• Standard 82 votes
    26%
  • Limited Edition 167 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 64 votes
    20%

(313 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 459 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

targets (resized).jpg
targets2 (resized).jpg
targets3 (resized).jpg
targets1 (resized).jpg
targets4 (resized).jpg
side7 (resized).jpg
side6 (resized).jpg
side5 (resized).jpg
side4 (resized).jpg
side1 (resized).jpg
side3 (resized).jpg
side2 (resized).jpg
bb (resized).jpg
gs (resized).jpg
pack2 (resized).jpg
pack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (6 months ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (3 months ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (3 months ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (3 months ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smalltownguy2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#322 6 months ago

I'm in for a SE! Chris from Kingpin is a pleasure to work with. I may wait a few months for a few hundred to roll off the line first to be sure the kinks have been worked out, but then again I might not? This will be my first NIB pin. I've traditionally been an arcade guy.

EDIT: I can comment on the post above.

Quoted from Budman:

Did you get to play the SE ? If so, what was your assessment vs. the LE with the Wonkavator?

I put about 2 hours and 100 games in on the LE during the MGC Saturday night VIP afterparty, and I can tell you that I only got the Super Ball Lock to light up three times, and never made a shot into it. I'm just not that good of a pin player yet

That said, I'm really not going to miss the Wonkavator mech. Should I ever become a good enough player to use it, it's still virtually emulated in the game code on the SE anyway, so we're good.

Apart from what others are saying about the SE artwork, I actually like it better. It has a more "plain" or "uniform" look to it. Just the game title in larger than life font. Works for me. I've never been a big fan of busy, packed artwork. Sometimes less is more. Besides, it'll get sandwiched between games in most cases any way.

#325 6 months ago

Man I REALLY want multi-colored balls (gobstopper) balls to be a thing!!

I don't even need them to be interactive, I just think they would look cool!

1 week later
#393 5 months ago

I would much rather wait longer for a game with better polished code. Stern has screwed the pooch several times with shoddy game play with me in the past.

1 month later
#511 3 months ago

Anyone? Crickets? Supposedly in production for 2 weeks now?

3 weeks later
#1005 3 months ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I agree. For me, I would add the shaker motor and the invisiglass, so bumping to the LE makes sense. I also really like the blue trim and the improved artwork. And I’m now officially in on an LE through Game Exchange in CO. They’re telling me I’ll be in the first shipment, so I’m super stoked. Just a few more weeks to wait!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can install both a shaker and invisiglass for WAY less than $2K, unless I'm missing something?

#1042 3 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

I didn't realize manufacturers allowed their distributors to price gouge.

You do know what the definition of MAP is, right?

#1077 3 months ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I played 4-5 games on the LE before it went on location and I was kind of blown away. It shoots so well and it is fun and beautiful! I watched the reveal and was less than impressed and thought this might not be up to JJP standards. I can tell you it is for sure. If you have not played it yet get out there and try it out there is so much to do.
Also very important: not a single issue out of the box.

I assume you mean the SE, since I don't believe the LE's are shipping yet.

#1079 3 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Actually it is LE...see his photo.

Overseas - I see that now.

#1104 3 months ago

Please don't rain..... please don't rain..... please don't rain.....

in-the-truck (resized).jpg

#1109 3 months ago

Serial number info, for those of you who care:

First 3 digits: 087 - these are the same on all JJP machines, and don't mean anything (it's the first 3 digits of their zip code LOL)
Next digit: Indicates the game. Not 100% sure, but I believe it's 0=WOZ, 1=TH, 2=DI, 3=POTC, and 4=WONKA
Next digit: Indicates the version 1=LE, 2=SE, 3=CE
Next 3 digits: random numbers.

Apparently the Playfield number is where the manufacturing info (date, position, # off the line, etc) is stored.

Just thought you guys would like to know.

#1122 3 months ago

Wife let me put it in the living room for a few weeks

20190719_073456 (resized).jpg

"Mom, I woke up just so I could play pinball."

wonka2 (resized).jpg

#1168 88 days ago

Seeing the photo of the Golden Tickets brings me to a question: Do they carry over? Can you collect them over several games?

#1170 88 days ago

Anyone else get more than one ball spit out in the shooter lane? Sometimes I get two. Other times I get a random ball during play.

#1172 87 days ago
Quoted from frobozz:

There's a trough test in the menu - use that to see if the optos behave properly when balls are there, not there, etc. (If your problem is intermittent, might try wiggling/slapping things on the trough to see if it works, then doesn't, etc.)

Funny you should mention that. My daughter just shot me a text to tell me that she just received a "ball trough error" on-screen. I'm having her check the trough and reboot, and we'll see.

#1193 86 days ago

My ball trough opto is malfunctioning. Switch test shows the "stuck ball switch" intermittently showing closed/open/closed/open. This is causing the game to trigger the coil at the end of the trough, pushing a ball into the shooter lane. Then the launcher shoots it into play. This is happening pretty much continuously now, until all 6 balls are launched out of the trough.

Speaking with tech support, I'm told that this is/was a known issue. Apparently to meet production demands for the timeframe from announcement to launch, JJP had to use an extra pcb builder to manufacture the opto boards because their current manufacturer wasn't capable of the increased production needed. The bad boards are supposedly coming from that builder. The malfunctioning opto boards were being fished out of the line (and replaced) as they failed, but some lasted long enough to make it out of the factory. Mine is one of those.

I'm being told that a replacement part is on the way. Here's hoping they send a good one?

#1195 86 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Out of curiosity, what is the born-on date for your Wonka?

6/27/19. 105th game off the line.

#1210 85 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Yeah, I hope they get this out to existing owners. I get a lot of air balls off of that ramp and it is just a matter of time. I even dialed down the flipper strength by 2, which is not an ideal long term fix (or a reliable solution).

Yeah, I'm gonna need that plastic too. Too many air-balls already.

#1232 84 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Having that Wonkavator in the back corner is huge. The SE is just so, empty back there.

I've got a couple hundred games in already on my SE, and I don't miss it one bit.

I'll be purchasing a shaker, volume control & headphone jack, and some kind of wonkavator replacement toy for the upper left corner. The other $1500? I'll pocket it towards my next JJP pin

#1237 84 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You think someone in the modding community is going to create a fully functioning physical ball lock?!? That's some serious optimism right there.

Not likely. I'd be happy with an "out-of-the-field" toy that eats up the empty space.

#1254 84 days ago
Quoted from SaintJonus:

Just got to Wonka's Office for the second time ever. I got it last weekend and my roommate got it tonight. Such a cool mode, one entire half of the screen and playfield goes dark.[quoted image]

Holy crap, I need to get better at this game. There's SO much I'm not going to get to see if I can't unlock it!!

So cool. Thanks for sharing.

#1265 83 days ago
Quoted from psexton:

Sorry its being a while since I have needed support or used pinside. How do I talk to Frank or Steve at JJP?
Thanks

Call (732) 364-9900 and press "1" for tech support. Don't leave a message if you get VM, just call back until you get someone. It will most likely be Frank or Steve.

#1269 83 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Everything JJP has told me leads me to believe that this is the case. They are also aware of the air ball issue (the plastic Fsctory Ramp “roof”) and the more fragile Oompa Loompas. I expect us SE owners who just COULDN’T WAIT will have an option for these soon.
On that note, everyone please make sure you have registered your game with JJP as soon as possible, and if you have crashes or mechanical issues, contact customer service and make them known. This information will make everyone’s life easier (especially yours if an issue is related to a bad board or other item) and is ultimately a lot more productive than airing out every issue on the forums first.

I've done both. I've discussed my concerns with my distributor, and they've moved them up the chain to JJP. I've also covered them here.

The only major issue I've had so far is the bad opto board on my ball trough. My game has been turned off since Sunday for that issue, as it's unplayable in the state it's in. Tracking shows replacement parts coming Tuesday.

My trough does not have clearance issues, balls cannot fit through the end. I would like to have the ramp roof, though. I've had a few airballs already.

As to other issues, I had some other shipping damage concerns, all of which are being handled.

#1335 80 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh, I know. I was simply pointing out that extremely bare spot in the back.

Alright, we get it. Everyone here knows that there's no Wonkavator on the SE. Knock it off.

#1346 80 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Isn't this a forum dedicated to talking about pinball, whether it's positive or negative?

You've already made your point. Stop beating the dead horse.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is just a Wonka Club. Not exclusive to owners.

A reasonable person could assume that the majority of people posting in this thread are either owners of the Wonka pin, or are interested in being owners, or interested in the pin itself. Otherwise why bother? There are plenty of other topics to spend time on Pinside posting in.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the absence of a single mechanism (the Wonkavator) in the SE is FAR outweighed by the cost savings of $2,000.00. Truth be told, I'm not sure I would have purchased a NIB pin if it were over $8K.

Yes, I understand there are other premium items on the LE. I prefer the SE artwork; I prefer the black armor and mirror silver wireforms, and I can buy the shaker, volume control and invisiglass for under $500. Aside from some other small differences, the Wonkavator is all that's left. I'll keep the extra $1500 in my pocket, thanks.

#1373 79 days ago

My replacement trough opto should be arriving via UPS today. I'll install and report back with results.

I wonder just how many defective ones there actually were - Looks like SOMEONE is losing their manufacturing contract with JJP.......

#1403 79 days ago

Trough boards arrived yesterday, as well as some other warrantied parts. Back in business. The magnets did some serious wacky shit to my ball during Oompa Loompa Odyssey. Dang!!

#1405 79 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those magnets do nothing forever then suddenly WHAM.
I had a ball heading south shoot abruptly upward last night!

Yes! That was one of the things that happened. Another time, it pulled the ball out of the outlane and SHOT it towards the gobstopper toy. Crazy stuff.

#1455 77 days ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Agree 100% there are diverter issues. I haven't been able to nail down exactly when it doesn't work, but the ball does fly-by or bounce out pretty often.

Can you show me where on the table this issue is? I can't seem to envision it.

#1457 77 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The Wonka "butter box" above the upper left flipper.

What's it doing? Or not doing? Is that the mech that causes the ball to drop down from the left wireform to the magnet above the upper left flipper from time to time? Mine does that, but it's only occasionally. Is that normal? What's it supposed to do?

#1490 77 days ago

Now that I'm aware of a potential issue, I've been hyper vigilant about watching for the diverter to malfunction. Last night, I enabled a mode that told me to "shoot the spinner for" for wonka bars. I hit the left ramp, the ball rolled by the mech, the mech activated, but the ball missed and came the rest of the way down the ramp. Bummer. No spinner award. Drained shortly after.

This is annoying. What is everyone doing to make this work better?

#1492 76 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How many balls does wonka use?

six

#1494 76 days ago

My daughter had a Wonka themed birthday a few years ago, I spent WEEKS researching the size, dimensions, labels, and design of the Wonka bars. I made a whole case of them (had a custom chocolatier from New Hampshire pour them for me in regular milk and dark chocolate) and gave them away as party favors. Of course hers had a "golden ticket" inside.

She had a BLAST at the party. All kinds of fun colorful candy items.

wonka (resized).jpg

wonka2 (resized).jpg

#1588 73 days ago

My diverter is starting to get flaky. I'm seeing about 20% of the time the ball never drops, another time or two it will drop, but not cleanly. Rest of the time it works OK.

I think I'm going to break down and install the extra post on the left outlane. I'm just not that good yet

#1592 73 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

in the times that is it not grabbing and diverting the ball, would you say the ball is traveling at normal speed down the ramp or faster than normal?

I've observed the issue under both circumstances.

I had another air ball yesterday too, Bounced right off the Oompa Loompa's head. Didn't break it, thankfully.

#1629 72 days ago

My wife took Grand Champion away from me last night, falling just 10K short of 1 million points

I have a question: Does anyone have the ability to explain (hopefully with pics or video) the various "skill shots?" I've only been able to correctly identify one of them, where you land in the saucer on ball launch.

Also, I'm kind of sour about the fact that I have to send back warranty replacement parts on my own dime too. Annoying. My SE arrived with some damage to the shooter rod bezel, some damage to one of the legs, and an impression on one of the pieces of the backbox artwork, in addition to the trough board failure. JJP sent out all of the parts last week, but now I have to box up the trough boards, extra leg, and shooter bezel and send them back on my own dime. Annoying.

On a lighter note, Chris from Kingpin has already hooked me up with a volume control / headphone jack. Sweet! And I've ordered a shaker motor from Pinball Life, as well as a leaf switch adjustment tool - my left slingshot is just a hair too touchy, firing on its own even sometimes. The switch needs to be adjusted.

My ramp diverter still plagues me. My wife's 990,000 game last night would have been WAY over 1 million had she been able to take advantage of the "Wonka Bar Craze" computer award early in the game - the ball didn't drop to the magnet, and she missed the spinner shot. Bummer.

I know I've said it, but it bears repeating: Oompa Loompa Odyssey is fricking incredible. The whole backglass display flips the image and you're looking outwards from the point of view of the Oompa Loompas, and the jackpots are huge. My wife snagged over a quarter million points on that mode alone.

My daughter shot some video of my wife's big game last night, I'll see if I can get a decent copy of it uploaded to YouTube.

EDIT: Got it:

#1641 72 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Best of luck to you guys. Please keep in mind history has shown your playfield clear coat issue will not be taken care of under warranty. If I were in your shoes, I'd look that thing over before you fully remove it out of the box and if you see clear coat pooling around the posts then contact your vendor immediately and tell them its unacceptable and ask for another one or a healthy partial refund.
Not doing anything only encourages the same behaviour to be repeated.

I'm not well versed in this, and not sure why I should care. If the clear coat is creased around the posts on my game, why would I care? I don't believe the ball touches that area?

#1720 70 days ago

Good grief I'm only 3 weeks of play into my SE and my right lower flipper rubber is nearly split open already. Anyone have any recommendations on what to use?

#1832 66 days ago

I have the diverter issue. I've reported it to Chris at Kingpin. I've also sent an email to Jen at JJP to get added to the forums so I can report it there.

#1866 64 days ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’ve sent Shannan two emails and Frank one with no responses. What is going on over at JJP???

Call them. 732-364-9900.

Don't leave a message. Just keep calling back until a live person picks up.

#1868 64 days ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’ve emailed Frank as well. No response

See my above message.

#1885 63 days ago

Finally got around to matting and framing the poster I got from Chris at KingPin.

poster (resized).jpg

#1890 63 days ago

Looks like JJP released a new code update today.

Several changes, including a diverter test.

This one intrigues me: "+ Added support for SE and CE toppers."

Typo maybe? Did they mean LE and CE? I was not aware of an SE topper.

#1893 63 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did you see this info Sir?

Was released on their Facebook page about an hour ago.

#1897 63 days ago

Jersey responded to my question about the topper! Oh snap..... could there be an interactive topper coming as an accessory for the SE??

topper (resized).png

#1934 62 days ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I don't mind it. It makes things a bit harder, but I see it as leveling the playing field a bit between beginners and experts, much like the per game tilt warnings. It doesn't affect low skill players, as they were always going to let the auto-plunger do its thing. But it doesn't allow skilled players to have an advantage, especially at the start of multi-balls. If you don't want the ball in the pops on ballsave, don't drain .

Speak for yourself. I refuse to allow extra opportunities for the ball to to go the pops if I can help it.

They need to make the auto-plunge time a user selectable setting. The new setting is unacceptable!

#1989 60 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anyone know the solution for this trough error?

Replacement trough optic boards.

I finally got around to installing my headphone jack / volume control and the shaker motor on my SE yesterday. Magic. I now have everything I wanted from the LE. Time to start shopping for some mods for the shooter and playfield.

The shaker is great - Wonkatania Mania slowly ramps up the rumble and by the end the whole room is shaking Wonkavator Multiball is fun too.

Also: I really cannot stand the diverter. It's not working as intended, and it's causing a casual player like me to miss out on limited opportunities to take advantage of crucial (yet limited) shots for big points or rules. They need to figure this out, pronto.

#1992 59 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Reflowing solder seems to fix the issue or jjp will send u new ones.

I'd call BS on this, unless you're into SMD solder work. Nearly everything on the opto boards are SMD. I reflowed all of the "through-hole" components on my opto boards and it made not a bit of difference.

Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks!So is the shaker motar used enough?Try practice lower right flipper to upper left flipper for more spinner shots

The shaker motor is tastefully used. Perfect amount.

I hear what you're saying about the bottom right to upper left pass (it's needed to trigger kid multiball anyway), but that still doesn't change the fact that moving a ball through the gobstopper ramp proves to be a crap shoot as to whether or not you're going to be able to use the upper left. Not to mention, if you short-plunge for a skill shot to the saucer, the first place you're headed after you use the upper right flipper is the center ramp, which goes right to the diverter too. That's where 90% of my angst comes into play. Land a ball in the saucer, then trigger a computer award like "super spinner" for example, shoot the ball up the center ramp, watch it roll to the diverter where it should drop down to the magnet, and *dammit*, it just rolls on by.

#1994 59 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I feel your pain, my diverted just seems to mess up when ball is moving to quick.What shaker did you use and where did you get it?

I bought mine from Pinball Life.

#1997 59 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys! After a week of ownership and no issues I got the dreaded ball trough spitting out balls at random. All the switches are recognizing the balls so I don’t have a solution. I’ve called Frank but no response yet. This sucks!

Sounds like a recall needs to be issued. There HAS to be a way for JJP to zero in on which units are fitted with the opto boards that were subbed out to the "other" pcb house.

All of the potentially affected opto boards need to be pulled and swapped immediately. Get ahead of it, instead of playing "catch-up."

#2018 58 days ago

For those of you (like me) who are annoyed with the near-instant ball launch that happens with the latest code release, try turning down the power of your auto-launch coil to 10. That pretty much puts the ball right in the saucer for my game, which is very much preferable to having it fly over to the pops.

#2024 58 days ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I've found that I've been able to adjust and I can do a short plunge even with the new faster auto-plunge. It's harder and I don't always get it, but I get it more often than not. I put up over 6 mil last night and got a second golden ticket for the first time. This one was for completing all 12 modes. I'm getting really close to the gobstopper one too. 4 of 5 super jackpots in that game. I'm having a blast playing this.

You are officially NOT allowed to play my game LOL

#2046 57 days ago
Quoted from mavantix:

ltg am I correct in assuming JJP won't be addressing these issues for owners?

I have opened a half dozen support requests for my SE over the past month. All of them were handled by JJP within 24 hours, except the one I opened about the clear pooling around the star posts. That one remains unanswered.

#2050 57 days ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Joe has said they're in, but I haven't seen anyone get a third golden ticket. I've been 1 gobstopper super jackpot away from a third, but it's tough to hit the upper ramp during multiball. Third ticket gives some award, fourth and fifth are more wizard modes.

Anyone try getting the other ones? How do you get the "Kid Multiball" one?

How about the "Wonkavator Multiball" one? The rule sheet just says "complete wonkavator multiball." How do you do that?

And the Gumball machine ticket seems to be the easiest, if that's the "lost ticket" they're talking about.

Starting all the factory modes seems tough, but doable.

Gobstopper jackpots also seems tough, but doable.

#2178 51 days ago
Quoted from spandol:

There is. Go Into the menu settings and find coil settings. There you can change the delay of the release. I put mine on 190 I think, which was the quickest in ms (milliseconds). I had the same issue and it fixed it.

While you're in settings, go to your auto plunger and change the strength to about 11. Keeps the ball save out of the pops.

#2193 49 days ago

I had to change my auto-plunger coil strength back up to 20, it was really clogging things up during multi-balls. Bummer. Now I'm back in the pops again.

#2285 43 days ago

Do you have some code notes to share? Interested to see what's different.

1 week later
#2378 36 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Pretty sure it’s not a screw. You have to lift the PF and then from the underside use a small screwdriver or something to push out the insert.

I think it's a ribbed push-in rivet.

-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

rivet (resized).jpg

#2381 36 days ago

Installed my Gobstopper shooter from The Modfather last weekend. Immediately took the Grand Champion score on my first game using it. Coincidence?

modfather.jpg

#2408 35 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

When my Wonka arrived, the tilt bobber wire was a little bent. I bent it back. It works fine now. I didn't need a legion of people who don't own the machine to start throwing conniption fits on my behalf.

I hope you're not seriously implying that your bent bobber wire issue is anywhere close to the severity of the issue of blistered and chipping clear coat on the playfield.

#2506 30 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call them about it. No idea how bad ones were sent again. Obviously a mistake was made.
I am sorry about that.
LTG : )

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Any chance JJP may switch to a different supplier for the CE? Or will we keep having to switch the boards until the warranty runs out?

Can anyone confirm the number of balls you are supposed to get in each type of multiball again? I'm worried about whether or not my trough boards might be malfunctioning again.

Slugworth is how many? 2? 3?

#2509 29 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Slug = 2
Gobstopper = 3
Wonkavator = 3
Kid = 1 ball PLUS 1 additional ball for each kid collected. So a max of 6 balls.

Shit. I was afraid of that.

#2511 29 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So if you are experiencing issues, it’s because your trough boards need to be replaced. CALL, don’t email. Get the parts shipped to you and you will be on your merry way.

I'm well aware of how to handle these kinds of issues. I've already had my trough opto boards replaced once under warranty.

I'm going to have to play some more test games tonight to see how many balls get pushed out during the various multi balls. Dammit.

#2528 29 days ago

Got tied up with household chores last night and forgot to play some test games for multi ball. Turned on the game this morning to play a few test games, got the alarm notification. "Oh, the tilt bob alarm again," I thought. Open the coin door and NOPE, not the tilt alarm.

20190919_064659 (resized).jpg20190919_064728 (resized).jpg

I guess I don't need to test multi ball, do I?

#2559 27 days ago

Any chance we'll ever see those mods in an injection molded form? I'd like to see them professionally done. Not a huge fan of 3D printed scan-lines.

I thought there were clear tube covers with that mod?

#2621 23 days ago

Question for everyone - does your auto-launcher fire a ball each and every time a ball is saved? I'm noticing at times that when I drain and the ball is saved, the game kicks the ball into the shooter lane, but does not auto-launch it.

This may or may not coincide with the fact that the "ball saved" animation does not play whenever that happens too.

I'm fairly certain that the ball "should" have been saved when it does this, because I've either been in first-launch saver mode, or I'm in a 15-second ball saver award. But it seems like every now and then it saves the ball without the on-screen animation or voice call, and just drops the ball in the lane without auto-launching it.

Anyone see this?

and p.s. to JJP: you people are evil for the way you designed the factory ramp shot - it's damn near impossible for me to hit it with the left flipper reliably. That shot is SO tough!!

#2635 21 days ago

I got a rare opportunity to "watch" the Wonkatania Mania mode last night, as I locked a gobstopper ball at the exact moment that the mode began, so I had a ball sitting in the shooter lane waiting for me to launch it. I ran and grabbed the phone

Too bad I didn't get the scream at the end though. But still - would you just LOOK at that light show???

#2641 20 days ago

I just got a notification that my plastic ramp deflector has been shipped. Looking forward to cutting down on the air balls wrecking the toys

#2678 17 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I see Titan has a universal kit so I'm going for that for now I guess.

We do really need someone from JJP to chime in with a kit though.

#2722 13 days ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I got it fixed. Had to short the two PWR pins on the motherboard as suggested by him. Thank you.
Before this happened, the last thing i did on my machine was turn it on, then i turned it back off after about 5 seconds. So something hiccupped when turning it off prematurely like that.

I would recommend hooking up a keyboard to your system and entering the system bios so you can set your power return settings correctly. The system should be set to "turn-on" when power is applied to operate correctly, I believe. Maybe your system got messed up somehow.

#2724 10 days ago

WHOAH.....new code dropped today! TONS of changes:

==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright � 2018-9 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==

Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.

Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

== Version 01.25 October 7, 2019 ==

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10 & V01.12 & V01.13 & V01.14.

=== Game Code
+ Added Wonka Bar Ransom mode at 200 bars
+ Added golden bonus levels at 300 & 400 Wonka bars
+ Added Golden Ticket difficulty adjustments for all tickets
+ Added speech in various places
* Small tweaks to Wonka's Office rule & scoring
* Updated 3rd golden ticket choreo
* 2X Wonka Bars now will award 2 bars per spin on one time super spinner shots
* Increased scoring for Dots! Dots! Dots!, Slugworth Multiball
* Updated Wonkavator Multiball scoring
* Increased hurry up time for Violet and Augustus
* Updated motion detection attract mode logic
* Corrected a rare potential crash in Kid Multiball
* Fixed a bug where Computer Award Modes didn't pause timers correctly
* Various other bug fixes and improvements
+ Updated game to handle a coin-op preset setup
- NOTE: The below changes apply *ONLY* when installing coin-op preset
(via the standard coin-op preset or the new operator shortcut)
- Easier Gobstopper Multiball
- Wonka Bars do NOT reset ever
- Scrumdidilyumptious is no longer a combo rule until its completed once
- Kid Multiball stays lit all the time even after drain
- All Factory Tour Modes start game 1 hit away from being qualified
- Super X Qualifying shots now include the center loop shot
- 1 Super Lock is lit at Game Start
- Computer Award Modes are added to computer sooner

=== Core Code
+ Updated top level menu with new operator setup shortcut
- NOTE: this setup changes the rules slightly for a casual pinball audience

#2770 8 days ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Is there a rubber kit available for this game? A lot of my rubber is abraiding and flaking and i can't find a kit for it. Does anyone know if one is available for Wonka or if i can buy a rubber kit for different game?

Yes please, this. And a manual. It's time!!

1 week later
#2886 1 day ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im sure they have changed or fixed the issue on newly made wonka's.....

Based on what evidence?

#2905 22 minutes ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

I should have been clearer; I didn't mean the toy up top spinning I mean the base/hole that rotates upon hitting the target. Upon start up it makes a noise as well as it resets to starting position.

Yes, this is normal. The trap door cycles at startup to calibrate position, and you can hear it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smalltownguy2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside