9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago

I own an LE and so far, no regrets. It's a beautiful machine and the layout is so unique it's a nice breath of fresh air in my line up.

No doubt the code is weak right now, and ultimately will make or break the game. But once you figure out the game progression and what does what and how to start stuff, there's some fun to be had there. It's a very challenging pin, and the Multiballs are super hard to control, which makes for some intense moments.

Part of the issue is that, like Xmen, unless you know what you're going for and why, the game can seem very boring.

Another problem is that the progression is RIDICULOUS. It's incredibly hard to progress past the first belt, so in turn that means that a huge portion of the playing public will only ever see and play the section of the game that focuses on the ring action a lot. Of course, that can be cured with better attention to code, but I'm interested to see where they go from here.

The game needs more lateral progression; more side missions and things to do that stack with other modes and bonuses. But again, XM was also incredibly lackluster for almost 2 years, and now that code (even in its still incomplete state) is stellar and is one of my favorite titles in recent years.

So, yes...I can get into it and am into it.

#58 8 years ago

Not hating or trolling, Greg, (you know I respect your opinion even if it differs from mine) but what is the difference between "video-game" coding, like XM or WWE, and a game like ST which has a health bar mode (Vengeance battle) which is kind of the same principal as the player versus an opponent kinda deal. Might not be something substantial, I understand, it could just be that ST "feels" better, but I'm still curious as to what that line is.

The "video-game" coding stuff (if I think I'm understanding your definition correctly) has never really bothered me (of course, since I love XM and I don't mind WWE) because it's really just DMD stuff....it doesn't really impact the gameplay too much I don't think. You could put Rinzler on the DMD of Tron during his battle mode and have a health bar under him indicating how close you are to a SJP or whatever and I don't think it would make a difference. Probably just an aesthetic thing for you, which I can totally see, but still think it's interesting to discuss.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Like I said - X-Men and WWE are approached like a vs. fighting video game. Guy bobbing up and down, defeat him. That's Waison's style, and IMO it doesn't work for a compelling pinball experience. Shots and targets aren't tied together in an organic way like other better games. ST isn't great...its code history clearly shows that it was creatively unfocused - but the Vengeance Life Bar is just one event...it isn't the whole game. The game attempts a story narrative. X-Men is just "I'm fighting this guy, I'm fighting this guy, I'm fighting this guy" or "Here's a hero, here's a hero, here's a hero". I just find it boring. At least X-Men has appealing character graphics and animation on the DMD - WWE's characters bobbing up and down look like they're doing the Gangnam Style pony dance. Anyway - maybe there's more to WWE than I experienced, but my first impression was poor based on the rules concept & boring overused ring toy. At least X-Men said "try to like me" before its true self became clear.

Gotcha. I see where you're coming from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-can-you-get-into-it?tu=Rcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.