IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11684 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Difficult game, steep learning curve, great rewards/payoffs. Our favorite right now for sure. Congrats!

How would you compare this game to WOZ? Which one is enjoyable to play through code/profession/etc??

Trying to narrow down if I should get WOZ or Wonka. I have played both at location so have not gotten the ability to play in depth.

#11687 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

Funny, I just sold my WOZ and bought a Wonka. I played the hell out of WOZ for 4 years, he left the house with 1500 plays all done by me. WOZ is a one of a kind, deep, complex, full of strategies and surprises, it's also a hard unforgiving game aka a drain monster but I enjoyed every second of it. It's a very stop and go game, flow isn't his forte as you always need to think about your next shot and ball control is the key.
Wonka it's too early for me to tell, I barely played it on location, but it definitely has the Lawlor butter smooth shots so that's a good place to start.

Yes, I just saw you closed out your listing (actively contacting ones without driving distance right now).

Great assessment about WOZ. Seems that game for sure forces you to be more strategic.

As for Wonka, I already put a deposit on TS4 thinking I’ll still get it, but will find one near me and play it for sure. Worst case I’ll see if I can have someone take my slot to get my non-refundable deposit.

I’ve already played Wonka and liked it very much (also big Wonka movie fan… except for Johnny Deep!! Booo). I know Wonka is deep and so is WOZ.

#11711 1 year ago

I've been reading up on Wonka wizard modes, code, etc... Is the game much easier with the v2.0 code?? I saw the Change Log and boy did they sure change the default settings.

I'm curious as I'm watching IE Karls gameplay and boy is there a LOT of stuff to do in this game to actually complete it.

I can see this being a Bolted to the floor game.

How would you rank this code versus other JJP games? Top 2 or worse?

#11722 1 year ago

Well folks, just bought a NIB Wonka LE and will have it in my hands hopefully end of next week. Just sent in the wire transfer.

So, leads me to the question: Are there still cool mods left like the custom Wonka Factory??

Super excited to learn this complex depth codebase.

#11735 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will agree that Wonka code is built for long-term replayability rather than a singular repeated path. It's why we love it.

After watching a few streams on this game, I instantly realized I have to have this game. It’s got major variety, objectives with the shots are for sure unique, and like you said you can choose the path you want to take when playing.

Sucks Monday is 4th of July as that will delay my game’s arrival time.

#11740 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So when playing secret machine there are plenty of settings for the special affects. I have mine set right above sick, I can't imagine what the thing does when it is on sick mode and I have a jelly belly for motion sickness so I am scared of it!
Go into settings and check it out.
My machine is set on easy so I get it about 1 in five games. Average around 10 mil with 35 mil being the highest. And I am on old code, which I love and am not looking for more yet

That goes to my question… are people running the 1.3 or 1.X code instead of 2.X??

I saw the Change log they simplified the requirements to complete tasks (kinda like Metallica).

#11752 1 year ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Join the club yesterday my first jjp loving the game so far I must say it the build quality is great

Nice! I just got Freight confirmation my NIB will not arrive until 7/13!!! I've already bought all the Mods that I need except the 3D interactive Wonkavator. I want to see the value added with that once I get my machine.

So, Question to all:

1) Playfields hold up well? Do we need to buy the Mylar to put under posts? Kinda like the ones PinMonk offers (https://pinmonk.com/products/mylar-rings-small-x-10)

2) What other items do you recommend to buy to protect this awesome JJP game?

Has anyone purchased lermods Full Translight kit? Looks simple, but effective to show the translight. I cannot tell the difference from Warm White to Cool White. I'm guessing if you want a pop use Cool white?
(https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-translight/v/WWCF-FULL-TRNSLGHT-FLL-TRN)

#11757 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. When we say clockwise, we mean when you first start laying down the strip at the top, then bend around and start on the left side of the monitor. I’ll take a look at the instructions to make sure it’s clearer and I didn’t make any mistakes.
Wonkavators are out of stock for now, hope to have a few more in the next few weeks. If anyone wants one, just send me a PM and I’ll put you on the list. We usually do them in batches of 5.

PM Sent.

#11760 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Probably a setting. For me the Wonkavator is emptied on startup, but not on each new game.

Yeah.. I thought the same as that was part of the feature explanation for people to “steal” your WonkaVator multiball.

I have yet to have Wonka at home… so, this is from watching videos. Soon…

#11767 1 year ago

Have most of you guys put Cliffy protectors for the scoops???

I do not have my machine yet, but are cliffy’s a must have for this game?

Thinking through the common stuffy to have/put on day 1 arrival.

#11785 1 year ago

To prepare for Wonka’s arrival… I took the step to blow up the rule sheet and laminate it.

Wish more companies do this so I can repeat this for each game.

22 x 28… it can go much larger as the dpi is high

203457C3-5981-4FE0-ADEB-EED5F12FDD3B (resized).jpeg203457C3-5981-4FE0-ADEB-EED5F12FDD3B (resized).jpeg
#11788 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man thats a great idea, Im going to do the same.
Is this sheet on their website?

Yes it is. They have the game rules in a single pdf. Perfect to put on a thumb drive or send it to your local printer company.

FYI, it was not cheap. Blow up poster size was $21 and lamination was $13. Hopefully your area is priced better.

However, I really need this to keep as a reference.

#11789 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Make sure to watch zaphX tutorial on Youtube in preparation

Thanks!! I’m up to watch some videos for dive into rule set.

I’ll check it out.

#11816 1 year ago

For those who owned Wonka for long time how do the plastic ramps hold up? Do they wear down or as long as you keep cleaning them they will continue to look fairly new?

I'm trying to determine spare parts to buy. Any suggestions would be nice (if needed).

#11878 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks for the audio tips. I’m going to go with Pinwoofer. $400 with the mounting base isn’t cheap, but when we are talking $10K+ machines, what’s another 4 bills for killer audio? I’ll share my results in a couple weeks after install.

Please do. I’m finally joining Wonka club today as I have a scheduled freight company coming to my house from 7-2pm pst today.

You feel like a kid again waiting for this to happen, but what an expensive toy it is. Very fortunate I can afford these games.

#11893 1 year ago

Wonka LE #1026 reporting to play!! Just arrived and finally took a moment to setup the unit real quick. I wonder how many total LE’s have been produced?

A few simple issues required adjustments, but gotta ask something:

1) putting back in the playfield is actually rather difficult to align the metal hooks back in the slot. Is that normal? I cannot tell what could be causing it to be tough..

Now that people have been saying TS4 sounds like a slot machine, I kinda hear that in Wonka. I’m trying to understand the noises based on what I’m hitting… not seeing it right now, but then again I just got the game.

#11895 1 year ago

Oh, my build date is 12/2021.

What do you know… they actually put the neoprene washers under the posts. I think that is preventing pooling… I will be inspecting this over time.

F9D5D33D-8A44-4148-A47A-CBA7175BB7C3 (resized).jpegF9D5D33D-8A44-4148-A47A-CBA7175BB7C3 (resized).jpeg
#11896 1 year ago

The worst damage is my back box. Check out this!! I contacted my distro today and let’s see what JJP says.

We all know wood will continue to split over time if there is a crack present. Not sure if anyone has dealt with this.

Even the alignment of the frame of the back of the back box is off. Very strange to me.

Crossing fingers it get sorted smoothly.

51E3B1BF-06B5-401A-AB7D-7B293CF2B1DC (resized).jpeg51E3B1BF-06B5-401A-AB7D-7B293CF2B1DC (resized).jpeg5CF87C1F-0F8A-4E6A-AE62-425D97003D72 (resized).jpeg5CF87C1F-0F8A-4E6A-AE62-425D97003D72 (resized).jpeg
#11897 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grease on the metal where it slides and a dab where it locks in place.
LTG : )

Huh… okay I’ll give that a go and see how that goes.

Thanks!!

#11908 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not this trope again…
All the sounds are meaningful to gameplay. Veruca-related callouts indicate veruca qualifying hits, jackpots, and so on.

Sorry... haha. I did mentioned that I just acquired the game. So, watching your videos will help me see the queues with the objectives your doing.
I have only played to verify my machine is fully functional and trying to weed out any problems to report to my distro to address.

I'm sure my mind will change once I learn the association.

#11928 1 year ago

So, Wonka is dialed in as its responding well. I've just started to play the game without considering the actual rules just to have fun and I must say I am happy that I purchased Wonka over TS4.

I do seem similarities regarding how it shoots given ice played about 3-4 hours on location (spent about $70 or so), but to me this game has more satisfying shots for myself that will fit nicely in my small collection. If I did have room I would have gotten both games.

Soon after I get a feel for the game I will buckle down and start to try and beat the game.

Well, at least acquire golden tickets first.

#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

What does everyone have their incline set at? I'm contemplating raising the back a bit. And a follow up... What kind of inclinometer do you use?

I did 6.5 degree angle and use Klein inclinometer:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjN2aX_p_v4AhWjFdQBHSDaAWgYABAHGgJvYQ&ae=2&sig=AOD64_3ptZp8pKHz96vDh3FLSskKWo45ag&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjMjJz_p_v4AhVrGDQIHYfiCe0Qwg8oAHoECAEQEw&adurl=

Also, use a mini-leveler to ensure your side to side (east-west) is leveled as well.

Worked for me and all shots are malleable, even with multiball…

However, I have not had a 30 minute game to see how they flippers hold up.

#11943 1 year ago

Wait… you all are talking about this block? I just got Wonka LE and having trouble easily putting the playfield back in. The grease suggestion did not help.

So, could this be the issue?? I’m not even sure why there is blue painters tape in this game as well. Leftover from JJP?

A2B4C734-EEC9-40C4-9B1D-C88C05A01C62 (resized).jpegA2B4C734-EEC9-40C4-9B1D-C88C05A01C62 (resized).jpeg
#11944 1 year ago

Wait.. I just zoomed in and saw there is a note not to take the block off. Hmmm

#11950 1 year ago

Okay Folks… just got my first Golden Ticket: Gumball.

Also, played the OompaLoompa Mode and I think a mode called Wonkatania Mania mode… Wow, talk about integrated experience!!

Phew… had I known this game was like that when I payed it years ago, I would have bought a CE. Oh well.

I know it’s my honeymoon phase, but I already sense this game is a keeper for me. It’s not Linear and each mode is really satisfying.

It will only get better once I learn the code/modes.

Again, still Glad I bought this over TS4.

1 week later
#11981 1 year ago

I hope I can stay in the club… seems my NIB Wonka had a 4” crack on the back box wood. Seems JJP unwilling to provide a new one.

Shipping box had a small rip at the bottom, but opposite side where the crack is.

So, cannot get freight company to pony up funds…. Might have to ship back to distro as I refuse to keep aN expensive NIB with a backbox crack.

Crossing fingers.

Oh, Wonka is so much fun to play and the code is challenging!! I’ve said that before, but I mean it.

I only have 4 pinball slots available, Metallica being one,Wonka might have to take a seat at the table.

#12035 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka has the best code. The rewards are huge for each GC.

A big part of me wished I had gotten a CE, but I’m way late to this game…

I have not seen the RadCals, but the LE’s decal is glossy and printed well.

Oh… do JJP’s decal around the flipper button holds up?

Or… is there a known protector we should put on it to prevent it from fading over time?

#12041 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

This might be weird but I put wax on my cabinet around the flipper buttons especially. I also wipe clean around the flipper buttons after playing to keep the hand sweat from damaging the side art. Sweat is acidic and is what speeds up the damage to the side art.

to me that sounds weird, but something I have never thought of. I'll consider that while I wait for my NIB Wonka to arrive.

1 week later
#12097 1 year ago

Fresh off the freight… NIB Wonka Replacement from Automated Services. Once again… another little hole in the box (not surprised). This time it’s under the frame of the plywood location.

Using a flashlight seems box damage and not structural/physical. I put it down on the paperwork just in case.

Will open soon to finally join the club.

F498D542-5DF7-4352-862F-29E827E7F85E (resized).jpegF498D542-5DF7-4352-862F-29E827E7F85E (resized).jpeg
#12132 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

This is why the Pinwoofer kit is so popular with Wonka owners.

Is it really day and night with the Pinwoofer? Is there a video comparison somebody has done to show that?

I just bought NIB Wonka along with countless mods. I like this idea, but I put a lot in already… this seems like a nice to have rather than must?

#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I am looking to purchase a Wonka LE and one that I am looking at now has what appear to be black washers under the posts. Do the black washers mean that the clear pooled around that area, or are they there for another reason?

As what Aquapin said… I just bought NIB Wonka LE few weeks ago with build date 9/21…
They have black washers under them.

Worst case you can always check under the washers.

1 week later
#12268 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Officially joining the club here. First, a quick background. In late May my wife and I visited the PHOF in Vegas, where I bought a t-shirt. On July 1 I noticed somebody in a PHOF t-shirt at a 4th of July party. I said hello, and turns out he lives close-by and has a Wonka CE. He said it's his #1 favorite game and I should come play it sometime.
Around the same time I had been PMing a couple Pinsiders. We were all disappointed in the TS4 reveal, and they both (independently) recommended I give Wonka a serious tryout. So I reached out to the local CE guy and played his in mid-July. It was fun, but I wasn't seriously thinking about buying until our final game, when I got a couple golden tickets and put up a #5/6 high score on his machine. That one finally showed me what was under the surface of the game.
So it seems like the stars were aligning, and after a little internal debate I ordered a NIB LE from Automated. The game arrived on August 5, and I've been tinkering with it since.
I had previously only played Wonka on location at one place, and had written it off. Looking back I can see that the game wasn't set up properly, so I never gave it a fair shot.
The theme also didn't grab me. I had seen the movie as a kid, but was ambivalent about it. We've since re-watched the movie, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not the greatest movie of all-time, but it's just a classic, and very funny. I feel like the theme is very well integrated into the game, with well-timed quotes and movie clips sprinkled throughout.
The depth of this game is amazing, and it truly shines in a home environment. It also provides a nice balance alongside my Star Wars Premium & Cactus Canyon.
Here's my list of upgrades/mods:
- Titan rubbers throughout, translucent ... EXCEPT the 3 posts, which are purple Superbands
- Superband flipper rubbers, purple (when I think of Willy Wonka, I think of purple)
- Mirror blades (PDI)
- PinWoofer kit (HUGE upgrade in sound quality)
- Lermods full translite kit (this is a MUST IMO)
- Gobstopper shooter rod & Wonka Bar plate (Hooked on Pinball)
- Extra light strip (Hooked on Pinball) attached to back-right to illuminate that dark corner
- Trumpanche Gate Mod
Cliffy's are ordered, but otherwise I'm done for a while.
Many thanks (I think...) to gorditas and zermeno68 for your help "convincing" me.... and help after receiving the game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Mirror Blades.. that will be my next purchase next month!!

Much better than buying the Power bladez as it shines everything beautifully.

#12277 1 year ago

#142 born date 9/21 reporting to play!!

Delayed adding my mods, but first one to add was Lermods Cool White back glass LED strip.

Holy molly!! I enjoy looking at the back glass now. JJP should have done this instead of having to buy this aftermarket.

Nonetheless, very happy now…. More photos to come.

AD266E92-A032-48B9-9691-7411E0654614 (resized).jpegAD266E92-A032-48B9-9691-7411E0654614 (resized).jpeg
#12285 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where did you get the topper? I've been chasing one for ages

Automated Services. They charge a premium, but like you said… hard to find NIB anywhere. Their site still says In stock.

Great company and customer support.

#12287 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's often the only place to buy an older NIB. People crap on them for selling those at a higher price, but hey, if the values go down they're stuck holding the bag. And as far as I can see they're the only ones with NIB Wonkas. They're offering something no one else has! Which is worth a premium to many, including you.

Yup. That is why I was happy to buy Wonka at the price they advertise. There prices are in line with current Used market. Why buy used when Automated Services have NIB in stock?

Would not hesitate to buy from them in the future.

1 week later
#12317 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And they are trash because the accelerometer is not accurate enough.

Agree... I got this for $20 back in the day... but get something similar. You'll thank yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-935DAG-Electronic-Measures/dp/B07ZWW3BW5/ref=sr_1_7

#12333 1 year ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Sorry I ment do I download the full version ???

Personally, I found it super easy if you connect your game to the WiFi. The pinball machine will then Detect a new version is available and will ask you to download and install for you.

Much easier to do if you can connect to your internet.

Otherwise, someone else can help you.

1 week later
#12404 1 year ago

Finally took the time to move Wonka to its final resting place.. well, until my newborn is old enough to attempt to scratch my units.

Cannot wait to add TNA to complete my lineup.

933A15CB-A050-451A-9D6E-2BDAE172CA54 (resized).jpeg933A15CB-A050-451A-9D6E-2BDAE172CA54 (resized).jpeg
#12415 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How anyone can spend $15k on a pinball machine is beyond me hahaha. But I did say that when machines were around $7k, and then again for my WOZ and Wonka....

Not as bad as I as I was late to the Wonka train. Bought my NIB LE 2 months ago for $11.5K

Ugh…. Oh well. I plan to keep the game for at least 3-5 years. Im average player and I can sense already this game is a keeper.

1 week later
#12454 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

You get an award for being the first person to ever recommend turning the flipper power DOWN on a JJP!
And yeah, the same happens to me on occasion too. I don't think it's a problem.

Agree. My first thought: Adjust how hard you flip the pinball. Gotta find that sweet spot, not adjust the setting to the flipper power.

1 week later
#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Remember when Wonka came out and people were disappointed and everyone was looking forward to Toy Story, and now Toy Story is out and everyone agrees that Wonka is a way, way better game?
I remember.

I’m glad I ended up buying Wonka LE recently instead of TS4 CE. Save $$$ in the process.

2 weeks later
#12525 1 year ago

Man, this game is a keeper.... There is enough code and shots to keep me busy. I am gonna call that this it will take me at least 1 year to beat with the limited gameplay I have right now. Can only consistently get 2 Golden Tickets, but I try to get different tickets each time.

My strategy is not the best, but I like that I can try to devise my own. Damn this game is fun and wished I got the CE model... Oh well.

Is it worth buying a spare playfield? How does the playfield hold up after 7K+ plays?

#12540 1 year ago

Question… the photo camera is grainy.. do they really suck or just need to have back lighting to pick up your face?

This is my first JJP and wondering what the trend is with these cameras.. my kids are also asking, but thought I’d get other opinions.

#12543 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-22 in the manual. Tests - Devices - Camera.
In camera you can play with it a little and see if it improves.
Be sure camera lens and backglass are clean.
LTG : )

Will tonight. Thanks!

1 month later
#12619 1 year ago

Is CoinTaker the main place to buy mirror blades for Wonka?

#12635 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Which pinstadiums do you guys have on it? I have to admit, now that I have a Rush LE beside my Wonka, Wonka looks dark.

Yeah.... See Pinstadium expanded the options. Is it really worth spending more for these or the base ($299) is enough for Wonka?

PinStadium_Options (resized).pngPinStadium_Options (resized).png
4 weeks later
#12731 1 year ago

How about cliffy’s switch slot protectors? Are those necessary on the location where the ball drops from the ramp?

I’ve heard the ball gets stuck often using these.

#12734 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need them on Wonka. The ball only gets stuck if you install them backwards.

Ordering them tonight then. Thanks for input.

Just to confirm it’s recommended just on the lane which the pinball drops from the ramp right? No reason to put one for the inside lane?

I think I’ve seen folks. Put them on all, but seems overkill.

2 months later
#12849 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

So fun. Got to Pure Imagination running the newer code. So much fun.

Jealous... This machine is not leaving my house any time soon. So, I got time to get there. I'm not watching any streams/videos to not spoil this mode until I get there.

#12852 1 year ago

So, did not realize Mylar was already installed by JJP around the switch below the ball ramp guide.

Do you all think the switch protector is still needed here? If so, do I remove the Mylar before installing or put right on top?

02FD5E6E-535A-4AD5-B8D6-043733EA0D1C (resized).jpeg02FD5E6E-535A-4AD5-B8D6-043733EA0D1C (resized).jpeg
#12855 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Don’t remove the Mylar. I use switch protectors when balls drop directly on the switch - eventually there will be damage. I am anal though, In home use it’s arguable. On Wonka I’ve had issues with the switch protector causing ball jams when exiting the wire form, but mostly on the left side. If that happens you can try raising the wire form slightly with a washer or two.

Quoted from arcyallen:

I've seen a 1000 play HUO Dialed In with small but splintered wood damage where the ball had a similar drop. I put the protectors on my Wonka pretty quickly.

Sweet! Thanks for your inputs. Mine is NIB and luckily I’ve been playing the crap out of TNA CE lately..

Now that I’ve confirmed how and placing the protectors on the switch is a must, gonna revisit Wonka to get 4 Golden tickets. I can get 3 consistently.

1 week later
#12913 1 year ago

I’ve only played dialed in handful of times and it was a blast. I don’t know the depth of the code form experience, but I’ve heard getting the SIM cards is a total bitch… this sounds similar how it is getting the golden tickets.

For sure Dialed In has value factor involved, but is it similar enough to suggest not to have both in a small lineup?

They are designed by the same man.

#12918 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I owned both dialed in and wonka. I preferred wonka by a mile but unfortunately I let wonka go to fund a minty WOZ.

Quoted from adol75:

I went the other way, I sold a mint WOZ to buy a Wonka. And I don't regret it at all.

I get the sense that if you like Wonka or other JJP games you really need to take a stab at WOZ. Go back to where it all began. I've played WOZ a handful of times at Locations and of course never got into it.

Maybe one day I will bring one home. For now, enjoying Wonka. Still have not gotten 5 tickets, but its only been 7 months or so.

2 months later
#13036 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m back in the club baby ! CE #099 is in the house!
[quoted image]

Lucky man!!! Would like an CE, but I have the LE. Im not one of those guys who move up.

Too much of a headache. Good for you though!!

3 weeks later
#13167 9 months ago

Damn this game is sooo good. For those who upgraded from LE to CE, how did you justify that? Did you sell your LE first and bought the CE?
I was late to the game and got an LE from the last build cycle. Love this machine.

Still have not gotten all 5 golden tickets, but hey it has only been 11 months of ownership. Out of the 11 months I've really only played 4 (I had a newborn child that kind of prevented me from focusing on playing).

#13177 9 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I was lucky to only get a CE through a trade with a guy I had traded with before. We’ve sort of become friends. So he just texted me a swap for my KJS customised alien. Paid a few more k to make the trade fair for him. If you can find trades maybe this is better than buying outright? In Australia they go for low 20s. So 12.5k us? Don’t come up often but then 2 ads will appear….
With the CE, I love the playfield art and sparkles, the apron with signatures , the rails are nice (but blue would be good too), the radcals are cool. I also like Veruca doing the narration. Other than that I would be really happy with a LE. Only ended up with a CE through circumstance. Could have got an LE for 15k (9.7k usd), but that would have been an outright purchase. So 3k usd difference between the 2 down here.

Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

wonka was our first real pinball game and the one that’s pushed me down the slippery slope. i’m at 24 mil score and no more than 4 golden tickets. but pinball is new to me, in general, so i have lots to go. it’s been 6 months.
that being said, i LOVE this pin but not enough to spend essentially double for le/ce for aesthetics. but if u do, do it. spend the money and bolt it to your floor. keep it forever. kids will love it. you will love it. your friends will love it.
it’s really a magical game.

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I Traded my LE then waited for the right CE come up and overpaid for it because it’s worth it ; )

Thanks for the inputs… some interesting ideas and methods how some acquired a CE. I would be one of those guys if they sold a pin…

Some of the funds would “accidentally” be allocated for something else. Will just stick with the LE. After all, gameplay is 98% the same (minus callouts, sparkle playfield).

2 months later
#13285 6 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve just about got my wife talked into buying Willy Wonka. It’s a dream pin

Nice. Wished I had the chance to get a CE when I bought my NIB LE. None available at the time. People selling CE’s little more than the LE’s.

Nonetheless, this game is great if you love the theme. Deep as hell, but good amount of variety shots to play with…

This game plays “faster” than other JJP’s. I tried Godfather at an Expo and I now understand when they say JJP’s are “floaty”.

4 weeks later
#13372 5 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yeah, that little red fucker is Dangerous with a capital D!

Yeah, if I hit that fast enough... SDTM!! That little shot is deceiving.

#13380 5 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone have a CE or LE they are willing to trade for a Ruby Red WOZ?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19EMQqQyFeLQYwAuR5cWyVmtvwtqXg7DF
Give me a shout!
I'm in SC
[quoted image]

That is a nice WoZ RR. Did not feel like buying the Witch mod? Not sure what JJP was thinking when they created this figure.

I'm not ready to move my Wonka. Have yet to get all golden tickets.

Did you beat the game or your ready to move on?

1 month later
#13529 4 months ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Pinwoofer. Huge improvement.

I’m not much an audio guy.. live music, but it’s kinda hard for me to do a comparison.

What part makes the huge improvement? Is it the callouts, background music?

2 months later
#13732 64 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The newest JJPs have full backglass lighting. Godfather and EJ. One thing to be aware of is that full lighting can introduce glare into the camera. GF and EJ both have a little light shield to prevent this. I'll get a pic and post it here FYI.

Oh.. that would be awesome if you can provide that shield. I added the cool white backglass area and it does introduce glare where photos are grainy.
Just feel like the photo should be of better quality. Adding the shield could finally settle the conversation for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.