0C2A0BF8-EF0F-44D3-91E0-218D9822C924 (resized).jpeg
9C872C52-376B-4D41-9C97-CCBE9F2308BB (resized).jpeg
F428CE75-A93B-4417-86F1-6DD57EFD4718 (resized).png
A4223727-90E5-4419-BFBA-9B8BF530DC79 (resized).jpeg
76588813-EBAC-4B79-B8B6-26BF2063D934 (resized).jpeg
A69965FB-7095-4056-BC15-2A00CB024AAF (resized).jpeg
CFB356E9-EA18-481C-9C78-D3F4C9088029 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (2 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (2 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (2 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 2 years ago

In on a group buy of 3 CE's and an LE with mr KingPinGames Christopher. So looking forward to bringing these home and to see the magic JJP created with this title!

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You’re only getting an LE?
In other news, I may have bought a Wonka T-shirt for Friday.

Heck no big Wonka fan, CE for me.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I figured I was trying to joke that of the four you got the lesser. :p
Also, group buy? Not sure what that means? Discount on pinball machine price?

No special treatment KingPin always takes care of us and is a stand up distributor.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Ill be there ready to take your deposit....

You better bring a Large fanny pack! lol I'm going to pay you in Singles!

1 week later
#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Thanks for your opinion. I am really wanting to get one, and the music did make me nervous, but I only heard it on the video and stream so I am glad to hear that in person its sounds much better!

So utterly confused by your response? You said You listened to the game and didn’t like it and then a random person said they thought it sounded good and now you feel better about it? Your opinion doesn’t matter as much as someone else’s? Confused. I played the game many times and all the animations and sound were amazing but that is My view. But then again I thought they sounded good in the SDTM review also.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Let's be honest, we know kingpin ended up with all 6 prototypes in his basement.

It is my understanding that there will be one Very soon at the previous 257 here in Schaumburg IL similar to Pirates test process. I have my game card ready to melt some cash into it!

1 week later
#358 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I put in my order yesterday! Can't wait and after talking to the Mod Couple, best pinball mods in the industry, I'm pretty confident that the theming issues will be solved. Honestly that is my biggest complaint is the theming misses, but I think Mod Couple has that under control.
I can't wait to see the game and the cool mods that will follow!

Thanks for the very kind words Dr! Was great talking to you. Let’s just say we have Many sweet custom creations coming soon that we hope everyone likes. As we Love the game and theme we are All in on this title and hope to contribute to its final product.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

026767C9-113E-4155-A25A-57D0FF8F3620 (resized).jpeg
#368 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Someone bit through the wrapper!

Yep, as I remember Augustus Gloop in the movie. Its all in the details! In fact to show my OCD details using this mod as an example. I actually took a real tooth imprint to extract the bite mark exactly. lol no joke. So technically I bit over 200 of these already! lol

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think a Wonkavator replica would look great

Already done. And so many more we hope everyone enjoys as much as we enjoyed created them!

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

You guys do great work! I'm in on Wonka SE, my major worry is not really the wonkavator ball lock, I can do without it. It is the lighting that is bare in the standard. Any chance a mod will incorporate to make up for that bare space.

Thanks so much for the kind words. After hundreds of dimensions and dry fitting we feel confident we are ready to roll. Hoping to pour some out by next week ready to ship. All engines are running 24/7 for what looks like another JJP home run game. Very exciting.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is it bad I want to buy them before I even get my game.

Lol. The addiction is Strong with you young f3honda4me! lol Hey I'm just as crazy. My wife is going nuts because I am buying Tons of new to me games yet we are Nowhere near finished or even Started on our home renovation. I have the space full and we didn't even break ground yet!

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I appreciate the point, but what if you need assistance after the warranty period ends or if you buy the game second-hand? While a good distributor is invaluable (I’ve learned this the hard way), it’s also nice to know the manufacturer will have your back if (i.e., when) you need assistance.

Can't say it applies to All cases but with an earned relationship with a reputable distributor I have been supported in both examples from KingPinGames and Flipnoutpinball as a customer. Granted they can't pull free favors on non warranty or second hand but they have Never left me stranded for help. Again, not all cases or distributors are the same post sale....

2 weeks later
#464 2 years ago

Give your Wonka world an authentic look. The 3D Chocolate Factory ball lock cover is a drop in mod to make that boring ball lock box Pop! Extremely detailed on ALL sides right up to the white smoke chimneys. Each mod is airbrushed and hand detailed for a perfect fit and finish. All windows and skylights are cut out to let the playfield lighting shine through. The factory is open, get one now!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Note: Anyone that placed an order will be contacted tomorrow to see if they wish to add the Factory to save on shipping. Thanks again to all for your support!!

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#468 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Based on the playfield issues I'm seeing with pirates (sling posts digging through the clear) I'm starting to get a little leary of my pre-order. What are the odds JJP fixes this before wonka hits the line?

Money says JJP figured out the failed post mold process for some time and this will never happen again. Sometimes you have to make a mistake to create a solution. It happens.

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

I've been following the Pirates PF thread as I've been ready to buy one, but held off due to all I'm reading. It sounds like the main issue is the clear on the playfield. Although there's issues with some of the posts people are seeing issues in other areas that relates to the clear finish. Hopefully Wonka playfields will not be a part of this issue. My eyes are shifting back to Wonka as Pirates seems too big of a gamble. I tried emailing JJP a few times asking if the latest Pirates run (now in distribution) has the playfield issue rectified and they've been non-responsive.

I believe thats because the primary issue was a very poorly molded post that was virtually a hole punch. Tightened and hammered with the slings it would cut through anything. A smooth post with washer and the problem fades away in my opinion. Those posts were Crazy sharp.

1 week later
#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure if the first batch is Homeowners. I think its operators and locations. Please correct me if im wrong.

Mr KingPinGames said 100 of the first 150 are going to the publics hands. Wonka bars for everyone!

2 weeks later
#505 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If SE's are on the line as was rumored, then there would have been some that shipped by now. Unless they are making them and just piling them up on the side of the warehouse.

I’m more then likely wrong but doesn’t JJP typically ship containers of the games to Europe First so the land for release in both countries at the same time? It’s a long boat ride to Europe.

2 weeks later
#820 2 years ago

So great to see Flipnoutpinball use a sad mishap as an educational opportunity to give back to the pinball community. That’s a top notch distributor! We are Honored to work with Zach and hope we can provide options collectors enjoy as well. What an amazing game Love It!

1 week later
#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wondering why GAP is selling the SE for $500 above retail? Or am I reading this wrong...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82162

He has it listed at standard price 7500. Maybe a copy paste error on his add but nothing to call him out on. Mike is a stand up guy and dealer and takes care of his buyers and pinball community. Just the facts.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He listed it originally at 8k but everyone makes mistakes and updated it.
What's not a mistake are the mark ups on his games. That's just a fact. Prices are very high.

Fair enough and understood. Just hard to knock a guy that does do all he can for our interest and holds Many free open house parties so we can free play some of the great games (new) from a real brick and mortar store. Cool to see in this time of Amazon. Mike really is a great guy but yes he at times has to cover a huge overhead to keep a storefront open in these times. I respect that.

1 week later
#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is awesome. I am sad I didn't get to it myself first. I've been holding off on streams that did.

Have to admit its Hard to avoid watching game play vids like yours etc because I want to see the games depth but also don't want to spoil the surprise and adventure of seeing the code for the first time. Especially the wizard type accomplishments. Unfortunately I play like crap so that might be the only way I get to experience such events. I have seen the LOTR final modes for Many years via video but never for myself. Some day...

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Cat is interested as well![quoted image]

Ok not a huge fan of cats but that cat is Dam cool! Look at that look he's giving you! lol

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Part Himalayan? Does your cat has sinus or eating issues? I had a friend that had one that definitely did. Sweet kittie for sure.

I would get one of those cats in a minute as long as it could out run our bulldog. Might get ugly otherwise...

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Come on guys. Let’s talk about this wonderful game and not each other. I will go to FB for that.

So jeolous all this talk about Wonka I want my game already!! lol All I have is the Modfather Gobstopper shooter rod sitting on the table Waiting for my call from Kingpin. Modfather came through again with an Awesome product again. Love those guys. (and gal) Come on already I want in on this club!!! lol

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 6.04.11 PM (resized).png
#1504 2 years ago

Well the Mod Father came through with an Awesome shooter rod now if Only I had a game to stick it in... What number was the speed dial for Mr Christopher #Kingpingames again. Drive faster we need us some WONKA!!! (but drive safely don't want to mess with the tip indicators lol)
IMG_3892 (resized).jpg

#1611 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Wonka looks to be a great game by JJP. Inspired by the CE version, I whipped a batch of really nice Gobstopper shooters. Each hand painted and heavily clearcoated for a deep shine, they blend well with the theme and color scheme of the game. I hope you like them. Available at Modfather Pinball
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/wonka-everlasting-gobstopper-shooter?_pos=1&_sid=574ef521d&_ss=r[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got one of these last week for our game that we Hope will be here this week. As usual your attention to detail is spot on and the quality is awesome. Thanks again!

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

True. Hoping mine will be delivered from Chris at Kingpin Games next week.

It will. He is combing the Chicago area like Santa Clause (not saying he's fat....) with a mega truck of toys from Jersey. We will be seeing him soon with a multi LE Wonka drop. Way excited to bring this great game home.

#1746 2 years ago

Boom! I have one left over... who wants it?[quoted image][quoted image]

What a sexy beautiful picture. That’s a lot of Wonka’s.

#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Saving up, I want an LE

Christopher takes kidneys. (As long as they are stuffed with hundred dollar bills) lol

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Thanks to Chris from KingPin Games for delivering WONKA LE #333 today! Great guy and an amazing game that plays perfect out of the box.[quoted image]

Congrats! Yep he dropped off 331 (your games brother) just prior. Huge shout out as I suspect the Great distributors don’t always get the praise they deserve. Took time from his family to drop our groups a Wonkas off on a Saturday. Christopher and Kingpingames is Fricken awesome in my book and a great person no question. My family and friends thank You!!!

#1860 2 years ago

Manuals are being designed as we speak.

They are being written with edible ink so it’s taking longer. Kingpin told me so so it must be true!

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Played a bunch of games on my friend's LE that just showed up a few days ago. It has been great, with just a few minor issues that we could mostly resolve. One though, which I think was mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, is an issue with the lockdown bar receiver screws sticking up too high. As delivered, they touch the glass when you go to slide it out. Thread the screws in to the point where they don't touch the glass, and now you can't latch the lockdown bar. I haven't run into this on another game before. What should we look for? Excess beer seal foam maybe?
It's really just an annoyance, but I'm afraid that one of these days we'll forget and put a big long scratch in the glass.

Yep. Had the same raised screw issue on my Wonka. Just lower as you mention just to clear the glass then simply push down on the lock bar center when latching. In time the beer seal will compress and mold to the glass enough to make it a mute issue. Loving this game. Joe and team did a Great job on the animation to this point. Amazing!

2 weeks later
#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well stated. My wife and I are putting hours into this thing, daily. Trying like hell to get better!
It will keep us busy for ages. We have ~2400 plays and we’re slowly discovering more and more nuance.
The game is very well done and we salute the entire team for their hard work!
Looking forward to my CE.

Holly Wow! You and the misses really go all in (2400!!!) playing thats simply Awesome! Way fun when your not the only one in the house that enjoys the hobby. Luckily my wife shares my same obsession also. Great to see congrats.

3 months later
#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

As a CE owner, I’m quite a bit pissed at this new topper for SE/LE... THIS is what should have been on the CE, what is JJP thinking...???? IMHO, JJP should be shipping one of these to every CE buyer at no charge.
Jeff

My Guess is this was what Was supposed to be on the CE from the start and for what ever reason they opted to not include it? Even states it on the original comparison flyer.

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 12.57.05 AM (resized).png
2 weeks later
#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Pictures after the clearcoat and on the machine[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have an Amazing talent. Very impressive work.

1 week later
#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yes. That's it exactly. What is the bumper in your picture and do you know where I can get one? Thanks for your help!

Thats a standard post cap as used on older games to fasten plastics.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-post-cap.html

1 week later
#3971 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the vote for the best topper for WW? Im not overly impressed with the two ive seen offered, JJP and the Tilt topper.
Anyone know if Laseriffic is looking to make one or anyone else?

Having seen most that are offered the LE animated one JJP offers is by far the best and theme correct. Well built and a fair price for what is offered.

#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I even like what that one guy on here had, just said WONKA in changing colors. Was a slot machine topper.
For some reason im just not thrilled with the others ive seen. the JJP one is ok but for $300?? Why is it $300? lol

Have you bought many toppers?? $300 shipped is on the Low price for a topper unless its one of those acrylic sign pieces. This one is well built, theme correct, animated light show, and plug and play with mounting hardware. Far from what I have seen with any other offering.

#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys. This might sound dumb but... lol
Do you guys do anything special when putting on the legs of these machines that are powder coated? The reason I ask is becuase I noticed that when I put on the legs for my WOZ and cranked down the bolts, they chip away under the bolt. Obviously not an issue since its under the bolt but I can see this spreading if needing to take on and off...
Wasnt sure if anyone uses a rubber washer or anything like that?

If it bothers you PinballLife sells nylon washers all colors for this or Stern simply puts a washer on the screw so it doesn’t bite. Not really a big issue. Good luck

#4025 1 year ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Does this look correct? Almost scared to turn the thing on.[quoted image]

No. The splice is provided to plug into the blue wire connection. The second plug provided is only used if you have a topper or secondary mod that needs that supply.

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Looking to trade a game from my current lineup for a Wonka. Anyone in the Midwest interested?

I’m betting that JJP POTC LE you have will get you a Wonka real fast. Lol. Good luck in your hunt, both great games.

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

So just got my Wonka, is it my game or is the GI very dark on Wonka?[quoted image]

From your photo it doesn’t look like the GI lights are on? Specially in the slings area. All fuses good? Do you go into test mode and test all lamps?

#4118 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question. The blue rubber on this piece in this picture. What is its purpose?[quoted image]

Thats the nub that holds the large round rubber on the bottom of the VUK that the ball hits on exit to the shooter lane. We sell a hat to cover that if you don't like nubins lol

#4182 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also.. Havent played yet but the camera in the game doesnt seem to be pointing at me, seems like it points off to the side.
Is this normal or can it be adjusted?

Is it taking your picture? Radicals were an option for all games so they add that disclaimer should your game be one of those.

#4185 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also.. How the hell do you get the packing foam out from behind Wonkavision??!! lol

Slide Playfield out, remove foam. Your going to have a fun weekend.

1 week later
#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You are right. Fix that gap, it's just a poorly trained Mexican on the production line.
I had the same with all 4 fingers. But hey, who cares the pin is just 10k.

Why???? Help is kind, your reply however was totally ignorant!

#4411 1 year ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The racism allegations are simply ridiculous.

For what reason? Because the contribution comes from Germany?
I can assure everyone that the post contains 0% racism from my side. If I offended anyone with that, I am truly sorry.

Trust me, it wouldn't matter What country you came from. Your statement was just wrong. You don't have to accept being respectful to others but don't be surprised if your stereotype statement gets called out.

#4427 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

To this point, does anyone have any idea what pay, paid time off, health care, etc. is like at the Stern plant?
For me, someone using the word Mexican to describe pinball line workers isn't offensive, with Stern it's factually accurate. What might be offensive is the assumption that recent immigrants are getting shit wages because they're recent immigrants.
The fantasy, is we can all get upset over what we can imply is a racially charged comment. The reality, should be wondering what these employees are paid.
Watch any tour video from the last decade, and they are largely a latino based workforce, with the person giving the tour, speaking rudimentary spanish to the workers as they take the tour. My assumption is these people do skilled labor, work that other non latino workers wouldn't want, and get paid shit for doing so. Basically, what immigrants always end up doing in any country, until they're established. Being used and taken advantage of.
I've heard New Jersey is a higher worker paid state, so JJP must pay more to their employees, I'm assuming so anyway.

You have So many words but you are missing the point Entirely! It doesn’t matter in Any way what the gender or race of an employee is in Any position period. They are employees. Calling out someone by a race or gender like in this case was done so maliciously without question. End of story. If they are all women would we be fine if he said bitches? Come on now, no sense wasting time defending individuals that have No respect now or ever.

#4452 1 year ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I love my CE, have only got 2 tickets so far. Pitch is at 7.0, couldn't deal with the ball floating at 6.5. The right out lane is a pain in the ass and the rubber piece for that post to ease the pain is too big, have to find smaller rubber piece to make that work. In the mean time I've been playing it with no post, it's super fast for me at 7.0 but the shots are pretty sweet and way better than any of my favorite Stern games.

These rubber post nuts with a hole poked through them at PinballLife work great.

AFF9D412-6E10-4713-9E42-A5F461B508D6 (resized).jpeg
#4480 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Could you pinpoint chip location?

There is a Huge paint touch up between the 1 and 2 inserts. That would be hard to look past. Sorry.

3 weeks later
#4706 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok wonka wizards.. couple issues im noticing..
First, i installed the gobstopper shooter rod mod and after doing so, i noticed that it takes an extremely hard shot to make it around the orbit. Before this, it would orbit very fast. The only thing that I can notice is that the rod sits a little to the right and it looks to be a bit far back from where the autolauncher holds the bar. I have no idea why and im pretty sure its installed correctly. Thoughts?
Second, after updating to 1.33, ive noticed that the left outlane kickback isnt working 100% like it used to. Almost seems like there is a delay now. Thoughts?
Thanks!

Just a guess but on previous after market shooters I have purchased they offer a shorter external barrel spring for JJP titles. I know when I changed mine on POTC I had to change that spring also. Just a guess.

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also to mention, I do not see a way to adjust the left/right of the shooter rod....

Right to left adjustment is accomplished by loosening the 3 screws behind the shooter mount on the inside of cabinet. Loosen (not remove) and there is more then enough adjustment to move it around then tighten. Good luck.

#4709 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks for that. That was the only thing that I noticed to be adjusted, so I might have to tweak those..
In regards to the shooter spring. I assume you mention the one that sits outside the game between where you grab and the housing? I also thought due to the new shooter rod, that could be an issue. Was the only thing that came to mind becuase if it shortens up at the most, a half inch, i would be in better shape. And half an inch is probably more than enough.... Mine didnt come with an extra spring. Know where I could get one?

Going from memory here as I bought the shorter spring and rod from Chromecandy but I don't think they are still around? Anyway, I believe the standard spring length is .875" and the one needed for JJP games is .75" Pinball Life sells then for cheap. Link below.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-barrel-spring-075-long.html

#4712 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Might have spoken too soon. The shooter lane issue is a bit better, but not solved. I would agree that a new spring is needed.
Also, the kickback on 1.33 is definitely wonky (pun intended lol). Im dialing back to 1.31 to test.

Did you try removing the washers from the outer barrel spring? That would give you an additional 1/16" ish more throw. Also, as you mentioned you needed to adjust the shooter plate do note that until that plunger hits dead center tip of ball nothing will fix it. Make sure that is correct before buying parts. Simply Push (not pull) the shooter knob till it touches a ball in the shooter lane. Adjust till centered. Good luck.

#4717 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I did notice that the ground wire sits under the shooter rod plate on the left side. I believe this is what is making it not centered..
Anyone else have this?

Ground strap always goes under that plate. That plate simply compresses the shooter so it doesn’t move after setting.

#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Yep, when I run the trough test and launch a few balls it appears to working perfectly. What is weird is the game will play fine for a couple balls/games. Out of no where the game does 2 things. Either cut the ball off as if I drained even though I didn't or when you lock a ball 2-3 balls are launched into the shooter lane.
If I take the boards out will I notice an obvious solder error? I should probably just wait for a new board, I'm an amature.

Curious. Did you get the ball trough end repair kit and are you using the stock balls or did you replace them with shiny chrome ones?

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Ok I think I found the problem. With the playfield half out I put one ball in the trough and turned on the trough test. I was tapping on the back of opto board closest to the coin door and if I get near the 4th opto it starts jumping from active to inactive.
I've never soldered on a board before, I'll give JJP a call tomorrow.

Good catch and effort. Rather a simple fix but if its under warranty have them just send you a replacement. Sadly there were many Wonka games that had this issue. Good luck!

10 months later
#7155 10 months ago

Proud to Finally be back in the club. A quick trip over to mothership JJP to pick up our New Wonka CE and the room is complete. Luckily Axel, Johnny Dep, and Charlie are getting along Very well. Such amazing games, great job JJP!

IMG_6390 (resized).jpg
#7157 10 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Did Jersey Jack stop production of Wonkas indefinitely? It doesn't feel like they built all 5,000 of the Limited editions. Every time something ends production, the sudden urge from others to want it kicks in.

I don't Think JJP knows the word Indefinitely. lol

#7194 10 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

We have had our WONKA LE now for about one year and we still find it to be an amazing, fun filled game. It is even better now that we implemented a 'fix' for the 'stdm' drains from the pop bumpers. At my wife's suggestion we added some Titan silicone rings to the post that is just behind the 'Gobble hole'. We pushed down the existing ring and added 2 more, a 7/16 o.d. and then a 1/4" o.d. in essence creating a stack of 3 rings there. By observation, we believe this modest change has cut down the drains by at least 50%. The game is still very challenging but less frustrating now that we have evened out the odds a bit. Just wanted to share.

Unless I missed the post can Please share a picture of this pop modification. Please!! Love this game but that pop exit just kills the mood for us.

#7195 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've had a few people request this, this is a deep dive into Kid Multiball and how to get that golden ticket.
I did collect it once about halfway into the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/877425253

Can't thank you enough for this detailed and thorough walk through on the kid multiball and obtaining that Golden ticket. How you highlighted and explained the backglass animation Completely makes sense now and really helps understand the progress. Strongly suggest a look if anyone wants to get a more detailed understanding of this amazing game. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

#7198 10 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Here you go Dave. You should be able to enlarge the image by hovering over it but, I am sure you know the 'drill'. Nothing elegant but the the added rings enable a slight deflection that seems to slightly redirect the ball's travel coming off of the pop bumpers. Our solution does not prevent the 'STDM' issue but it does lessen its occurrences. We used an 'orange stick' to help position the Titan rings over and onto the post. We did not have to remove anything in order to place the rings but it is tight. A 5 minute job at most. BTW, for anyone wondering what an orange stick is, it is simply a narrow wooded stick about 6-8" long and used commonly as a manicure tool. One end of the stick is generally pointed and somewhat sharp while the other is flat and angled. Orange sticks are also very handy in working in electronics because of their non conductive properties. Sorry if 'TMI'.
[quoted image]

Gotcha thanks! So just that post under (ish) the mushroom. Will give that a try tonight thanks!

#7242 10 months ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I know a JJP dealer pretty well and they were told they have zero plans to ever run Wonka again.
Of course they could but they have their eyes on future biz and games and arent as nimble as Stern to re-run things.
If it ends up blowing up in price like Pirates who knows.

That’s odd since an actual employee 3 posts up said the opposite. Maybe your dealer doesn’t have a clue? Fact, a dealer will Always promote an option they Have to sell vs giving any expectation to hold your money for a future interest.

#7269 10 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

No doubt it would for sure. Hope you are enjoying the pin otherwise. It’s a flow monster.

Is it Possible the sound quality recordings they used as an asset from a 1970 movie 50 years ago Might be slightly lower quality then say a JP movie that was recorded in Dolby surround??

#7271 10 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

So I know there’s been a lot of talk about the sound quality of this pin. I’m an audio guy, and I agree with those who think it’s awful on this game. My pin also had a lot of loose parts on the playfield and my gobstopper lost paint on the glass in shipping. The metal rail on my center ramp was also improperly installed...This is my first JJP and I’m actually pretty shocked and upset that a game that costs $7500 for the base model would have crappy sound like this and these other issues.
On the sound - I have it sitting right next to a Jurassic Park Pro with zero sound adjustments or modifications, and the JP blows it away even after I just added a sub to the WW. The sub definitely helped, but upsetting that I had to spend more money to get this sounding decent. I’m still tweaking, but wanted to show what I’ve done. I have the Elac SUB1010. Turned the low pass all the way up, and adjusted the volume to blend. I used the Pinnovators kit to tie in, but soldered to the speaker instead of using pin-taps. Not sure if this kit was necessary, but it works well - no noise. I also used material to dampen the mids slightly, and the tweeters quite a bit. See pic. Right now I have a stack of gauze pads behind some carbon filter material I had lying around. This helped a bunch. I’m sure I’ll mess around with other materials bc that’s what I do...sigh...and I’ll update if I find something better. It’s really important to dampen the tweeters though imo, because they are the only speakers firing right at your head. A stupid design imo, and even more infuriating that they don’t have a mixer in the software as others have said. Love the game otherwise.[quoted image]

Is it Possible the sound quality recordings they used as an asset from a 1970 movie 50 years ago Might be slightly lower quality then say a JP movie that was recorded in Dolby surround??

#7274 10 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Right. This needed bass. Especially when the tweeters are the only thing pointing right at your face. Definitely not expecting audiophile standards lol...just good sound quality which I have almost achieved with a sub and some damping.

Look, as I said earlier, my post was directed more to the people who agree that the sound is bad, not to argue with those of you who are satisfied. Posts like this confuse me because everyone’s ears and music/sound preferences are different. Maybe you work for JJP or are a huge fan. This is just my honest, unbiased opinion that many others appear to share. I love the game otherwise, which is why I spent even MORE money to make the audio better. JP doesn’t have upward firing speakers, it has sound adjustment options, and yes...better original audio. Maybe someone who knows can chime in and explain the decisions on the speakers and lack of adjustments in the software. I don’t know how anyone can argue that either of these 2 decisions were wise, but again, if you’re happy with it as-is, great.

I asked you a simple question. No doubt or debate expressed or implied. Don’t like it good for you and last I checked I didn’t say you were wrong I simply asked was it Possible??

#7278 10 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This is great, thanks so much for the direction. I got back on to post that I figured it out, it’s that switch, exactly, hangs it up.
[quoted image]

Had the same issue with mine. Needed to re-bend the switch arm back to the straight position and all good so far.

#7294 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hey guys, I just brought home a Wonka LE. It came with the Mezel Mods factory with pipes as well as the Mod Couple Factory. I removed the Mezel factory mod and trying to install the Mod Coupe factory, but don’t understand how it mounts. There’s all kinds of interference. I guess I’m missing something...any guidance would be appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It just slides over the top of the stock butter box factory. Tape is added to keep it in place but we designed it to not remove any stock parts. Your stock game should look like this unless something was removed. Good luck.

3 (resized).jpeg
#7303 10 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was under the impression you had to remove the plastic to the left of the stock factory in order to get the Mezel Mods pipes to fit?

I was referring to how to install our factory. Ours goes over the existing box not sure how the Mezel unit goes on sorry.

#7306 10 months ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

Hey guys, This is a generic question but I have a Wonka. There is a small part of my side art decal that is not sticking. What can I use to keep it glued? Or reactivate the glue that it had on it. I have to reinstall some pin stadium lights and want to make sure that it is secure before doing so. Thanks.

You could try an iron or hair dryer to reactivate the adhesive and press it back. Should work.

#7347 10 months ago

Put in another 2 hours letting Wonka whoop my ass and tapped out. lol How can a game that makes you so happy make you so Mad! Amazing game but as a cute candy kids theme its an ass kicker!

#7351 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

It’s brutal, for sure. I’ve owned it for a week and still learning the shots and rules. Three golden tickets and 7.5M is my best so far. Factory settings except added extra ball for replay and special and set tilt warnings to max. I nudge a LOT with this game. It definitely keeps me coming back for more!

3 Golden tickets in a Week??? I need to keep practicing lol.

#7366 10 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think the only way anyone is breaking 10M is by cashing the third ticket, which raises your bonus potential (200 Wonka Bars awarded) by an order of magnitude. I’ve done it once, and score around 12M.

I have found the only way for me to break 10 million is with 10 balls and the glass off! Dam you Wonka!!!!

#7370 10 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Awesome, yeah...The CE looks gorgeous; so when you lock on the super lock, does the new ball sit in the shooter lane? Or does it auto-shoot out into play?

It keeps balls locked in the Wonkavator for as many games as it takes for you or your opponent to collect Wonkavator multiball. Fun add on strategy. When achieved the balls roll out of the lock with a Rather impressive shaker motor take off! Love the custom call outs on the CE also.

#7372 10 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sorry, should have clarified...But when the ball locks, does the fresh ball that you put back into play auto launch? Or do you have to plunge it?
Could change the flow, that's what I'm trying to get a feel of.

You shoot the ball after lock unless Multiball is achieved.

#7443 9 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

All put the cheater post in with with rubber rings. Now the ball getting stuck as it goes down. Any ideas?[quoted image]

I believe you can only have one ring on one post. Remove the center rubber and it should be fine. Move the post up to the upper hole for more "cheat" lol

#7447 9 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You need one of these on there
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not Cheaty enough. I simply extended the rubber from above down to that post and I have not had a Single issue with the outlanes!

88888 (resized).jpeg
#7449 9 months ago
Quoted from Figment:

Help! Just received my CE on Friday and this afternoon the ball jumped off the right ramp and I noticed the washer and screw is missing from the clear plastic piece that connects to the post above the captive ball and seems to protect that camera and oopa loompa. I attached a photo - but have searched through the manual and cant seem to find the specs for the screw and washer I need. Anyone have this issue and know what I need - or should I call my distributor and/or JJP? This is my first NIB so this is all new to me.
[quoted image]

Just guessing but that looks like a common #6x32x3/8" long screw. Available at most any hardware (Ace) for a few cents. Believe its a round head philips.

#7451 9 months ago
Quoted from Figment:

Might be - but now I'm wondering if its also needing a plastic spacer as the other connection has a white plastic spacer under it connected to the right ramp area. I did find the clear plastic in the manual as part 30-100049-00 WW Right Ramp Guard Clear Plastic, but cant find any reference to the hardware to connect it...Guess I'll call JJP in the morning...

No, just a screw. Grabbed a picture for you.

IMG_6510 (resized).jpg
#7458 9 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Remove the metal washer. Probably hanging up there.

Metal washer is lower then the radius of the ball. The gap of the lane with rubber on both sides is to small.

#7465 9 months ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Same here, I installed the cheater post (upper position, "super cheater", thinking about moving it to the lower one though), all I did was slide the original rubber on the center post down a bit (below the main groove) so it contacts the ball at a lower point. No issues with the ball hanging, and it still has a nice bounce from either post when it contacts the rubber. I do wonder if eventually that bit of rubber will stay put since it isn't in the groove; time will tell. But certainly just removing the rubber from the middle (to the right of the cheater) would ensure no balls are stuck.

In the Upper cheat post position there is no issue. In the Lower position as the poster shows the rubbers are to close together and will hang up the ball unless you remove a rubber or go with the smaller rubber nut option.

1 week later
#7557 9 months ago

It’s showing the error is that switch on the gobstopper bracket. Have you tried to adjust/repair it as others have noted? Mine had the same issue as did others. Just need to focus on that switch arm or switch not the wiring. When you push the blue rubber pad you should hear the switch clicking.

#7562 9 months ago
Quoted from wnypinfan:

Looking at buying a Wonka CE NIB, any one know how common are play field issues on those machines? Is it better to just try to wait and find an HUO used?

Not sure if your Looking for one or asking but #Drfrightner on the forum is a JJP distributor in St Louis just said today that he had 2. Good luck. Just got our CE a few weeks ago and Love it!!!

#7581 9 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Did some Saturday wrenching on the Wonka. Moved the left outer post up and moved the black plastic plug down lower. Replaced the inner metal post rubber with a cap rubber and the ball still passes through all three lanes just fine. Also removed all flipper coils and cleaned plunger assemblies, stops and replaced plunger sleeves.
Going to order a full Titan rubber kit and iron repair the pooling around the sling and other posts soon. I already have the Titan silicon spacers, PinMonk Mylar circles and new colored sling star posts ready to install. Which colored star posts look good on the LE? The six clear factory posts look boring.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you share how the Hell you got that black plug out? I'm guessing drill is the option but hoped there was an easier way. Looks good!

#7603 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my game is acting weird at that magnet ball shot from the left
Flipper , the magnet keeps holding the ball until it goes into ball search any ideas ?

Are the balls in your game magnetized? Did you ever replace them?

#7612 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So to make sure i understand the game right, you collect wonka bars. You hit the right WONKA factory to start up modes. How do I get a golden ticket?
and is there an actual end to the game?

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Kid Multiball question:
How do you collect the "double jackpot"? We were able to collect 6/7 kid jackpots towards the Golden Ticket but can't figure out how to collect the double. thanks!

Consider watching some of the tutorials #zaphx made on these specific topics on YouTube. Fully explains how to accomplish most strategies to simplify.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFHNah3iWfmvz_ScY0qR8dw

#7664 9 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Stupid question - The plastic protector goes on top of the sling plastic right?

Always Under hence to Protect the plastic.

#7675 9 months ago
Quoted from Tarzanboy:

Hi Guys and Gals
This is my first post here so I hope I am doing this correctly?.
This morning my Wonkavision Camera cracked at the base. I believe this is a common thing?.
Any suggestions in regards to being able to mend it enough to keep playing?. I am guessing that it will be difficult to replace the camera due to the wiring needing to be fed through the camera?.
[quoted image]

Its common for pinball. Put a drop of super glue gel in the crack and press it back into place. Should hold forever.

#7698 9 months ago

Thats way cool! Ok so I understand how do we enter/view these? Say the 411411 as an example? Also, is there a similar list for POTC?

#7895 8 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

All of ‘em! Lol! You computer dudes are on a different level.

Ok I will admit I didn't understand one word of that either lol.

#7906 8 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

So, my Gobstobber target stopped working. Got the dreaded target open error message. On closer inspection, the top of the switch simply broke off. See the pic below. The arrows highlight the end piece of the switch I found in my ball trough.
I’ve only had the pins for about 90 days. First real issue. Would something like this be covered under a parts warranty? And if so, would appreciate any guidance in how I go about getting a replacement switch. Is there a claim process with JJP?
Thanks in advance for the help. [quoted image]

I would bet JJP will help you on this issue. Just need to unclip the switch arm and snap the new one on.

#7923 8 months ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Has anyone with a recent CE purchase checked their playfield for pooling? I have a few spots (lower slings both upper metal posts, and left lower rail on the outlane). Unlike GnR, the posts do not have any washer (star posts are ok).... the metal also looks like it is at a slight angle. Just curious if anyone else has this and if they have filed a claim w/ JJP?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No issues here but plus one on some of the best clearest pictures I have seen on Pinside.

#8049 8 months ago
Quoted from janus:

Camera on mine during oomph loompa is way better now. Hopefully it's your settings.
On another note, does anybody understand the graphics on the monitor in regards to the progression of the gum targets and Mike tv?
Also it seems to me the color of the magnet clusters seems to advance as you play, any idea if this is the case or what causes it?

Consider watching the #Zaphx video tutorial on Wonka. He does a Perfect zone by zone explanation of the display graphics. Really helped me understand whats going on.

2 months later
#8772 6 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm surprised this hasn't been discovered yet!
If you haven't opted into beta updates you might want to consider it. A -huge- 2.0 update for Wonka just dropped.
The long and short of it is difficulty and balance changes and I can attest it makes the Wonka you love even better.[quoted image]

So need to do this thanks.

3 months later
#9424 86 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

any CE owner install the wonka choc fountain topper? I just bought one to replace the CE topper but I forgot there is a LED strip on the tower bracket for the CE. Do you think it's OK for that wonka topper to sit on top of the LED strip? Website says it works for any version but only the CE has that LED strip. I was worried the heat from the LED strip could begin to melt the topper plastic?

Haven’t tried but considering it. The CE topper is crap in my opinion. Highly doubt the LEDs would create much of any heat to be an issue. Love yo see a final pic.

#9438 81 days ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Picking up a Wonka standard tonight. I hope it’s a good choice for myself and my 2 year old son!

Betting they love it. Maybe a bit young to play but the animations are happy and fun so they will love watching dad play. Congrats

#9445 79 days ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I’m more concerned about the area between the flippers. I think it’s pretty dark.

Add a simple Cometpinball LED strip to the center trough for $3. Works great

1 week later
#9539 66 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have heard a lot about the chipping. Does anyone have any links to where I can be preemptive and keep it from chipping?

Try any of the dozen JJP playfield threads….

#9541 66 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What was the original MSRP of Wonka LE?

9500 was list as I recall. 9300 if you “knew a guy”. Hope all is well for you Sean!

2 weeks later
#9714 49 days ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Does anyone know if this new run of Wonka NIB will have playfield corrections? e.g. washers around posts to minimize pooling, chipping, etc?

Just a wild guess but I suspect they are just doing a short run with old inventory to fill the second line. So likely fairly well cured playfields. Few have had major issues with Wonka and its a Great game. Wouldn't worry that much about it personally.

#9749 47 days ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Whoa this sure started a conversation! I picked up a pre-owned one, working great. Thanks all.
FWIW, I am not opposed to NIB, however price should be considered (as well as the point of being able to inspect it) above all else. In this case, saved over $1K with low plays, so it was a no brainer.

Congrats I'm betting you love it. Great game!

2 weeks later
#9869 28 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just took delivery of my Wonka.....quick question about that left side inlane post thats not installed from the factory. Do I put a washer under that? I assume I get to pick the location and install the black cap in the other?

You just move the post up from its current position and replace cap in other hole. Doesn't change much in my opinion.

#9882 28 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

What other JJP is a good compliment to WW?
I just sold my MBse and am looking to add another JJp to the house.
Thanks!

My vote would be Dialed In. POTC is unobtainable so DI would be a great fast paced game.

#9933 24 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I've been away from my favorite game (Wonka) for awhile, came back to it and it's still in the #1 position (with GZ, IM, DP, and a few others in the neighborhood). That being said, since I played last and did a bunch of updates, did they get more aggressive with the playfield magnets? I feel like several times it aggressively took a ball that was headed towards a flipper and pulled it SDTM.

No the game is upset cause you ignored it for to long.

2 weeks later
#10063 5 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mine does as well but I assumed it was in the coding.

I believe you Can change the settings to dump balls on end of game. That would be a #LTG confirm.

#10109 10 hours ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Lifted my play field to begin a subwoofer install today, and found this screw. Anyone know where it might have come from? I did an initial inspection of the playfield but didn't really see any like this one. It has a star washer on it.
I did not look at the top side, just the bottom.
[quoted image]

Not sure about the screw but I am fairly Certain that is my quarter. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside