IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nameim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5914 3 years ago

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic (labeled 04) that covers the captive ball. I have broken two of them in the two months I have owned the game. The plastic has two very narrow legs that straddle the wire form coming off the factory loop. The first plastic snapped cleanly off and was found in the saucer by the Wonkavision. The second one suffered a broken leg and the ball hit hard enough to swing the plastic around. When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece.

E7842622-A0FB-4B9C-BBB2-93E05C686396_1_105_c (resized).jpegE7842622-A0FB-4B9C-BBB2-93E05C686396_1_105_c (resized).jpegAB0522C9-1B06-442D-AB08-1C693E674146_1_105_c (resized).jpegAB0522C9-1B06-442D-AB08-1C693E674146_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check again please.
No idea. But stuff does change.
LTG : )

Thanks LTG. I got the plastic replacement but I was just curious if this was a common problem. I don't want to be replacing it monthly!

#5918 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is common, at least it also happened to me. I was out of warranty when it happened and I was required to buy a whole sheet of clear plastics for the game rather than just that part. I wanted to get 6 copies of it to have some backups over time, but instead I have a box of additional plastics I don't need. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I asked him to send me multiples...didn't happen.

#5932 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:It breaks easily, especially if you don’t have the factory ramp “roof” installed. JJP replaced mine. Second one is intact, so far.

I'm not sure what you mean by "factory ramp 'roof'". Could you please post a photo? Thanks!

#5942 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Mine broke last week as well. I went ahead and made one with my 3d printer. Emailed JJP and received immediate response from Barry Engler and he offered to send one out right away. You will pay shipping though. I imagine not a warranty item due to wear and tear item and not enough have been reported to indicate otherwise or an ongoing issue etc... Was owed the drones from an open ticket forever ago for my DI standard so he added those as well and that helped me justify the shipping cost that easily exceeded the price of the plastic. . Easy communication and problem solved quickly. That's what is important to me. If anyone wants the 3d .stl file i'm happy to send it.
Mike[quoted image]

That looks like a great solution. I just wish I had a printer (and the skills) to do the same.

9 months later
#8995 2 years ago

I am getting the "elevator diverter malfunction" error message on startup. During gameplay, the capturing of the balls is a sometimes thing. Today, it captured the first ball that went to it and all subsequent balls just continued around the loop. The other balls were registered as captured and when multiball began, the game launched two more balls after the captured ball was released resulting in a normal multiball. When I ran the device test, all systems registered as good (yellow). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 month later
#9306 2 years ago

I have a WWLE that is still having problems capturing the balls in the Wonkavator. I have run the device test and everything works as it should except that the diverter gate only swings open a quarter of an inch or so, allowing the balls to shoot by or clunk against it. There does not appear to be a physical obstruction and I can nudge the gate fully open with a probe. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

#9310 2 years ago

Yes I have looked for obstructions but there does not seem to be one. It does seem to be binding on something but nothing obvious. The coil is firing normally and fully.

Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Check your diverter(sounds like it’s working but not opening fully) the mech is similar to any flipper mech, check for binding or anything keeping it from fully opening.

1 week later
#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Uploaded 2.0. Manually is my choice. Took about 4 minutes to dump it on my USB from computer. (PC guy). Less than 5 for the full install on the game itself.
Played a few games and the one thing I noticed in the first game right away was the Wonkavator lock diverter malfunctioned on the second ball to go up there. It didn't get locked and came around to the bumpers. I can honestly say that it never happened with the other code. I was running 1.33ce prior to this full install. So.... I'm a +1 on that diverter snafu like a few others have noticed. 3 or more isn't a coincidence in my opinion and humbly ask jjp gurus to please look in to this.
Thanks for the update jjp.
Also, I don't know if this is fixable but I saw this(see pic) while I was scrolling through game settings.
r/
Mike
[quoted image]

My Wonkavator lock diverter is also “wonky”. The diverter does not open fully, allowing the ball to slip by. I also wonder if it is code related….

#9372 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are we talking about the diverter that makes the ball go into the Wonkavator / around to the pops?
Or the one that releases balls from the Wonkavator?
What's your coil setting for that diverter, does it show green (default?)

The one that sends the ball to the Wonkavator. There is a flap that is supposed to extend across the lane and send the ball to the VUK that kicks the ball into the Wonkavator. The flap on mine is only open 1/4 of an inch or so which allows the ball to continue into the pops or to clunk against the partially open diverter flap.

2 weeks later
#9440 2 years ago

This is a shout out to Ken at the JJ help line who helped me fix my Wonkavator diverter. I described the problem and he said that it sounded like a loose pawl. 5 minutes later, the problem that has plagued my machine for a month or more was cured. I couldn’t be happier with his advice and guidance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nameim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=nameim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.