IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 5 years ago

I did not even know my new Samsung TV had the Twitch app built in. I always watched reveals on my small ass phone.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There is a lot there. Shoots super fun too. Smooth and awesome toys.

It looks fun. Cant wait to play at Pinfest.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was in on the LE, but now I'm out.
What's the hurry?...they're going to make 5000 LE's.
I'll wait until after I play the machine.

I agree. I may buy used. This should be the number of units made:

Standard - unlimited
LE's - 1,000
CE's - 200

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I currently have a CE on order but think I will revert back to an LE? What do you think? This will be my second pin (WOZ RR is my first). I like the blue armor on the LE better than the cand red on the CE. The gobstopper pull and topper are nice but not $3K nice. I am just having a hard justifying the extra $3K for a CE. What should I do?

I think the LE or even the SE are the best bang for your buck!

1 week later
#381 5 years ago

I will be playing a LE next Friday at Pinfest. Cant wait. Last time this happend i sold a few pins to buy DILE which i still have. I dont want to sell Congo to do this

#388 4 years ago

I just noticed all the Wonka threads have gone dormant! I thought the release was going to be weeks after the reveal but its months so maybe that has hurt the train we were all riding weeks ago. It was fun seeing pics, videos, comments, excitement. But now, its a ghost town.

1 week later
#454 4 years ago

OMG you are not kidding. I want to buy a Wonka just for these mods!

1 week later
#459 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I really do hope they add more clips and audio from the movie soon. Also hope we hear about production and shipping starting as well.

I hope so as well. I was told months ago that shipping would start weeks after the reveal which is now a let down. Now it looks like months or longer.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, they said 60 days after reveal (which was April 13th at MGC), so that puts them at mid-June. They still have a full month left.

Yes, how do you know who told me? I was told basically shipping 2 weeks after was the goal not months. Lets report back in 30 days.

2 weeks later
#478 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Word is the SEs are on the line and production has begun!

Not sure if the first batch is Homeowners. I think its operators and locations. Please correct me if im wrong.

2 weeks later
#523 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Picking mine up this week! IT'S Happening![quoted image]

Did you say VA, MD, DC, PA party?

#541 4 years ago

The playfield lights look dark. Is it my phone or what?

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It's your glaucoma you old coot.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post a video and a couple of pics of the fun custom we built. I was contacted by a client who has become a good friend of mine about making him a Willy Wonka topper. He specifically wanted to concentrate on the pinwheel design. So I came up with a negative cut rear pinwheel and used color changing lights to keep that festive feel. I also decided to frame it to match the scheme of the machine and hopefully make It blend well. I really wanted avoid the obvious “mountain of candy”stuck all over and instead went with the cleaner look to emphasize the unique pinwheel background.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very very cool. Love it!

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

I got the factory mod, looks sensational! Mod Couple did an amazing job![quoted image]

Very nice.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Wife and I are enjoying the game. I am amazed how much of the modes/kid shots/multiballs stack. I haven't got a good sense of it yet, but you can get a lot going at once.
it seems the info is almost always on the backglass. To come up with good strategies for points or progress, I might recommend 1 player at a time, with other players reading info as it appears on the screen.
It will become easier over time, but there is a lot in this one!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I cant wait to try it again.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Are any you folks WOZ owners. I love my WOZ, but thinking might be time to switch up the collection. Now, granted these are drastically different pins in every sense of the word... aside from they both appear to have amazing light shows. But, my question is would this be something worth doing... I'm afraid I may miss WOZ... I have played a Wonka but only about 6 balls.. and i love the theme

I’m a RRWOZ owner. One of the best pins ever. Can’t let it go. Congo will go before WOZ if I need the funds to purchase a Wonka LE!

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I own neither, but wouldn't want to trade out a Woz for a Wonka. I still want to buy a Woz, Wonka not much at all.

I can help you get your WOZ. Sell me Pirates.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Don’t do it. WoZ is a fantastic pin (IMO) of course.

It sure is. One of the best! IMO

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here’s my hot take after 24 hrs:
Packing: Very impressed! There were notable changes here from my last shipments. For one, the pallet was much larger than the pin itself, presumably to give it room to prevent damage. Second, the game rested on a foam padded piece of playwood (on top of the pallet.). Lastely, the whole thing was wrapped in thick plastic. Very well protected and arrived with no damage.
Build Quality: Also outstanding. No issues of any kind. The game is exactly as you’d expect for a brand new high-end toy. All I had to do was unwrap it and plug it in. As a measure of caution, I did run a switch test first and clean the playfield, but neither was necessary as all the switches tested out correctly and the playfield came back clean as well. Great job JJP!
Gameplay: On the first day I didn’t play much and instead let my buddies who helped move it play as much as they liked while I dealt with disposing of the packing materials. I probably only had 5-10 games the first day. Initially I was pretty frustrated by it, but chalked it up to a long day and resolved to try again the next. Today I put around 8 hours into the game. The first couple hours I was having serious problems with lots of left-lane and center drains. I was getting frustrated...but then something clicked. Suddenly I was able to nudge better and defend from the drains. The rules started to make sense (thanks VERY much to help from the JJP folks who kindly joined my stream.). And then it all started coming together. As I gained a better understanding of the goals, the danger spots, how to read the screen and how to interpret the callouts, I really started to have a lot of fun. There is quite a bit more to this pin than you’ve seen on the streams so far. I managed to unlock an “Oompah Loompah Odyssey” mode which blew me away and had me laughing with sheer joy!
My wife is also taking to the game and managed to dethrone my ~1.1M GC score with a ~1.6M score of her own.
I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with this game. Well done, JJP!

Great write up. I dont have my LE yet but have been watching alot of streams. I have been watching the big screen and starting to really understand the game. Its great! Tells you exactly what to do. The sounds and voice seem to be alot different based on when i played it at the show. I think this is another great hit for JJP & Company.

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

He’s looking for the spelling errors that were on the prototypes and made a huge deal of it even after everyone including Keith told him it happens in prototypes and would be fixed in production. He even pointed it out again 2 months later how it was still misspelled on the same prototypes from 2 months earlier as if JJP was going to fix the prototypes.
Hopefully this is the end of it.

Whats his goal?

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just put up my best game. I completed all the jackpot shots for Oompa Loompa.
Factory settings still.[quoted image]

Great score. Hopefully more streams came come out so i can learn more and more about the game. Would love to see some LE streams soon.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Playing this game for hours upon hours at Derek's (zaphX), I have to say this game is truly fun! Three items I want to call out:
1) The main LCD screen:
Originally, I thought there was a lot of real estate wasted, too static of an environment, and the relevant status information being displayed too small. All wasted opportunity. I was not a fan. What I have come to learn is there is so much information hidden on this screen in a subtle way that they almost become Easter eggs as you discover their value the more you play. Now that I have a better understanding of what to look for and the value the screen's information conveys, I'm liking how ingenious the thought that went into the complex UI design. I still think more can be added and details can be made larger in certain parts.
2) The sound blender:
Again, I initially called out that my perception on sound clip integration seemed sloppy and random. The more I played, the more I realized I was wrong. There is a reason various sounds do happen when they happen and I just didn't understand at first. Most sounds happen as a clue of what's going on or the mode you've entered. Just takes time to learn. Also with the stacking of multi-ball and activities, it makes more sense why the sound clips go off and are necessary. I think more can be added with the sound IP.
3) You have to play the game (and multiple times):
I can't emphasize enough, it is a different experience playing the game vs watching the stream. A lot of the issues being called out go away or become less relevant as you begin to understand the game and are in it's actual presence. The experience of the lights, sounds and physical interaction make this game magical. Watching the streams do not convey this.
Kudos has to be given to JJP for the layers of complexity, thought put into the design for this game, and the fun in discovery of the details while playing. You can not understand this until you've put many hours on this pin! They have been taking a lot of gruff and getting knit-picked for decisions on certain aspects of this game. They deserve more praise too!
I can't say it enough, WW is fun and addictive pin. Congrats to all those who took the plunge!

Great write up. This game is very fun. I just sold GOTG yesterday along with Pac-Man/Galaga & Super Pac-Man. So 7k cash ready. $2,500 more to go. Anyone need a Defender or Ms Pac-Man?

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks, glad you're enjoying the streams - we are enjoying making them!

What’s your best score? I have played it twice in a home environment and my second score was 899,000

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Thanks Zach for sharing! Scary moments like these are frustrating and out of the norm hopefully. Great tips for newer owners.
I too ordered those mods and was wondering where the best places might be to implement them! Very helpful to see visually.

When i watched his video of where he put those mods i was like, damn. Its makes a great game look even better.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

So is the hole drilled wrong? Is there a post position that could split the difference that they didn’t find in time for release?

Lloyd? Any thoughts?

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Air ball snapped camera at the base and Oompa lost a hand.
Temp hack job fix is completed . Keep playing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Send this pic to Jack or Jen to see what they will do.

#908 4 years ago

Hopefully they work out these issues before i get my LE.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Fear not. Remember, JJP delivered a bunch of machines already. Not every machine is experiencing these issue. Mine has been 100%

That’s what I’m talking about.

1 week later
#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

But potc isn’t a 10... just sayin.

Don’t make me downvote a friend!

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You know I’ve owned it. I can have my opinion. We all do. Some love it, some don’t. It’s a good game. But it isn’t a 10. For instance I know you loved playing Alien at my house over Potc, don’t even lie. Lol

#1123 4 years ago

Any LE’s in homes yet?

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

You getting in a little Wonka stream this evening? My favorite to watch.

I second that!

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

all i had to do on mine is raise back legs some to get balls to kick out[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. What a beautiful game!

#1213 4 years ago

Based on all the Stern boys, JP is going to be the best pinball ever. Do you think i should cancel my Wonka LE and get JP?

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Have you played Wonka?

Yes! Great game.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Stop posting Steve's messages. Maybe just describe info, not copy/paste.

Cool man! You're getting an LE soon, yes?
I'd be curious how JP is, though I don't know if I'd jump in that direction either. Looks fun though, and maybe deeper than the last year of Stern games.

To me the Wonkavator is worth the extra $.

#1227 4 years ago

It has big points.

581F2438-FD80-4DF3-9435-048080D01E3A (resized).jpeg581F2438-FD80-4DF3-9435-048080D01E3A (resized).jpeg
#1249 4 years ago

More LE pics please.

#1271 4 years ago

Where are all the LE photos? I thought these were shipping?

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Previous page has some.
Jeff

You would think by now 25 people would have theirs. Unless they are selling them to get JP.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyxon:

Just got mine in. Anything in particular you'd like to see?

Yes a video of someone hitting the shot for the Wonkavator, loading it with 3 pinballs and starting multiball.

#1331 4 years ago

Its alive.

9f6af198200bb90245d5c9afd10e11df534f0ecb (resized).jpg9f6af198200bb90245d5c9afd10e11df534f0ecb (resized).jpgb0f6a2fe16f4306802931b079b23b68d189199e7 (resized).jpgb0f6a2fe16f4306802931b079b23b68d189199e7 (resized).jpg
#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Where's the Wonkavator?!?

I saw this pic on FB and thought I would share. Wonkavator or not, it looks good with pinstadium and I would still buy this SE over any Stern.

#1350 4 years ago

Come on guys. Let’s talk about this wonderful game and not each other. I will go to FB for that.

#1355 4 years ago

Love, peace and Pinball. Live by the LPP rule.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Excited to be in the club! Now to figure out what the hell I'm shooting for.[quoted image]

Congrats! Looks fantastic.

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I posted this earlier, but here's pics of the blades installed on my game. Got from cointaker, also had to Dremel 1/4" of the back part off. Lifting the pf isn't an issue on my game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really good

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did it slow down on the JP2 thread?Back to bash on Wonka ?

Exactly. Lmao.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Help GamerRick, he's got real issues and nobody has responded. CE deposit BTW, just waiting to actually see the playfield.

What pins do you have?

#1686 4 years ago

Exactly. Lmao

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Darn, I hate to see this happening! What a truly unfortunate thing, Mirco has a problem and it's laying at the feet of JJP and dragging down their greatness. I don't know what to say other than I'm just sad.

Im sad for Stern as well. A friend is working on his 3rd playfield with his pin. Truly sucks.

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

According to what Robin told me, the red flags don't effect the final rating number unless you use the filters (that aren't used by default). There are a bunch of low ratings with no comments from people that are Stern fan boys. I'd speculate that they didn't want Wonka rated above their favorite game. Unfortunately that is one of the problems with the ratings. I wouldn't hold too much value in the ratings ... even though I admit I keep an eye on them and the actual comments out of curiosity. If you look at the pins that they own and the ratings they have made, you can judge for yourself if their ratings/comments hold any value to you.

Totally agree.

1 month later
#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my factory mod from mezel today. Looks amazing, nice quality. Took about 15 mins to install without directions. Such a nice touch...and it fits and looks great with my mushroom field.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that looks cool.

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Excellent! If it was that Clemson/Inmate Orange color it was going to be a hard pass.

1 week later
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

This one is absolute keeper. Shoots so smooth with hit after hit after hit of satisfying shots. It punishes you appropriately for missing them and rewards you for improving. I like the unpredictability while being a newbie LE owner. It will take a long time to figure out without reading the rules, which is how I’ve decided to tackle this one. The kids LOVE it! If Wonka is a theme that speaks to you, I doubt you’ll be disappointed...

I like the mixture of games you have. Good collection.

#2726 4 years ago

Damn the best game in 2019 just pushed itself further ahead.

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why? What did ACNC do?

ACNC fell to last place.

1 week later
#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Because there are hundreds of potential buyers holding off due to the well-known issue.

Then everyone should hold off buying EHOH! Is this a true statement?

1 week later
#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just a quick plug for Mezel's factory mod. Loving it.[quoted image]

Looks like Gene is approving your mod. Look at his left hand.

#3050 4 years ago

Correction, right hand. Lol

5 months later
#4864 4 years ago

Looking for a Wonka LE. I have a Congo & a Golden Tee Pedestal with 55 inch TV to trade towards + cash. I’m in VA and willing to travel and meet within 4 hours. PM me.

2 weeks later
#4986 4 years ago

Any Wonka LE’s for trade. PM me.

1 week later
#5029 3 years ago

I’m looking for a LE. I like the Wonkavator and to me it’s a must have. Just my thoughts.

#5036 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Thanks everyone for your opinion. I’m ready to join the Wonka Club....just gotta sell MB first!

I hear you. Just got to sell Congo and Golden Tee Pedestal and I’m in as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.