wonka (resized).jpg
71sN-IFpOSS._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
174FCA8B-2F93-4601-81C0-B369E9999A6C (resized).jpeg
778D3723-1064-4B5B-9534-B1806704D680 (resized).jpeg
20211113_180635 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (2 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (2 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (2 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waynetrane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2862 2 years ago

I was not satisfied with the sideart on the market, so i decided to do some Wonka sideboarddecals by myself.
After the first proto-print i needed to edit some elements in size and position.
I'll see on friday how the 2nd print will fit.

001 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg
#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Those look really great, excellent work!
I hate to say it, but if the playfield IS the factory and those are it's walls, wouldn't "Wonka" on the outside of the windows be backwards?

Nice critics
My friend had the same thought.
I answered, they have it inside and outside of the window.
Seriously it would be a pity, if you couldn't read the Wonka tag, isn't it?

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Looks great, I wish someone could make side blades removable. They always seem to get damaged when raising the playfield. JJP games are usually very tight. Why couldn't the blades be mounted to a template and just rest on edge of playfield. Then you can just slip them out when servicing the game ?

Just use this solution:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I was not satisfied with the sideart on the market, so i decided to do some Wonka sideboarddecals by myself.
After the first proto-print i needed to edit some elements in size and position.
I'll see on friday how the 2nd print will fit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Still some minor adjustments, for exsample the most secret machine decal or the backboard fits not 100%
And i'm waiting for Mezel's Factory Pipe Upgrade!
bb (resized).jpggs (resized).jpgpack (resized).jpgpack2 (resized).jpgside1 (resized).jpgside2 (resized).jpgside3 (resized).jpgside4 (resized).jpgside5 (resized).jpgside6 (resized).jpgside7 (resized).jpgtargets (resized).jpgtargets1 (resized).jpgtargets2 (resized).jpgtargets3 (resized).jpgtargets4 (resized).jpg

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How did you get the images for the CE side art decals?

It´s completely vector based.
No images used at all.
BTW the CE has different looking sideart.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It really is phenomenal... I'm wondering does woz and Wonka use slightly different light board set ups? While all jjp insert light shows are awesome ..wonka and woz do much more effects than the other titles. Or is it just come down to coding?

...but therefor the GI sucks!
If you watched the movies before on YouTube, you don't have in your mind that the moviemaker use some external light.
And then you turn Wonka on at home and it's just dark. The nice playfield is invisible like WOZ before.
I increased the lightlevel with 12V SMD stripes an finally i can agree with you.
So happy with Willy at home now.

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

That’s the “stuck” Augustus mode..
Cant you see!

1 week later
#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Those of you that own both Wonka and potc, which one do you like better? I want both, can barely afford one and debating between a huo potc or nib Wonka LE. Thoughts?

In my opinion itˋs hard to compare, cause they are so different.
I own and love both and i am so happy about it.
If you put a gun on my head, of course i would choose PotC, because he has much more to give and to explore.
But like i said itˋs a complete different feeling, maybe you are more the chocolate guy instead of a pirate, so you have to choose Wonka.
Itˋs always hard to choose your lineup if your space or money is restricted.
Good thing, you can go one way for a while and if it feels wrong you can change your pins.

#3051 2 years ago

The final decal version installed !

001 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg
#3055 2 years ago

Yes i did.
I missed the factory feeling.

1 week later
#3223 2 years ago

Got that also from Scott for all my JJPs. Nice invention!
With the ugly, noisy pop sound on start, the beautiful JJPs dosn't appear like 10k.
It feels shitty to turn them on. Don't get it why they didn't eleminate some bad taste evidence in the factory.

1 month later
#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My WONKA CE was delivered Tuesday- unboxed this morning.
Couple of questions: Anyone having issues with loud transformer?
Also - in the description of the CE - what is the RED most secret machine? Should this be powder coated red?
Right now I can’t see any difference between CE, LE & SE editions of the secret machine?

I have it too. 76 db inside outside maybe 55 db
But my PotC (70) and the DI (70) are nearly at the same level.
I've never heared anything from the US owner here.
May it's the different voltage in Europe.

But my guess is, if you decouple the transformer from the cab it will be much better.
My plan is to put some foam rubber under the transformer, so the cab cannot act like a corpus anymore.
The cab amplified the noise like a guitar corpus.

1 week later
#3618 1 year ago

What i don't like, why they penetrate the theme with so many Willy Wonkas?
Why again a Willy for the topper, he is 20 cm far away on the backglass.
Why not the Wonkatania for example with the passengers inside only.
Same shit with the sideart of the CE. Do they have Willy clones?
There are a lot of other unique elements in the movie. I don't get it.

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

An animated Wonkatania was supposedly the original topper for the CE, but there was some problem and it was canned after a long delay.

We all know that already, sorry that was not the question.

daveyvandy: good argument, but then 1 Willy on the front, 1 on each side, one on the PF and 1 on the backglass should be enough to make it clear.

1 week later
#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Airbrush kit for a standart willy wonka
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sehr geil !!

1 month later
#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Yeah, I was thinking that.... BUT... I've re-built enough B/W flipper assemblies as to where this really jumped out at me. I noticed the lower flippers were quite noisy, so I inspected them. I feel like they play a little sloppy when compared to other games. Thanks for the video Loyd

You are right. Fix that gap, it's just a poorly trained Mexican on the production line.
I had the same with all 4 fingers. But hey, who cares the pin is just 10k.

#4364 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why???? Help is kind, your reply however was totally ignorant!

Why my post is ignorant???
I have just shared a video of my Wonka, with the factory settings of the 4 fingers as I got it.

So if you'll get a new pinball machine with this much gap on all fingers, you do not think that the worker on the production line needs better instruction?
Or maybe the finger in a pin are not so important in your opinion.

#4410 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Perhaps it was the racist fucking undertones of your comments that led to the astute observation of your ignorance. There's a better way to contribute here. Try it.

The racism allegations are simply ridiculous.
A little bit of black humor about the final inspection of the production is immediately stamped by some people as racism.
For what reason? Because the contribution comes from Germany?
I can assure everyone that the post contains 0% racism from my side. If I offended anyone with that, I am truly sorry.

2 weeks later
#4652 1 year ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best decal so far !!

4 months later
#5642 1 year ago
Quoted from jester523:

Just pulled the trigger on a NIB Wonka LE. Stoked. Not sure when i'll get it, but excited. Is it good to go out of the box, or any mandatory upgrades needed? I'll probably do the LED in the backglass as it seems to look a lot nicer.

Here comes another example with the factory upgrade instead of the factory building on the left side.

20191101_122058 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#5957 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you think the artwork and powder coating is worth $3K ? personally I like the blue better, but thats a personal pref. If I was you I would buy the after market side blades and JJP topper and call it good.

Agree 100%
The LE blue looks def nicer.
Topper and sideart is wack.
And who needs a princess-sparkeling-playfield.
More important is not to have a pooling one.

2 months later
#6862 12 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe it's time for a JJP "State of the Playfield" monthly mailer where they address the pipeline for existing customers and build confidence about new playfields for new customers

That would be great!
I'm waiting 7 month already for a replacement PF too.
I really miss more communication from JJP.
But again, it's our fault - my PotC had it too and even i bought the next title from them again.
Same with GnR, - customer became crazy regardless of the PF quality.
The result: PF issues again!
Will you buy the next title ? --- Maybe
So finally it's all about hoping that my next machine will not have it !?

5 months later
#8862 6 months ago

I was a little bit off of Wonka, because of R&M and TBL.
A trip of 19 millions 15 minutes ago pulled me rough back to the fact that Wonka is a masterpiece.

1 week later
#8972 5 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Like they were made for this game! Neos with fusion and UV flashers on mine. Pics are game with them set on my custom color close to white, UV flashing, and them turned off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

...come on, get a f..... ST !
You distroy the nice colors of a masterpiece PF.

1 month later
#9088 4 months ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I have an extra NIB WONKA playfield if anyone is interested

Did you get this because of chipping?
How long did you have to wait?

2 weeks later
#9281 3 months ago

First game today after the update yesterday - 32 Mio.
MY GC before was 20 Mio. with blood, sweat and tears...
That's a nice SW update.

But, cannot find again the adjustment in the settings, where i can switch the color of the score-display from red to yellow.
Any idea?

#9289 3 months ago

Still searching for the adjustment in the settings after the update, where i can switch the color of the score-display from red to yellow.

Someone?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waynetrane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside