IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#242 4 years ago

I’m looking forward to the mods for the empty ball lock shelf on the SE. It is begging for something fun looking on that empty shelf. The SE is a great deal at $7500. I’m in.

#260 4 years ago

I went to MGC considering the LE but switched to the SE because it is more bang for the buck. I plan to add a shaker and a couple of the inevitable mods that will be made for it and still have $1500 or more in my pocket vs the cost of the LE. I highly recommend working with Chris at KingPin Games!

1 week later
#351 4 years ago

Will it be possible to add a shaker to the WONKA SE?

#353 4 years ago

Thanks! I hope someone comes up with a mod to allow an external volume control too. That rectangular opening/plate is different from most.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Yes I spoke with JJP and they sell the shaker motor directly. I have no idea what external volume control adds as I have not had a JJ before? I assume you can control volume on inner coin door as usual?

There is an external volume control on the LE and CE in the lower left corner of the front of the machine, but only a blank plate on the SE. It allows you to make adjustments on the fly without opening the coin door. Very handy.

#397 4 years ago

I’m in on an SE but am eager to see what Yelobird comes up with for the “forgotten corner” where the Wonkavator isn’t. That will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I upgrade to the LE. I played all three models at MGC and this pin shoots like a dream! Lawlor has absolutely nailed it!

#413 4 years ago

I thought that at the mid-April unveiling, JJP said they would begin shipping the SE in 60 days. That would mean the first SEs would start being delivered in mid-June. Is that still the plan?

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Jack said 6 weeks in a podcast interview around MGC. If it’s 60 days from MGC then yea that would be June. Do you know who said 60 days?

I didn't get his name but he was a short guy, kinda orange.

Actually it is on the TWIP Deep Dive dated April 12 under the heading Production and Shipping.

"Jersey Jack plans to have games in customer homes within 60 days."

Based on that I was figuring mid-June.

#427 4 years ago

I made the decision today to upgrade my SE order to an LE. I came into some unexpected cash and decided that a ride in the Wonkavator would be fun!

1 month later
#578 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

My first NIB purchase, and I couldn't be happier! Only one issue I've had so far. Out of the box, I had to increase the power of the first of the two solenoids that return the locked ball to the shooter lane. Everything else has been pitch perfect.

Great to hear! I'll be waiting a few more weeks as I ordered an LE. Thanks again for the update.

#669 4 years ago

Great stream zaphX! Thank you.

2 weeks later
#1106 4 years ago

Has anyone shown WONKA art blades yet?

#1163 4 years ago

I have an LE on order. Are you using the JJP balls or upgrading to something else?

2 weeks later
#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

By first post, do you mean the one that requires you to take out the black rubber piece in the playfield? If so how did you remove it? Seems it almost needs to be drilled out.

Can you push it out from beneath the playfield?

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I bought a dozen shooter tips from Marco after getting a bad one OOTB on a machine. I have never regretted having them and use them a lot more often than I expected to.

I have several black ones that I kept after I replaced standard black rubbers on various machines with color kits. Sometimes it pays to keep the old parts after mods are made!

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

soon. the truck with all 20 of them should be leaving JJP tomorrow, getting here friday. I hope to make a run to the cities early next week.

Great news! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

LE is on the line still

True. Hoping mine will be delivered from Chris at Kingpin Games next week.

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It will. He is combing the Chicago area like Santa Clause (not saying he's fat....) with a mega truck of toys from Jersey. We will be seeing him soon with a multi LE Wonka drop. Way excited to bring this great game home.

You're right! I got a call from Chris at lunchtime today. He will be delivering my LE tomorrow!!!

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh happy day!

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Ren and Stimpy (resized).pngRen and Stimpy (resized).png
#1753 4 years ago

Thanks to Chris from KingPin Games for delivering WONKA LE #333 today! Great guy and an amazing game that plays perfect out of the box.

C88913A1-13F3-4063-B575-D6E51926F91A (resized).jpegC88913A1-13F3-4063-B575-D6E51926F91A (resized).jpeg
#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from MrsPin:

djreddog posted the “Big Points” decals I’ve been making. I also did some gobstoppers for our pingulp. If you’d like one, email [email protected]. $7 shipped.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love that pin gulp gobstopper decal! I just sent you an email. Thanks!

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe it's because people are trying to contact people individually instead of through the support portal and ticket system?

A good distributor can be your best friend too.

#1940 4 years ago

On my LE, the balls stay locked in the upper left corner Wonkavator area from game to game, which is what I want. However, if I turn the game off, they drain when I power it back up. Is there a setting I can change to retain the locked balls even after a shutdown? Thanks, it has been a couple of years since I have had a JJP game. Loving Wonka!

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Interesting! So the ball lock does not hold over during power cycle? That seems to be yet another reason why the physical Wonkavator is nothing more than a $2000 decoration.

Exactly what it does. I don't know if there is a setting for it or not, so it might just be a non-issue. I'm very happy I got the LE.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:No, we need to ensure the optos are working correctly when the game powers up, that's why we kick them out.

Thanks! That saved my thumb from clicking through all the menus. Great game!

#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

The setting to retain locked balls is: don't turn it off.

I like the retention. I was hoping to preserve it even after a power cycle. But I understand that they have to be rejected or the optos up there can't reset.

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from MrsPin:

djreddog posted the “Big Points” decals I’ve been making. I also did some gobstoppers for our pingulp. If you’d like one, email [email protected]. $7 shipped.[quoted image][quoted image]

The gobstopper sticker looks great on a black pingulp too!

Highly recommended.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm loving my WW LE. Has anyone had trouble with the ball getting temporarily stuck in the Gobstopper lock? It usually kicks into the shooter lane with a ball save. This is an especially problematic problem during multi ball. You think you're finished with MB, then the search reveals the stuck ball.

My wife was having an incredible ball and ended up with three balls jammed there in the chaos but all went well when the ball search cleared them nicely. Yes, she kicked my ass that game!

1 week later
#2175 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the Wonkavator multi ball on my LE. When multi ball is triggered, the white nylon shaft retracts and the first ball deploys, but the second ball hangs up - it looks like the shaft retracts but returns too soon before the second ball deploys. Once the first ball drains, a ball search begins and the second and third balls go into play as normal. Is there a way to adjust the timing on the nylon shaft or is there another fix?

Thanks!

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

There is. Go Into the menu settings and find coil settings. There you can change the delay of the release. I put mine on 190 I think, which was the quickest in ms (milliseconds). I had the same issue and it fixed it.

Thank you spandol. I set the delay on the release to 190 and now it works perfectly!

#2184 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Does anyone’s Wonka have an odd boot up sequence? When we turn it on, it will turn on, start booting up, then then off, then back on quickly, loud pop, etc...is this normal?

Yep, strange as it is, that's how all the JJP games I have owned boot up. At least the WOZ, Hobbit and Wonka.

1 week later
#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I just sold me LE and the buyer asked for the Letter of Authenticity. My LE only came with an envelope attached to the box that had the LE plaque in it. Did anyone else receive a signed paper certificate like the previous games or are they not doing that anymore? I assume they’d send me it if it was omitted.[quoted image]

No, I think that has been discontinued. I didn’t get one either.

1 month later
#2773 4 years ago

Loaded v1.26 tonight and it looks great!

4 weeks later
#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.
There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:
sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin

I had the same issue with my Mac/Catalina combo, but fortunately my wife had not updated her Mac to Catalina yet so I was able to set up my USB on hers. All went smoothly after that. Hope this gets addressed in the future.

1 week later
#3320 4 years ago

Time to buy replacement carbon balls for my WONKA LE. Any recommendations for a vendor?

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So I just noticed an issue with my decal near flipper game is not even a week old.
Decal is bubbling up and started to crease.
I noticed look bar from factory is very tight..
You think that can cause this ? Do you turn screws in or out to loosen lock bar ?
This is very annoying. I have and played my 30 games on it

This is not normal. Contact your distributor and share these photos. I'm certain they will get you a new side decal. They go on pretty easy if you use the wet method to install them.

3 weeks later
#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

To buy please call Shannan.

Shannan is great to deal with. She really knows her stuff and is very responsive.

2 months later
#4439 4 years ago

How do I find this "super easy " mode I see referenced? I'd like to give it a try for a while.

4 months later
#5561 3 years ago

Thanks to those that posted the instructions for fixing the balky Gobstopper rotation; mine is now spinning like crazy again. It was a simple fix that took about 10 minutes or so. Funny how when things slowly get worse over time, it is harder to notice the change.

#5564 3 years ago

Remove the Gobstopper by pulling up on it. Then, turn over the gobstopper and remove the three screws holding the Y-shaped plate in place. Then remove the plate from the Gob and set the Gob aside. At this point, I saw that there were scrape marks on the plate where it had been hitting the two screw heads that hold the motor in place.

You will see a short cylindrical piece of the Y-plate that was inside the Gob. It has two small Allen screws in it. The Allen screw farthest from the Y-plate was not screwed in far enough so the whole assembly was slipping down and hitting the screw heads on the top of the motor. I tightened that Allen screw until it stuck about halfway into the hole in the shaft. I did not touch the other Allen screw.

Just put the plate back in the same way it came out and put the three screws back in to the plate/Gob. Slip it back onto the shaft and you should immediately see that it created a nice gap beneath the Gob. As you slip the glass back on, make sure the glass will clear the Gob. Mine did with no trouble and it spins like crazy now!

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

2 weeks later
#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Will a furniture dolly help? And will it be easier to load/unload in my F-150 truck?

Don't try it alone, especially if you have stairs.

1 week later
#5776 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

I need to remove the Y-plate to attach the screws to the Gobbstopper. What size Allen wrench did you use? It's smaller than anything I have.
Thanks

I believe it was a 1/16” Allen wrench.

1 month later
#5998 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I'm looking into purchasing a NIB Wonka LE, and to save a bit of cash I plan to pick up the game in-person as opposed to shipping. I've always had games shipped in-box to my doorstep so this is new for me. Is there any issue laying an unopened boxed Wonka flat on the trucking side in a moving van (secured so it doesn't slide around in transit)? I know the box has a tip-o-meter but would any damage possibly result from this?

Be sure to check if you will owe Illinois tax or not if you pick up at the factory. JJP will know.

3 months later
#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

added 2 more, a 7/16 o.d. and then a 1/4" o.d. in essence creating a stack of 3 rings there

Hi ardadem,

Thanks for the tip. I found the 7/16" o.d on the Titan website, but did you mean a 1/4" o.d. for the top one? Seems tiny and I can't find it on the Titan website. Thanks!

Jim

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The "pop" at the ~10s mark is generated by the mother board headphone output (that routes to the amplifier board), and not the amplifier itself. harryhoudini has a gizmo that gates the lines until after that event for guys who can't live with it. It won't hurt anything and every JJP title I've ever seen does this.

I have one of these on my LE, it works perfectly and is easy to install. Highly recommended.

2 months later
#8325 2 years ago

Great to have Pinside back!

Special thanks to Chris Meunier at KingPin Games for going above and beyond in helping me with a WWLE issue. Great distributor!

1 month later
#8845 2 years ago

I just loaded Beta Build 4 on my Wonka LE with no problems at all. After just a couple of games I have seen several new video clips and audio bits. The scoring is more generous and the fun factor is way up! I highly recommend giving this a try as it really freshens the game experience.

EDIT: Yes, it automatically saved my scores and settings. Update is very easy to do. Thanks JJP!

2 months later
#9254 2 years ago

I switched my Beta update back to NO, then updated to 2.0 and everything went smoothly and surprisingly fast. SO cool to do a painless update. This great game is even better than before - by far!

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Is there a material difference between Beta 6 and update 2.0? Didn’t realize I needed to turn off the Beta update flag and download Beta 6 v. 2.0.

No difference. I just did it to simplify things. I think it will be a while before there is another Beta update, if ever. If I see on Pinside that there is, I will just switch it back on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=txstargazer3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.