9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I tried, I really did ... But I just couldn't get excited about this pin. I played it plenty of times at the TPF (pretty easy to get on) but it just didn't do anything for me. The ring seemed to slow things way down, the shots didn't feel smooth, I don't know --- maybe it's the theme --- WWE was fun when I was a kid but I really couldn't care less about it now. I thought the game looked fun at first sight but For me I was clearly wrong. What about you? This seems to me to be the making of a "flop".

#2 9 years ago

I know the code is a work in progress ... but I'm not sure.

#3 9 years ago

I started watching WWE again when the pin was announced and even recently paid $9.99/month for wwe network to watch the PPV's. I love it.

But still can't get into the pinball. Not even the LE. It's OK. The large bonuses are a nice throwback and makes you not want to tilt, but the upper playfield kills it for me. WPT upper playfield is better and that is sad.

I won't own one.

#4 9 years ago

I love the layout and it has a lot of potential. But the current state of the code did sour me. Wish the games were a little more polished when released.

#5 9 years ago

Not into the theme at all but thought it looked fun. Still haven't played one, though. The game hardly gets talked about here so that says something. Usually people get excited and post about the unboxing, pursuit of one, or high moments in game play.

#6 9 years ago

Huge WWE fan here. But sadly the upper ring really makes this seem like a one shot pony and I could easily see getting bored with it. I played a handful of rounds and just moved on. I loved the theme music of course. Will give it another try once the code is out!

Secretly wishing these sell horribly and I can get one on the cheap in a few years!

#7 9 years ago

It is a really good game the LE that is; looking forward to an update; the last one was back in FEB

#8 9 years ago

Thank you Beez ..."WWE was fun when I was a kid but I really couldn't care less about it now." ...

There aren't many people in the world that understand why "could care less" is wrong. Thank you for getting it right.

- The language police

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Huge WWE fan here... Secretly wishing these sell horribly and I can get one on the cheap in a few years!

2nd this!

For some, myself included, a good theme can mask SOME subpar play (not all, but some for sure). I was a die-hard WWF fan from 1987-2001 and a casual WWE fan for the past 3 years. Somewhere in the middle was a girlfriend.

I'm very eager to try WWE Wrestlemania, but honestly, the price point for a NIB Mania Pro is not worth having a pin featuring John Cena and Roman Reigns front and center. The LE edition??? A thousand times better cabinet artwork & wrestlers from my wheelhouse years, but it will need to drop to half-price before it ever jumps over some of the other games on my premium buy list. Anyone can have their say about the upper PF ring and whether it's a giant takeaway, but for the dozens (and dozens!) of fans of both pinball AND WWE, this game's theme adds a ton of cool points which I understand won't connect with the majority (See: Any thread about upcoming KISS title).

Mania Pro has limited value unless you watch WWE programming weekly. There are mid-card wrestlers all over the artwork. Meanwhile, Mania LE is plastered with the Mount Rushmore of WWF/E on the backglass and A-tier historic wrestlers all around. That alone is a game changer because it transitions from something I'd enjoy to something I'd enjoy and show off.

I'll be watching LE prices over the next few years like a hawk. In the meantime, I'll continue my search for a DE Royal Rumble since it basically features most of the LE wrestlers anyways, and is a fun pin.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

but for the dozens (and dozens!) of fans

I see what you did there. If ya smell what the Rock is cookin!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

, but for the dozens (and dozens!) of fans of both pinball AND WWE,

Hahahaha .... now that's funny stuff.

#12 9 years ago

As Jabidia Atkinsons says: NEXT !!!

Nothing to see here to sum it up

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It is a really good game the LE that is; looking forward to an update; the last one was back in FEB

I love how you got a downvote for sharing your opinion and a positive one at that.......some people.

#14 9 years ago

I think the LE has some cool features but I absolutely hate that spinning dics. It does nothing but make a very random thing even more random. With really good code it could end up being a decent game. I think it would do well on location. Not one I would want to own though.

#15 9 years ago

Happy I bought the LE. The code needs an update, but as it is now, it's a refreshing change.

#16 9 years ago

Its the worst lay out since indy stern. It is even worse.

If they somehow placed two ramps that go back to the flippers and the plunge shot would not end in the ring, it could be a top 10 pin.

It looks stunning.

Missed chance to have a different lay out and still rock. It just aint fun.

#17 9 years ago

Unfortunately it's a total one shot bandit. Even with rule changes, everything on the lower playfield is super high risk, so all you do is shoot up to the ring over, and over, and over over over. I agree the game looks great. It will probably appeal to a very casual player, I could see it getting played alot at a kids fun center, but it certainly wont appeal to people looking for depth and a good selection of shots. There simply isn't any.

It's too bad both ramps feed up to the ring. I agree with Plungemaster, if either, or both ramps fed back to the inlanes, and there was a diverter to go to the ring on special occasions, the game could have been wicked...

#18 9 years ago

I hope they finish the code & everyone hates the game

Then I can get a gold HulkLE for the price of a green HulkLE

Fingers crossed

#19 9 years ago

So I see this game taking alot of heat, Im not a wrestling kind of guy, but have played more than a few games on the LE.
Ilike the different layout, the ring does get old, but the horseshoe orbit (under the ring) and the top orbit shot (during a mode or when the ball doesnt get diverted to the ring) is a bitching screamer! I went into this game having negative thoughts but the more I play it the more I like it, mainly because it is so different, oh and theres a FRICKIN TV in it

What I dont like is the way the ball enters the playfield. Auto launcher plus inclined ramp equals disaster...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hope they finish the code & everyone hates the game
Then I can get a gold HulkLE for the price of a green HulkLE
Fingers crossed

If they didn't sell many it might be hard to find.

#21 9 years ago

I had plenty of access at the TPF to both LE and pro. I wasn't drawn to it but the code was very early. It was at the Marco booth right next to Whoa Nellie. Nellie stole the spotlight for me. I admit that the men in tights doesn't work for me, but I'll give it another chance in a few months after code has matured.

The LE has very few ladies on it. At least the pro has the ladies on the slingshots. Maybe if it sells well we can get a "Ladies of WWE" premium. Yes Stern, I am completely serious.

#22 9 years ago

I still haven't played the game, but the PAPA TV broadcast on it a few weeks back was hard to watch. The ring just seems like such a buzz kill. I still want to play one, though.

#23 9 years ago

The ring kills it. Imagine playing TZ and you are constantly in the Powerfield after what seems like every shot. Horrible design decision there. The game looks awesome, but it is a complete turd gameplay wise.

#24 9 years ago

Played it at TPF
Walked away with ball remaining.
Shoot ramp to upper play field , play boring rubber gimmick, repeat.
May be a lot more to the game but it did nothing for me to want to play more.

#25 9 years ago

Yes Trudeau has some very creative and unusual designs but unfortunately only few of those designs turned out to be good pins.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes Trudeau has some very creative and unusual designs but unfortunately only few of those designs turned out to be good pins.

We'll always have Congo!

#27 9 years ago

It is funny how everyone on here complains about the designers doing the same layouts over and over agian and then someone does something that is completely different and then all we do is complain about it

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was a die-hard WWF fan from 1987-2001 and a casual WWE fan for the past 3 years. Somewhere in the middle was a girlfriend.

LOL

Quoted from kvan99:

Mustang is really cool too.

#29 9 years ago

Boring pin, played both versions many times at Texas pinball fest, just
wasn't much fun. Simple shots to arena not my cup of tea.

#30 9 years ago

Played the pro at a show. The ramps are really cool and it was pretty feature-rich for a pro. That said the upper playfield sucks and kills the pin to me.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It is funny how everyone on here complains about the designers doing the same layouts over and over agian and then someone does something that is completely different and then all we do is complain about it

I like different ... but I also, like fun.

#32 9 years ago

The upper playfield is almost pure luck. It seems to me like there's no skill involved at all. I'm not a huge WWE fan, but I can usually get past the theme if the gameplay is good enough (see WOZ). There's just something about the game that's not exciting at all. The grunting and smacking is a little distracting. I get it for the theme, but I'm just not sure it works for pinball. Bring back the bells and chimes.

#33 9 years ago

I'm hoping they code a way to limit time in the ring. Like it's something you have to work for (like TZ's Power playfield) and when you get up to it there are a buttload of points to be had, but if you drop it you have to start from scratch.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The ring kills it. Imagine playing TZ and you are constantly in the Powerfield after what seems like every shot. Horrible design decision there. The game looks awesome, but it is a complete turd gameplay wise.

They just need to code some rules for the lower playfield to de-emphasize the importance of the ring a little. There are shots on the lower playfield, but right now, outside of hitting the WWE drops to start a match, there is 0 reason to intentionally shoot anything down there. During Referee Scoring the right orbit opens up so a shot to the left ramp goes all the way around and down the right ramp on the Pro. The LE has two way gates on both sides so there is hope. With this one especially it will all about what they do with the rules. We'll have to wait and see.

#35 9 years ago

Hopefully with updated code it will be fun, but i was bored as hell playing it.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Hopefully with updated code it will be fun, but i was bored as hell playing it.

agreed

#37 9 years ago

I have to side with musketed on this one. I played a LE about a month ago with several other pinsiders and was trying very hard to dislike it! I can barely think of a theme that would be worse. Anyhow I couldn't believe how fun it was after 4 or 5 games I was surprised how good it was. Of course it needs code, at least Stern is finally addressing the code issues. Anyhow it is a very original game and has tons of shots to make and the mini LCD screen looks incredible. I don't like Roid Rage shirtless men in spandex all over the place but fans seem to dig it

#38 9 years ago

8 would suggest coming back to this game in 6 months once a mature code is available. Just like every freaking game...wait to Judge until code is better. I only played the LE, can't say anything about the pro version.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I see what you did there. If ya smell what the Rock is cookin!

>not knowing Mick Foley

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Anyhow it is a very original game and has tons of shots to make...

I like playing the game too and I think it has potential, but tons of shots to make, really?
Currently it has less shots to shoot for than any other modern game I can think of. Even with a code update, it has less shots than the other modern titles. Some interesting shots potentially, but not more shots for sure.

There's only 3 shots you should ever intentionally shoot while playing the game currently, the two ramps and the drops if you are not in a match. The middle orbit is not valuable (get your ref shots elsewhere), the standups for increasing your signature move is almost worthless, the kickback standups take a ton of shots to light and not something you would ever want to shoot intentionally and the tag team mini orbit is almost worthless. Tag Team Multiball only starts by green stand up target hits, but they shut off anytime you are in a match...which is pretty much always. Even if you manage to light Tag Team Multiball and shoot the mini left orbit twice to start it, it isn't worth much in the grand scheme of things anyway. Start a match, hit those ramps to the rollovers to build your bonus. Win match, get huge points in the showboating mode...then repeat. That's it.

#41 9 years ago

Ok ok...I only played a handful of games on it and it was brand spanking new so I didn't have time to examine it. All I'm saying is it was fun! Maybe not more shots but certainly original.

#42 9 years ago

I didn't like it at TPF at all. Found it boring and thought the ring would get very, very tiresome quite quickly. Theme and gameplay are duds to me.

#43 9 years ago

Majority of people disliked Iron Man, Tron, Metallica, and AC/DC in the early code stages. Now they are regarded as some of the best ever made! Just keep that in mind a year from now.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Majority of people disliked Iron Man, Tron, Metallica, and AC/DC in the early code stages. Now they are regarded as some of the best ever made! Just keep that in mind a year from now.

Iron Man = Lyman
Tron = Lyman
Metallica = Lyman
AC/DC = Lyman

WWE.....not Lyman.

Also, Iron Man didn't have early code stages...aside from some tweaks, it shipped complete. People didn't like it because they perceived it as a cheap redo of Austin Powers before playing it.

Tron got the same flack that IM did..."cheap"...until people finally played it.

Metallica & AC/DC were pretty much liked from the getgo despite some unfinished code. Lyman pulled out all the stops and the rest is history.

#45 9 years ago

You forgot about walking dead which is not loved by all and that was Lyman just saying

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

You forgot about Walking Dead which is not loved by all and that was Lyman just saying

Right, but that game is still relatively new. Based on his track record, you know Lyman will get the code to a good place sometime this year. He knows how to take a so-so playfield and give it compelling gameplay rules. Sorry, but I just don't have the same faith in WWE. Shades of X-Men. Love for them to prove me wrong...wouldn't take the chance on a purchase until they do, though.

#47 9 years ago

Not loved by all is something else then loved by no one.

Or is there any guy on here that cant stop playing this pin for more then a few days?

The lay out cant be saved by code, sadly.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Not loved by all is something else then loved by no one.
Or is there any guy on here that cant stop playing this pin for more then a few days?
The lay out cant be saved by code, sadly.

You talking about the layout and limited shots on twd

#49 9 years ago

Will Wrestlemania be at Allentown?

#50 9 years ago

Played Lightning recently and the layout reminded me of this game. Lightning was a better game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-can-you-get-into-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.