• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by desertT1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I got this off JJ's page:

Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE’s replica “Titantron” playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring.

DMD and LCD? Thoughts on what this means?

#2 9 years ago

Wow, that could be very cool.

#3 9 years ago

Sounds pretty cool!

#4 9 years ago

Sounds like a "mod". Kinda surprised they didn't hold this back to sell as aftermarket, like the TWD mods.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sounds like a "mod". Kinda surprised they didn't hold this back to sell as aftermarket, like the TWD mods.

Stern needs to include at least a couple substantial features to get people to shell out nearly $3k more for the LE. The mini LCD would definitely be one of them.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern needs to include at least a couple substantial features to get people to shell out nearly $3k more for the LE. The mini LCD would definitely be one of them.

Maybe we'll get a spinner!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE’s replica “Titantron” playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring.

DMD will be as normal, the LCD will be playfield level as a fake Jumbotron that shows wrestling footage. I would imagine it will be like the mini DMDs in RCT and Monopoly for instance as to how they are mounted on the playfield. Closest thing to it would be that AC/DC moving band mod that changes it to the LCD showing concert footage I think.

#8 9 years ago

Perhaps I am missing something, but why would I want to watch wrestling on a mini TV when I am playing pinball.

In my opinion, this is a poor way to use an interface with a lot of potential.

#9 9 years ago

you get the "claw flipper" from nightmare on elm street

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Perhaps I am missing something, but why would I want to watch wrestling on a mini TV when I am playing pinball.
In my opinion, this is a poor way to use an interface with a lot of potential.

It could be informational too like the mini DMDs they used before in RCT, Mono and WOF.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It could be informational too like the mini DMDs they used before in RCT, Mono and WOF.

I really hope it is. Doesn't feel like we're making much progress if we're going to be watching the same 15 minutes of wrestling clips over and over during gameplay.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I really hope you are right ... although this is one of the last pins I would ever buy based on theme alone. I would like to see an LCD put to good use by Stern.

#14 9 years ago

It could be used for the wrestler's entrance.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Closest thing to it would be that AC/DC moving band mod that changes it to the LCD showing concert footage I think.

This seems to be pretty much the same exactly as that mod.

#16 9 years ago

You can buy the LE that I have heard nothing about from this guy:

ebay.com link: WWE Wrestlemania LE pinball machine Free shipping shaker

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Think MikeDPinball MOD replacing band on ACDC with small LCD Screen.....at least that is how I see it.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You can buy the LE that I have heard nothing about from this guy:
ebay.com link » Wwe Wrestlemania Le Pinball Machine Free Shipping Shaker

Thats GAP. They are on top of their game.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It could be used for the wrestler's entrance.

They licensed wrestler intro music, so I would bet it will be used for that too.

#20 9 years ago

So pumped, words cannot even describe...Figures, I wait 35 years to buy my first pin, which was a DE WWFRR, and then Stern launches this...Can't wait...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

So pumped, words cannot even describe...Figures, I wait 35 years to buy my first pin, which was a DE WWFRR, and then Stern launches this...Can't wait...

You'll get to pair them up now.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Patience........let everybody else get sucked in, pay a lot less later, IF they ever get the code done.

Easy to say and harder to do.

And yes, I just installed that video monitor on my Ac/dc from PinballMike. Exact F ing same thing.

$495 from Mike or something like that. I paid $399 for TWD topper.

Let's not make that video BS out to be something unique. It's just shocking Stern actually did something new.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's just shocking Stern actually did something new.

Yep. But let's give them credit for doing it, shall we?

Also, this new SPIKE system could mean that they are a lot closer to putting an LCD display in their games.

#24 9 years ago

This is a test IMO. When the time comes, they will do away with the DMD and the transition to LCD display for game info is already there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-57-inch-lcd-screen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.