• Standard 118 votes
    28%
  • Limited Edition 223 votes
    52%
  • Collectors Edition 86 votes
    20%

(427 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,032 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0250 (resized).jpg
20210117_232341[11927] (resized).jpg
DSC_3348 (resized).JPG
4851CF27-AD72-40E3-A1C3-CF532CE90B10 (resized).jpeg
4CE01672-E56A-4D70-8A33-0E224FDB993C.jpeg
44631CDA-F68B-42CF-B8FB-C3AA99804AB7.jpeg
8CB93C05-5CAA-4804-9105-D6E294859444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6390 (resized).jpg
IMG_6653 3 (resized).JPG
switchadjust (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2021-01-09 002359 (resized).png
Screenshot 2021-01-09 000418 (resized).png
IMG_3662 (resized).jpg
IMG_1665 (resized).jpg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1668 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (1 year ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjruser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1071 1 year ago

Hi All,

If you edit the CE list to remove the LE features, then below is just added features on the CE. While I'd love to join the fancy-dancy club of LE owners, I think 3k is just too much. Perhaps a 2k jump like the difference going from SE to LE would have 'felt' more appropriate.

• Candy Red cabinet armor, legs, and wireforms -> LE is BLUE so this is preference not really an added feature.
• Exclusive playfield artwork with sparkle
• Exclusive cabinet artwork and mirrored backglass
• Exclusive apron artwork
• 3D Wonkatania™ lit topper
• Everlasting Gobstopper™ shooter knob
• Red Most Secret Machine™
• Numbered brass CE plaque (1 - 500)
• RadCals
• PinBlades™
• Laser-cut rule card
• Apron plate signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi
• More surprises!

Can't wait to get one!

Cheers,
Mike

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You had me at 'Laser-cut rule card'.
While I agree that the cost seems unjustifiable, I've already convinced myself it's the model I want and that's all I needed. In for a CE!

I doubt you will regret your decision!

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have ideas for a topper on the LE? Putting my LE in a room full of games with toppers and I'm a sucker for consistency.

ebay.com link » Tall Brown Willy Wonka Dickens Caroler Steampunk Coachman Top Hat Topper Costume

Goes on your head, it could go on the top of a pinball too.

I like the lunchbox too, might have to get that if I ever go back to grade school. I'd finally be the tallest kid in class.

ebay.com link » Willy Wonka Tin Carry Lunch Box

#1125 1 year ago

Hi All,

Super excited to go play Willy Wonka tonight at the PinBall Lounge along with enjoying a beer or three! I'm honestly really hoping that it will still be at the top of our wishlist after playing it tonight. They have a lot of good pins so the competition will be fierce. But as a TZ owner, a new PL with 4 flippers is going to be pretty tough to beat in my book.

https://www.facebook.com/thepinballlounge/

Cheers!
Mike

#1161 1 year ago

Hi All,

Finally got to play WW standard edition last night, it's a pretty machine. I found it quite fun and played it about a dozen times before it got busy and there was a line waiting to play it. It's been on the floor for 2 weeks and just like our IM there is dimpling on the playfield which can only be seen if you look closely backward down the field. Very low scoring machine the high score was just 8 million and the daily high score was 1.4 million. I didn't break a million on any of my games. The skill shot is difficult to understand, that was the only real issue I had with it. Still on the top of my list for our next machine for sure.

Cheers!
Mike

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I have an LE on order. Are you using the JJP balls or upgrading to something else?

I seriously doubt that JJP is including some kind of substandard balls, I'd just replace them when the time comes. Since it's a new pinball you'll likely play it a lot, to begin with. Keep an eye on them and replace them in 6 months or sooner if you see signs of ware.

#1174 1 year ago

Hello All,

Do you think they will sell all 5000 LE's?

Cheers!
Mike

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think the SE is so good it will cut into LE sales.
If they sell 5000 altogether that would be big fo JJP

romulusx I agree, I played the SE..did not feel like I was missing much (not having played an LE). Played the standard version of Iron Maiden, I did miss the features on that compared to the premium. It was missing 3 things vs just one on WW.

Thanks! We just got Iron Maiden and it's going to take a while before the 'boss' will authorize more money for another new pin so soon.

Cheers!
Mike

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, I don't think you have to have a sense of urgency, if you're wanting an LE. I'll probably wait a year or 2 before I get one, at this point.

Thanks for the replies all. Glad to hear we don't have to worry about getting one asap!

Cheers,
Mike

#1204 1 year ago

Hi LE owners,

Can you give us your thoughts on the Wonkavator? Cool must have or ok?

Thank you
Mike

#1243 1 year ago

Hello All,

Now that some of you have gotten your hands on Wonka, how do you feel about it compared with the favorite machine in YOUR collection?

Thoughts and the other pins name please. Your other favorite pin gives us a bit of insight into your thoughts on Wonka perhaps?

Thanks!
Mike

#1250 1 year ago

Sweeeeet!

EDIT: I shouldn't be jealous..but I am Grats!

#1263 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback, glad everyone is having fun!

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from SaintJonus:

The autographed posted looks awesome! Perfect compliment to my SE and I finally got a Pat Lawlor autograph : ) Thank you so much dannunz!

Did you have it custom framed or were you able to find one that fits at like walmart or something?

Thanks
Mike

#1396 1 year ago

The CE's of other machines seem to be hard to locate even though new in box pro's and LE are still available. I wouldn't have much trouble believing they are almost sold out. Except for a few QC issues, JJP has a good record for innovative machines, so buying sight unseen is also believable. I see pictures of folks with everyone one of the JJP's pinballs proudly lined up in their basement.

Cheers,
Mike

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just got LE #157 today. Was there a certificate enclosed with these? If so we didn’t get one...

How long ago did you order?

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Around when it was announced and we got it today. It’s born on date was 2 days ago

It's a fun machine, congratulations on your new baby.

#1558 1 year ago

Damn, I wish PinStadiums were priced more fairly they are about 60+- dollars worth of parts in quantity.

#1577 1 year ago

Mirror blades FTW, really like those on Wonka.

#1613 1 year ago

I'd like to say that WW seems to be hitting all the notes and is a top 10 pin at least for now.

2019-08-06_0-20-45 (resized).png
#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my distributor is replacing my Wonka!

Darn, I hate to see this happening! What a truly unfortunate thing, Mirco has a problem and it's laying at the feet of JJP and dragging down their greatness. I don't know what to say other than I'm just sad.

1 year later
#5841 5 months ago

Hello,

I'm love Iron Maiden but the kid in me must have Wonka sitting next to our TZ. So I'm going to be selling Maiden to get a Wonka LE.

What's the status of playfields coming out of the factory at this time? Maiden has thousands of (nearly) invisible dimples but no pooling or anything.

I hope JJ has playfield issues under control and it's safe to pull the trigger now?

Thank you and best regards,
Mike

#5844 5 months ago

Thank you both for your replies! I'm super happy to hear things have improved!!!

Iron maiden is a terrific game, deep rule set that will take a long long time to complete. TZ is similar, we owned it for over 20 year before I got lost in the zone...though many years it was in storage.

I'm 57 but a kid at heart..all 7 years in Florida I had my disney annual pass and wanted to go more than the kids... So Wonka is more my style.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 337.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjruser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside