IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mavantix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 5 years ago

I'm in. My first NIB pin!!

2 weeks later
#431 4 years ago

My JJP support experiences have been hit or miss. Most recently, no reply to emails from a week ago. Their handling of the WOZ lighting issues is less than stellar.

2 months later
#1366 4 years ago

So they’re all faulty troughs. Got it.

My local location Wonka is down waiting for a replacement trough/opto board.

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

so I’ll ask again...lol. Did any LE owners get a certificate??

Unboxed LE #57 today, born date 07-26-2019, no certificate just the plate you attach with the black screws at the top of the backbox.

#1568 4 years ago

I had a problem with the gobstopper subway constantly firing the sideways kicker coil underneath. Turns out one of the opto's had popped off (they just clip into holes in the metal) and so game thought a ball was there all the time. Easy fix, if it happens again I might try securing it better with hot glue.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, here's mine in a dimly lit room, start button pushed. A little dark in the middle, but not too bad.
I also posted a picture of the rubber on my left inlane. I trimmed it slightly to keep the ball from getting stuck.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm seeing an LED strip under the back of the cabinet, one in the trough, and mirror blades. Anything else Lermods ? I'm thinking of adding some lighting to my LE and like what you have, maybe add two spot lights to the middle playfield area. Wonka is a little dark, definitely not WoZ dark though.

#1841 4 years ago

Diverter is broke on the Ocelot Brewing Wonka too, doesn't work at all.

#1855 4 years ago

I powered Wonka on, changed the system time (it was a little fast), and left it in attract mode while updating WoZ and the backbox screen went black around midnight... probably a time based bug with rolling back time if someone is inclined to test around tomorrow at midnight. Power cycled and it seems to be alive again.

#2012 4 years ago

Trough test show issues?

#2042 4 years ago

Sad you got downvoted, you’re not wrong. Mine didn’t arrive with the clear damage, but here we are a few weeks later. Clear on these playfields is soft and seemingly uncured.

AE88937D-F602-4188-8C2A-D0931946FF1B (resized).jpegAE88937D-F602-4188-8C2A-D0931946FF1B (resized).jpeg9F0B0A77-5EE7-48EE-925A-8AD3D45103D0 (resized).jpeg9F0B0A77-5EE7-48EE-925A-8AD3D45103D0 (resized).jpegA332D47A-A33B-4607-B7A3-934348974851 (resized).jpegA332D47A-A33B-4607-B7A3-934348974851 (resized).jpegAFF115E7-57ED-46E4-8B1B-35025AEB1586 (resized).jpegAFF115E7-57ED-46E4-8B1B-35025AEB1586 (resized).jpeg
#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is that a tear? I can relate...
How did that happen???

The bottom of the apron pealed the clear and base coat color up from the factory. I only noticed it because I removed the apron to install some trough up lighting. Sucks. As I said these issues aren't present when they ship per-say, because I suspect the clear coat is still curing and pliable, the pressure on the clear is damaging them over time. You can see the ripples in front of the star posts are more significant in the direction the rubber pulls them. Not my expectation for a $10k pinball machine.

LTG am I correct in assuming JJP won't be addressing these issues for owners?

4 weeks later
#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Still dealing with very frequent reset issues... it doesn't appear to be software related.. rolled back from 1.14 to 1.06, tried 1.13.. reseated all the cables in the backbox.. still does it maybe 1/5-10 games.

I was playing wonkavator multiball when it did it to me yesterday. Whole game went dark and rebooted. Like someone hit the reset button on the power supply. Over current protection? Has JJP support been helpful knockerlover ?

1 year later
#6831 3 years ago

Anyone else still waiting for their warranty Wonka playfields? I opened my case with JJP over a year ago, have checked on status since, told "I'm still on the list"...but still continue to wait with no updates! Mine is so bad the apron even dug into the clear down to the bare wood from the factory. I brought in my vendor (PinballStar) to the conversation, hoping they could leverage their relationship with JJP, and really no help from them either. Really disappointing for my first NIB pinball purchase, and honestly overlooked GNR because of it. Just trying to gauge if this is normal support for NIB warranty issues? I recall seeing some receive their replacements, but anyone recently? Feel free to PM me if you rather.

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The reality of this is that the playfield manufacturer controls the timeline not JJP.

The reality is I didn’t buy a brand new $10k warrantied pinball machine from a single playfield manufacturer.

#6838 3 years ago

Yes but a single playfield manufacturer is involved and is the one making the replacement playfields. That's what it comes down to in the end.

PinballStar still advertises Wonka’s for sale, so there must be new playfields available? Someone is making GNR playfields. Perhaps we should all contact Mirco and ask where our playfields are?? Better yet, why isn’t JJP doing that?

#6844 3 years ago

I just came here looking for answers since the email chain direct with PinballStar and JJP has been radio silent, sans my one status inquiry in the entire time...I have been very patiently waiting. You can look through my entire post history, I've never once questioned this experience here, or anywhere public. I didn't come here to start a fight, but put yourself in my place though, and imagine this was the factory tour you got with your winning golden ticket?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure we've met yet you use my real name...who are you?

#6847 3 years ago

Steve Zamonski
You and I have talked and emailed several times. I have answered your questions on this issue before.

Ahh. Thanks for all the info. Yep, you sure have, the last two emails I have from you on Oct 23, 2019 and Aug 25, 2020 ... looking forward to the resolution.

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A better analogy would be:
"We're sorry the tires we shipped your car didn't last as expected. Please continue to drive until they are bare, and then replace them with this complimentary set."

So you'd accept a brand new car with a bubble in the sidewall of the front tire, and keep driving it around? Not a great analogy. Even still, how many car manufactures do you know take over a year to replace a defective tire on a brand new car, and would you have to install it yourself? I think not.

Pictured is clear coat damage caused by pressure from the apron, my game arrived this way...the clear so soft it literally rolled the clear and paint back. Has all the common post bubbles as well.

IMG_4453 (resized).jpgIMG_4453 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mavantix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=mavantix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.