IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, there really isn’t much to say until the games hit the bricks. Maybe when the CE details get revealed that will spark some chatter.
I have to say, Stern has this right with the reveal and ship being super close together. It’s best to give people the chance to buy when you have their excitement at the highest level.
A friend in the car business says “time kills all car deals” and I have to wonder if time also kills pin purchases. Not that I am out personally - still in on my CE - but the more time there is between reveal and ship, the more chance for people to change their mind, take interest in a different pin, have life/job circumstances change, etc.

There is no doubt time kills many deals for JJP....the fact that JJP can't ship weeks after reveal is a big problem for them....one that is a bit mind blowing to be honest....its the one reason Stern has so much success...they reveal and ship Pros almost immediately....

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's true, and I do think it is an issue not to be able to deliver more quickly, but Stern games at release are pretty much never close to being finished from a code perspective and the games are not nearly as technically difficult to build. JJP games tend to be much further along in code at release and are much more complex to build.

very true on the code issue, but I really don't think thats a big issue nor do I think thats the reason they don't deliver in a timely manner....JJP has a great reputation for finishing code (unlike Stern) so I don't think the market would care about buying a game with unfinished code (I know I wouldn't)....I realize their games are more complex, but they've had years to figure out their manufacturing problems. I'm thinking its probably a cash flow issue as their not willing to front the $ to deliver quickly?

1 month later
#491 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was just asked by my distributor to pay the remainder now, with games shipping in 2-4 weeks (but not guaranteed). This is a new policy by JJP to guarantee distributors don't cancel game orders.
curious if anyone else is being asked to pay now upfront before receiving their game?

I would make final payment when the game is either on the line or is ready to ship....4+ weeks is ridiculous...its a very frustrating process waiting weeks if not months after paying in full for a game...I've seen this movie several times, which is why I'll just wait until distributors have the game in stock ready to ship.

2 months later
#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

One of the big mysteries for this game has to be trying to understand why they removed “big points” from the final version of the game. Below is a side by side comparison of a prototype and LN the right is an LE final version.
[quoted image]
I had a friend make this custom sticker. $5 shipped if you want one. Perfect? No. Helluva lot better than the big empty clear insert? 100%![quoted image]

kinda crazy they eliminated that decal....almost looks like a screw up

#1851 4 years ago

I wonder what kind of QA/QC JJP performs before shipping theses machines? Do they even turn them on?

2 weeks later
#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, they didn't.
It's exactly the same in 1.13 as it was in 1.07 or whatever it shipped with.
Compare this from July 3 to current:

Nice work !

10 months later
#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Ah, you should have got the Pinstadium Omegas! Those have the diffusers on them which stop the reflections that you can see on your game.
I bought these protectors from Pinball Life that are good to keep the playfield from damaging the side art (I have mirror blades on mine) when you raise it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

These are a must have if u have side art.....they do help, but on really tight play fields its a struggle keeping the art work pristine

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Although, I messed up one side the first time, I didn't have much trouble installing the blades. It's my first pin, but I installed them very similar to arcade game side art and they went on just fine. It just takes a little planning and care. I also bought and used the blade protectors. They are a lifesaver and actually assist nicely with the install.

I installed the Omegas as well and love them. Almost no noticeable reflection at all. I had no interest in the colored lights and just wanted a softer, more subtle affect on the playfield and the Omegas do that superbly. In fact, mine are only set at 20% brightness.

Your videos are awesome....well done

#5621 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question... what exactly is the point of covering the machines like that?

my guess is to keep dust off the glass

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Here comes another example with the factory upgrade instead of the factory building on the left side.[quoted image]

Looks nice

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone with the tilt topper know where it plugs into? No instructions unfortunately. I’m guessing somewhere in the backbox? Thanks in advance.

My JJP topper plugged into he back box....I assume the tilt topper is 12V ... There should be a 12V tap in the back box

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I really wish someone else would make a good topper for this....

The JJP Wonka topper is pretty nice.....they sell it on their website....its not your standard crappy JJP topper

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea but ive heard numerous times its overly bright and there is no way to dim it.

I have one installed on my LE....yea its bright, but not overly bright....its actually well made and looks great.....

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a trade for a Willy wonka SE for my stranger things pro. I’ve never owned a JJ pinball machine. Heck, my stranger things pin is only my 2nd machine ever owned. Anything I should know about or be aware of ? I absolutely fell in love with this game when I played it last year at a pinball show. I love the theme. WW is one of my all time favorite movies. I love jersey jack pins and have always wanted to own one.

If thats a straight up trade...u WIN The only thing to know is they weigh a lot more than Stern games ! other than that its just another pinball machine

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah I’m gonna have my neighbor help me load it in when I get it back. And no it’s not a straight up trade. I’ll have to fork over some cash, which is fine. But I’m just worried about load in.

With two able bodied people u should be fine....compared to WOZ, POTC, and Hobbit its pretty light

#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If im not mistaken, Wonka is about the same weight as WOZ. I was surprised by this when I was looking at buying Wonka.

Really? Thats a surprise as WOZ and Hobbit are beasts to move....maybe it just seems that way because their wide bodies?

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was shocked when I found the weight of Wonka. I asked how it could be as much as WOZ since it is a wide body.. The reply that I received was that "Candy makes you gain weight" lol. I always found that hysterical.

Thats funny! all I know is that its not light.....when I pick up a Stern its seems like a feather ... my IJ seems about the same weight as my JJP games

#5749 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I sold my dp pre for a wonka And do not regret it at all

I'm really surprised how much I love my Wonka...I knew it was a fun game before I purchased, but after owning it a few weeks its really growing on me. I especially like the 4 flippers....rules are a little complicated, but once u figure those out its even more enjoyable

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

This, This is killing me, and my love for the game. Just so frustrating. It like it comes from the back of the pops so there is nothing you can do about it. 75% of my drains are from this.

wow thats interesting...I rarely get these drains....are u 100% sure your level?

1 week later
#5782 3 years ago

Does anybody know the size coil sleeves JJP uses in their flippers?

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Buy the longest ones and cut them down, never need a special size again

Good point

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Man this game has some really great flow once you get the hang of it. Super fun!

The 4 flipper configuration is really fun, and really adds to the incredible flow of this game

2 weeks later
#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Woo!! Only 2 extra balls. Best moment was an over 10 mil bonus collect (8x bonus * 5x playfield * 500ish bars). Also made it to pure imagination, but haven’t mastered that mode yet. [quoted image]

Holy Shit .... was the glass on ?

3 weeks later
#5933 3 years ago

Well after owning this game for a month and putting on about 60 games my observations are:

1. Very fun game and addicting game
2. complex rule set - still not sure I understand them all
3. Not easy to collect Golden Tickets ... the most I've collected is 3
4. High score of 11M with only collecting two golden tickets...

Has anyone collected all 5 ? Not an easy game

#5935 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're doing better than we are after around 15 months playing it. My wife is the first of us to get 3 tickets and it just happened this week!
The one cool thing is that despite the difficulty, it keeps us interested enough to keep trying. It seems like every time we're getting frustrated and ready to quit, we have an amazing game that sets the hook all over again.
Wonka is going to be the first pin we own to pay for itself in terms of number of plays.

Its a tough game...I'm wondering if anyone has ever collected all 5? To be honest most games I can collect two, but twice I've collected 3.

#5939 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Post 5845 says he got to pure imagination (5 tickets). He also got 22 million on his ball one, which is almost 6 times my best score, so....i think I'm a long way away.

u and me both ! Thats nuts....

#5954 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone know if someone is making decals for all of the various targets in the game. I was surprised JJP did not include these on the premium editions. Thanks.

Thats a good idea

#5956 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not making the final call until the reveal but if I pull the trigger I haven't landed on LE or CE so I have a questions for those who have owned both. Exclusivity is the least important factor, so removing that, is there anywhere close to $3000 in additional value in a CE over an LE on a JJP? Or is most of the value assigned to the numbers on the plaque? Thanks!

Do you think the artwork and powder coating is worth $3K ? personally I like the blue better, but thats a personal pref. If I was you I would buy the after market side blades and JJP topper and call it good.

#5958 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Agree 100%
The LE blue looks def nicer.
Topper and sideart is wack.
And who needs a princess-sparkeling-playfield.
More important is not to have a pooling one.

You can buy the JJP topper for $300, side blades for $75, and shooter rod for $80 and call it good....save yourself $2500

#5960 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The CE callouts though...

True....Im not aware of those differences....its really a personal choice...they both look great

#5966 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I know other folks told me to take the rubbers off the post but I like to have rubbers on the post. I have the smallest rubbers 3/8” on the post and the ball won’t go through the insane. This design makes no sense.
[quoted image]

Mine is configured like yours and I have no issues

#5970 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just take it off and play like a man!

I hear what your saying, but isn't that a good way to ruin your pinballs? I'm wondering if his issue is a play field one or possibly the vertical height? I'll look at mine closer the next time I turn on the game.

#5972 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was totally joking but not sure how it would ruin pinballs? The game comes stock with no post on that left side and that is the factory default.

Just metal on metal is never ideal if u can avoid...Factory default is a post with no rubber installed?

#5984 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Factory default is having no post at all on the left side.
But I always hear the metal on metal thing and its unavoidable with pinball. Balls are smashing into metal plated ramps and such, let alone multiball where balls are smashing into themselves.

I hear ya....

#6003 3 years ago

I had my best game on Wonka this evening....3 golden tickets (Kid, Factory, and the first one that seems to be given randomly). I almost got my 4th (Needed one more gobstopper jacket)....only scored 15M though....

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Only 15M?? outstanding score.

Well a fellow pin sider got 42M+ so I have a long ways to go

#6007 3 years ago

So I have a quick question about Golden Tickets:

I've got 4 at different times .... kids, completing factory modes, gobstopper, and the random one u get for playing good (not really sure what triggers the ticket).....is the final ticket during super lock mode? How do u get the last one? Is it a series of jackpots and then gobstopper hole?

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The last one is Wonkavator - shoot blue/yellow shots until the hole opens, fill it, repeat 3x.
I have a lot of skill envy, I gotta say.

Thank you....By super lock I meant Wonkavator Is there an indicator on the back screen on how many times you've hit the hole? I could have sworn I did that a couple times last night!

#6011 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The small screen on the playfield will tell you how many jackpots remain and whether you are on Level 1, 2 or 3.

Thank you....

#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

Wonkavator Multiball golden ticket:
Level 1: any 6 shots lit that are yellow and blue, all shots stay lit till you open the gobstopper hole and lock a ball in there. Then collect super jackpot on the spinner sending you to level 2.
Level 2: any 6 shots lit yellow and blue, shots are not lit after hit the first time. Forcing you to hit 6 different shots on the playfield, until you open the gobstopper hole and lock another ball/ collect the super jackpot on the upper right spinner again sending you to level 3
Level 3: works like level 2 except after every shot you hit, you must then hit the captive ball (which will flash yellow and blue) so I believe this comes out to be 12 total shots then gobstopper and collect the super to collect the golden ticket
Remaining shots left to hit and what level you are currently on should be displayed on the Wonka vision screen so you can keep track of where you are in the multiball.
Hope this helps!

Great this helps a lot....it no surprise that this is the one ticket I've never earned....is this mode timed?

#6026 3 years ago

Does anyone know what triggers the first golden ticket? Seems pretty random to me

#6034 3 years ago

Ok so I had a great game on Wonka this morning. I actually got that elusive golden ticket (to be honest I was surprised..and lucky as there were balls flying everywhere). This triggered (or something triggered) a new mode that I've never seen). It was gobstopper jackpots. Basically it keeps running (seemed like forever)...The gobstopper hole keeps moving around in circles and u have try and get balls in the hole. I got 17 balls in the gobstopper hole....it was really fun...

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It sounds like you got to the Most Secret Machine mode for the 4th Golden Ticket! Well done.
I hope to get there someday.

Yea that was it....really fun .... hopefully I get there again someday

#6038 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Part of the magic of this pin is the rewards like that which are difficult to achieve. They end up setting a hook and getting us excited all over again.

yea that was really a pleasant surprise...very very fun mode.

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Part of the magic of this pin is the rewards like that which are difficult to achieve. They end up setting a hook and getting us excited all over again.

I know u get Wonka's office after the 2nd ticket, and the special machine mode after the 4th, what do u get after the third? Honestly I don't remember any special mode being triggered after the 3rd ticket...hmmm

#6042 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nothing for the 3rd ticket...and I only know this because my wife Susan got her 3rd GT last week. I have yet to do it.

I guess thats why I don't remember Thats odd that they don't have a special mode for the third ticket....

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nothing for the 3rd ticket...and I only know this because my wife Susan got her 3rd GT last week. I have yet to do it.

Just to be clear I have my game settings set to factory, and I was getting frustrated with all the right drains so I moved that post a little. I'm not convinced moving the post helps that much.

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Technically it's not "nothing." You get candy stash award. 100 wonka bars and 50 candy jar.

Cool....I did not know that thank you....be cool if they added a special mode after each ticket...

#6048 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've gotten a little_ better at defending the right drain. I give a hard thump upward as the ball approaches that area, basically hoping to tap it with the top of the sling and bounce it out of danger. If it makes it past the sling, the same approach also sometimes works to cause a vertical rattle into the safe return lane.
No shame in moving the posts, I have considered it many times!

My biggest issue is my tilt is too sensitive .... in my last game I tilted (didn't even shake the game that hard) and lost my bonus....600 bars, 8X play field

#6064 3 years ago

I always use a digital level....mine is set at 6.5 at the flippers and 6.8 at the upper section of the play field.

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Never heard of to different settings on leveling playfield?I’m a carpenter so I use a inclinometer for top to bottom at 6.7 and a torpedo level at flippers and up high on playfield left to right.

Sorry that was confusing. I set my game at 6.5 at the flippers, when I did that my game was 6.8 at the top of the play field. From my experience its rarely the same

#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hear you?You can tell the difference I actually played a DI that was slow as molasses because of bad set up!

I typically like my games fast. Originally I had the game setup at 6.8 at the flippers, but it was too much. I don't normally use the factory bubble as I've found some are unreliable + they don't help with left-right level so I need a level that anyways.

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes, the final wizard mode is a big disappointment compared to the other ones. I like the fourth wizard mode the best personally. Of course, I am have the game on slightly easier settings so that I can experience these things.

Thats kinda disappointing....the wizard modes after the 2nd, and 4th ticket are great....I was disappointed that there wasn't a wizard mode after the third ticket...they need one ! Hopefully they'll make some code changes

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Can anyone confirm what the game weighs? Online it says 300lbs, but in this thread some have indicated it weighs as much as a WOZ.

I've never actually weighed a pinball game, but I can assure u that it doesn't weigh as much as WOZ

#6093 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I wasn’t expecting anyone to have a weigh scale they put the machine on, but maybe the weight was listed somewhere, such as shipping documents, manual, etc.

350 pounds comes to mind

#6098 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Googling also says 300lbs. I’m trying to gauge whether me and two friends can handle moving this pin.

If your in good shape its not a problem....it just feels bulkier since its a wide body

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

The same 2 buddies helped with moving a Ghostbusters Premium up stairs, but that only weighed 210lbs. The 330lbs weight has me concerned, since no one rents Escaleras in my area.

Stern games are feathers compared to JJP games.....

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

No one has has health issues and we're younger, but only weight about 170lbs each if I was guessing. I've played a Wonka on location, it looked and played like a standard body.

Wonka is a standard body, WOZ is a wide body

1 week later
#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Very excited! Be patient with the rules. They don't make sense at first, and the lights don't really tell you what to do. The call outs are a little cryptic too, but are very consistent. Certain quotes from the movie guide you, but it is not obvious at first what they are telling you to do. Oh, and the shots to complete Augustus make no sense: Right ramp, left loop. Oh and... i could go on and on. Great pin, have fun!

I second this....WW rule set takes a while to get your arms around, but once u figure it out its really fun. The game has great flow, and is really a challenge to collect golden tickets....the 2nd ticket, and 4th ticket wizard modes are a lot of fun (especially the 4th)

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Anyone with an LE do any of the art blades? If so can you show them off? Can't believe they're 3 different options!

I have them on my game...they look great (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/willy-wonka-bs-gameblades), but be careful as theres not a lot of room between the play field and side of the game. I highly recommend u invest in the side plastic side protectors.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Gotcha makes sense now, thanks a lot!

yea if go through the effort of installing blades these are a must in this game...theres just not much room between the play field and cabinet.

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Missing a lane guide.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Yep....Your on top of it as usual....

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Man this game is fun! Way different experience on an LE and in the home. I only was able to play an SE at a bar and it was always super dark and hard to play it.
Only have gotten 1 golden ticket so far, but was able to push out the last owner from Grand Champion already (2.2 mil I know not very good). All my virtual pinball experience paying off! lol I was curious how translatable it would be and I think it has made me a way better player. Haven't played real pinball in over 6 months.
The shots are so satisfying/fun/easy such a stark difference from some of the other games I've played in the past/owned. I just could not get into Guardians of the Galaxy or JP2 and it always felt like I was trying to do 1 thing in the game to progress (GotG scoop shot, JP2 in-between the Jeep shot) and that sucked out any semblance of fun I thought I was having when playing them. With WW right out of the gate you're working on so many different things at once and combo'ing into everything if you want, talk about a flow monster! Only about 50 games in, but that is the feeling I have so far.

Its a really fun game...just wait until u collect the 2nd and 4th Golden tickets...those wizard modes are really fun ....for whatever reason theres no wizard mode for collecting the 3rd ticket...

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is the code finished for this game ??

Good question....I wish they would add a wizard mode for collecting the third GT...other than that it looks pretty complete to me

#6215 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I think they should do this and then maybe make an option to randomize which Wizard mode unlocks with each golden ticket achieved. I suppose you could keep Pure Imagination for last, but it would be really great to have the first ticket randomly activate, say, Most Secret Machine or Wonka's Office mode instead of always being Oompa Loompa Odyssey (even though that is awesome).

Good idea...my personal favorite is the most secret machine mode, but its hard to collect 4 tickets

#6227 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

seems like getting Golden Tickets is quite the challenge!

I find the wonkavator to be the most elusive...

#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Considering pinstadiums on my wonka LE ..yea or nea?
Don’t want to lose the great light show, but MAN this playfield is dark!

Mine has pin stadiums.... and yea its a little dark

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. I'm kicking around the idea of buying a NIB Wonka LE. I've played it a few times on location and really have never understood the rules. But I've owned all the other JJP pins and have really liked them all once I figured them out.
Does this game have some last-ability?
Is the code pretty deep/wide?
If I'm buying NIB, has JJP fixed their playfield issues? What build date should I be looking for?
After owning the game, would you recommend buying one?
Any other thoughts?

Its a crazy addictive game. The rules take a while to figure out, but once u do its a lot of fun. I've owned all the JJP games and this one is the most fun although POTC is more loaded with mechs, but it plays very different (more stop and go). WW has crazy good flow, and the GT's are not easy to obtain. I only play a few times a week, but this is the game that gets turned on the most. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well let me put it this way...I had a Wonka SE. We put around 5000 plays on it, traded up for a CE and we are now approaching 7000 plays.
Wonka is the game we play every. single. day.
We continue to uncover more nuance and strategy the more we play.
So far my wife has gotten 3 golden tickets once, both of us have gotten 2 a dozen times or so. But more importantly, we're still engaged and excited to keep trying. It's kind of amazing.
I am -extremely- satisfied with the depth and longevity!

Without reservation.

Holy Toledo thats a lot of games How many hours a day do u play? I don't think I have 5000 games in my entire collection...

#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The wife and I play for at least an hour or two every night, often longer.
We're both very competitive with each other. She took down my 8.5M GC from 3/1 last weekend with a 9.9M and I replaced it with 10M the very next day.
There is something super satisfying about collecting gobstoppers, kid jackpots etc that has us chasing the dragon.
At around 12k plays between the two machines, the game has almost paid for itself!

Thats awesome....I've got 4 tickets a couple times.....I find the wonkavator ticket the most elusive for me. I've gotten to the 3rd stage, but never finished. I wish they changed the code and added a wizard mode after the 3rd ticket. I love JJP code, but it seems a little lazy that they didnt add that wizard mode.

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonkavator we're getting closer and closer to. Hitting level 3 fairly regularly. Gobstoppers, we've gotten 4 a few times.
Currently focusing most on the kid ticket, I think it's an easier reach than the others.

Kid, Gobstopper, factory, and the first mystery GT are the ones I've gotten twice....on both occasions I got to the 3rd stage of Wonkavator and then drained.

#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonkavator we're getting closer and closer to. Hitting level 3 fairly regularly. Gobstoppers, we've gotten 4 a few times.
Currently focusing most on the kid ticket, I think it's an easier reach than the others.

I agree that kid and factory are the easiest to obtain, and then of course the mystery first award

#6325 3 years ago

I love WW, but my only complaint is there is no wizard mode after collecting the third GT. You work your ass off to get that ticket and the reward meh.....the 4th ticket wizard mode is the best....JJP got lazy not creating one for the third ticket.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I love my Wonka LE. I wasn't sure about the topper, but it looks ways better in person.

Are u talking about JJP's after market topper? I have the same one....my only complaint is its a little bright, but it looks nice

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Holy crap!
I JUST discovered that ANY shot to the “kid multiball” magnet lights the super spinner for wonka bars!
Before this I thought it was the ramps for 1,2, or 3 wonka bars (depending on the ramp) or 2X wonka bar insert or super spinner insert to collect bars.
Did NOT know that you can rape the “kid multiball” to super spinner shot over and over (regardless of having kids lined up).
NOW I feel 200+ wonka bars is doable!
...gonna be a Wonkalicious weekend baby!

Yes....I got 830 Wonka bars last week ... with an 8X play field u can get some pretty high bonuses

#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You mean 8X bonus, playfield (SuperX) goes to 5x.

yea thats what I meant ....

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks pinballomatic . Fun it is.
And when I say “surprisingly good” I mean I don’t know why it took so long for me to get one. Just slipped under the radar for some reason.

It really is a great game.....aside from the lack of a wizard mode after the 3rd GT I have zero complaints....

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Also make the games with out that loud pop upon start up,what is up with that!i know there is a kit that turns off speaker when the game starts but really!

I agree thats a little annoying, but its common on all their games

#6369 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So as it stands there are mini wizards for 1,2,4 and 5, but not at 3? Weird. Maybe one was taken out due to licensing?

I'm not aware of the wizard mode for 1, but yes theres wizard modes for 2,4, and 5.... I think JJP just got lazy in their code development, because it makes zero sense....

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes but the good thing for you is that you are getting a ton of mileage out of this one complaint

I don't know about a ton, but clearly there should be a wizard mode after the third ticket. As u know getting them is not easy so its a bit anti climatic when theres no real reward.

#6380 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

You get +100 wonka bars and +50 candy jar after GT 3. That's worth quite a bit to your score and score potential. Not lazy programming IMO, just a decision to enable players to take advantage of further scoring strats related to bars and spinner.

BFD.....if u don't have 200+ wonka bars by your third GT than your not playing very well.....I'd much rather have a cool wizard mode I can play and get a bunch of points...listen I love the game, but it was laziness on the programmers part

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I agree that a wizard mode would be better,but I’m not sure we can say the programmers got lazy

Maybe bad choice of words....ok how about "The programmers ran out of time" ....lets hope they add one at some point....u gotta admit 100 Wonka bars for that achievement is a joke....other than that its a great game

#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I wonder if originally the wizard modes were awarded for tickets 2 to 5? ie. the ones you have to actually work for. That first random ticket sometimes comes really early in a game for relatively little effort, but then, the second ticket is so far away, maybe they reordered the modes to what they are today to give more access to the modes to more players? If you got 100 wonka bars for the first randomly awarded golden ticket, that is a much more reasonable sounding reward for the level of ticket, but it would mean far fewer people would see the wonder of Wonka's Office, and we would all be telling each other how wonderful the oompah loompah multiball for ticket 2 was
Still trying for that third (and fourth! and fifth!) ticket myself, but consistently getting in the 4 and 5 millions now. Hoping I can get it before the end of 2020...

The first ticket has always been a mystery to me....The fourth ticket is by far the best wizard mode....super secret machine....really fun...only made it there twice

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I would love mirrors for this game, but have had bad luck getting them to fit on the more recent JJP games.

Some have, but the play field is really tight. I tried on my game, but zero chance there was enough clearance. I ended up keeping the side art.

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Well from the responses, which I appreciate, it sounds like I need to call and see if they have one in stock and change my order.

I haven't owned Avengers, but I've owned a lot of great games. Wonka is really a great game, and plays very different from the other JJP's in my collection. Great flow, great rules, and an extremely deep code that takes quite a while to figure out. Still working my way to pure imagination

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

I have a std wonka and love it. I play everyday but after a year (and after getting all 5 tickets...on easy mode), I am considering a Guns N’ Roses LE. Mike in Milford CT is my distributor and I played a few games there this morning. I would sell the WW if I went with the GNR. I have room (and $$) for just one machine. Any advice from someone who has played the GNR long term? Will it keep my interest like WW?

Probably if u love GNR? If not my guess is the game will get old quick

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Anyone purchase a new Willy Wonka and have the 8 legs bolts missing? I'm trying to avoid cutting the strap that holds the head in place before installing the legs, but are these in the coin door area instead of being installed on the machine like Stern does?

Hasn't happened to me...u sure their not screwed into the bolt holes in the game? Thats where mine were

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

No, that's were I expected them to be. Not a single one was apparently shipped with the game. Did the LE have felt protectors also?

That sucks....I believe mine came with felt

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I just emailed Jersey Jack Pinball requesting the leg bolts and felt protectors to be sent. Not a warm fuzzy feeling so far on a $9,500 purchase that is missing basic parts needed to set it up.

Yea thats too bad....kinda takes away from the excitement of unboxing a new game ! This happened to me on a Stern game years a go so I decided to buy a spare just in case

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Here are a few pix of the mods I've added to my CE. They don't change the game play but i feel they enhance the aura/atmosphere of the game!
1) Lermods RGB Translight Kit (changes color)
2) ModCouple Wonka Factory
3) Lermods RGB Trough Kit (changes color)/ModCouple Candy Grass Flipper Covers (on all 4 flippers)
4) ModCouple Smoke Stack, Top Hat, Shooter Lane Candy Grass
5) Playfield overview w/o Glass & w/ Glass
6) Close up of playfield sparkles
7) ModCouple Wonkavator[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The sparkle play field looks great

#6532 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Normal setting from factory is to not have a post there.
Ive been curious how many do put the post on. I would imagine it would definitely increase scores as that is a big drain area.

No doubt, but I find drains on the right side worse than the left side...

1 week later
#6646 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I joined the club yesterday. Fun game and blew up one game last night for over 4 million.
[quoted image]

Baywatch is a nice touch

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yes, a dab of hot glue will hold it, but I couldn't get one to stay in place so I just took it out.
The pipes were an add on I believe so maybe in the game POMC has, the previous owner didn't buy them.

I have the same mod with the pipes, but can't seem to get the pipes to stay in place....challenging geometry in that area

#6694 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think the pipes are pretty cool, when the ball passes through, the round handle spins.

They are if they stay in place...unfortunately I can't seem to get mine to do that

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t have the clear thin pieces that tie the pipe together on,to much trouble!

Their cool looking if u can make them work

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The red pieces or the clear plastic piece. I had trouble with the clear plastic, but not the red pieces.

The clear sections

#6702 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I was told they are "done" running these for all time.. anyone know if thats the case?
I have a chance to buy a standard so wondering if I should do it or If I can wait.

My guess is the likelihood is high as they are probably at full capacity building GNR's the next 6 months and then they want to release their next title. That being said be done forever is anyone's guess

#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I’d like this info as well...considering art blades myself, but now thinks about mirror blades after jetmechannic’s post. They look pretty cool!
My concern is the ridiculous tight gap between the playfield and the interior sides of the cabinet. Barely enough room for a couple sheets of paper.

I tried mirrored blades on my Wonka and there was zero chance they would fit.....

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wondering if you owners can comment on the music for Wonka - I'm contemplating adding it to my collection but worried the soundtrack will grind on me after a while. It's specifically why I wouldn't seek a WOZ, "I'm off to see the Wizard" at the start of every game would just drive me up the walls lol.

I hear what your saying, but it doesn't bother me at all, and I find it pleasant (its not a music theme i.e. GNR). I of course love the theme so theres that. This game has a lot of flow and WOZ essentially has zero flow (in my opinion) so they are very different games.

#6792 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey man I was just messing with you of course.The most I've ever gotten is three tickets and almost had the fourth.
I believe he is correct above about it being the Wonkavator golden ticket?

I think the GT's light up left to right.....I've gotten 4 tickets several times and it its always been the right one that isn't lite....so its either Kid, wonkavator, gobstopper or completing all the modes. I'll have to pay attention next time

1 week later
#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I don't think they are labeled in the way you believe. They illuminate from left to right as you collect them. The 5th ticket could be a number of them.

So on the topic of Golden Tickets....on my game they light up (from left to right)....1, 2, 5, 4, 3 ..... I got all 5 tickets last night. In the final Pure Imagination mode u apparently u need 10 jackpots, but I only got 6 before draining.

#6880 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Eric finally got someone in programming at Jersey Jack Pinball to confirm the lights for us:
Here's the final word:
[quoted image]

Thanks...this makes sense to me...also I didnt know the first GT was called Gumball I wonder if they programmed them this way based on difficulty to achieve? I find that from left to right the first is the easiest and the Wonkavator is the most difficult.

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Am I going crazy here? I just installed the JJP topper. This thing is ridiculously bright. The brightness settings seem to do nothing. Did I plug it into the wrong plug? It’s hard to even look at this thing.

Nope its bright....and theres no way to adjust the brightness

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome...
Who wants to buy a slightly used topper? PM me

If it really bothers you I believe someone on this thread figured out a way to tone down the topper. I forgot the details, but its in this thread somewhere. For me I think its a little bright, but it doesn't bother me at all.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id like to know also. I will be installing mine next week. Hate to hear that its too bright to have on the machine.

Its bright, but I don't think its over the top.....doesn't bother me at all.

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I saw that as well, because I have that topper. It now sits in a box in my parts room because its like the lamp on a lighthouse.
They guy you are referring to took it all apart and put window tint or something (film) inside of it in between the acrylic layers in order to dim it. Not a damn thing you can do about the LEDs.
EDIT: What I find amazing is that the game has "topper dimming" in the menu. ?????? I understand that the CE has a topper that is delivered with the game, and maybe that setting works on that one, but why would JJP offer an "OEM" Wonkatania topper that does NOT utilize dimmable LED lamps in it? Stupid if you ask me.

I totally agree.....seems crazy to me .... I'm not sure if its a hardware or software issue

#6905 3 years ago

You explained it. Setting is in there for the CE whereas the LE topper was done by someone else vendor wise. Dumb notwithstanding

Everything in JJP games is made by someone else so not sure why this topper is any different.

#6907 3 years ago

Not true but whatever. I’m sure the software guys were programming for the CE and the LE topper came along later. Not that I don’t see the point being made because I certainly do.

I'm curious as to what isn't true...if this is simply a software issue hopefully the programmers address at some point

#6909 3 years ago

We have vendors make stuff of course. There’s a distinction between say something designed by us in house like the CE topper and something that was added later after the production design was over - say like Joe from laseriffic making a hobbit topper where we hadn’t done one. Of course we had to submit the art to Warner so it could come to existence but to me that’s different - the LE WW topper is much closer to the latter than to the former.

Got it....its still a JJP OEM part so it should come with some level of support. Do u know if its a hardware or software issue with the topper? If its a software issue hopefully its on their list of things to address if they ever come out with another update

#6920 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

what’s the “WiFi enabler”? Will wonka have the ability to connect to the interwebs for updates and other things?
Also...PLEASE do something with the GI code to brighten up Oompa Loompa oddessy. It’s way to dark to track balls in this mode in a dark basement arcade. I wish the gi would stay on steady or simply dim (if that’s possible) in this mode.
Thanks to you and all the JJP team for building such an awesome pin!!!

Wonka's office is the same thing....I personally like the modes, but I see your point

#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Doesn’t bother me on Wonka’s office as half the playfield is lit.
Maybe it’s just my machine but Oompa Loompa odyssey borderline unplayable.
For those of you who “like” the lighting, how dark is your game room? I dim my room lighting by 50% and have stadiums on my machine. Stadiums on wonka are at about 45%.

My room has indirect lighting, and I also have pin stadiums on my machine (set at 25%)....I've never noticed lighting issues with Oompa Loompa odyssey until u brought it up....Wonkas office gets a little dark (on half the play field) if your playing at night

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve been considering a used WW vs a stern Star Wars or tmnt. How much does the le add vs se when considering used prices? I really like the look of the le better, but aside from the the lock, is it worth going LE?

Its a personal pref, but I've always justified buying LE's over JJP's standard models mainly because I really liked Invisiglass, shakers, exterior volume control/head phone jack on all my games. If I remember correctly Wonka pricing was different than previous models i.e. the gap between the SE and LE was greater? You just need to decide if u want Invisiglass, volume control, shaker, RGB lighting, blue powder coating and the physical Wonkavator ball lock. I think other than the physical ball lock the game play is the same.

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

There a plastic over the captive ball? Mine doesn’t have one.

Yep....I would contact JJP and have them send u one

1 month later
#7235 3 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello Candy Lovers
Is there any word on more LE's being produced? Have sold 5000 already??
Thank you!
Mike

My guess is there is no way they sold 5000 units, but rumor has it they stopped production on Wonka's so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting one anytime soon. That doesn't mean at some point they won't do another run, but its anyones guess. Their pretty busy pumping out GNR's and they have their next title I assume they want to launch this year...

#7239 3 years ago

This is pretty much it - there are still some NIB CEs at the factory. More WW LE or SE could be made later on.

My guess if u decided to run an older game it would be POTC? With the prices sky rocketing I'm sure u could easily sell another 500+ units at a premium

#7243 3 years ago

I know a JJP dealer pretty well and they were told they have zero plans to ever run Wonka again.
Of course they could but they have their eyes on future biz and games and arent as nimble as Stern to re-run things.
If it ends up blowing up in price like Pirates who knows.

Mine told me they stopped building Wonka's, but he never said they would NEVER run again....only time will tell

#7250 3 years ago

he said they "could" which of course they could...
are they planning to? nope
If it skyrockets in price of course they will someday
dealer wasnt trying to sell me on anything since they ya know.. they didnt have any to sell.

My guess is your probably correct; however if JJP ever gets to full capacity they might start doing small runs of older games if theres demand. My guess is if they ever get to that point the first thing they will run is POTC and charge a premium for the game.

1 month later
#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

First time I've heard of a CE having the pooling/ chipping issues.

I didnt see in his comment that he had any play field issues.

#8002 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Their is a secret machine mode? Besides the regular gobstopper mball? How do you get to that?

4 GT's....by far the best wizard mode

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.