IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squirrlyjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Is the light below the Most Secret Machine still unlabeled? My thoughts on that whole thing with the "Big Points" label was it was because of code development. There's Small Points, Medium Points and Big Points modes reached from the lit ! shot at the saucer. I'm guessing that label on the prototypes just didn't make sense on the finished machines.

I brought home an LE today. It does not say big points.

We had a ton of fun playing today. I love the way the ball flows from shot to flipper. The Wonkavator is nice and satisfying, but it's not a must have. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

so I’ll ask again...lol. Did any LE owners get a certificate??

No certificate. Just a numbered metal plate

#1599 4 years ago

Looking for some insight.

The upper left flipper is getting stuck fairly regularly... Except it only happens when the ball gets diverted or recently after. It never happens prior to the diverter/magnet. I've tried a few different flipper strength settings and it hasn't helped. I'm going to try disabling the nearby magnet. Anyone have any thoughts?

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

Looking for some insight.
The upper left flipper is getting stuck fairly regularly... Except it only happens when the ball gets diverted or recently after. It never happens prior to the diverter/magnet. I've tried a few different flipper strength settings and it hasn't helped. I'm going to try disabling the nearby magnet. Anyone have any thoughts?

Still having this issue. I checked the screws underneath and everything felt tight and no different than the other 3 flippers. I've tried a bunch of different flipper strength settings as well. It is still getting stuck. It can be un-stuck by opening the coin door... any thoughts on why that would be the case?

1 week later
#1982 4 years ago

My captive ball knocker ball fell off today and started rolling down the playfield. Im slightly worried about playfield damage since the ball isn't round and I hit it once before I noticed. I hammered it back down, but is there anything special to do to lock it back on?

1 month later
#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious on opinions of getting the Le vs standard? I'm usually an Le guy on jjp games but not sure on this one. I played a standard on location, but wonder if the wonkavator really adds to anything. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Have an LE and I really like seeing the balls sploink into the wonkavator lock. It's a tough shot and the sploink is rewarding. My family also really likes stealing the locks (which I assume you can do in a SE, but just seems more visible in the LE). If I had it to do over again, I'd still buy the LE.

#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I hope the CE art blades will be available for purchase separately.

Yup, would buy those instantly

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pingraffix made those and says those are only available for the CE.

Interesting, I didn't realize they made both versions. I saw the ones available for sale currently, and to me, they don't look anywhere near as good as the ones in the CE. I would buy the CE blades for sure, but not the ones that are available. I prefer the movie tie in much more than random candy

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I was not satisfied with the sideart on the market, so i decided to do some Wonka sideboarddecals by myself.
After the first proto-print i needed to edit some elements in size and position.
I'll see on friday how the 2nd print will fit.

Love these! Sign me up

#2899 4 years ago

Awesome job with the decals! Hoping you open them up for purchase

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Having a problem with my augustus spinner, probably a regular pinball issue. The spinner comes to a rest on its side so the ball is having trouble spinning it when it goes by. I tried adjusting it but still same issue. Any advice on what to do so it comes to a rest in a proper position? Thanks in advance guys!

I had something similar. Had to take the ramp apart to get to it and adjust it. It's been fine since

1 week later
#3108 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

So my Wonka LE decided after less than 20 games that the factory didn't tighten the switch for the spinner up properly. This one looks like it will be super fun to gain access to.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, had the same issue from the factory. Took apart a bunch of stuff to get to it and fix it. Has been fine ever since. Took a good 45 mins tho to do it

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

So I said "What the hell" and turned down a bunch of difficulties. Got the 4th Golden Ticket and was two Kid Super Jackpots away from the fifth. The Most Secret Machine mode was a total blast!

Did you just use the new setting in the menu for easy mode? I'm thinking about doing this to give us a better chance of seeing more game modes. So far after 1200 plays, my family has hit Wonka's Office one time. I'm almost too embarrassed to say that it was my 10 year old who got it and not me

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

For what it's worth, I was also experiencing a super slow boot (but I didn't realize it until it was mentioned here). I did the 1.31 update today, which was the first full update I've done on my machine and my boot time is greatly improved.

Interesting! I wasn't planning on upgrading since I didn't see much value in the notes. If start-up time is improved that would be a good reason to upgrade. I wonder why they would leave that out of the notes

2 weeks later
#3353 4 years ago

Set my LE to super easy mode in the menu. Proceeded to get 4 golden tickets and got to the most secret machine wizard mode. So much fun. I know wizard modes should be special and such, but I would have liked to see this one easier to get to for the simple reason of, "it's super fun". I may keep the game set on easy so that we get to experience it more. I didn't even know the mode existed.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

How do you get wonkas office and most secret machine wizard mode?

Set the game to easy mode in the settings :p

1 month later
#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We’ve been playing since July and while we’ve managed a 4.4M score we’ve never gotten the second golden ticket.
We do, however, still keep trying and play a lot.
My fear is that lowering the difficulty will let us see everything and remove the incentive to keep trying.

I also got mine in July and lowered the difficulty about 2 months ago. We all enjoy it more now, but that's coming from someone who couldn't even get a 2nd ticket prior to the drop. The most secret machine wizard mode is the best one in the game and I have no shame getting to play it more

1 week later
#3953 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the ball not registering in the saucer. It seems to be hit or miss as sometimes it works and other times it just sits there until the ball locator thingy runs. I tried cleaning it with a lens cloth, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

1 month later
#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

So it finally happened. After 1 month of having my very first pinball machine it stops booting into the game.
This is what happens...
- I turn the power on.
- Comes to JJP splash screen and the screen is backlit
- After 5 seconds the screen is no longer backlit
- Then it says No Signal
Here is a video on what happens - pardon the bad phone quality

This happens every once in a while. So I would turn it off and turn it back on again and it would boot into the game. Now it won't boot to the game anymore.
Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

I had something similar and pulled the monitor out and reseated the HDMI connections. Has been fine ever since

4 months later
#5768 3 years ago

Have had Wonka for about a year now. Still loving it! It still gets played almost daily and has over 4000 games on it (kids will sometimes play it for hours).

1 year later
#9669 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Ok I ask Barry, but didn’t get response till now. Can I ask what the sculpture cost ? And where I can buy the ramp shield
Thanks

Mine broke too. Cost is $129.95 + shipping according to JJP customer service. Part #32-100039-00. That's too much for me. I'm just going to glue it for now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squirrlyjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=squirrlyjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.