IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

551 posts in this topic match your search for posts by romulusx. You are on page 1 of 3.
#74 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

What if it's Tim Burton's version?

?????

2 weeks later
#420 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This. People always praise JJP support, but every time I’ve needed a part, it typically takes a couple weeks for it to ship. Then a week to ship, three weeks is a long time for a game to be down.
Stern ships the next day and is usually next day air or two day.
Three days to three weeks is huge.

I think they mean JJP works with you to fix problems and free parts.What problem has shut your JJP game down for weeks?

1 month later
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Played about ten games of Wonka today at Helicon location near me put up four million.[quoted image]

Was it fun?

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Love the design. Beautiful topper!

Anybody in or close to St Louis have a Wonka playable to public?

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

There should be one Bloomington IN available any day now

But Zach, I’m going to St Louie

#564 4 years ago

Damn straight Skippy,that is badass

#650 4 years ago

Do all three versions of Wonka have PDI glass?

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmmmmmm. Well, I guess either way, what matters most is.....it's fixed!
I kinda hope to play this more this weekend. Though I'm not sure my view will flip as much as I'd like.
Though I felt the same about Pirates....

Gee I hope you like it more

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Im going to try and make it a little more steep tomorrow, see if that helps, but to me it shouldnt be that unforgiving. The ball trough is weird, it will wedge the ball in the left side, theres nothing there to stop it. Talked to gary at abel, he gave me a few things to check. Great game otherwise!

Go to Home Depot and buy a good torpedoe level and an inclinemeter.It's the only way to do this correct.
Use the inclinemeter at center halfway up and center set machine to 6.5 to 7 degrees .And then use torpedoe
level right above flippers and high up on play field. You will be happy

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

All i need is the clinometer. I have a torpedo level. It is level left to right. That is the first thing i do. As far as pitch, i set it similar to my sterns that are all set to around 6.8

Cool get incline meter and your set.More accurate.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Agreed. I'm all for a few kinks here and there on a new machine, but we're talking about removing a mech and needing to use a file and razor knife for Christ's sake!
Good thing I'm patient and willing to wait for an LE. Let the early adopters find all the flaws, report back to JJP, then JJP fixes everything before I get mine!

OMG the humanity! Charles Barkly said It"s Turrible just turrible

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I had some play again last night with my friend, and man...I feel frustrated by this game.
It feels like the pop bumpers are very reject friendly. Like 50% of the time they drain down the middle after a full plunge into the playfield. Then with the ball save engaged, the same chance seems to exist. I felt like I was able to play a ball with a full plunge, a very minimal amount of time.
When I did get the ball in play, I felt many shots would donk posts, and fire the ball back down the middle again.
I am not a good player, but at $1 per game, I felt more punished than rewarded, and am not really interested in playing again until a future freeplay event might occur.
I definitely want to watch the stream tonight, but this game's geometry feels a bit more unfriendly than the other JJP games I've played/own.

Steve Ritchie screams “Play Better”!!!

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Jesus, balls falling into the cabinet.
This should not be the case for a $8000 plus machine.

Here we go again, the dropping ball soap opera!

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Standard ball trough used on Williams games, Remakes, JJP games, etc.
Be sure your playfield is level left to right. Hasn't been an issue on other games.
LTG : )

I concur with this!

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Until they shatter your Oompa Loompa!

Your collection TZ and Wonka
That’s a hell of a contrast isn’t it?
I owned TZ years ago I loved it and then one I didn’t.Its a lot of work where as I’m assuming Wonka is just fun.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Haha! Yep. Obviously I’m a Lawlor fan and TZ was my go-to favorite pin back in college. I’ve owned it for about 13 years now and if I’m being honest, it stays broke more often than it works (that’s part of the fun though, right? Maybe?).
Wonka is a nice change of pace while still having that great PL shot geometry. It shoots great. It approachable for casual players while still feeling very deep. I got back into the hobby recently after a hiatus and my wife loved the WOZ we played at a location nearby. I was considering getting a second pin and when Wonka was announced it seemed like perfect timing.
I think it complements TZ pretty well.
For example: both games are ridiculously heavy. My body is a solid ball of pain after dragging that thing up the stairs yesterday.

lol good stuff man

#1024 4 years ago

I’m getting a SE soon.You guys that have had one for awhile tell me why I made the right choice or should I have waited for something else?

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had it installed briefly. If you have a rubber on it, the ball gets stuck. If you put it in without rubber, the help it offers is dubious.

So you left it or removed it?

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Removed it. Trying to "play better!"

Ha ha Steve Ritchie

#1063 4 years ago

Can you install a outside volume control on a SE,if if you can where to purchase

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]

Oh goody,what’s in the new code?

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can always see the change log at jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

Just goofing,Lloyd

#1148 4 years ago

Just played my Dialed In I think it’s Lawlor’s best!If You already have DI is it wise to get Wonka?

#1153 4 years ago

Thanks for input,are there players out there that have both DI & Wonka at home who could voice their opinion?Thanks

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello All,
Do you think they will sell all 5000 LE's?
Cheers!
Mike

I think the SE is so good it will cut into LE sales.
If they sell 5000 altogether that would be big fo JJP

#1211 4 years ago

Damn those pictures of the LE are beautiful,Wonka>JP hands down Wonka the winner

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Will currently SE owners that already have their machine be shipped this replacement ball trough? There is a real issue with the ball trough in the SE models.

JUP has been good about these situations,I suspect they will here too.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Anyone put in a ticket for this yet? I am thinking about doing so.

Just talk to Frank or Steve at JJP

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
Buffalo Pinball is doing a Wonka unboxing & setup right now.

Not seeing stream when does it start?

#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Hard to say as i am not sure what triggers the diverter during game play,if I had to guess maybe it diverts 1/3 of the time when it should or maybe less. I can see I have seen it do it but perhaps that was on a game where I did not get the error on turning on the game. Not every turn on of the game gives the error.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What happens when you play the game? Does it divert okay?

Are JJP games like B/W as when switches are activated within so many plays they will throw up errors

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Definitely never said that. But buyers of the SEs were clearly used as guinea pigs. No way JJP was going to have the people who were willing to pay more (LEs and CEs) be the ones to test their games out and report back.
Patience is key.

So your saying we’re pigs

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*guinea pigs
Willing to be experimented on.

Yeah I know what you meant

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh, I know. I was simply pointing out that extremely bare spot in the back.

Dude stop!

#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Isn't this a forum dedicated to talking about pinball, whether it's positive or negative?

Fu$&ing dirtbag!

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Love, peace and Pinball. Live by the LPP rule.

Sex,drugs,rock&roll !

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yes! That was one of the things that happened. Another time, it pulled the ball out of the outlane and SHOT it towards the gobstopper toy. Crazy stuff.

DI does crazy magnetic stuff I’ve seen it pull from above flippers and throw ball up thru theater

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so did JJP confirm during this recent code updates that music and effects were improved b/c I just played the latest version of wonka and it seems better but I didn't see it in the code updates
Also - the LEs are very nice looking. Still think SE is the way to go but they did a nice job with the powder and overall package.

You keep this up and you will talk yourself into buying a Wonka

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really don't think so. I played back the original Buffalo stream with Pat Lawlor playing, then one of my recent ones. I really think you guys are just realizing that playing it, the sounds work fine. Can't judge a pin by a stream

You know it sucks that Pat created this wonderful game,and they cause all this doubt and angst
over the fucking audio.Jack please rectify this area so as everyone will need a Wonka!

#1468 4 years ago

Getting closer to getting a Wonka SE.How are owners felling about your purchase at this time?has the latest code update made game even better?

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I got mine first week it was release and enjoying it very much, looks sweet in person code is great the hole family said it's there favorite pin from the collection wonka is very approachable and fun for the hole family

I usually don’t buy a game necessarily for family,but I got to say can’t wait for kids to play it!

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Just painted my hat mod red. Hat mod from Mod Couple.[quoted image]

Looks good in red!

#1498 4 years ago

Just joined the Wonka club!
Question does anyone know how to adjust main screen contrast?
Thanks

#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pull the monitor straight out (it's held in with strong magnets) and mess with the buttons on the back.

Are the buttons to adjust labeled

#1510 4 years ago

Game is on original 1.06 code planning on delta upgrade tomorrow.Is there any known issues with update?

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

The black rubber tip on the shooter rod broke today. I have around 650 plays. doh!

You wore that bitch out!

#1566 4 years ago

Hey Wonka owners!Is updating to 1.09 safe and better?

#1583 4 years ago

New owner I’m Digging it my wife is actually coming out to the garage and playing also

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The Mezel mod makes more sense to me. I don't get a tiny factory sitting next to a giant Gobstopper.

I agree the Mezel factory and tubes look good,the factory is sized better an I like to tubes

#1616 4 years ago

My Wonka has been played and looks perfect!

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Did you ever get help? Nobody here responded to you, which is unusual and frustrating I'm sure.
Seems like Wonka has even more issues than potc.. Sloppy..

Did it slow down on the JP2 thread?Back to bash on Wonka ?

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Help GamerRick, he's got real issues and nobody has responded. CE deposit BTW, just waiting to actually see the playfield.

Yeah right! Lol

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

This game is AWESOME! So many satisfying shots, and tons to do, yet easy to understand the basics.

I’m guessing a lot more coding to come,knowing Ted & crew

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

USPS Priority is available also

This is the one I choose.

#1653 4 years ago

Hey Jack,show me the CE now!

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What pins do you have?

STERNS!

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this is the cap i used on left inlane posts and out lane post[quoted image]

This worked perfect for me also

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

You're right! I got a call from Chris at lunchtime today. He will be delivering my LE tomorrow!!!

Oh happy day!

#1755 4 years ago

I’ve always received this error,it seems to me this was an issue but I can’t find in forum.Can anyone educate me on this issue.Everthing seems to be functioning properly

2C4EF7B7-09B8-45B0-B206-A0749596CAF8 (resized).jpeg2C4EF7B7-09B8-45B0-B206-A0749596CAF8 (resized).jpeg
#1757 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

EOS is end of stroke. It’s a switch that detects when a flipper is held, so it can adjust the voltage down and preserve the coil/keep it from cooking.
You should see a leaf switch somewhere near the upper right flipper, see if one of the wires came desoldered. Easy fix if so.

Quoted from zaphX:

EOS is end of stroke. It’s a switch that detects when a flipper is held, so it can adjust the voltage down and preserve the coil/keep it from cooking.
You should see a leaf switch somewhere near the upper right flipper, see if one of the wires came desoldered. Easy fix if so.

Thanks I’ll check today.Hey Zaphx
when do you suspect the next update will happpen?

#1759 4 years ago

I wasn’t implying any of that I just wondered when you might speculate it would be.

#1769 4 years ago

Does anyone know where this is in the movie?It’s also on top right of large screen during gameplay
711EBBEA-5271-4F7E-A16D-9D8C956FE435 (resized).png711EBBEA-5271-4F7E-A16D-9D8C956FE435 (resized).png

#1771 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We were re-creating some of the images/animations from the LCD (upper right)

I know,but is the image used in movie?

#1772 4 years ago

Oh by the way this will be our first mod for our SE.

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

It’s not in the movie, our design.

Cool thanks

#1791 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Totally agree.

Same here

#1803 4 years ago

Wow new 1.09 code is quite of an improvement over original code.
I only had my Wonka 9 days with original,and 3 days with new and I am hopeful his game will just keep getting better and better with each update.Had small party this weekend and everybody was loving it.I hope Ted & crew are focusing on making this one the best

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thankfully my diverter is working flawlessly. I hope they figure it out soon for you guys.

Mine too,the new code seems more aggressive with the drop and stop

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t think it’s occurring on my game, but when is the diverter supposed to come down? I know it comes down when super lock is lit. I think during Oompa Loompa odyssey, but when else so I can look for it.

I believe it diverts when you are doing the bubblegum blowing

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If the yellow flasher is flashing above the flipper, it should divert (I think) every time. That's when I notice it missing.

That’s good to know

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Yup, pretty much every game lol. Hopefully my TBL will work flawlessly

Your Big Lebowski will be flawless,We hope!

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I kind of understand the whole "call until you get a live person" schtick, but come on, it's 2019. If you plan on succeeding as a business these days, you HAVE to respond to emails. Not a good look to just ignore them.

I don’t know I kind of enjoy talking to Frank & Steve.

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Well I was called by JJP to inform me that they have LE’s ready to ship. I told them I’m holding off until they get these bugs worked out. And mentioned that I know close to a dozen aficionados who were in the same boat. Hopefully they get their act together...

Fake News!

#1883 4 years ago

Wanna bet?
Didn’t think so....

You got me Fredo!

#1891 4 years ago

Looks like JJP released a new code update today.
Several changes, including a diverter test.
This one intrigues me: "+ Added support for SE and CE toppers."
Typo maybe? Did they mean LE and CE? I was not aware of an SE topper.

Where did you see this info Sir?

#1913 4 years ago

How many points for extra ball structure?

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Can anyone confirm what the new sounds and videos are included in this code update 1.10. Is it major stuff or have you not noticed anything yet?

good question

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

They removed the info about the toppers from the patch notes... http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

Improved lamp effects?Already the best light show ever!

#1932 4 years ago

This is very much a negative. Having the ability to short plunge off the reload is great especially on a game when if a ball is autoplunged it has a 50/50 chance to go sdtm out the pops

Wow 50/50 ,I haven’t tracked it that close but yeah out of the pops SDTM sucks

#1935 4 years ago

Speak for yourself. I refuse to allow extra opportunities for the ball to to go the pops if I can help it.
They need to make the auto-plunge time a user selectable setting. The new setting is unacceptable!

Yeah the pop area needs alittle something to make it mo fair

#1945 4 years ago

Interesting! So the ball lock does not hold over during power cycle? That seems to be yet another reason why the physical Wonkavator is nothing more than a $2000 decoration.

Well now that is a totally incorrect statement,there is a few other items that the LE has that he SE dosn’t I have a SE and wish I could’ve afforded a LE

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Interesting ... and maybe why Pat left an added post in the coin box for the Wonka left out lane. Not related to the jet bumpers, but to give the option for the pretty unforgiving area left of the slings. I installed that left out lane post and it plays much better for us. It still really doesn't make it super easy over there, but my wife and I consider it more "fair" and more enjoyable with it in. I'm glad Pat gave it that option with Wonka.

Totally agree!

#1973 4 years ago

Anybody had this issue yet?

22DAC029-1F5B-4F2A-8915-9FC9A22C7CA3 (resized).jpeg22DAC029-1F5B-4F2A-8915-9FC9A22C7CA3 (resized).jpeg86F89C27-DFCA-42A9-B884-1153EAFB7957 (resized).jpeg86F89C27-DFCA-42A9-B884-1153EAFB7957 (resized).jpegDB2B2C1B-E0E3-4408-A8D2-05AFFBA63BAD (resized).jpegDB2B2C1B-E0E3-4408-A8D2-05AFFBA63BAD (resized).jpeg
#1975 4 years ago

I found the other side of spinner target ,I'll have to wait and get one from Frank Monday morning

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Zave sum room fur lator Augustus!...
Looks like he exceeded the load of what your spinner could take

I do pound the hell out of that shot I love upper flipper shots my first pin was Whirlwind

#1988 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’m running to his house probably in a few hours. I just hope it’s as simple as a connection and not a bad opto board. This is is first pin so trying to explain stuff over FaceTime can be challenging lol

Does anyone know the solution for this trough error?

#1990 4 years ago

Replacement trough optic boards.
I finally got around to installing my headphone jack / volume control and the shaker motor on my SE yesterday. Magic. I now have everything I wanted from the LE. Time to start shopping for some mods for the shooter and playfield.
The shaker is great - Wonkatania Mania slowly ramps up the rumble and by the end the whole room is shaking Wonkavator Multiball is fun too.
Also: I really cannot stand the diverter. It's not working as intended, and it's causing a casual player like me to miss out on limited opportunities to take advantage of crucial (yet limited) shots for big points or rules. They need to figure this out, pronto.

Thanks!So is the shaker motar used enough?Try practice lower right flipper to upper left flipper for more spinner shots

#1993 4 years ago

I'd call BS on this, unless you're into SMD solder work. Nearly everything on the opto boards are SMD. I reflowed all of the "through-hole" components on my opto boards and it made not a bit of difference.

The shaker motor is tastefully used. Perfect amount.
I hear what you're saying about the bottom right to upper left pass (it's needed to trigger kid multiball anyway), but that still doesn't change the fact that moving a ball through the gobstopper ramp proves to be a crap shoot as to whether or not you're going to be able to use the upper left. Not to mention, if you short-plunge for a skill shot to the saucer, the first place you're headed after you use the upper right flipper is the center ramp, which goes right to the diverter too. That's where 90% of my angst comes into play. Land a ball in the saucer, then trigger a computer award like "super spinner" for example, shoot the ball up the center ramp, watch it roll to the diverter where it should drop down to the magnet, and *dammit*, it just rolls on by.

I feel your pain, my diverted just seems to mess up when ball is moving to quick.What shaker did you use and where did you get it?

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*phew*
Glad I'm waiting this storm out. Seeing lots of unhappy customers around these parts.

Your still here,I thought you were gone playing the hell out of the Wonka you never intended to buy

#2021 4 years ago

I've had issues but I got to say the support system with Frank Steve and Lloyd have
been outstanding.They get me the parts and I go back to playing.

#2025 4 years ago

Is trough opto board repair pretty straight forward?

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Not yet! Patience, my friend. Patience

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Not yet! Patience, my friend. Patience

Right

#2076 4 years ago

Somebody help please,
When I start a game I get the locating balls notice ,and this is the error report that comes up

87EAB7AC-2B4A-437B-91A8-33B2D72F84E9 (resized).jpeg87EAB7AC-2B4A-437B-91A8-33B2D72F84E9 (resized).jpeg
#2078 4 years ago

I don’t think my issue is that I have tapped each switch on error report on matrix switch screen and get no response.When I turn the game on the shooter lane coil will continuously fire along with a few other coils and then the locating balls screen comes and you can’t start a game

#2108 4 years ago

Wonka back up and running!
Big Thanks to Zach Meny @ Flipnout Pinball

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You couldn't even play it?!?
Chipped playfields, bummer.
Diverter not working properly, that stinks.
But not being able to play AT ALL? Yikes. Good thing I'm waiting.

Not that big of a deal,I have a lot of other pins to play and it was only two days.Pinball machines are complicated pieces of machinery,shit happens but Flipnout pinball got me taking care of.You need to relax your attitude and be realistic or get a new hobby.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Would you put a sock in it? For heavens sake... We get it, you're not buying one... Cool... Would you like a pat on the back or something?
Machines fail, they just do... This isn't revolutionary or new... Or so I thought at least.
Jeff

Never mind he’s a waste of time

#2145 4 years ago

Test to Switches to Switch Matrix and then push start should show playfield

#2168 4 years ago

Is there a way to earn an extra ball by point total?

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Mine does the same at start up. with no issues

That shit freaked me out when I first got my Wonka.Dialed In does not do this

#2191 4 years ago

I’ve owned both, I feel both are similar in ways, but the overall package is more
Together on wonka imo. I’ve own all jjps. I’d never trade a wonka le for a dialed in. I’ll leave it at that.

That's a bold statement!

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I love the game. Great shots, fun code, lots to do.
My major complaint is that the feed out of the pops frequently sends it SDTM. This is all too familiar for those of us that have spent time on TWD. On TWD, fixing it was primarily an issue of getting the side to side level just right. I haven't yet figured out the exact set up for WW to avoid this issue.
Please, designers, stop repeating this design flaw.
However, I totally disagree with the criticism that there is not enough theme integration. I think the theme is all through this game. There are clips of, and references to most of the major scenes (but no inflating blueberry?). I agree, there should be accompanying audio for these clips.

Anxious for a fat code update to integrate more WONKA into this game

#2228 4 years ago

Is that Lermod’s?
Can you post a short video please?
This is high on my list along with Metal Mods factory and tube mod

#2230 4 years ago

Could you post a working link please?Ive tried numerous times do you have a you tube vid?

#2236 4 years ago

Thanks man,I don't know why I was having trouble

#2238 4 years ago

I was hoping the Lermods Wonkanator would light up the upper left playfield and my fizzie bottles.

B9EBD042-0873-416D-B4EE-A2B51080ECF8 (resized).jpegB9EBD042-0873-416D-B4EE-A2B51080ECF8 (resized).jpeg
#2279 4 years ago

I just want to say Kaneda is full of sheite Wonka is a bad ass game!

#2290 4 years ago

What was added or changed with 1.14?

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I understand you don't "GAF", but I'm just wondering if he was being rude, or if it's just another attempt to look away at the issues surrounding this game. If we continue to ignore these things, then it's just going to keep happening. I for one am not a big fan of paying close to five figures for machines that aren't thoroughly inspected before being thrown into a box and shipped out.

I don’t think Kaneda is sincere about his quality concerns,as much as he cares about seeming like a crusader for all of us.
We understand your position on JJP quality issues already you’ve made this perfectly clear

#2300 4 years ago

Hi Kevin can you comment on noticible changes in 1.14 code?

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Same question from me...
Jeff

Did the last update help slow down drains from the pops?

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

They definitely did what they could to minimize usage of a truly awful movie, and I commend them for that. Creepy, ugly and disturbing come to mind. A terrible adaptation of a wonderful book. Unfortunately when the game starts playing is it raining is it pouring I feel the need to grab a rusty toothpick and gouge my eardrums out. But other than that it's usually bearable.
That being said, great layout, great shots, amazing sound fx, nice ruleset make up for it. But holy hell, when will the revisionist nostalgia-fest stop.

Are you even an American?
Do you still have that rusty toothpick handy?

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Considering the movie is just about as German as it gets (soulless, mechanical, boring). And based on a book by a British author, not sure why this matters.
I'm sorry I don't like Wonka as a child serial killer/slave owner. Really insulting to Dahl imo.

Wow man seriously you got to be kidding me.The pin is based on movie with Gene Wilder.All of a sudden it’s about slavery and child serial killers.I’m guessing your 30 or younger,that turn everything into racism

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Any opinion I don't like = troll!

Lol cuz a guy who runs a factory where he murders children along with keeping little people as slaves is totally not that at all. Gene Wilder was overrated at best. Great guy in person, great soul. But he was a mediocre actor, and his portrayal of Wonka was just not good, sorry.
and I'm guessing you're dumb cuz you live in Indiana...

Now you done did it I proudly state where I'm from I see you don't
are you ashamed of where your from asshole!

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I didn't call YOU a troll. I called the person I was replying to (a member for only a few months who owns NO machines and has made about 25 mostly negative posts) a troll, and you jumped right on that grenade. Do you have a persecution complex or something?
When my Wonka arrived, the tilt bobber wire was a little bent. I bent it back. It works fine now. I didn't need a legion of people who don't own the machine to start throwing conniption fits on my behalf.

Oh hell that was me calling him a troll!Just take a look at all of his and jwest's post.
Their both trolls and come here to feed!

#2417 4 years ago

Damn I can now afford the Wonka Limited Edition

B8209933-820E-40C3-91AF-76D52E35C120 (resized).jpegB8209933-820E-40C3-91AF-76D52E35C120 (resized).jpeg
#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Will not buy, look at that letter H

Ah man damn it!

#2498 4 years ago

Any chance JJP may switch to a different supplier for the CE? Or will we keep having to switch the boards until the warranty runs out?

You won't have to switch anything on your phantom pinball machine!

#2507 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm the number of balls you are supposed to get in each type of multiball again? I'm worried about whether or not my trough boards might be malfunctioning again.
Slugworth is how many? 2? 3?
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

Slugworth has 2 multiball

#2516 4 years ago

Neither will anyone else including you!

My SE is fo real!I play everyday and sometimes all night!Don’t be
hating cause you ain’t got one bro!

#2519 4 years ago

You said “phantom” genius....

Sad man go away

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a real shame the playfield issues came about on potc and carried over to wonka. Wonka is a amazing pin ... probably one the best/ most fun shooting pins I've owned/played. Also the theme and code are really good allready and not to forget probably the some of the best lightshows ever .... its just dazzling and i just sit and stare at it sometimes lol. Also the le is simply gorgeous and a beautiful piece of furniture. Its a shame a lot of this is being overshadowed by the pooling around post. I bought a heavily modded low play le that had some pooling but i flattened it out and put nylon and rubber washers down and I'm playing the hell out of it and i believe it will b totally fine in the long run. What a awesome pinball experience.

You are 100% correct ole wise one!

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok thanks.. i need to ajust mine as its kicking low... i messed it up when i had the game apart to add washers under the posts.

What kind of washers did you use?

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

What part of the movie does this mod reference? The white machine thing and red tubing look familiar but I don't remember from what. This mod and the mushroom grassy knoll mod look nice.

At the top right of animated screen,it's upside down

#2576 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yea i was thinking a wooden leg and a pirate boot for pirates of the caribbean.
There are loads of things to improve. If there were real modders in pinball, why isnt there optional game play mode for kids playing wonka?
Where the heck are the hackers of pinball?
Assets?
Download this filé.
If the Beatles were a computer game, does anybody really think 2 years after release, customers would complain about only eight songs and they only play for a minute or so?
There is so much to do and improve, it's crazy, but Apparently this community is only able to produced lollypop stickers for the flippers.
It's sad, it Could be so much more and way cooler.

You best be getting busy cowboy!

#2582 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I know it's a fun game, I was one of the first to play it at MGC.
I also don't think it's crazy for people to expect a premium product when they are paying premium prices. If all we do is continue to defend shoddy manufacturing, the problems will continue to exist.

Alright we got it already enough of this shit.

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Come on ... this is a club thread can you all take it to pm please.

Yeah let’s step outside Bitches!

#2602 4 years ago

As much as some would prefer that the many “issues” with this game be considered “normal” and insignificant, the fact is that the CE is being delayed as JJP attempts to correct them for that version (and perhaps any subsequent SE & LE production runs).
That tells me these issues are the opposite of normal & insignificant.

No this just shows a company trying to correct the mistake one of its vendors caused.It’s unfortunate that because of manufacturing changes both JJP and Stern are taking a hit.We don’t need you to teach or correct anything it’s being corrected.Maybe you and Kaneda can get together and have a nice little circle????

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I got a Golden Ticket and joined the club
Picked up a Wonka LE yesterday morning[quoted image]

Congratulations

#2646 4 years ago

I played Wonka for a week before I realized there was a right loop shot.I was nailing the spinner on a regular basis,I now know it’s right above the spinner Right?

#2649 4 years ago

Mezal’s Factory & tubes mod is a must!

289F0070-FA24-4DE7-80C5-18BEDE870B1F (resized).jpeg289F0070-FA24-4DE7-80C5-18BEDE870B1F (resized).jpeg904491FB-D9EE-4E0A-A876-82C4F0502DE7 (resized).jpeg904491FB-D9EE-4E0A-A876-82C4F0502DE7 (resized).jpegA355C0E0-A19D-4843-AE66-03DA0AAB3ECE (resized).jpegA355C0E0-A19D-4843-AE66-03DA0AAB3ECE (resized).jpeg
#2665 4 years ago

It seems to me,the left to right
level would make the biggest difference.Mine is level between flippers and up as high as I can with a torpedo level.I sdtm about 2 out of 10 times

#2673 4 years ago

Looks too cheap & tacky in person. I’d stay with the LE’s factory sparkle blue.

Shut the fuck up,nobody cares what you think here.

2 weeks later
#2802 4 years ago

I know to hit ramps to rack up Wonka bars.Also at times hitting the spinner racks up
multible Wonka bars,but Im not sure how to qualify spinner to do this

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

If price sensitivity is at all an issue (ie: you are a normal person), buy an SE and throw in a shaker motor for an extra $150. You will not regret it.

I have a SE when is the shaker used and is it used enough to warrant price

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed Mezel mod's factory mod and loving it. Had some complications with the install but Kristin was very responsive to help and sent out a replacement piece without charge. Thanks tmezel[quoted image]

Did you break the clear pipe?

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I broke the red danger pipe trying to fit it around the wire form. It's a very tight fit.

I hear you,you have to start it low and then slide it up.I almost did the same

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Other account"?!?
What size tinfoil hat are you wearing right now?

No tin foil at all freakyguy666

#2830 4 years ago

I was not ejected freakygay666!

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lots of magnet action ..trust me.. especially on the newest code

Have you seen CE in person?

#2858 4 years ago

I'm glad they didn't put Willy Wonka on the topper, his mug is already in enough spots.

Wonkatania in a bottle?

#2887 4 years ago

Based on what evidence?
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

I believe there was a line shut down.I assumed it was to rectify playfield issues.Can’t confirm correction but I’m pretty sure line was shut down for awhile
Also assumed they weren’t going to run CE’s until a correction was made.

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Enjoy your LE! It's a great pin.

Hell yeah even the SE modded is badass!

#2907 4 years ago

If this game doesn’t win best light show of the year I would be surprised

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It really is phenomenal... I'm wondering does woz and Wonka use slightly different light board set ups? While all jjp insert light shows are awesome ..wonka and woz do much more effects than the other titles. Or is it just come down to coding?

I heard Keefer say somewhere that they took Wonka to the next level so I assume it’s coding

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

In my case using room lights (specifically a light directly overhead) to light up WW causes the optos to go crazy.
The back of the SE is very dark and needed additional lighting IMHO. The family is much happier with it lit back there to see where the loops are heading.

This I agree with.They should have done something with the upper left area after removing Wonkavator
I’m installing lighting this weekend
that coordinates with program lighting

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Let me know which system you went with and how it turns out. This is one of the first things I want to do with mine. The only other real mod I've installed is the hookedonpinball gobstopper plunger/ plate combo (which is great).

I’ll be installing the Hookedonpinball light mod

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Anyone else think it would be cool if they added some animations or clips for Willy Wonka?
Specifically to extra ball/gobstopper locks?
Similar to TZ, there are 3 different animations for each extra ball.
Or instead of the same 3 movie clips for the first 2 locks and multiball start.
They could have 3 different gobstopper movie clips for the second go around of locks and multiball start.
Slight variation couldn’t hurt, right?

Sounds good to me,maybe the people at the JJP seminar can ask a few ? all the programming team will be there

#2929 4 years ago

A pause in production is typical when transitioning from one edition to another.
If playfields were, in fact, corrected, this would have been confirmed by JJP.
Unfortunately, there is nothing to support that notion rn.

I support my notion!

#2930 4 years ago

Is anyone streaming JJP’s seminar at 8 pm tonight

#2953 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Let me know which system you went with and how it turns out. This is one of the first things I want to do with mine. The only other real mod I've installed is the hookedonpinball gobstopper plunger/ plate combo (which is great).

Will I successfully installed the Hookedonpinball RGB backboard light mod.It's my first backboard
light install and Robert answered the few questions that I had,because I wanted to get it right the
first time.Anyway it's very easy install and the results are what I wanted,definitely have plenty of
light on upper,left playfield.Now I've address this issue and the factory divertor next will be the
Wonkavator by Lermods

#3007 4 years ago

How many CE’s would you guess they’re making?When they’re done with CE’s are they going back to SE’s?

#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

from what i understand, ALL 500 CE are going to be built at one time. When they are done with CE's they will be going back to LE/SE mixes.

Wow all 500,that's kind of a pleasant surprise,I guess I thought the delay and playfield issues
would put a damper on production.I'm waiting for the new SE's to start rolling out.Thanks for info

#3042 4 years ago

Damn that’s scary,good luck to all Californians

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill have to try threw my pc or tv.... but it will not work on my phone. Very odd

I had the same problem,but worked fine on my Ipad and tv

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I see that some ledboards has empty "spotlight" connectors.
Is it possible to plug some extra spotlights in these boards?
I would like to ad 2 extra spotlights to light up the middle playfield.

I guess I cut my teeth on incandescent older machines.
Wonka SE with the backboard light mod seems plenty lot to me.
With the backboard lighting and the Mezal Mods factory divertor mod I feel like my SE is what it should be,the only other thing I’m thinking of doing is the Lermods Wonkavator.Waiting for Black Friday for discount. Hint Hint

#3100 4 years ago

Watching Bonanza in garage and saw this on an episode called Goldfinder!Looks like a Wonka kinda thing

30BCC69F-89CD-47DB-B9AB-A5C49C1B977D (resized).jpeg30BCC69F-89CD-47DB-B9AB-A5C49C1B977D (resized).jpegE9AF18C1-8C1C-4078-BA4B-1F90F1ED8C1D (resized).jpegE9AF18C1-8C1C-4078-BA4B-1F90F1ED8C1D (resized).jpeg
#3104 4 years ago

I have a Wonka SE,is it worth a $150 to install a PL shaker motor?
Does it make much difference?I'm trying to decide between this or
a $150 Wonkavator

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I added a PL shaker to my Wonka SE - I think it's great and wouldn't want to have Wonka without it. Easy thumbs up here.

Thank you sir! I try to get bang for the buck where I can

#3118 4 years ago

I believe the adjustment pots are on back of monitor,just pivot screen and look on back I believe

#3124 4 years ago

Ordering from Ball Baron soon,I was thinking I would use Ninja in my Wonka and carbon balls in Dialed In What say you guys?

#3126 4 years ago

That’s what I was thinking but it seems like that magnets are so much stronger on DI I thought ninjas would work with Wonka

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Custom Wonka Topper! Made my own topper using a Wonka slot topper I bought off of eBay, I had to retrofit it so it won’t fall on top and hit the glass! I think it came out beautiful and it’s just right for this game. Not too much glare and the brightness is perfect. It changes colors and does all kinds of patterns.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeeeeeet!

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Just did really well, scored over 3 million. After one ball that went really really well, did lots of things - I got a call out “CRAZY!” But it didn’t sound like it was from the movie. Anybody know where the “CRAZY” call out comes from? Is it from DI? (I’ve never played)

Yes it's used in Dialed In for Crazy Bob awards

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If, after it takes so long to boot, you could mail me a log dump, that would be appreciated.

Having the same problem,long boot up

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

For what it's worth, I was also experiencing a super slow boot (but I didn't realize it until it was mentioned here). I did the 1.31 update today, which was the first full update I've done on my machine and my boot time is greatly improved.

Thanks

#3202 4 years ago

I’m sure this has been covered here at some point,but I could not find it.Two question about my Wonka SE.There is a loud hum coming from speakers or computer
Also I installed a Pinball Zlife shaker motor, is there a way to change intensity in settings?
Thank you

#3205 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - 5th one down. Shaker Strength.

Thanks Lloyd where exactly do you plug the isolator into?

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In manual shows it. Page D-106 and D-107 Audio 1 Audio Output.
You can download the Dialed In manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In.
Unplug existing wire, plug in isolator, plug the wire you unplugged into the isolator.

Thank you sir

#3209 4 years ago

Well I got to say,you guys were right about shaker motor.Setting were in normal and I thought this is ok,but then I set it on high and it rocks.Love it especially on Wonkatania

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Shout out to Harry Houdini. His pop cancelling mod is absolutely a must IMHO

Pop canceling mod?

#3216 4 years ago

Setting-coils
-shaker 5th one down shaker

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

That annoying pop you hear when you turn the game on.

Where do you get this?

#3219 4 years ago

Thanks another mod this game needs is a Polk 10” sub,huge difference in sound quality.
It’s odd because I never felt I needed it on Dialed In

#3227 4 years ago

What do you guys have extra ball score set at and how do you change this in menu?

#3230 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

None.. i like stock settings it gives you enough extra balls during gameplay imo.

Just how is the points for extra ball set up?Ive look at screen at times and not seen it.I agree with you on stock settings, but I would still like to find it in settings

#3231 4 years ago

Just checking out goodie bags on my SE and was wondering where this magnetic Slugworth goes?
I assuming the other pieces are key plastics

D3DDBA75-4234-4314-9E90-F648804DF9D9 (resized).jpegD3DDBA75-4234-4314-9E90-F648804DF9D9 (resized).jpeg
#3233 4 years ago

Thanks,anybody else who has a Wonka dated 10/30 or later,how’s the clearcoat looking?Mine looks perfect totally different appearance then my first SE

#3252 4 years ago

A big shout out to Zach at Flipnout pinball for his Herculean effort in helping me get a
Wonka SE that works perfectly!Flipnout stayed with it until issues were resolved.

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Settings...system settings.... Scroll down a bit to sound
Enjoy

How do you adjust scores for extra balls?

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’m pretty sure that decal is used to cover up the Selfie camera below the display screen. I recall Dialed In! Coming with a decal like this for that purpose.

That makes sense

#3269 4 years ago

I’m holding out for a Wonkatania
topper!Lets get the design team who did MMR Royal to make one for us

#3272 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I'm not sure there is an option for that. If there is, I have not come across it. Sorry, I'm no help on this one.

That’s cool,I’m a new owner.It seems like I’m starting to get better,but this games a beast to push forward.I know a lot of times it will light extra ball on ball 3 but I can’t figure out what triggers it.
This game it’s different then any game I’ve owned.

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

This page was really helpful to me when it comes to understanding the ruleset: http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

Thanks I need that!

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks for posting this info. You would think that there would be a service bulletin about it if it is a common issue that could turn out as big as it did for you. Or maybe it was just some isolated cases. I'll check my pin tonight.

I think the clearcoat issues have probably dominated their time,but
I think they’ve come up with a resolution

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where / how'd you score this?

I think it's a modified slut machine topper
Dude I see that Big Lebowski over there,me so jealous!

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Nevermind the topper, where do you get a slut machine? That's what I want...

Haha I want one too!

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I’m in on a Willy Wonka CE, Zach at Flip N Out hooked me up!

Zach’s a good dude to work with
good choice of games too!

#3297 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grab with your index fingers inside the rubber and give it a few hard tugs.

That’s what she said

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing to be sorry for. Always better to ask and learn. Especially when resources like Pinside can help you because others have already learned ways to do things.
And as you learn, someday you can help others with the knowledge you've gained.
And that more than anything else. Makes pinball great.

Right on brother!

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I love the lighting and dont really have any issues following the ball in the dark. However i cld see some people having a issue.. i wld just add spots to the sling area.. that's the only really dark area. This is the issue with all rgb lighting as it makes it kinda dark depending on colors. But potc has a ton of spot lights which is y its ok

The SE really suffers in the upper left playfield,it’s like they removed the Wonkavator and forgot to replace lighting that was part of Wonkavator.I fixed that and added a shaker from PInball Life

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well they didn't forget.. the wonkavator mech has like 9-10 lights in it.

I’m guessing the LE has pretty decent lighting in the upper left area?But,I’m saying when they remove it there should have been adjustments.

#3315 4 years ago

This is for the Wonka crew at JJP
The game is awesome in every way,except the drains that happen right out of pops.Is there anyway to compensate this either mechanical or software with the magnets?Can’t wait for next title!

#3317 4 years ago

TILT ain’t just a failed 90s rockband!

Oh,that helps?

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Interesting, I've heard this as a common complaint .I played various models at Expo and either it was set up so it didn't or I didn't notice it.

My pin is set up properly.

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fiction, complete fiction... That's all that person knows how to do... I would love to know whatever JJP did to that poster... I'd also love to know why they're continually allowed to post in any JJP thread...
Jeff

He's just a little punk ,with a keyboard.He would never talk the shit he talks face
to face with real men.

#3355 4 years ago

Why the hell did they not use the sound clip You lose,Good day sir
when you tilt?

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Spoiler: That clip, synced with the video from the scene, plays when you drain on Wonka's Office mode. It's worth the wait.

Hell I forgot that,of course I've only been there twice

#3371 4 years ago

Wonkavator is definitely a must have,the Lermods prop turns and is activated by super lock insert light.It activates a lot more then I thought it would.They don’t include a spotlight because it has light in mod.I lit up upper left playfield with Hookedonpinball’s light strip mod,it is tied into cpu so it changes color with field,not just randomly

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

... ... a interactive Wonkavator topper would be cool for LE people ... just thinking while typing ...

An interactive Wonkatania would be awesome too!

#3376 4 years ago

Lermods Wonkavator is a necessity if you have a SE with all the space up there.

2FDB037A-15EA-44AE-8C34-BB801321F224 (resized).jpeg2FDB037A-15EA-44AE-8C34-BB801321F224 (resized).jpeg54DC11D4-8748-437C-81FC-B43B2FD30884 (resized).jpeg54DC11D4-8748-437C-81FC-B43B2FD30884 (resized).jpeg
#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its dam good pin.. also I went back and been playing my dile some also..and it's just as amazing. I'm so glad pat signed on to jjp as these are 2 of my favorite pins ever. I'm thinking toy s will b another amazing pin from my favorite duo... jjp and pat l.

Can’t wait for Toy Story!
I do hope it’s story driven with cool modes and multi balls.So much material to work with,seems it would be difficult to narrow down

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Congrats on the CE purchase. MY #40 will be coming Monday.
Likely, the game settings changed to only award points for the extra ball.

Now that would piss me off!Its hard enough to light extra ball on Wonka,still haven’t figured out what triggers extra balls?

#3421 4 years ago

I finally broke the 5 million mark!
I “ got a super jackpot on Oompa Loompa multiball,I always get the first extra ball usually on ball three by the way.What I want to know is where are all the extra balls on this game?I’ve gotten the special extra ball once or twice randomly
I need to know how to get more extras to get better!

#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ones I know about:
1. Hitting all the (dangerous) standups
2. Computer award
3. Captive ball mystery award

I didn’t know about the stand ups extra ball how does that qualify?
Did you get your CE yet?I have to admit I’m actually jealous that artwork is beautiful on the CE

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Candy targets - Three small standup targets are located around the playfield. One is located between the left lane and left orbit, one is located between the center ramp and right orbit, and one is located to the left of the right ramp. Hitting these standup targets enough times will light the Extra Ball and progress towards other features. The lower left and right targets are particularly dangerous to shoot head on, sometimes resulting in a quick center drain. (Most of these aren’t worth going for - make them more valuable!)

Doing you know how many times?
And I have to accept the fact that extra balls are not score related.I liked that about Dialed In.Nothing more dramatic to be so close and than sdtm

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I think the default is 3 completions to light EB, and it's adjustable in the settings.

Thank you sir,I’m going to the garage for some target practice

#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

can a wonkavator ball lock be added to a standard game?

I thought of this when I started modding my SE,if someone wants to speculate feel free

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

A little late but funny as hell...[quoted image]

No shit! My son was 8 and says to me he looks fine now what the heck was he laying around for?

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Would you swap an Iron Maiden LE for a Wonka LE? I'm considering doing just that. Interested to know the thoughts of other Wonka owners. Hope this question is allowable in this thread.

I have a buddy who has Iron Maiden and he loves my Wonka SE
They are both great shooters with 4 flippers and lots of shots.Wonka is better for me better light light show ,sound and theme

#3456 4 years ago

I know I’m repeating myself but is anyone working on a Wonkatania topper?I think I’ve completed my SE so I just need to crown it!

#3459 4 years ago

Sweet,and I really like the backglass lighting I wish JJP would just add at factory

#3462 4 years ago

Oops we’ll at least I can tell everyone how great your Wonkvator is!

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Return it, clearly a piece of junk!
Just kidding. It's actually a pretty thoughtful design... it fits a USB stick so you can update code without having to open the backbox up. Enjoy

Pretty soon it will go wi fi right?

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Gumby510. Your wonka ce is clearly a lemon.. your best bet is to trade me straight up for my very well playing and very well modded le. Let me know.. thanks

The CE is sweet I have pin envy!

#3475 4 years ago

Wonka is the fun that just keeps coming!Its just very addictive and super challenging.
JJP's feel solid and I love the large monitors

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka by a mile, easy. And I do own both. (My Star Wars is the original though.)

I know Star Wars comic version looks better,but gameplay is the same?

#3482 4 years ago

Oh crap check this out!I was actually sweating!My high score was 4.2 mil

935FD663-A96E-40A4-88AF-F8D68A22E15C (resized).jpeg935FD663-A96E-40A4-88AF-F8D68A22E15C (resized).jpegC381BB4E-8AD8-4B2D-86CE-44F9C14B16FD (resized).jpegC381BB4E-8AD8-4B2D-86CE-44F9C14B16FD (resized).jpeg
#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Holy crap... Did you get all 5 golden tickets?
Jeff

No I think I got three including factory for first time.I focused on setting up multiballs Wonka ball counts and captive ball increasers

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Nice job! I’ve only received 2 golden tickets so far. I use that same strategy

Thanks I got in the zone for alittle while

#3488 4 years ago

Wonka is 6.7• all factory settings
and your right it got pretty intense
That was only my third time at Wonkas office,if you slow it down that bonus is easy to win.The first time I was kind of busy lookin around

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The sounds and everything else is actually very good and I have no issue with it at all.

I’m fine with game as is but it would be cool if that could add something like they did with Dialed In

#3495 4 years ago

I usually do it the old fashion way and call Steve Llyod or new guy James

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Keep trying Steve then.

Try James he answers

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is he new ? Chicago or NJ ?

I believe James is Jersey

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Give Steve a call. I don't know if it can be loose or tightened.

Sounds like there slack in the large threading at that point?

#3520 4 years ago

Looks like Santa is dropping off Wonka pins all around the globe!

#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

did you made it yourself or did you bought this as a complete mod?

I’d like to know also.

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Out of curiosity, has anyone that put in the claim for the clearcoat pooling received a replacement playfield?

I’m pretty sure replacement playfields were sent out per earlier threads

#3537 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hmm. Interesting. I put in a ticket months ago and was approved but never got it

I would call a lot until I got it

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

My pooling isnt as bad as most, but i would like to have it. I texted my distributor, awaiting a response

Squeaky wheel gets the grease

#3543 4 years ago

Any new code information coming for Wonka?I heard someone who can't be named say there was
hidden candy codes in game,any truth to this?

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Didn't quite get to post any pictures, so far the game is a hit in the house[quoted image][quoted image]

How would you compare your Wonka to the Stern JP sitting next to it?

#3550 4 years ago

I played SternJP at Tappers in Indianapolis,free plug for Bud.
Anyway I dropped 5 bucks real quick and seemed like a lot of fun.
I’m thinking maybe in the near future if I can find one with a good playfield

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Not exactly .... I just got a JP pro with the new playfield and it got a massive chip on game 15 UGH!
As for the compare JP to Wonka, its apples to oranges. They play so differently and both are really a lot of fun. I think if I had a choice to only keep one, it would be Wonka.

Sorry about the chip on the JP playfield.I remember when I saw the pooling and chip on my
first Wonka SE I felt sick over it.I felt I was being punished for breaking my rule of ever buying too
quickly.Fortunely my distro stepped up and replaced with a second run Wonka

#3557 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Not to derail the Wonka thread, but here's the pic. To keep with the theme of Wonka, I have not had any playfield chipping on my LE. There is some pooling but the playfield has held up so far with quite a few hundred games on it. I totally stink at the game as my high score is only 4.1M[quoted image]

4.1 is not a bad score try to rack up more Wonka bars and get those extra balls as soon as you see them pop up!

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Topper has a animated waterfall effect. ..hmm I'd like to see that ...

There’s a short video on the site shown above basically accomplished with led’s

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I cant seem to find that? Is it like wh20 in any way?

Click where it says waterfall in blue letters

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Man your fast.. I erased my post but u allready quoted it lol.. .I saw it.. thanks

Let us know what’s new I’m guessing it has to do with upcoming wifi

#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wish they would have done it like wh2o.

Chocolate Waterfall!

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

As a CE owner, I’m quite a bit pissed at this new topper for SE/LE... THIS is what should have been on the CE, what is JJP thinking...???? IMHO, JJP should be shipping one of these to every CE buyer at no charge.
Jeff

Quoted from jeffro01:

As a CE owner, I’m quite a bit pissed at this new topper for SE/LE... THIS is what should have been on the CE, what is JJP thinking...???? IMHO, JJP should be shipping one of these to every CE buyer at no charge.
Jeff

Maybe a trade is in order

#3580 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Silly question perhaps but where are the play field magnets (minus the one I can see below the diverter) and in what modes are they active?
Thanks,
Jeff

There’s three on middle of playfield where the cool little eraser size lights are,you light em up and they will flash when active.Dont expect Addams Family or Dialed In type movement

#3596 4 years ago

Never mind found it

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Ha, maybe licensed use of Gene Wilder's image was really expensive and JJP wants to get a lot of mileage out of it! Also, I just have the SE and there is no Gene Wilder on the back glass so maybe it would not be so redundant on mine.

I also have a SE and would love to have that topper,if anybody wants to get me a Christmas present?

1 week later
#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I really like how the purple looks. I swapped out the standard rubbers on the flippers and slingshots for purple silicone rubbers and I like the synergy with the rest of the color scheme. I think it would have been a more appropriate choice than the red and blue for the CE/LE, but that's just my opinion. Good job!

I hear you,the purple is badass!
Put some candy pieces on the lockdown barn.

#3701 4 years ago

I love the side armor!

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

delt31 - have you played a CE game with the female (Veruca Salt) call outs? Just curious if that is better for you for "the announcer".

Wow didn't realize Veruca Salt character did that much,just figured a couple shout outs here and there

#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't recall exactly but yes, looks great. Previous owner also took additional preventative measures. Ultimately I wouldn't have that as the only thing to sideline you if you're interested in this game.

My Oct30 build date was fine,no playfield issues

#3764 4 years ago

Also in regards to toning down difficulty, does everyone have the post installed in the outer left lane? I've left mine off the entire time and after hundreds of games I've only been able to get 2.5Mil and 2 golden tickets.

I don’t and most pinheads don’t consider this cheating!This is a tough game to beat but it’s righteous when you have a great game.Rack up those Wonka bars and keep nailing the captive ball
High score 13435000

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
551 posts in this topic match your search for posts by romulusx. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.