Quoted from Mrawesome44:
Hey guys I got to play Willy Wonka for the first time and i have to say i walked away extremely disappointed and underwhelmed. I had been looking forward to buying one but after playing this and the playfield issues im thinking of holding off. I wanted to ask owners and people who have had more time on the game thier opinions. These are the points i left with.
1st. Game was dark like hands down the darkest jjp ive ever seen. The Upper left corner was pitch black and i couldn't see what was back there. Couldnt see the pops either. I've seen a few streams and the game was a lot brighter than this.
2nd. People say this game shoots like butter and the shots are satisfying. I didn't see it. The flippers(at least on this game) had just enough power to barely make it up the ramps. 90% of all shots couldn't make it up ramps, orbits or really anything. Just came right back and drained.
3rd. This game is a brutal drain monster. I heard what people had said and didnt think it would be too bad but boy was i wrong. That left outlane is the stuff of nightmares. Game is right up there with Ghost-busters and star wars. Played 5 games lasted barely 8 minutes
4th. I had no idea what i was supposed to do. I played 5 games and not once did i start a mode, or do anything. I came to the machine with no knowledge and left even more confused than when i started. I stuck around and watched other people play and all were just as frustrated as I was. One customer even went over to the staff and asked what she was supposed to do.
5th. I saw the pooling of the clear coat by the slings that have plauged Wonkas and it's a lot more noticeable than i thought it would be. The jurrasic park had washers on it's slings as well.
I agree with all of your comments, yet I love the game.
1. It is too dark, no question. I'm considering getting some nice Comet LEDs to brighten it up.
2. It does shoot like butter when the flippers are at full power. I played on that was weak, and it was terrible. Mine shoots great, with very strong flippers.
3. It is a drain monster. I'm not sure why the game didn't ship with the left outlane post installed. I played about 5 games before I put it in. Much better. No Brainer.
4. It is hard to figure out what to do at first. It is telling you on the screen, especially the Wonkavision screen, but it's hard to pay attention to that while you're playing. I had to print out the rule sheet, and learn. But now that I understand, it's great. The code is very deep and there are an amazing amount of things you can stack. A great challenge.
5. I do have significant pooling of clear coat. I've been in touch with JJP, I'm hoping for a remedy.
I love the game, but your points are fair.