IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

Some news from Kaneda about Willy Wonka on his latest episode. Today Kaneda mentioned that Keith isn't coding Willy Wonka but rather Joe Katz. It's awesome that Joe Katz is may be the lead on Willy Wonka (not sure if he's working on it or Kaneda's comment meant he's the lead). Joe has done a ton of great work on JJP games including Hobbit and Pirates.

This aligns with Eric's comments at TPF where he said that Keith is working on the Pirates super wizard mode. So Keith is either the lead on the fall JJP game or more likely Ted Estes is (he was last a lead on Dialed In) and Keith is on the first 2020 JJP pin? Keith may very well be working on Pirates for a while longer.

1 year later
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s the problem with these two pins,you don’t want to play anything else!

Haha I bet. I'm now contemplating ordering a Wonka LE (reason I'm posting here!) to go along side a WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In (recently sold Pirates). I showed my wife pictures of JP, Elvira, and Wonka earlier to ask which one she thought looked like the most fun...yup she said Wonka.

I've been trying to get a gauge of Wonkas depth. It seems pretty deep based on the JJP rulesheet and videos I've seen. Do any owners feel it's as deep as some of JJP's other titles?

1 week later
#5259 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

This is part one of a four part series I did, coming from my perspective as a first time pin owner.
Thanks for watching!

Wow! That's a very high quality, detailed, and great video.

1 year later
#10827 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

I am considering obtaining a NIB WW LE. My only experience with having my own pin is a Stern TMNT Premium. It seems there is much less interest in WW than there should be based on it being a top twenty ranked pin. I'm curious why this might be. Is it a JJP vs Stern thing? Something else?
It's a big chunk of money (they all are these days) so I'm curious to better understand the dynamics on this game before I jump in. I figure this is the right crowd to ask. (And I might be joining y'all soon!)

Quoted from Vermont:

Thanks so much for the rapid responses! I have just placed an order for a WW LE and will arrive next Thursday, barring a weather incident (always possible in Vermont!)
Next steps: which mods to think about adding! If there's already a good list or top flight recommendations, please send it/them my way.

Congrats on ordering the game! I'm a TMNT Premium owner as well and have been heavily considering a Willy Wonka LE. There's not many left out there, hell I think Pinballs.com (Automated) has one left as there page says $11,500 now for an LE (plus shipping). Every other distributor I've searched for is out including my local favorite and go to.

I'll say this, yes $11k is an insane amount of cash to spend on a pin but like others have said it will hold it's value fairly well compared to other hobbies. It could go up $2k or down $2k for example but that's pretty damn good compared to any other hobby. The best thing about this hobby and getting a new Wonka is it's all about fun.

My wife is saying to order a new Wonka LE as she likes the theme and game. If I'm smart I'll order a game asap lol.

#10849 2 years ago

Joining the club, ordered one of the last Wonka LE's from Classic Game Rooms. My go to and favorite distributor is sold out. Had a good experience ordering from Jason. I see that Flip N Out pinball is asking $11k for a Wonka LE with a 2" nick to the cabinet decals and $12k for what may be his last NIB one...

#10851 2 years ago

Just curious, I heard the new 2.0 code made the game a bit more accessible. Does the new code make the game easier and if so has anyone adjusted the settings to increase difficulty? I still want an experience where its rather difficult to gain all of the Golden Tickets and get to the final wizard mode. I enjoy having games where it may take me years, if ever, to get to a final wizard mode.

#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes it's easier, but it's downgraded from "impossible" to "possible with a lot of work."
It's still quite difficult to get to the end. We have over 11K plays and my wife has gotten 4 golden tickets twice.
Don't worry, the challenge is still there...it's just better balanced and a lot more fun.

Great to hear, thank you. That's awesome you have so many plays on your Wonka! Have you found it easier to collect all the golden tickets with the latest update?

Does anyone know what the higher difficulty presets do and if they set the game back to the difficulty level pre 2.0 update?

#10911 2 years ago

My LE is arriving tomorrow from Classic Game Rooms and being shipped via R&L. Jason at Classic Games room said he prefers R&L over the other option he has but have read some horror stories on here about them. If the box has no damage I assume there's really no reason to open it while the shipping driver is still there? If the box is fine but the "tip and tell" thing is set off would it be best to open it? As always it should be fine to refuse shipment before signing if there's any visible damage? Just a bit nervous as this is the most I've ever spent on a pin. Thanks!

#10914 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I bought WW LE from Jason in October and he shipped with R&L. Everything was great. Jason is legit.

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I bought me SE from Jason last year, shipped Central Freight which I see is now out of business! Shipment was perfect. Jason is a good guy to buy from for sure, if he says R&L is the way to go now then I am sure you'll be fine. Congrats, the machine is incredible!

That's great to hear, thank you both.

#10915 2 years ago

LE #503 has arrived! Haven’t set it up yet but so far everything looks great. Wonka is either the heaviest game I’ve ever moved next to Hobbit or I’m severely out of shape (yes) as damn is that one heavy ass game to move! I moved it downstairs using an Escalera which was a bit nerve racking with the balance point. As soon as I got it down I opened a beer lol.

E899D6C0-20BB-4920-8C4B-C6CD1C33DA92 (resized).jpegE899D6C0-20BB-4920-8C4B-C6CD1C33DA92 (resized).jpeg

#10917 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I know the numbers are random but it is still weird that you got 503 and mine was 1156. Was yours a November 21 production game?

Yeah JJP's numbering order is odd, it's all over the place from what I've seen. On the outside of the box it says October 2021 as the manufacturing date.

#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Awesome, very exciting! I moved mine upstairs by myself, and I swear the thing weighed 900 pounds I used a boat winch (some real redneck engineering) to crank it up the stairs and was terrified it would come loose from the dolly I used as a sled, but no problems. But an Escalera would have been VERY nice to have. Enjoy the machine!

Thanks! That's a great idea with the winch.

Quoted from zaphX:

Moving Wonka SE downstairs on an Escalera damn near took me with it. I lost balance, the buyer was outside in his car, and I was hanging on for dear life hoping not to lose game, self, and drywall.
I now consider going downstairs much more dangerous than going upstairs and I always have someone spotting me to correct the balance point if needed.

Wow, yeah that's scary and shows just how little leeway there is with the balance point when moving a game with an Escalera. Glad you are ok. Today when I was moving Wonka downstairs I felt like my right leg may go out or one of my knees. When moving a game downstairs I have my feet point to side as I go down to act as a brace, it works but puts a lot of pressure on the knees. At one point I thought I was going to lose Wonka but held on. Next time I'll make sure to have someone spotting while going down. Also a walkout basement or elevator lift would be amazing lol.

#10929 2 years ago

Just curious if the "hard" preset or a different one would change difficulty back to pre 2.0 code? I would like to start playing the game with the difficulty a bit higher and not be able to easily run through modes. If it's too difficult I'll dial the settings back, just never had a chance to really play the game prior to the big 2.0 update.

Unlocking a mode like Wonka's Office seems like something that should happen with a great game (similar to unlocking Destroy the Ring in LOTR) and then for a game of a lifetime reaching Pure Imagination (Valinor).

Thanks!

#10945 2 years ago

Wow what an awesome and fun game! Got it setup yesterday and played a few games with my wife. I think Wonka is going to be our favorite for a while!

Rearranged a couple games to get the JJP’s lined up.

1BEBB802-FC77-481B-BAAF-A84A6E7EAC59 (resized).jpeg1BEBB802-FC77-481B-BAAF-A84A6E7EAC59 (resized).jpeg

#10970 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Played my first games on my new LE yesterday!
A couple questions. Are there any typical settings changes I should make? I know some games have a few that are widely considered wise to be done by almost anyone. Or perhaps anything that's just interesting to consider.
Secondly, when I went to take the glass off, both of these screws were up so high I couldn't. I put them in enough to get the glass off, but can someone validate they should be in all the way?
[quoted image]

Those screws will affect how secure the lockdown bar is to the cabinet. The further they are down the more secure the lockdown bar will be. My LE had the screws up way too high as well and I ended lowering them a good amount to have the lockdown bar secure. It’s a good idea to lower them a bit as you don’t want them to scratch the Invisiglass.

#10979 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's difficult and has complex, layered code. I guess it's too much for some.
The Pinside brigading when it launched didn't help. "It sounds like a slot machine" "It doesn't have audio on the video clips".

Speaking of rules thank you for your Wonka tutorial on YouTube! My wife and I were watching it the other day, great and informative video. I love that Wonka has these 5 segmented objectives spread throughout the game, those being collecting the 5 Golden Tickets.

Unlocking modes and multiballs is a task in itself but having to collect all the tickets is a a whole ’nother layer of depth. Kid Multiball and the depth of that one mode are pretty crazy in a good way (wouldn't have understood it without your video). You can start Kid Multiball in 5 different states, having 1 kid qualified (or collected, another layer of depth) or up to 5. Then you need all 5 kids collected and then do well in the multiball to earn a Golden Ticket. Stuff like that is just awesome to see. Then you can toss in the strategy behind which modes to start with others which adds a lot of depth as well. Then add (yes there's more! lol) Wonkavator MB, Wonka's Office, Wonkatania, Oompa Loompa Odyssey, Wonka Bar Ransom, and the Pure Imagination super wizard mode. Damn there's a ton to do and unlock and it can all be done in different ways to blow up the game.

2 years later
#13926 4 days ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Bummer man! Thank you for all your Pinside contributions and your streams! Good luck with the move and your next adventure.

Yes, thank you @zaphX, especially for those rules overview videos (I would be lost on Wonka without it lol).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.