IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I am very interested in an SE and this would be my first JJP. Very excited. However in a couple of the other threads it is written about skipping the early run machines due to lack of quality. Is this truly a concern on JJP#5? Would it be silly to buy early?

I own RRWoZ #25 so it’s an early build. I’ve had a couple small things that were pretty easily managed with assistance from the wonderful people on here as well as JJP tech support (thx Lloyd!). I have ZERO doubt about a new, early issue Wonka and that is why I’ve already dropped a deposit. JJP makes amazing machines and has the support to back it up. Even if that were to fail, there are so many excellent people on pinside that are willing to help. Go for it amigo! If it speaks to you, do it.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Watched most of the stream today, and definitely gaining excitement to play, potentially own a CE...Well done!!!

“Potentially”

2 months later
#656 4 years ago

WonkaLE will sit right next to WOzRR, right where it belongs.!

4 weeks later
#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Man, I say do it. Get an SE. Beat on it a while. If it's not moving you sell it for minimal loss.

C’mon Delt. Do it man! Why not? Life’s too short. You’ve got room.

1 month later
#2424 4 years ago

As far as Jack (and crew) being a standup guy, check this out... I contacted Jen and asked if there was a poster that I could purchase and give to my daughter on her birthday back in June, while we waited for the machine to arrive. Not only does my daughter get the poster in the mail, and some JJP swag, but also a personalized video from Jack wishing my daughter a happy birthday (now I don’t do YouTube so can’t attach the video - but here’s a pic). They went way out of their way for my kids. What a class act.

Machine arrives today. Pics forthcoming...

8E789B0B-4EDD-4092-BE91-24941693875D (resized).png8E789B0B-4EDD-4092-BE91-24941693875D (resized).png
#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Prototype ?
LTG : )

Agree. Looks prototype. Plus it was back in June.

#2483 4 years ago

Yes. I was charged taxes and delivery. Next purchase, I’ll be more prudent of a buyer

#2496 4 years ago

LOL, got delayed during set up. But now have game working at version 1.09 (as shipped). Things to do include
1. updating to 1.14,
2. fixing gobstopper Subway/VUK issue (i’m hoping to just make an easy bend as many have done),
3. diagnosing and fixing the Wonkavator VUK - it is firing randomly, and wonkavator would not lock any balls even though I worked all the way to Wonkavator multi-ball.

I agree with the majority of you on here that this game is super fun, super smooth shots, A ton of stuff to do and will be a long time until I even come close to figuring it out. I love the flavor of this game!

Pics are of my favorite things that match!

7B58D171-FADE-4639-A9D0-167D037C0423 (resized).jpeg7B58D171-FADE-4639-A9D0-167D037C0423 (resized).jpeg981917E1-1C78-41DD-9861-A9BF0BDB19B2 (resized).jpeg981917E1-1C78-41DD-9861-A9BF0BDB19B2 (resized).jpeg
#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I seem to recall reading here that some (all?) LEs arrived with the Wonkavator lock function turned off in settings. Have you checked this?

Thanks for info. Appreciate the advice. I’ll look at that. The problem may be unrelated though as the wonkavator VUK just keeps firing for no reason, for instance upon start-up. In addition, when hitting the loop shot to lock the ball (after lit and prompted), ball doesn’t proceed to the lock but bypasses around the loop. This only occurs when random wonkavator VUK firing is underway. It appears the game thinks a ball is in the VUK when it’s not. Probably an easy fix. Need some time to look into it. But y’alls advice appreciated in meantime.

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

1. updating to 1.14,
2. fixing gobstopper Subway/VUK issue (i’m hoping to just make an easy bend as many have done),
3. diagnosing and fixing the Wonkavator VUK - it is firing randomly, and wonkavator would not lock any balls even though I worked all the way to Wonkavator multi-ball.

Update on NIB LE issues.
1. Completed update to 1.14
2. Have not fixed Gobstopper Subway/VUK issue yet
3. Wonkavator has two issues: a. Won’t accept balls into the VUK (when lit/prompted). b. VUK firing randomly.

Opened hood last night and had a look through. In Matrix, Elevator VUK switch will change from beige to green (inactive to active) sometimes randomly and sometimes with nudging the table. Further diagnosing whether electrical or mechanical will take me time/effort. Even though at this hobby for years, I’m still a beginner at fixing stuff. Have contacted distributor to see if can help get this brand new LE fully dialed in. Have no doubt that we will, just may take some time. Will continue to update ...

#2617 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Update on NIB LE issues.
1. Completed update to 1.14
3. Wonkavator has two issues: a. Won’t accept balls into the VUK (when lit/prompted). b. VUK firing randomly.
Opened hood last night and had a look through. In Matrix, Elevator VUK switch will change from beige to green (inactive to active) sometimes randomly and sometimes with nudging the table. Further diagnosing whether electrical or mechanical will take me time/effort. Even though at this hobby for years, I’m still a beginner at fixing stuff. Have contacted distributor to see if can help get this brand new LE fully dialed in. Have no doubt that we will, just may take some time. Will continue to update ...

Update on NIB LE issues.
2. Gobstopper Subway/VUK : Distributor to come look at this with me and fix tonight (hopefully).
3. Wonkavator seems to have fixed itself? (too early to tell). I changed location of the game from downstairs to upstairs, and re-leveled it (this means its a keeper by the way - machines that go upstairs don't come back down easily). The random firings of the Wonkavator VUK did continue upon re-start upstairs, but thereafter I now have about 10 games on it WITHOUT any Wonkavator issues. Weird. Must just be sensitive switches...?

Distributor and myself to open her up tonight and dial it in (hopefully). Will keep posting updates until all working as should be. Still loving the game, but it is definitely more fun when working properly!

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Update on NIB LE issues.

Happy to report all is well in Wonka land. Subway/VUK problem was exactly as described in previous posts, was fixed with shaving down the sleeve of the coil. Thank you all for that information!

Also, The Wonkavator is not having anymore issues. I believe Lloyd was correcting that it was probably loose wiring somewhere. Game is now firing 100%. First time purchasing through a distributor and happy I did. Even though relatively easy fixes, is nice to have someone knowledgeable helping out.

Game shoots like a dream!!!

#2637 4 years ago

Going to tackle this issue tomorrow. Probably pretty straight forward. Ball stuck on/near gobstopper hole. Will update the fix here.

722571B4-95D5-48AE-9566-DAE8618E8C78 (resized).jpeg722571B4-95D5-48AE-9566-DAE8618E8C78 (resized).jpegA8EF4BB3-927A-427A-82E2-2FD63210EAE8 (resized).jpegA8EF4BB3-927A-427A-82E2-2FD63210EAE8 (resized).jpeg
#2639 4 years ago

I love that planet of the apes response LTG!

#2693 4 years ago

Geographically amazing, but functionally as you describe...

Three examples I know of: 1. I bought a machine from overseas, didn’t pay tax on purchase date. Received a bill from the state later to pay the tax. Probably was tracked down due to customs paperwork. 2. I recently bought NIB from local CA distributor and tax was charged at time of purchase. 3. A local friend and fellow pinsider has purchased multiple machines NIB from out of state distributors and has not, to this date, been charged tax.

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’m sure I won’t be disappointed.

This one is absolute keeper. Shoots so smooth with hit after hit after hit of satisfying shots. It punishes you appropriately for missing them and rewards you for improving. I like the unpredictability while being a newbie LE owner. It will take a long time to figure out without reading the rules, which is how I’ve decided to tackle this one. The kids LOVE it! If Wonka is a theme that speaks to you, I doubt you’ll be disappointed...

#2739 4 years ago

Couple games on the 1.25 update. This game just keeps getting better and better! Super fun game. Was able to get 4 different types of multiballs, a frenzy, Oompa Loompa odyssey, other modes. Still don’t know what I’m doing but can tell that the upgrade is improving progress in the game. The kids (8 and 10) were more engaged too which is great. More call outs. It appeared there were more video clips too but unsure. 2M points. The light show: AMAZING!

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

After the 1.25 update, I feel like the slings are annoyingly overactive....lots of unnecessary extra thwacks. Anyone else notice this?

I noticed this on mine too when first got it a couple weeks ago. Took the sling rubbers of and put them back on. Fixed the shotgunning issue without having to adjust the leaf gaps.

1 week later
#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Quick question! My ball keeps getting stuck/slowed down in the rightmost left inlane (Factory light lane). I'm thinking it's the pitch of the machine as a little lean on the bottom of the machine unstucks it; it was 6 degrees upon install, I raised to about 6.3 and it got slightly better. Is anyone else seeing this issue and what angle do you have your table at? Lastly, are airballs supposed to be fairly common? I get airballs pretty routinely including ones that skip up and hit the invisiglass. Was wondering if changing the angle would help this as well.
Thanks in advance guys!

I have mine at 6.8 and it feels a little shallow still. Going to make it steeper. I think increasing your angle will fix your issues.

2 weeks later
#3130 4 years ago

Just did really well, scored over 3 million. After one ball that went really really well, did lots of things - I got a call out “CRAZY!” But it didn’t sound like it was from the movie. Anybody know where the “CRAZY” call out comes from? Is it from DI? (I’ve never played)

1 week later
#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

I want to change my flipper rubbers to blue. Any suggestions on which ones to grab? I ordered some and didn't love the colors/they seem a tad too tight of a fit.
Thanks!

I just changed mine to the Titans. Blue (not light blue). They look way better than the reds IMO.

6 months later
#5290 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I am now wondering if the LE plays "better" than the standard due to the Wonkavator mech

Probably biased because own LE and haven’t played a standard, but the locking mechanism is more than just gameplay. My kids always choose The governor on POTC so they can’t have anything plundered from them. And for similar reasons, they love it when there are one or two balls locked on the wonkavator so they can steal the multiball on their turn. I swear, it’s like the reason they play sometimes!

4 months later
#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from knightgdg:

Another option would be to install a post like Dialed-In. Wonka and Dialed-In are identical in this area of the playfield. I have lots of games on my Dialed-In and don't have any ball damage from the bare post. You could add some heat shrink tubing to the post if you have any concerns about ball damage.

Where is this site please? I need to reference it for some posts that I need in LotR. Thank you

6CC60C5A-41A1-4AB5-81E3-6C52FC294108 (resized).jpeg6CC60C5A-41A1-4AB5-81E3-6C52FC294108 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#6807 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Not sure if my seven pins counts as a larger collection, but Wonka gets played the most, even more than EHoH. For me personally, I’d say it’s an even split between EHoH and Wonka. I really like Wonka a lot. I think it gets some unfair criticism due to the crazy hype at release.

Catching up as haven’t been on here in a while. This one caught my eye. I also had a small collection. Have recently downsized due to time with other hobbies. The family and I decided to keep the 4 games most played or most enjoyed. Wonka and JJPPotC are the most played with WoZ coming in 3rd. Wonka is probably the most played but my “baby” is WoZ. Games I let go were (all games were premium top notch and/or restored to perfection with all bells and whistles) MMr, IJPA, AlienLE, and LotR.

There’s just something about this Wonka...

10 months later
#9789 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

This is my Wonka set up for sound. It’s worked well for over a year or two. Recently, the sound on the entire machine will intermittently cut out; come back on for a 10-15 seconds then cut out for a 10-15 seconds. It will keep cycling like that. If I unhook the external sub input wires, by disconnecting the alligator clips, the problem goes away (but then of course I don’t have subwoofer sound). In addition, I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen - but when I was unhooking the alligator clips while the game and the amplifier/subwoofer were on, there was enough current in the wire to spark (as I was physically removing the wire from the terminal). So right now, just playing the machine stock, and would like to hook the subwoofer back up and have it work correctly. I have tried several times and it keeps on doing it cycle on and off thing. Any advice would be appreciated!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thought I’d try this help request here as well. Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=sdpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.