• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wweextract.jpg
1171734.jpg
Preview.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I did add the spv extension to the file.

Well that's quite significant.

If you need the file extension (which is missing in the zip), it would make sense the system couldn't update if it didn't see the file extension.

#52 9 years ago

I am on a hardline..Here's a pic of the error when extracting I got this AM when I tried to extract it again.

wweextract.jpgwweextract.jpg
#53 9 years ago

use win rar my man.

#54 9 years ago

Any video of the new code yet?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Should be VERY easy in software as there are switches at all entrances and exits to the ring. The game should be able to know state of the ball in play and when it comes in an entrance then the slammers turn on and flippers turn off. When it leave an exit then the slammers turn off and flippers turn on. Even the plastic on the bottom ropes of the ring indicates that it will light up when slammers are active/ that slammers will turn on/off depending where ball is.
Of course durring any multiball then both slammers and flippers should be on at all times.

I too would like the flippers and ring to work at separate times, however my concern would be that if a switch is out on the playfield, it would take the ring out of service and essentially the game down until the switch was fixed. Not very feasible for a game on route.

#56 9 years ago

The code readme seems to address many of the issues I had when I played the game at a local launch party, so I'm excited to give the game another shot post update. This update certainly seems like a step in the right direction!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I too would like the flippers and ring to work at all times, however my concern would be that if a switch is out on the playfield, it would take the ring out of service and essentially the game down until the switch was fixed. Not very feasible for a game on route.

Aren't there several points of entry to the ring? They would all have to be out for ring to be out of service.

#58 9 years ago

I too would like the flippers and ring to work at separate times, however my concern would be that if a switch is out on the playfield, it would take the ring out of service and essentially the game down until the switch was fixed. Not very feasible for a game on route.

code should be "if any switch on lower pf is triggered then engage flipper power"

or " if no upper pf switch is triggered for X seconds then engage flipper power"

pretty easy for code to make it work the way it was designed and intended.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

use win rar my man.

Ok will try that. I've never had to use WinRar in unzipping any updates from Stern in the past thou.
Thanks

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I tried it from my laptop..twice to a LEXAR 8GB Freshly formatted FAT32 thumbdrive.
Also tried it on a 1 GB LEXAR thumbdrive, fresh formatted FAT32 on my friend's laptop and also re-downloaded on his laptop and extracted.
Same result on both.

I have had issues with a "factory" fat32 formatted thumb drive as well.
Try formatting it in DOS.
Click on the windows symbol in the lower left corner and type the following in where it reads "Search programs and files"

format /FS:FAT32 X:

The X is the drive letter Windows assigned to your thumb drive.
So if the thumb drive is letter E:, then type format /FS:FAT32 E:

You wont get the full capacity of your thumb drive, but large enough normally to fit these updates on.
You can always reformat again in the future if you want to gain the full capacity. I dedicate on thumb drive just for this purpose so mine always stays drive E:

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Aren't there several points of entry to the ring? They would all have to be out for ring to be out of service.

All it would take is one of those switches to not work, the ball enters the ring and it wouldn't be activated.

#62 9 years ago

All it would take is one of those switches to not work, the ball enters the ring and it wouldn't be activated.

but as soon as it enters the ring is should hit a slammer leaf switch which should then be the fail safe cue to engage slammers.

I actually care less about slammers being engaged all the time, but flippers NEED to stop pulsing each time a ball is int the ring. Talk about unneeded wear for on route.

#63 9 years ago

What about a menu option:
SLAMMERS on all the time
SLAMMERS on when ball is in the ring

default is #2. This way you can change the game if you have switch issues....otherwise you save the wear and tear on the slammers under normal circumstances.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

code should be "if any switch on lower pf is triggered then engage flipper power"
or " if no upper pf switch is triggered for X seconds then engage flipper power"
pretty easy for code to make it work the way it was designed and intended.

Couldn't really pull that off. The ball moves too fast at times to time out to re-enable the flippers. The flippers should always be on, as for the mini ring, I'm sure they can do something, but Id like to see a redundancy system in place for the ring to activate. No that I am thinking about it though, I guess atleast two switches need to be made to enter the ring already. The ramp made switch and the top lane ring entry switch. That could work. A game on route shouldn't have more than one switch out.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I tried it from my laptop..twice to a LEXAR 8GB Freshly formatted FAT32 thumbdrive.
Also tried it on a 1 GB LEXAR thumbdrive, fresh formatted FAT32 on my friend's laptop and also re-downloaded on his laptop and extracted.
Same result on both.

For what it's worth, I've had issues when I try to extract directly to the thumbdrive. I always extract to my desktop and then drag the file to the thumbdrive. It doesn't sound like this is your problem, but it could be. Good luck.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

but as soon as it enters the ring is should hit a slammer leaf switch which should then be the fail safe cue to engage slammers.
I actually care less about slammers being engaged all the time, but flippers NEED to stop pulsing each time a ball is int the ring. Talk about unneeded wear for on route.

It's a total premature wear issue I agree. It was the first thing I thought of before I actually out the game out on route. I just don't know the best manner to engage flippers with out depending on a single exit switch to reactive the flippers.

#67 9 years ago

Couldn't really pull that off. The ball moves too fast at times to time out to re-enable the flippers. The flippers should always be on, as for the mini ring, I'm sure they can do something, but Id like to see a redundancy system in place for the ring to activate. No that I am thinking about it though, I guess atleast two switches need to be made to enter the ring already. The ramp made switch and the top lane ring entry switch. That could work. A game on route shouldn't have more than one switch out.

A game on route should not have ANY switch out. I prefer code to be made for people that are maintaining the games as they are intended to be played.

If you have a switch out and it causes the ball to drain due to not having flippers engage, then I bet you are going to fix it pretty quickly.

Pretty easy for them to code in for "always on" to satisfy a potential problem or neglectful operator (not say you are at all, just saying code should be programmed the right way and then fail safes for those that don't have a fully working game).

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A game on route should not have ANY switch out. I prefer code to be made for people that are maintaining the games as they are intended to be played.
If you have a switch out and it causes the ball to drain due to not having flippers engage, then I bet you are going to fix it pretty quickly.
Pretty easy for them to code in for "always on" to satisfy a potential problem or neglectful operator (not say you are at all, just saying code should be programmed the right way and then fail safes for those that don't have a fully working game).

I can see where your coming from as I strive to have games working 100%, however that is not always possible and this why games already have built in fail safes when something is not operating properly. Also keep in mind most operators fail to keep things such as optos and opto amplifiers on hand. Think about those people and how long it may take to get a replacement in the game if they have to deal with shipping etc. The operator and stern do not want a game down on the street any longer than that can help, it looks bad for stern and the operator.

#69 9 years ago

If you make it a menu option Home Users can disable the SLAMMERS ON all the time and the OPS can leave them enabled (default). Everyone wins.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A game on route should not have ANY switch out.

Switches WILL fail or simply go out of adjustment. It happens in the home environment, and more often on route. Even when maintaining a game properly this will happen. I would not want to have flippers not engage because a switch is out - that would piss me off. That being said, I think there is a solution to "all flippers on all the time". I just don't know what it is.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you make it a menu option Home Users can disable the SLAMMERS ON all the time and the OPS can enable them. Everyone wins.

I would be happy to see something like that.

#72 9 years ago

Lots of video of the newest code here:

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/b/632296166

#73 9 years ago

I tried to update my pin. Didn't work.
Used 2 different sticks with and without.spv extension.
I just talked to Chas at Stern. He said it didn't work when he tried to update a game.
I would love to hear if it works for anybody.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Switches WILL fail or simply go out of adjustment. It happens in the home environment, and more often on route. Even when maintaining a game properly this will happen. I would not want to have flippers not engage because a switch is out - that would piss me off. That being said, I think there is a solution to "all flippers on all the time". I just don't know what it is.

There are tons of potential switch hits for any exit from the ring and redundancy for every exit.

This is being way too much of a claimed issue. Look at the game when you are updating the code today and you will see that a ball leaving the ring should trigger at minimum 2 switches in all likelihood before a possible drain. Aside form that they can use a time factor in the coding for a further redundancy fail safe. Switches are getting hit constantly in the ring so if a ball goes X time without a ring switch hit then the lower flips should engage.

It really should not be hard to code it appropriately.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

I tried to update my pin. Didn't work.
Used 2 different sticks with and without.spv extension.
I just talked to Chas at Stern. He said it didn't work when he tried to update a game.
I would love to hear if it works for anybody.

I tried the WinRAR extractor program. It didn't tell me it was a protected file when I extracted it this time.
It seemed to put two versions on my thumbdrive. One with the .spv extension and one without.

I don't think anyone should have to use WinRar to do the code update. It's a great Unzip Utility, granted, but should require anyone, inc. novices, to download WINRAR to do this. I'm not sure if the extract will work this time or not. Gonna have to wait till later to drop it off at friend's house who has the WWE.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, this. Just like Popeye's upper playfield. When the ball enters the upper playfield, either triggered on the ramps, upper rollovers or both, both sets of flippers fire. Doesn't matter how it exits, when a switch on the lower playfield is fired, upper flippers shut off. On multiball, both sets fire until down to one ball and a switch on the lower playfield is activated. It wouldn't be hard to do, even with switch(es) out.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yes, this. Just like Popeye's upper playfield. When the ball enters the upper playfield, either triggered on the ramps, upper rollovers or both, both sets of flippers fire. Doesn't matter how it exits, when a switch on the lower playfield is fired, upper flippers shut off. On multiball, both sets fire until down to one ball and a switch on the lower playfield is activated. It wouldn't be hard to do, even with switch(es) out.

Whysnow is suggesting turning off the lower flippers during ring time. I think your missing his point.

As for the redundancy exiting the ring, there is not one. There is a single exit switch on the ring on the left side.

#78 9 years ago

Whysnow is suggesting turning off the lower flippers during ring time. I think your missing his point.
As for the redundancy exiting the ring, there is not one. There is a single exit switch on the ring on the left side.

I would only be worried about turning off the ring slammers when there is no ball in the ring and that would be easy to do. I thought the main complaint is that people didn't like hearing the slammers fire during normal game play, or the wear and tear on them from firing thousands of times a day for no reason.

#79 9 years ago

This is a really cool video setup, I like it. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed there is already an animation for "upper ring flipper activation", when the ball hits one of the 5 top rollovers. See the animation around 11:57. I would bet the next update the team will give an option for disabling the upper ring slammers.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I would only be worried about turning off the ring slammers when there is no ball in the ring and that would be easy to do. I thought the main complaint is that people didn't like hearing the slammers fire during normal game play, or the wear and tear on them from firing thousands of times a day for no reason.

I completely agree that could be and should be accomplished. Whysnow is suggesting that the flippers are turned off when the ball is in the ring. That I can not agree with.

#81 9 years ago

I just spoke with Stern and they are aware of the update issues. Hope to have it rectified soon. Ready for these updates, its a start!

#82 9 years ago

I just noticed the referree in the DMD animations looks like the designer. Nice

#83 9 years ago

yeah game has great potential but as always the code will make or break the game.

#84 9 years ago

So the zip file contained WWE111 file with not extension. You can then use winrar or 7zip to extract the WWE111 file within the WWE111 file. I'm pretty they took a note from Inception.

My first update was the same. Just using the WWE111 file that I extract from the zip didn't work.

#85 9 years ago

Minor gripe but I wish they plugged the themes for the wrestlers in more. Loved how on Royal Rumble you'd get a quick clip of their theme when they came up.

#86 9 years ago

Stern just put up a new file..
My game is updating now.

#87 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me the size of the rubbers in the ring?

#88 9 years ago

Thoughts on watching the new code. Disclaimer - I've never played the game. I think the game needs some more modes, but I'm going to focus on enhancing what is there vs making stuff up from scratch.

In watching videos of the new code this game desperately needs more personality based on the wrestler that you picked.

If I picked The Rock, then I want to hear The Rock VO lines while hitting the roving targets during showboating mode.

There also needs to be a way to use each character's signature move, I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

I wish that you had a sense that your opponent was fighting back - maybe a timer to get back into the ring to continue the fight otherwise you're counted out. You could also be in a submission hold during this time and if you don't make it back in, you tap out. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with "losing" a match - you just have to fight the same guy again before you can advance.

Another cool idea would be that if you intentionally let the ball out of the ring (make it harder by shooting for the sides instead of letting the ball drain), you have a few lit shots that you can hit on the main playfield to call in interference, either in the form of another wrestler helping you fight, or bringing a foreign object into play. If you don't get back into the ring in time you're "caught" and can be disqualified.

To me it looks like the opponents are all pretty easy to beat - I'm hoping for some more challenge here. Perhaps each selectable wrestler has a specific rival that takes twice as much effort to pin when you are in that matchup.

Because the layout is so symmetrical the game is really going to succeed or fail based on the code more than anything else, IMHO.

I'm super excited for my LE but it seems like there's a long long way to go.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

Stern just put up a new file..
My game is updating now.

Yeah..pretty much figured it wasn't my issue. Updating game code isn't my first rodeo. lol

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am VERY disappointed to see that they have still not seperated the flippers and slammers from pulsing at the same time for each button press.

Since this is your first NIB Stern I will let you in on a little secret....you have to wait 2 years before they implement sound code improvements.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Since this is your first NIB Stern I will let you in on a little secret....you have to wait 2 years before they implement sound code improvements.

It belongs to Madison Pinball. You are crazy if you think I would ever buy a stern

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-111-code-out-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.