looks like it was just posted.

#2 8 years ago

And nobody cares.

#3 8 years ago

LE not up.

#4 8 years ago

Grabbing now. Readme:

V1.17 - April 17, 2015
=======================
Spike System
- Added GUI for system updates including a progress bar.
- Added file selection for system updates.
- Adjusted functionality of updates to be more robust.
*Updates will perform a 1 time self-reboot to install new firmware.
- Adjusted speed and versitility of the node board.
- Fixed an issue where some USB sticks did not work probably with our new system.
*Approved USB sticks must be used for this update. Subsequent updates will accept other
current USB sticks.
Gameplay
- Added artwork and speech.
*Championship belts
*Pins
*Multiball
*Superstars and Legends
*Royal Rumble
- Added new match victory condition.
- Added new video of Superstars for the Titantron
- Increased shaker motor usage.
- Fixed artwork and speech.
- Fixed an issue where Referee multiball would not behave correctly with matches.
- Fixed an issue where some championship matches would not start correctly.

The update is 1.9 GB!

#5 8 years ago

LE is up, I'm downloading it now.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

And nobody cares.

Go troll another thread.

#7 8 years ago

1.9GB for an Update.. WOW!!!!

#8 8 years ago

What kind of usb stick do we need for the LE?

#9 8 years ago

To update it

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What kind of usb stick do we need for the LE?

One bigger than 1.9GB and I would say it would need to be formatted either NTFS or Fat32.

#11 8 years ago

Anybody get their game updated yet; hoping it adds a lot to the game.

#12 8 years ago

My update is installing now. Some tips:

My Kingston 16gb stick was recognized right away. Format the stick to Fat32 and put ONLY the spk file on the root of the drive.

When the game turns on it will look like nothing happened - the attract mode dots begin to play and you'll see the "GAME OVER" text pop up - then the update will automatically start.

There is a reboot very early on in the update process, once the game reboots it will again look like nothing is happening. The old-style sam system update screen will then appear shortly after the GAME OVER text.

It looked like my update hung very early on in the process, but I let it sit for about 30 seconds and it kept going.

It's installing now, but probably going to take quite a while since the update is so large.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Looks like it was just posted.

Is that an echo of emptiness from the lack of buyers in the room?

Capture6.JPGCapture6.JPGCapture7.JPGCapture7.JPG

#14 8 years ago

Would like to know what got updated (pro). Location had one and got rid of it. Hoping code makes the game great.

#15 8 years ago

I'm excited to play the update at our monthly tournament this Sunday.

#16 8 years ago

I had time to play one game on my le.

The disc is much much more active. It livens up the ring quite a bit.
No new VO so far.
Ring slammers are still active when the ball isn't up there.
You still fight the same guy twice in a row for the title. I assume the first match is to earn the title shot but they don't really explain it.
Some new / revised dots around pinning, the skill shot, etc.

I need to put a bunch more games on it tonight after I get off of work. More to come.

#17 8 years ago

I'm one of those 8 LE's. Can't wait to update when I get home.

#18 8 years ago

Using mine in tourney this weekend. We will update after qualifying tonight for playoffs tomorrow.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I had time to play one game on my le.
The disc is much much more active. It livens up the ring quite a bit.
No new VO so far.
Ring slammers are still active when the ball isn't up there.
You still fight the same guy twice in a row for the title. I assume the first match is to earn the title shot but they don't really explain it.
Some new / revised dots around pinning, the skill shot, etc.
I need to put a bunch more games on it tonight after I get off of work. More to come.

Judging by the readme it looks like there aren't gamplay changes. Just some bug fixes and some new sounds/artwork. Wouldn't expect to much different. This one seems more like a fix patch for spike and some bugs than an update. Hopefully it's prep for a later update with some rules changes.

#20 8 years ago

Hoping for a ton of new stuff

#21 8 years ago

I played the game on the old code a couple weeks ago, I thought it was a blast! Love the ring with the bumper flippers, great idea! They kick when the ball isn't up there is just like the flippers flip on the mini playfield in WOZ, just the way it is even though it seems like a waste of wear on those parts.

Tom

#22 8 years ago

Anyone had any luck with the Pro update? It looks like it's only 606 Mb compared to the 1.9 Gb on the LE. I've tried 2 diferent USB sticks and it fails about 20 seconds into the extraction.

#23 8 years ago

That 1.3 gb must be all of the hd video.

I haven't had much luck progressing beyond the first belt, but the rule changes do seem minimal.

#24 8 years ago

Like the game/theme or not...this is a good thing for pinball. Have fun with the new code all you "wrestlemaniacs"!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 8 years ago

Yes... Yes... Yes!!!
Will update LE tonight after work...
Very happy with this machine, already from the first games (and first software) it felt so good

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Will update LE tonight after work...

I updated an LE earlier tonight. It takes a long time and the changes are fairly noticeable. I also saw some odd behavior from the machine for the first few minutes after the update.

#27 8 years ago

Odd behavior? Continue...

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Would like to know what got updated (pro). Location had one and got rid of it. Hoping code makes the game great.

It did not get played and was an expensive game to own since nobody was playing it. We also realized that the most important code feature to have the game on route was unlikely to ever get coded. Since they STILL have the slammers always tied to the flippers and the inverse, it means WAY too much unneeded usage of both mechs. I think the game could be really fun with better code but as of now, it seemed neither collectors nor route player find it worthwhile.

I personally really enjoyed the layout and the ring feature, but the code lacking was the reason we got rid of it so soon. Better code would have meant it got played more. Current crappy code meant nobody played it.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Anyone had any luck with the Pro update? It looks like it's only 606 Mb compared to the 1.9 Gb on the LE. I've tried 2 diferent USB sticks and it fails about 20 seconds into the extraction.

I know John "LesManley" posted he updated it.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It did not get played and was an expensive game to own since nobody was playing it. We also realized that the most important code feature to have the game on route was unlikely to ever get coded. Since they STILL have the slammers always tied to the flippers and the inverse, it means WAY too much unneeded usage of both mechs. I think the game could be really fun with better code but as of now, it seemed neither collectors nor route player find it worthwhile.
I personally really enjoyed the layout and the ring feature, but the code lacking was the reason we got rid of it so soon. Better code would have meant it got played more. Current crappy code meant nobody played it.

I have a le and I'm a bit disappointed in the new code. The layout is fantastic, but I don't know. Code it's still lacking kinda like ST

I'm having a star trek effect. I thought star trek was cool and didn't play it much. Now, all I do is play it and I think it's fantastic

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have a le and I'm a bit disappointed in the new code. The layout is fantastic, but I don't know. Code it's still lacking kinda like ST
I'm having a star trek effect. I thought star trek was cool and didn't play it much. Now, all I do is play it and I think it's fantastic

When you say ST is lacking, you mean before the last update?

#32 8 years ago

Was hoping this update would be huge it has been two months since the last update; have not gotten to update my game yet.

#33 8 years ago

Guys Star Trek took almost two years to get where it's at. Be patient this is how stern works. If you don't want to be patient sell it so we don't hear the complaining anymore.

#34 8 years ago

Something doesn't make sense. It is taking 2 hours just to download it OR save it to desktop to load it onto USB stick. I have done many updates and never had this problem in the past. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Something doesn't make sense. It is taking 2 hours just to download it OR save it to desktop to load it onto USB stick. I have done many updates and never had this problem in the past. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

don't worry, just just have slow connection or computer.
This update is much bigger than the ones from previous pinballs.
I hope it doesn't take 2 hours to put it on the pinball...

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

don't worry, just just have slow connection or computer
I hope it doesn't take 2 hours to put it on the pinball...

I think you are right. My kids are streaming video while downloading update packs to their Xbox's. I am down to 1 hour 26 minutes and counting.

#37 8 years ago

I'm not a computer guy, so maybe someone can shed some light on this. It's a spk file and not a zip file, so it should be pretty simple... Just download it and put it on a stick, right? I've followed the instructions and had no problem installing zipped updates, but this has me at a loss. I'm using the same sticks I have in the past, so maybe the pro update isn't working and they'll fix it next week? Any pro owners been successful yet, and what's the secret?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

I'm not a computer guy, so maybe someone can shed some light on this. It's a spk file and not a zip file, so it should be pretty simple... Just download it and put it on a stick, right? I've followed the instructions and had no problem installing zipped updates, but this has me at a loss. I'm using the same sticks I have in the past, so maybe the pro update isn't working and they'll fix it next week? Any pro owners been successful yet, and what's the secret?

Make sure that your USB stick is compatible with the new SPIKE system. Some USB sticks that were previously compatible with SAM are no longer compatible with SPIKE.

Stern posted a Facebook update regarding this:

"The USB flash drive listed below have all been tested, are SPIKE compatible, and work well with updates and audit dumps.

Please note that Kingston Data Traveler G4 8 GB, and our in house generic 128 MB have been found not to be compatible with our SPIKE system.

SPIKE Compatible - Tested USB Flash Drives:
Lexar JumpDrive S73 8GB
Lexar JumpDrive S73 16GB
PNY Attache 8 GB
PNY Attache 32 GB
PNY Compact Attache 8 GB
SanDisk Cruzer Glide 8 GB
SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16 GB
SanDisk Ultra 16GB
Sony Microvault 8GB
Toshiba TransMemory 8GB
Transcend JetFlash 510G 8GB
Patriot Tab 8GB
Corsair Voyager 8GB
Kingston DataTraveler G3
Kingston DataTraveler 101 8GB"

It's not on Stern's list, but I was able to update successfully with a Kingston G2 16GB USB stick.

#39 8 years ago

Thanks, I had seen that list somewhere and will make the rounds today looking for one of those! I've got a SanDisk, but it's old. I'll report back.

#40 8 years ago

It takes a long time to download because of two factors:

The speed of Stern's server and the speed of your connection. I downloaded it at my place of work which has a fantastic speed and it took a long time. No, it does not take that long to install on the pin. Just remember, you will see the pin start up as usual and look like it did not take the USB stick. Give it 30 seconds and you will see the screen change to start the update.......so far the few games I have put on it, other than the light show, no hugely noticeable changes. I was really excited, but now a little disappointed, we'll see what it's like when I get to a belt match. But one, I thought they would disconnect the link between flippers and slammers. Two, I thought that Money In The Bank would finally mean something. That's all I ask to begin with. Oh, and the video changes??? You won't even notice.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

It takes a long time to download because of two factors:
The speed of Stern's server and the speed of your connection. I downloaded it at my place of work which has a fantastic speed and it took a long time. No, it does not take that long to install on the pin. Just remember, you will see the pin start up as usual and look like it did not take the USB stick. Give it 30 seconds and you will see the screen change to start the update.......so far the few games I have put on it, other than the light show, no hugely noticeable changes. I was really excited, but now a little disappointed, we'll see what it's like when I get to a belt match. But one, I thought they would disconnect the link between flippers and slammers. Two, I thought that Money In The Bank would finally mean something. That's all I ask to begin with. Oh, and the video changes??? You won't even notice.

Gotta agree with this post. I was hoping for more. Either that, or a lot of it is buried deeper in the code which is really hard to get to right now.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Odd behavior? Continue...

After updating the code and power cycling the pin, on the first ball of the fist game the lower flippers did not work. The upper flipper and the ring worked but no lower flippers. This went away for ball 2.

After power cycling again, for the next couple of games you would pin your opponent seemingly at random with the ball in the ring. This seemed to go away after a couple more games.

The spinning disk in the ring seems to spin a lot more now. I am not sure if this in intended or not.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

After power cycling again, for the next couple of games you would pin your opponent seemingly at random with the ball in the ring. This seemed to go away after a couple more games.
The spinning disk in the ring seems to spin a lot more now. I am not sure if this in intended or not.

I didn't have the flipper issue you had, but I think the rules have been updated to automatically award you a match victory after you hit so many of the ring targets (without having to hit the "1-2-3" pin scoop).

#44 8 years ago

I have seen a couple of bugs that have seemed to work themselves out. At one point I could have sworn that I heard my opponents theme song start before it kicked into mine, almost like they are thinking of doing dual intros like real wrestling. All I hope is this is just a quick update to get SPIKE moving and that the real gameplay update is coming soon.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I didn't have the flipper issue you had, but I think the rules have been updated to automatically award you a match victory after you hit so many of the ring targets (Without having to hit the "1-2-3" pin scoop).

I have had this happen with old updates, I don't think this is new

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I know John "LesManley" posted he updated it.

Yeah, the pro here did get updated successfully. I haven't played it yet, but I haven't heard of any weird behavior from it.

#47 8 years ago

I just did the update on the LE.
I didn't see much new in the animations.
But the ring is so much more fun now.
Now the spinning disc works more when your ball is in the ring,
and it feels more like you're actually fighting your opponent, with sudden unexcpected moves

Slingshot power is factory installed on 32.
I adjusted the lower (normal) slingshots to 16 (first slingshot option in the menu) and the ring slingshots to 20 (second slingshot option in the menu)
Wether you have to adjust this, and how much, depends on your region and electricity.
In order to make these changes you have to first shut the power off!
When you restart your game, the force of the slingshots will be adjusted.
Before my slingshots were too hard and when I shot the "1-2-3" pin scoop the ball bounced out again.
Now it's much better and more controllable.

#48 8 years ago

You guys notice any additional changes now that you've had the update about a week?

#49 8 years ago

Scoring is different. You get a ton of points for winning a match now. Sometimes 2 mil all the way up to sometimes 9 mil. Not sure how you get more. Ref. Multiball now has to be started while a match is going. You can also win matches now without hitting the pin hole. A certain number of switch hits seems to just end the match in your favor. Other that, not much. The update didn't introduce new modes or anything.

#50 8 years ago

I noticed that before you had to shoot the hole in the top middle of the ring to start countdown and win a round(after a couple of target hits to weaken your opponent). Now after a number of target hits and not shooting the midde hole, you win just like that without counting down. This I liked it more how it was before, but maybe some people found it too hard?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-code-is-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.