IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5794 3 years ago

Joined the club last week. Absolutely love this game, but oops. From the factory without these screws.......

2E78A37D-5501-4637-835A-2021287A98B9 (resized).jpeg2E78A37D-5501-4637-835A-2021287A98B9 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had my best game on Wonka this evening....3 golden tickets (Kid, Factory, and the first one that seems to be given randomly). I almost got my 4th (Needed one more gobstopper jacket)....only scored 15M though....

Only 15M?? outstanding score.

5 months later
#7874 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

That install error is lousy, no ideas but hopefully starting from scratch will fix whatever hiccup happened. I used the USA download link today with no issues (well, don't get me started on the Mac headaches, I spent an hour trying command line crap to get the Mac version of unetbootin to work, apparently there are issues with the latest version of OSX ... I finally gave up, booted up Windows, and was SO easy to do, so zero issues with Windows). Just be sure to give your the image plenty of time to write to your USB; mine stopped at 87% complete for about 15 minutes, then continued, so just be patient (exactly as advised in the JJP directions). And I didn't read all of the forum comments first, but I can confirmed that high score, settings, AND all audit data are completely reset with the install (now it appears my machine has never been played ... good to know this when shopping for any used JJPs in the future that the eyeball test is more important than the # of games played according to the logs). After a couple of plays I have seen subtle differences in the code, seems a little more polished, music and sounds definitely changed a little for the better (nothing major but there were some sounds that seemed super repetitive that I'm not hearing nearly as much now). And yep high scores are no longer just initials, you enter your name! Really neat seeing the new features rolled out for WiFi and BT; look forward to testing those at some point.

Yes the Mac issue for Unetbootin is frustrating......but there's a super easy way to do the update using Mac.

1. download update ISO file
2. click and open ISO file - a new window will open showing the file contents of the image. You will see several folders and files.
3. select all files in that window and drag all to your USB drive (formatted FAT32, blank etc)
4. remove USB and do the update on your machine.
5. Done!! Worked for me on Wonka 1.34, and also recently on a DI LE.

Not sure why JJP don't publish this procedure for Mac users - it works perfectly and is super easy.

1 month later
#8374 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

JJP tech support said that their software engineers said you have to use Rufus for a full install otherwise I would use Unetbootin and just follow the directions.

Depends on the operating system you're using. If it's Mac OS, you don't need any of the above. You can do the complete full install using Mac OS. Unetbootin is obsolete in my opinion, and doesn't work on Mac OS.

I can't comment about the windows platform.

1 month later
#8749 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there any way to carry over the super locks in the Wonkavator or from game to game? It always dumps those balls on power up. I’d like to leave them in there. Is there a setting for that? I looked but didn’t see one.

They are carried over game to game, but not when you power off. I don't believe there's a way to adjust it in settings. Leave the game on and play until the super locks are used....

2 weeks later
#8900 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit works on both beta and release.

Yep, I've got Scorbit running just fine on Beta code 4.

#8934 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Paul Madison was in and lit up Willy Wonka on his birthday.
LTG : )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is an insane score!!

#8938 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Yes, you need to have a wifi adapter to enroll into rhe beta and upgrade.

Simply opt in for beta updates from the advanced settings menu. Anyone can do this now.

2 weeks later
#9022 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Already tried all of the above.
I just disconnected the SSD and it boots directly into the BIOS password screen. So I think I’m going to have to open a support case.

Assuming your SSD is good try again from the Mac - you don't need any third party software if using a Mac.

8GB or 16GB formatted USB drives seem to work best. Download the full 1.38 update. Click and open the image from Finder, you'll see a window open with the contents of the image file. Simply drag and drop all of the files onto the USB drive. It should copy around 3.8GB of data across to the USB.

Then eject the USB drive, place it into the USB slot on the machine and power up. This is how I've done all of my JJP updates and it's worked 100% every time.

Good luck.

3 weeks later
#9152 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

After switching USB sticks a third time it worked!!
I’m finally updated from 1.32 to 1.38 … now, what’s this Beta thing everyone is talking about?

duplicate post

1 month later
#9584 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

For the code update... I'm running 1.33 can I got straight to the 2.01 code? Or do I need to do the 1.35 before going to the 2.01? Thanks! Jeff

Full install required from version 1.33

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.