IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3558 4 years ago

I Officially Joined the Club Today. It arrived this morning! I Purchased a HUO LE from a pinsider. Mine has a build date of July 2019. #163 It took me about 10 games to crack It wide open. I finally did it! Check out the Score on the PIC

20191218_110205 (resized).jpg20191218_110205 (resized).jpg20191218_110205.jpg20191218_110205.jpg20191218_172724.jpg20191218_172724.jpg20191218_172734.jpg20191218_172734.jpg20191218_220354.jpg20191218_220354.jpg
4 months later
#4982 4 years ago

Like this?

Tutorial looks great. What Playfield camera are you using and is that 1080 or 720?

#4999 3 years ago

Does anyone Know the resolution of the wonkavision? Im trying to capture the feed to add to a stream/recording and it seems the resolution is the problem. Also what external capture devices would handle lower resolutions such as that?

#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've heard you have to connect your capture device to it -after- the game has booted for it to work.

Have you tried it with the avermedia device. I used your instructions for the main LCD and got it working in 5 minutes.

4 months later
#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

Wonkavator Multiball golden ticket:
Level 1: any 6 shots lit that are yellow and blue, all shots stay lit till you open the gobstopper hole and lock a ball in there. Then collect super jackpot on the spinner sending you to level 2.
Level 2: any 6 shots lit yellow and blue, shots are not lit after hit the first time. Forcing you to hit 6 different shots on the playfield, until you open the gobstopper hole and lock another ball/ collect the super jackpot on the upper right spinner again sending you to level 3
Level 3: works like level 2 except after every shot you hit, you must then hit the captive ball (which will flash yellow and blue) so I believe this comes out to be 12 total shots then gobstopper and collect the super to collect the golden ticket
Remaining shots left to hit and what level you are currently on should be displayed on the Wonka vision screen so you can keep track of where you are in the multiball.
Hope this helps!

This helps tremendously!
I also believe it saves your progress from multiball to the next time you enter wonkavator multiball. I almost made it several times, however I did not know about the captive ball shot on level three. Now that I do, I should be able to eventually be able to score this ticket!
Thanks for the breakdown!

4 months later
#7534 3 years ago

I will be Streaming Willy Wonka live on Friday at 6pm EST and Saturday at 4pm EST. We will be performing a live test of flipper coil temps with and without fans.

Pinmonk@Vireland supplied me with the test equipment and Cooling Fans that he sells.

Friday Stream will be without cooling fans and Saturday will have cooling fans installed to show the difference in Temperatures. Flipper fade is real, if you have noticed your flippers getting weaker after you play for a while, your coils are probably getting too HOT and NOT performing as normal.

We will have some great gameplay as well.
Here is the link:
https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

#7573 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How much play time does it take until the flippers start to fade?

I was noticing a fade starting at after 30 minutes. The shots to the right ramp from the left flipper were noticeably harder to make, and it got worse from there!

#7575 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I may be a bit biased because Wonka is one of my favorite films, but I think it's the best JJP game by a mile. Having full assets just makes it amazing. The layout is smooth as butter and the code gives you so many ways to play and shoot around that I never get bored.
I think gnr is a great game but I'm just not a huge fan of their music so while I appreciate the game itself the theme is lost on me.
Pirates was so meh with the lack of assets. I think the game is beautiful but loses the world under glass experience for me.
Dialed in is an amazing machine as well but the theme is super lame.
I just hope they give toy story the gnr or wonka asset treatment and don't cheap out. My kids and I love all the films and it will be an instant buy.

I cannot agree with you more. I have 2 nieces that came over to spend the night. I have 28 games in the game room. They were fighting over playing the Wonka. I told my wife, If I only had space for one machine, It would be WONKA.
I sold my GNR LE last week to make room for TStory.

#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Are you streaming with the cooling mod today?

Yes, streaming with the cooling fans today at 4pm EST on https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks. Actually been watching zaphx awesome WW videos while on the treadmill almost daily! Just didn't pick up every detail yet But will rewatch the kid video. Keep these coming zaphx !

or watch mine. I made it to pure imagination. Which is all 5 golden tickets. I came to a point where i was struggling to complete one of the challenges and a viewer in chat told me what shot to make. The game is awesome and deep. Lots of fun. I like getting super spinner and 5x playfield. I ripped 1 million point spinner shots several times in the game.
BTW, I watched zaphX many times to learn to where i got. So thanks Derek!

https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball/video/922056705

#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So with 5x playfield and super spinner lit how many points is each spin worth?
Also..5x playfield and super spinner doesn’t mean you get 5x wonka bars per spin correct? Just 5x the points per spin I believe.
1million per spin sounds like something I need to try and line up on my game!

I was getting 31k per spin when it started. If you want to watch just one part where I did this its pretty cool. I scored
5.5 Million during a 30 second mode with 5x playfield and super spinner running. It starts at 34:18

https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball/video/922056705

#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Also..5x playfield and super spinner doesn’t mean you get 5x wonka bars per spin correct? Just 5x the points per spin I believe.

I am not exactly sure on how the wonka bars multiplier worked. However during that 30 second mode, I went from 166 Wonka bars to 315.

#7622 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

BTW I see you attached the flipper fans - I find lack of power during multiball a significant issue on Wonka. I've bumped the flipper power (I think +2) to compensate as I always thought the magnets were sapping power.
Did you find the fans gave you consistent power throughout?

yes. fans are a must on this game for players like yourself. I had significant flipper fade after 30 minutes. the right ramp was noticeably harder to successfully make. I topped out at 196 without fans and at 130 with.

#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Looks like the candy jar number impacts spinner scoring and you have 119 in yours when you rip the spinner in 5x. That probably accounts for getting 1million points on a spinner hit.
But it looks like your wonka bars go up at a dramatically increased rate as well.
Has me wondering if wonka bars in super spinner mode collect at the multiplier rate. In your case 5 bars per spin.
You absolutely crushed that game my friend! I’ll be watching this video a lot to better my understanding of this game. Thanks!

So here is the "official" from the rule sheet

Spinner - A spinner is located in front of the side loop, which makes really good sounds when it’s hit. Counts down towards qualifying Augustus. If Super Spinner is qualified, each spin will collect a Wonka Bar!

So that makes sense. Each time I ripped the spinner, it was 31k so it spun around 25 to 30 times while also giving me a wonka bar for each spin. So spun around 149 times in the 30 second mode window giving me one wonka bar per spin. Moral of story here: Try to get Super Spinner stacked with a playfield multiplier and then then RIP away!!

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from alphadiesel:

I finally achieved more than two golden tickets, and ended up with 4!!! I just needed Wonkavater to get into Pure Imagination! 25million + game! Check out my twitch clip of the game on default settings! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/929877382[quoted image]

Great Game!! Epic ending!! Crazy
5x playfield and super spinner is BIG Money!
I loved the double gobstopper jackpot. Which ended up getting you the Golden Ticket. That was HUGE!!
Great MSM also!!

I had a problem with Wonkavator Golden ticket at first also. I had to change my style of play. Because of the shots required. I had to slow it down and do a lot of cradling. On stage 3 , you have to alternate with shoot a jackpot and then captive and repeat....... then the shots rotate and make you hit a hard shot, which means you most likely have to break up your cradle.
That captive ball shot makes it tough!!

This game is awesome!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.