New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240130)

Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,768 posts
  • 421 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Elvishasleft
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“What edition are you ordering or planning to buy?”

• Standard 114 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 220 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 83 votes
    20%

(417 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 993 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

99C7E84E-610D-4CC3-B320-64939C42F945 (resized).jpeg
20201106_190617 (resized).jpg
20201113_172200 (resized).jpg
20201120_145455 (resized).jpg
20201120_145523 (resized).jpg
20201120_145528 (resized).jpg
20201120_145602 (resized).jpg
20201120_145625 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4392 (resized).jpg
IMG_4393 (resized).jpg
20201120_152251 (resized).jpg
16058481181124171790863582122292 (resized).jpg
IMG_2555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2554 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (1 year ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psexton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1224 1 year ago

It appears the Limited Edition has a "Big Points" label on the large insert under the gobstopper, but the Standard Edition does not. I think the SE needs a label of some kind as that large insert with no words/writing on it looks odd. Anyone come up with a mod or something else to dress up the large insert under the gobstopper on the SE?

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wondered about that, it really does look quite bare. I guess it's an SE nerf, and one I can certainly live with.

I just made this with my Brother P touch label maker in clear tape. It has a candy wrapper frame around it.
20190725_201128 (resized).jpg

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Congratulations!
Also, that new metal piece on the back of the ball trough is the sexiest pic I've seen in this thread yet.

Will currently SE owners that already have their machine be shipped this replacement ball trough? There is a real issue with the ball trough in the SE models.

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JUP has been good about these situations,I suspect they will here too.

Anyone put in a ticket for this yet? I am thinking about doing so.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just talk to Frank or Steve at JJP

Sorry its being a while since I have needed support or used pinside. How do I talk to Frank or Steve at JJP?
Thanks

#1298 1 year ago

I am getting this Ramp Diverter - Lower malfunction most times when I start the game. When I go into the test menu, it appears to function best I can tell assuming I am testing the correct coil and that it is lowering as it should. See video below with test on Repeat.

I can call JJP on Monday but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts before this as I have a party planned tonight and want the machine working fully if possible.

Thanks

WWTest (resized).jpg
#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What happens when you play the game? Does it divert okay?

Hard to say as i am not sure what triggers the diverter during game play,if I had to guess maybe it diverts 1/3 of the time when it should or maybe less. I can see I have seen it do it but perhaps that was on a game where I did not get the error on turning on the game. Not every turn on of the game gives the error.

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

A couple ideas. during game play, does it pull all the way back up to release the ball, or does it sit there ? ( if so the spring on the back of the coil assembly has stretched and doesn't have enough strength to pull the diverter up when a ball is there )
Also could be a timing issue, ball going past the diverter - make sure the next switch it rolls over is working, and not binding on the sides of the playfield slot it rides in or anything that would make it slow.
LTG : )

I didn't some more testing. I am now thinking it is actually working during games all the time so the only "issue" is that error message when turning on the machine on certain starts. That seems to come and go with no pattern. Sometimes 10 times it a row it will give the error, currently the last 3 restarts it has not given the error. I of course normally would not restart the machine this often but I am just testing to see how often the error occurs. It is like the start up test sometimes thinks it is broken but I think it never really is. So it is annoying to have to clear that message when turning on the machine (sometimes) but at least the coil appears to be working during the acutal gameplay best I can tell.

#1320 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

How much did that run you with shipping?

Mine was $160 from JJP including shipping and was easy to install.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I was looking at the lighting today … its a very dark playfield in an unlit room. There ARE connections on some of the lighting boards that are labeled for spotlights. They wouldn't have spent money on the boards for those connections if it wasn't originally planned for. I wonder what happened and if those connections are still programmed to work. I have a spare set of pinstadiums I might try, but I don't wont to take away the effects of the RGB playfield lights. Maybe pinstadiums with low light.
Did you need some special connectors ordered with it to tap into the GI or shaker? If so, I might have to contact him to try it.

No special connectors needed, just order the pin stadiums and then the 1ft power extension cable that is needed for all JJP games, so two items would be in your cart.

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I don't see the shaker on JJP website. Did you call/email to order? TIA.

I sent an email and had it ordered in about one hour.

#1389 1 year ago

Does anyone find the Egg mode difficult to determine which shot to hit? Seems like the shots change from Green to Red right at the time I am deciding which shot to shoot. I think they should stay either green or red for the duration of the mode (maybe they do and I am just seeing things).

#1480 1 year ago

Just painted my hat mod red. Hat mod from Mod Couple.

20190801_191222 (resized).jpg
#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm certain this was discussed to death already so please excuse the redundancy but left outlane is an f'ing vacuum. Is the move to install the included spare post but leave off the rubber?

The spare post, when installed in either of the two holes near the left outlane, prevents the ball from being able to go down the left inlane. I have had different sized rubber rings and it doesn't appear to help. Seems it is not possible to install the spare post on the left outlane from what I can tell.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Diverter under the little building on the left ramp. Goes down to divert the ball and up to let ball go by.
LTG : )

Are we sure? Mine was throwing an error and it was named left ramp diverter, not elevated diverter.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I installed the post in the first spot and used the rubber that was on the post seperating the inlanes. That rubber seems to be smaller than the one they provided in the bag. It works great.

By first post, do you mean the one that requires you to take out the black rubber piece in the playfield? If so how did you remove it? Seems it almost needs to be drilled out.

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

This keeps happening.. forces me to remove the PF every time since ball search won't find it. Anyone else? Is this the diverter issue everyone is speaking of?
[quoted image]

This is not happening on mine, but I am having the issue when the ball should divert but just keeps going past the divert. The reason I believe it should divert is because I see the lower flipper flip twice to call my attention that the ball should divert to it.

#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I adjusted the post from factory settings and it makes the game very forgiving. Added the extra right post and lower the left post and it gives you a fighting chance might just leave it. Also added mirror blades, some modes and oompah loops, and white flippers its starting to look good.

Looks good. Where did you buy the oompah lompas?

#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I fixed my diverter issue. The screw holding the coil in place was loose. Tightening it was an easy fix, but getting to it was a bit tough. That “butter box” has some nuts that are hard to get to. I also bent the diverter plate a bit and I found that did a better job forcing the ball down the hole. It’s missing maybe 5% of the time now instead of 90%. I’m going to try the magnet thing people have been taking about and see it that helps. This game is so much fun!

What was the diverter issue before you fixed it?

I seem to have three issues:
1) Sometimes the ball bounces off the diverter plate and while the ball is traveling back up the wire form, the diveter plate lifts back up so when the ball comes back down the wireform again it just passes on through
2) Sometimes the diveter seems to go down and then lifts back up so quickly that the ball has not even had time to reach the diveter plate before it lifts back up and so the ball passes on through
3) Sometimes it seems that the ball pushes through the diverter plate even though it is in the down position so the ball passes on through

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

They have been very helpful to me as well. I have not seen the point in venting every issue here so long as they are taking care of us. Stephen has been most helpful, as have the programming team. I too am using the plastic washers provided. Wonka is playing like a dream and I am thrilled with it.

No diverter issues? Where the ball sometimes does not get dropped down to the upper left flipper.

#1744 1 year ago

I want to test my diverter during game play with the glass off. Anyone know the quickest way to qualify the diverter so I can send a ball to the left ramp and see if the diverter makes it drop?

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Agreed... It's really bizarre.

CE feature?

#1796 1 year ago

Anyone having any trouble opening a ticket with JJP online? When I go to create a New Support Case and click Submit it says "Please enter value(s) for: Game Serial Number", but there is no text box to enter in the Serial Number so therefore I cannot successful submit the form.

I have a call into them and I am awaiting a call back.

Support (resized).png
#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you are on the JJP Google Groups forum, I just added a topic - "Wonka Diverter Issue - You too?" If you don't want to get too verbal about it, just reply "Me too"
If you own a JJP pin and are not on their forum yet, email Jen to be added. You just have to give her an email address to be invited.

What is the URL to the JJP Google Group?

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Well, since both diverters create "bounce-backs" they're not completely different. they time actuation based off of optos triggering on the lead-up ramp.

As someone suggested before, seems like the easy fix it just to activate the diverter in the down position immediately once a game play condition is met and leave it that way until the conditions of game play determine the ball should no longer be diverted (like perhaps when the Super Spinner mode times outs). This would make sure the ball always get diverted and not run pass the diverter too quickly and even it if did bounce off the diverter going up the ramp and back down the ramp again it would still be diverted.

This of course would require JJP to recode. Is there a reason not to do so? Perhaps leaving the coil activated for that long would burn it up?

#1896 1 year ago

I installed 1.10 and ran the diverter test. You can see it here in this video, it fails many times. Like the ball is pushing right through it.

#1906 1 year ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I had that issue where it would sneak past. The screw holding the L-shapes bracket on was loose. I had to remove the 4 screws holding the plastic cover on and then remove the 4 screws holding the diverter on. Then a quick tightening and it was all fixed. Pretty easy fix.

I just checked my L bracket and it is not loose. I did adjust it so when it is not energized it will just barely touch the top of the ball.

I have ran many tests, including many different magnets like the twilight zone fix, and to cut to the chase I believe the only fix is to create two new settings that the owner can adjust. One to tell how quickly to energize the diverter once one of the optical switches is triggered and the other setting to say how long to keep the diverter energized (to help with the bounce backs).

#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

good question

Quoted from JediPimp:

Can anyone confirm what the new sounds and videos are included in this code update 1.10. Is it major stuff or have you not noticed anything yet?

I have played about 10 games on the new 1.10 and no changes really stand out. I am sure there probably are some, but I have not noticed them yet.

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I understand the optional post on the left outlane.. But whats the purpose of the hole above it(with black plug)? Play field manufacturer messed up?

I believe you are supposed to be able to remove the black plug and install the post there. Anyone have any luck removing the black plug and if so how without damaging anything?

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

If I’m stating the (maybe not so) obvious, forgive me, but I believe the black “plug” is a threaded screw. You would need to unscrew it to remove it instead of just pulling it out.

Perhaps but there is no slots in the "head" of the black plug to insert a screwdriver head into. At least not on mine. The head is a smooth dome.

I have tried to pry it out with no success.

I think the only way may be to drill it out.

2 weeks later
#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

What else are we going to add? To a game that has
* Welcome to the Factory
* Inventing Room
* Fizzy Lifting Drink Room
* Golden Egg Room
* 2x scoring
* 3x scoring
* 4x scoring
* 5x scoring
* Slugworth MB
* 2x Wonka Bars
* Super Spinner
* Collect Augustus
* Collect Mike
* Collect Violet
* Wonkatania Mania
* Wonka Wash Frenzy
* Wonka Store Room
* Oompa Loompa Hurry Up
* World Record Gum Chewing
* Dots Dots Dots
* The Candy Man
* Unlimited Kickback
* Wonka Bar Craze
* Gobstopper MB
* Kid MB
* Wonkavator MB
* Oompa Loompa Odyssey
* Wonka's Office
* Most Secret Machine
* Pure Imagination
[Which you can stack 13 of those at once, BTW.]
Plus around a dozen other awards from small points to light extra ball to giant wizard mode instant bonus. And tons of secret stuff no one seems to have discovered yet.
What the hell else do you want us to put in this game??
WYSIWYG[quoted image]

The modes aren't really engaging/memorable. You would think the egg mode would be but I find it hard to tell what shot is a good egg or a bad egg. Maybe the lights flash too much or sometimes it seems the good egg turns to a bad egg shot mid mode. The other modes are less engaging and less intergrated with the ball path/movement. Maybe more voices from the movie clips while playing a mode would help or more calls out on what to shoot. Collecting a golden ticket seems too random and not a skilled event like killing smaug or even hitting the big bang target, so therefore it is way less exciting. All the awards and scoring mutilpiers are good, but not as memorable as having great engaging modes where your shot on the playfield relives a scene in the movie. Shooting ramps to have Charlie burp was a good attempt but something is missing, like callouts or voices, etc. to really pull you in and make it clear you are saving Charlie from certain death from the fan.

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from crobby:

Same here, looks like it's there to stay. Oh well, I guess I gotta get better at playing!

Same here, it will not budge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psexton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside