0C2A0BF8-EF0F-44D3-91E0-218D9822C924 (resized).jpeg
9C872C52-376B-4D41-9C97-CCBE9F2308BB (resized).jpeg
F428CE75-A93B-4417-86F1-6DD57EFD4718 (resized).png
A4223727-90E5-4419-BFBA-9B8BF530DC79 (resized).jpeg
76588813-EBAC-4B79-B8B6-26BF2063D934 (resized).jpeg
A69965FB-7095-4056-BC15-2A00CB024AAF (resized).jpeg
CFB356E9-EA18-481C-9C78-D3F4C9088029 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (2 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (2 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (2 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waldo34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3390 2 years ago

Added my post to the outlane. As everyone on know the supplied rubber is to big. As I was unhappy with just a steel post. Found a rubber cap in one of my kits. Made a hole in the top side and installed it. Works great just enough room for the ball to squeeze by.

15748136262368869912164273046560 (resized).jpg15748137138667584316841406635185 (resized).jpg

#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

has anyone put extra ledstips in the backbox?
I would like to illuminate around the screen with white led strips (no RGB)
how easy is this?

Was wondering the the same thing. Seems like one could leverage the strip that is already there.

2 weeks later
#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Yes, that is not understandable.
The LED strip costs a dollar, and the camera cover so that the light is not reflected 50 cents.

Add me to the list of wanting to know more.

2 weeks later
#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Thanks. Tried this but still getting severe delay (or instances where it is just not reading the shot and the ball gets kicked out during ball search). I'll contact JJP. Maybe they can tell something by the logs, or perhaps this is an opto board they've had some known issues with.

I had an issue with my ramp optos not always working. Turned out the plug into the board had come loose. In fixing the issue I found a couple more starting to come undone. The board on the underside of the play field is pretty easy to track down.

1 week later
#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I've been thinking about changing mine to 5 balls per game for a while. I've only been able to get 2 golden tickets and to the office mode and not get past that. It's a matter of accepting defeat and trying for the more deeper modes to experience that. There is a setting that Keith talked about that makes getting to modes just 1 shot away as a type of demo mode for operators. Might save my settings and switch to that for a couple of weeks, then recover my old setup and old high scores.

I took the 5 ball and easy setting plunge tonight. 4.5 million up from 1.8 million but better yet was 4 of 5 golden tickets. It sure was fun to finally see some of the different modes.

1 week later
#4022 1 year ago

Received my tilt topper today and went to install it. Was surprised to see my 12v splitter from the wonkavator mod was not connected to the blue wire connector. couldn't find the original directions to confirm. Am I correct that these should be connected? Thanks

20200122_145202 (resized).jpg
#4024 1 year ago

Confirmed incorrect -- Does this look correct? Almost scared to turn the thing on.
20200122_155102 (resized).jpg

#4027 1 year ago

Alright glad I asked both blue plugs have been unplugged. Thanks all.

#4028 1 year ago

Thanks for all the feedback, glad I didn't blow anything up. I was able to hook up my topper this evening, it looks great.

20200122_210241 (resized).jpg
#4088 1 year ago

I too wasn't sure about the mod when it arrived and a little disappointed. Once in the game it looks good. At least I think it does. The bars mod is done the same way. Both have had compliments from friends playing Wonka.

20200128_131959 (resized).jpg20200128_132002 (resized).jpg
#4098 1 year ago

pretty sure the GI lights are sometimes off when the game is in attract mode.

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The Polk adds depth to game

How did you hook up the polk? Was just looking to do this but didn't see a direct plugin. I was planning on running wires from the existing speaker. Is there a butter way?

#4288 1 year ago

My camera also broke. JJP replace it. Kept it as a backup and fixed the original by drilling and placing a screw in it. Used white tape to cover the crack. Also had to zip tie the hand back on the camera.

20191122_122752 (resized).jpg20191122_104247 (resized).jpg20191122_104251 (resized).jpg20191122_162855 (resized).jpg
#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I played Wonka for the first time and really want one. So I am looking for one in MD/PA/Va area. Have an Indiana Jones to trade. Only concern is now that I’ve read a few pages on this thread it looks like JJP service is bad and getting worse as they add games. Since these games are pretty advanced you can’t always troubleshoot it yourself. First hand experience I’ve left 4 messages for a friends DI that won’t power up and no calls back. Not what I expected from them. It also seems to have hurt aftermarket wonka prices as they are now 6500. Anyway looking for one local to me. Great Pat Lawlor pin.

I own a DI and Wonka, always recommend calling your distributor first. As for quality, I don't think any vendor is perfect. In your friends case I would be pissed and discouraged from going JJP. In my case, knock on wood, only a few minor issues that my distributor, Kingpin Games quickly help resolve.

#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone having any issues with code 1.33? Im on 1.31 currently and thought someone mentioned an issue but thats all I heard.
Worth the update?

I am having issues just not sure how to roll back. Or I am seeing things for the first time like flippers dying during modes.

#4500 1 year ago

Having a issue with my Wonkavator. The game ends mid-turn after locking a ball in the Wonkavator. Sometimes it happens right after plunging the ball while other times it take a few minutes. I rolled back the code and it's still doing it. I have been checking plugs under the table not seeing anything. Has anyone else had this issue?

Here's a video it's not that good. Hard to play with one hand and film.

#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling right in Wonkavator or ball trough ? Optos working good in Wonkavator ?
Right number of balls in game and all accounted for ?
LTG : )

Has to be the trough, I removed all six balls. In test mode when I add the balls back sometimes the switches show Green even though they shouldn't be. I guess I'll take the opto boards off and see if I can clean them with a q-tip. First time for everything.

#4507 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling right in Wonkavator or ball trough ? Optos working good in Wonkavator ?
Right number of balls in game and all accounted for ?
LTG : )

No dice. Took the boards off the trough wiped them down. Once back together after my first Wonkavator lock it kicked out three balls. I'll try new balls tomorrow.

2 weeks later
#4651 1 year ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Had similar issues with my ball trough boards. The solder touch up did not work.
JJP sent me both trough board replacements and the game is fine now.
Best part ....the amazing LTG even called to check up on me. I was honored!

Same here. Had the new boards in under a week. No complaints with the JJP team.

#4676 1 year ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

5 days with machine at home and the captive ball shot is more difficult than at my favorite location. Same pitch. Hardest shot in game by far. Does this shot "loosen up" somehow over time? Adjustments?

I too find the captive ball shot very hard from the left flipper. When I backhand from the right it normally registers.

#4741 1 year ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Yep, when I run the trough test and launch a few balls it appears to working perfectly. What is weird is the game will play fine for a couple balls/games. Out of no where the game does 2 things. Either cut the ball off as if I drained even though I didn't or when you lock a ball 2-3 balls are launched into the shooter lane.
If I take the boards out will I notice an obvious solder error? I should probably just wait for a new board, I'm an amature.

I had to get new boards had odd things happen when I locked a ball into the Wonkavator.

4 weeks later
#4876 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Shouldn’t be a problem I’ve got the same and have no issues

Same, no issues.

1 month later
#5295 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

So, I'm staring in awe at the awesome attract mode light show on my Wonka, and noticed that something just didn't seem right with the WONKA smokestack. I went into test mode, and found out the red LED for the N in Wonka does not light.
Are there any troubleshooting tips for this, or is it just a bad board?

Had the same issue, months after installing new boards no issues to report. Awesome, pin congrats.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

So this just happened... on my Wonka LE, in four out of five games, I would get a random end-of-ball shutdown. That is, I would hit a switch -- any switch -- and my ball would end. In the games that this happened, I had just hit a captive ball (x2), then another time it happened after a Gobstopper bash and the last time I had just finished a run of 6 straight ramps and finished in the saucer (where it happened.)
The ball would hit a switch, the flippers would shut off & the bonus would get awarded. The dead ball would drain and then the next ball would show up in the trough as if nothing happened. Let me be clear: This wasn't a TILT function. The ball was playing normally and something was telling the game it had drained. As I type this, I'm wondering if this could be an opto triggering in the trough? I couldn't find anything of note in the switch tests and I couldn't get it to repeat.
A dirty trough opto maybe?

Had the same issue, only got worse. In the end I found the trough test sometimes failed and JJP had to replace my boards.

3 months later
#5955 1 year ago

Selling a couple of mods (Factory and WonkaVator) that are no longer needed it anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102299

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waldo34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside