IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10339 2 years ago

I picked up a Wonka LE two days before Christmas. Distributor here said JJP re-released 200 more. They allowed him 2 and I was lucky to get one of them as the other was sold. I missed this game originally and am so happy to get one. It's been years since a new game and I love it. This is also first JJP game and I have to say I am impressed. I love the theme and it is so well done IMHO. This one is LE# 1100. I am curious if there are any higher serial numbers out there or could this be the last one of this batch? The build date does not show day, just 12/21.

#10344 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Mine is #1198. Built in November.

Thanks for posting this. Maybe there are 1200?

#10346 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I just joined the club with LE #298. The ramp combos and “choose your own adventure” (non-linear) style gameplay is right up my alley! Really looking forward to learning the ins-and-outs of the code, and adding all suggested tweaks and enhancements.
I also just bought a twilight zone, so now considering myself a huge Pat Lawler fan.

The non-linear play style and seemingly randomness to the call outs is something I really appreciate about this pin too. This is a feature that keeps game play feeling fresh.

1 week later
#10526 2 years ago

I'm having trouble with the left ramp diverter on a new game. Lots of times the diverter tries to divert ball to lower flipper but it only stops the ball which then slowly continues onto the wire ramp. The diverter is working fine but I noticed my left ramp has a significant lean to the right. This causes ball to hug the right side and avoid the drop hole on the left. I am wondering if this ramp is supposed to be level near the diverter end?

Diverter1 (resized).jpgDiverter1 (resized).jpgDiverter2 (resized).jpgDiverter2 (resized).jpg
#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:Don't forget most secret machine and pure imagination (4th and 5th golden ticket wizard modes).

Don't forget oompa loompa multiball. A very cool mode, the custom music track is great, especially when you hit shots.

#10532 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

This sounds like what mine does. But, I don't think it is while trying to divert the ball. I think it is after diverting a ball and it raises back up... I think it just doesn't come up quite high enough. I don't have a solution yet, though the more I've played it, the less I've had it happen, FWIW.

Actually that is a different problem. Mine had that one too. The spring that pulls the diverter arm back up is too weak. It acted lazy and hung down a little just as you described. I added a second light spring and have had no more problems with the diverter arm getting in the way when it shouldn't. I think JJP put too light of a spring on this recent batch of Wonka's. Well at least a few anyway. Does your left ramp exit lean right like mine does?

Diverter2 (resized).jpgDiverter2 (resized).jpg
#10538 2 years ago

Fixed problem with diverter

Quoted from PlayPin:

I'm having trouble with the left ramp diverter on a new game. Lots of times the diverter tries to divert ball to lower flipper but it only stops the ball which then slowly continues onto the wire ramp. The diverter is working fine but I noticed my left ramp has a significant lean to the right. This causes ball to hug the right side and avoid the drop hole on the left. I am wondering if this ramp is supposed to be level near the diverter end?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found the problem. Took off lower left wire form and found it was bent causing plastic portion of ramp to lean down to the right. Also one fork(upper right) of wire form was installed wrong at factory. Wire should not be inside the plastic ramp.

#10539 2 years ago

Saw something new during my best game so far. It was called ransom. You could raise the ransom by hitting certain shots. Unfortunately did not complete before losing that ball. I love how this game has new surprises that pop up. There is a lot more depth to this game than it may look like on the surface. My best game is 19.26M with three golden tickets. This is way higher than my average game. Have had this game about 3 weeks. Factory rules except enabled replay and special to award extra balls. I really like this game!

#10543 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I forgot about that mode. Been a while since I got it. I used to get it on the old code..
I believe, if I remember correctly, you need to get 200 wonka bars for that to start?

That could be. I think I had 248 bars on that game. It makes sense that they would tie the mode to Wonka bars. The lady in the movie had to "think about" whether to surrender her case of Wonka bars for her husbands release.... after saying she would pay anything, anything!

#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:I thought I just continues until you drain the ball. Would love to know if this is not the case.

Unfortunately I did not get enough time figure out how to end ransom.

What I think would be really cool! If games had enough memory to allow you to "review" your last game on the monitor. I would love to see some of the things I am missing that are going on the LCD. If I try to look up there while ball is in play I usually lose it. They could add an adjustment that allows review of last game. If adjustment is set to on, then when game ends it questions you: Review last game? Left flipper = no, Right flipper = yes. Then allow left flipper to rewind and right to fast forward. Push both flippers at once to end review. Of course this would probably be best only for home settings.

#10572 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Was this the mode, that if you hit the gobstopper hole, it ends it? I could be mistaken.

So far it seems no one knows how to end or collect ransom value. I only noticed that the ransom value could be raised by hitting certain shots(can't remember which). I did not have time to see any more about it before I lost the ball in play.

#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Set the ransom value by bashing the gobstopper target, then collect it at the lit ramp. It moves, if I remember right.

By gobstopper target do you mean the "secret machine" just below the big gobstopper?

#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, that is what he means. The target above the gobstopper hole.

I'm still getting to know some of the shots and call outs. I hear the game say things like "shoot the saucer" and I'm like: I don't really see one in this game?

#10580 2 years ago

Happened to glance up and see the scene where Charlie Bucket finds a silver dollar in the street drain while I was playing. Not sure what I did? Wondering if this has something to do with the lost Golden ticket? Not really sure what I did when I get a golden ticket yet. With enough play I suppose I will figure out how to purposefully go after them.

#10581 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Saucer is the right Wonka vision target.

That makes sense. Sort of cool the game would use a quote like that considering the saucer is not really visible.

#10583 2 years ago

Curious if anyone has experienced flipper fade from coils over-heating on Wonka? I see it's been a subject on some other JJP titles such as pirates. Saw this post about a simple/cost effective solution(from Stef95 post #17361): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/348

#10584 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I believe that Charlie video plays when you get the special award. I have that set as an extra ball on my machine. I don't recall if that is the default setting or not, though, so what it does may be different for you.

Cool. I saw it once and my feeling is that if it's associated with special it must play the clip when you light special. I do have replay and special set to award an extra ball which were off by default on 2.03.

#10589 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Is it just me or are the callouts inconsistent regarding naming of shots? Sometime the calls “camera ramp” the “left ramp”? And sometimes “left ramp” meaning the actual furthest left ramp and sometimes that ramp is “gobstopper ramp”?

It's not just you. It's got to be confusing to new players at times. I have been confused. The words on the ramps don't exactly standout either. Especially where I have my games because it's kind of dark and this game does not have the brightest G.I. I also heard it say something like "shoot the factory ramp". I think that is the right ramp? Confusing because the left ramp leads to the diverter that looks like a factory but the right ramp is near the smoke stack.

Quoted from prentice:

Yeah that’s a little annoying that they use different phrases, it’s hard to explain to new players as-is, but I think they don’t switch them up. The center ramp I think is the camera ramp. I think left ramp always refers to gobstopper.

I have been wondering what the camera ramp was. I sometimes mistake it for the left ramp.

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Minimal in my opinion ... a few times during a long session with multiball going the balls have had a LITTLE bit more difficulty going up the ramps, but not enough for me to want to "fix" it. This is a total guess, but if I had to pick a numbers I would say I have never seen more than a 10% reduction in power. For a great player this could be a big deal. For me (total novice) it hardly makes any difference. But that solution looks pretty cool (no pun intended)!

Nice to know. Sounds like a problem on Pirates anyway. I think long games with multiplayer are when fade is most noticable because coils over-heat. I could see having long games on Wonka. I have not noticed fade yet.

Quoted from zaphX:

I found that when the magnets are active, the flippers are weak. I set the bottom two to +2 which worked out nicely for my power situation here.

Interesting. I am going to try to watch more closely for this when all magnets are going. My flippers at still at default but feel just right to me.

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

For sure. No need to look for problems. As for the confusion with the call outs and different names for the same shots. I personally like as much variety with quotes as possible. It may lend some confusion at first. In the long run though it makes each game feel a little different. For me anyway...quotes that tell you where to shoot can become some of the most annoying things in the long run. You will figure out where to shoot in time. I have owned games that would repeat where to shoot over and over with the exact same quote. I really appreciate the variety of call outs in this game for various shots, modes, even drains. It makes for a much less repetitive experience and a more classy feel to the game. A little temporary confusion is well worth the trade off. JJP.....Don't fix anything here please.

#10606 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm curious: What do you all think of the Willie Wonka movie? I generally don't care much about the themes for my pins (I have zero interest in soccer but love my World Cup Soccer), but I know the Wonka theme definitely pulls me in. It's like playing a giant adult Fisher Price toy on steroids.
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a Top 3 movie for me. You?
(and if you have to ask which Wonka movie I'm referring to, we can't be friends)

Love it, a true classic and a must have for me. It was so unexpected to see that them. It's just now been 50 years since release. To top if off Pat & the team did such a nice job with it. What a great pin!

Quoted from Rager170:

Its the main reason I bought this machine. I have always loved the movie (original). It has a bit of everthing in it, humor, sadness, mystery... This was a dream theme for me. I actually blind bought the machine. Luckily, I like it haha.
Now, I am still very annoyed they changed it from "Brat" to "kid" on the machine ha.

How very sad that you can't call those naughty kids a Brat today. Wake up Dahl family! Wait a minute, sounds like they are "woke".

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can change the word, but it doesnt change the meaning.. Those little bastards! lol

The one valid reason I see for changing Brat to Kid is that Charlie did not belong in that group, but still?

#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Loved the movie when I was a kid and actually Peter Ostrum (Charlie) is our veterinarian

That's amazing. I figured he would be living in Germany or something. Do you ever talk to him about the movie?

#10619 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No? He did lose the game as well by stealing the fizzy lifting drink.. Greedy bastard lol.

Grandpa Joe made him do it.

2 weeks later
#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Usually happens as the post loosen. Gotta check every three days of playing and tighten posts. Thread locker may work.
Its what was noticed on JJP G&R.

That's interesting. I figured it would be from over tightening. How do the washers prevent pooling if cause is posts getting loose? Maybe as someone asked pooling is just hidden under the washers. Sorry, I bet some of the long time WW owners are tired of this topic.

#10798 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

But every last chipping on my G&R was because of post loosening.
Also, when I asked JJP for a torque specification the answer resembled there isnt one. Can be from that too, sure. But probably not for the factory that way.
Washers may 1) call for a longer screw for the post 2) help keep the factory spec “stable” longer. - meaning the problems shows after years 3) help distribute (soften) the movement enough for the bands to stretch enough preventing one root cause of the problem 4) a combo 5) something my dumb a$$ didnt think of in the 30 sec to think actuarially cross-referenced through science (physics & chemistry (plastic field) in this case).

I think somewhere in there you must have hit the nail on the head. More than likely the actual cause is more than one thing and therefore the fix will probably remain a bit abstract. If it was crystal clear I think it would have come out from JJP or someone by now. Seems like lots of JJP games are affected by this. I especially enjoyed number 5.

#10799 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Has anyone noticed WW chewing up pinballs comparatively faster than other games? After 100 games or so the balls are rougher than many hundreds of games in other machines. Same type of balls (standard balls from Marco or pinball life). Not really complaining Just finding this curious. I’ve changed balls about five times ina month. Here’s a pic like I said can’t be more than 100 games[quoted image]

Those don't look good. Yes that can wear your game quicker. Will check mine tonight and try to post tomorrow. Mine is somewhere just over 100 plays. Thanks for posting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=playpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.