IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5639 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meri-cah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10685 2 years ago

Just ordered a brand new LE. Shipping tomorrow and hope to have it next week. Game looks pretty amazing and it will go well with my current line up.

Looking forward to joining the club. I’ve been in the hobby and work on/refurbish/rebuild old machines along with enjoy new ones.

Any tips or tricks are appreciated. Thanks all!

1 week later
#10715 2 years ago

Just set up my new build Wonka LE. Built 12/2021.

Question….. my sound in very very tinny. Very high pitch. No bass and very uncomfortable to listen to. Couldn’t find anywhere in the settings for sounds control. I have WoZ and DI along with several other machines and none sound this terrible.

Does Wonka just have horrible audio or anyone think there’s a problem? All speakers are working, just very high treble in all including the sub

#10719 2 years ago

I have sound. And when I go into test menu and choose each sound I can hear it. Just very faint.

I have an extra powered sub. What’s the best way to hook it into JJP games? I’ve only done it with my sterns.

Thanks fellas. Appreciate all the help.

#10721 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Something is not right if it's very faint.
My suggestions of things to look at:
- Pull the bezel and pull the monitor forward
- Confirm the audio jack is firmly seated in the motherboard and in the right hole
- Check the audio filter (right side of the backbox) - is it also plugged in securely at both ends? Does bypassing it improve the sound but add noise? If so replace it.
- Check the audio feeding into the amplifier (inside the silver box, leftmost board) - plugged in securely there also?
- Does audio work properly from headphones plugged into the front panel audio jack?

Appreciate this. I’ll look more into it tomorrow. I know the sound can’t be this bad. My other JJP games are good. This is terrible. I’m sure it’s something simple.

2 weeks later
#10953 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Having issues with the gobstopper switch getting stuck. Tried bending the switch a little tighter but it still not flexing enough to activate the switch. Tried tightening the spring a bit too with no resolution. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This has been a constant issue with my brand new build 12/2021. Just received it 2 weeks ago. Spoke with Ken at JJP who is awesome and he said to bend it slightly so it stays under the gobstopper part. It works for a few games, but the switch on these micro switches are memory metal so they slowly go back. Now the switch is completely dead and no way to activate the gobstopper. Once powered on I get the alert. Manually adjusting the switch I can hear the clicking just fine however it still shows stuck open on alerts. So if your switch is constantly getting hit when it gets stuck while playing it will fail pretty quick.

I literally just sent Ken an email an hour ago along with filling out the form on JJP website.

Unfortunately there is no adjustment on the screws that hold the switch in place. It is where it is. My thought is to adhere a small thin piece of metal that maybe protrudes out the top of the gobstopper target so the switch can’t get stuck.

Frustrating common issue with a brand new game. It’ll get fixed but not until I get a replacement switch.

#10968 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

On mine, with the stock factory setup of post and rubber between the inlanes, I will have the ball stick when going down the outside inlane if it is rolling slowly. Flipping the left flipper will move it along. When I put the outlane post in and have rubber on it, there is no way a ball will go down at all.
So, I'm in the can only have rubber on one post group.
Also, I can't for the life of me get the plastic cover off the one outlane post hole. Any suggestions?

For me to get that plastic cover off, I lifted and slid the playfield out of the game to the 2nd balance point on the service bars. I was then able to tap a smaller screwdriver from under the playfield to raise up that black cover.

#10983 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hi all - about 3 weeks into my WW LE ownership- I have noticed two issues so far, my kickback being one- every so often the kickback misses- as in does not kick the ball back, it goes back into the shooter laner= The other is my gobstopper switch- from time to time on startup I get an error message regarding my gobstopper switch, but it seems to function ok? I have my machine leveled at 6.5 and is even side to side-

Look back just a few posts for many issues regarding the gobstopper switch. It takes much adjusting on some games. Seems like these new ones that just got delivered (mine included) have issues with this switch. I’m waiting for a replacement switch at the moment. Coming up with a crude fix in the meantime so it doesn’t happen again. If it all works out I’ll post.

1 month later
#11307 1 year ago

First time collecting all the golden tickets and making it to pure imagination. Pretty cool. My son was more excited than anything. Good times. Put up $30million

1 week later
#11338 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I miss the wonka standard I had and am
Thinking about buying a nib LE. How are the playfields on the latest batch holding up?

Playfields are perfect. I got one 2 months ago from a January 2022 build. All is well. JJP added washers to prevent any issues. Go ahead and order if you can find one.

2 weeks later
#11425 1 year ago

Ok all. I know it’s a little crude but it works flawlessly. I’ve had this installed for over a month with zero issues and the target works 100% of the time.

If you have issues with your micro switch on the gobstopper this is what I did:

Removed the front plate assembly. Only had to remove the two springs and 3 hex screws.

I used a dremel and cut a small piece off of a razor blade. I wanted the thinnest, smallest and strongest piece of metal available to me. I probably could have cut it more straight.

I put a dab of super glue and adhered it to the back of the metal plate where it touches the switch when assembled.

That’s it. Every gobstopper hit counts perfectly. No more hitting the target and nothing happens. No more stuck switch open on main menu.

I have a 12/2021 build Wonka LE and I know others have had issues. Take it or leave it, you can barely see it during game play and it works!

3F399DA2-05BE-4F28-B121-D5BAA4BACB64.jpeg3F399DA2-05BE-4F28-B121-D5BAA4BACB64.jpeg
#11427 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

All you gotta do to fix that issue is fix the floppy switch arm. No need for 3d prints or other tacked on hacks.
A tiny piece of e-tape jammed into the switch body fixed this permanently for me. 12K plays and it's still holding.

I tried a lot of other options. Nothing worked out on my machine.

2 months later
#11841 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

What's the quick-and-dirty solution to my kickback not firing? It'll (maybe) work one out of 10 times.

As others have said, check the alignment first. Then check and make sure it has a coil sleeve!! Finally had some time today to troubleshoot mine. Couldn’t figure out how my Dialed In was working perfectly but my Wonka kickback sucked. No matter what timing or strength I had in the menu settings. Then I watched it closely several times with the glass off manually rolling a ball. Seemed wiggly. Upon further inspection there was NO COIL SLEEVE! This is a brand new game with a 12/2021 build. I am the original owner and toon delivery a few months ago. Brand new in box.

After adding the coil sleeve that was supposed to be there, it now works perfect!

1 month later
#12225 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Wow I'm super pleased that this Gate mod has struck a chord with so many of you! I'm doing my best to keep up with the orders and looking forward to you early adopters' feedback! THANKS!

Gate mod is fantastic!! Install was simple. Took all of about 2 minutes. Now no more cheap ass drains from the pop bumpers. So silly that this wasn’t done from the factory just like the Augustus gloop one way gate. Perfect and thank you!!

2 months later
#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Yeah my current grand champion had factory tour and kid tickets. Was half way towards wonkavator ticket and that’s when I decided I didn’t know how to play pinball anymore and lost it all. Tragic.
Have you got to pure imagination?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve got to pure imagination twice. One time beat it up. Put up 39 million. Second time screwed the pooch on the mode but still put up 36 mil. Both times gave me tingles! Super cool mode

2 months later
#12727 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I can’t take credit for this solution as I think I read something similar here somewhere in this thread a while ago. I took the square end of an Exacto knife blade (used a vice and pliers for a clean break), and a small dab of some crazy glue to extend a little arm so that switch roll stays below. Obviously be very careful with the glue. I just extended enough to catch so there really is very little pressure on it in those quick moments when the ball strikes.
IMO - it has worked amazingly well. It takes 5 minutes and completely looks like part of the machine. I hope this helps.
[quoted image]

Yes. I did this and posted it a while back. It’s been on my game now for almost a year and zero issues. Every switch hit works and it never stays open. Simple easy fix that works

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 32.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meri-cah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.