IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6476 3 years ago

I have been wanting to join the club for a while now. I am deciding between the LE (if I can find one) and a CE.

Two questions:
Is the CE playfield sparkle very noticeable? I have not been able to find any picture comparisons between the non sparkle LE and sparkle CE.
Can anyone post a picture of the "red most secret machine" vs the standard one? Again, I haven't been able to find a comparison pic.

And for those that own a CE, can you please share what made you choose it vs an LE? Perhaps the sparkle playfield and red most machine? lol.

Thanks!

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Red secret machine disc. It's easier to see when it's lit.
[quoted image]

The red is not as much of a differentiator as I imagined. Thanks for the pic!

#6482 3 years ago

What kind of mods (if any) are recommended?

#6484 3 years ago

Do you have any on yours?

2 weeks later
#6679 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a CE! Loving it!

The game is a little darker than I prefer. And I like to play in the dark.

Thanks for the pics ceterumnet

So is NEO the way to go on the pinstadiums? Has anyone tried the Neo Fusion?

Thanks!

16058481181124171790863582122292 (resized).jpg16058481181124171790863582122292 (resized).jpg

#6706 3 years ago

What's the consensus of when the pf issues were fixed?

I just noticed my newly arrived CE has the same birthday month and day as me! Must be meant to be. Lol

#6730 3 years ago

After a few games on my NIB Wonka, I felt my left my flipper was weak. I could barely make it up the right ramp on a perfect shot. I tried to increase the coil strength to max in the settings and even adjusted the switch thinking it may engage too early. None of that worked.

I was getting frustrated until I noticed the coil was missing it's sleeve so there was too much wiggle room. I would have never thought it would be missing a sleeve on a NIB JJP pin! Thank goodness I had a spare. Works great now!

Posting this just in case, someone else notices weak flippers right out of the box.

#6753 3 years ago

A couple of random questions:

- I installed some NEOs and wanted to check how everyone's flasher connection to the shaker motor is working. Is something suppose to happen when my shaker motor goes off? My lights don't flash at all when the shaker motor is going. Is it suppose to? I assume it should, but I am a newbie relative to pinstadiums. And where are you guys plugging in the GI and Flashers? Any different locations than what the instructions recommended?

- Is the Oompa Loompa mode suppose to be that dark? I like to play with no lights on and can barely see the balls in that mode and my NEOs are off in that mode.

- Again with the dark room, the picture taken at the end is also very dark because the game turn off all the pf lights when you are entering your initials. On my DI, even with all the room lights off, the glow of the playfield provides enough light to take a decent pic. Any suggestions other than to turn on some dang lights?

I have been putting a lot games on WW, and it's even better than I thought!

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I agree 100% that Oompa Loompa odyssey is too dark. I dim my game room lights so that the lights in the machine are the primary light source. It’s darn near impossible to see the balls during Oompa Loompa odyssey under this lighting condition. The playfield lights cycle red and green and the G.I. lighting flashes only briefly during the mode. I’ve resorted to placing a spotlight above my wonka that I turn on Whenever I get Oompa Loompa odyssey going. It definitely helps.
Wish the JJP team would consider reprogramming the G.I. to remain on during this mode on a future code update.
As far as your neos go I have them on mine as well and have the secondary light source connected to my shaker motor. Bear in mind your secondary light source is the UV light. So the UV light is what is flashing with the shaker motor not the main leds. It’s a subtle but I think an effective effect.

Glad to know I am not the only one that thinks it's too dark. Fingers crossed they will fix it in an updated code.

I didn't realize the secondary was UV lights. It makes sense now.

Thanks!

#6780 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the right most golden ticket?

Thx!

20201130_190207 (resized).jpg20201130_190207 (resized).jpg
#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Steve says Play Better!

I set myself up for that one!

Seriously though, what needs to be completed in the game to get that last golden ticket? Anyone?

#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that is the Wonkavator Golden Ticket. I got 4 tickets once, and that was the one I couldn't finish.

I wish the golden tickets were labeled.

#6793 3 years ago

I am still pretty new to Wonka... But I am almost positive my lights lit up 1,2,4 and then 3. But I was so excited perhaps I remember incorrectly.

Has anyone gotten all the tickets here?

#6803 3 years ago

How much magnet action is everyone getting? There are 7 in the game. Feeding the left upper flipper is the obvious one, and I sometimes get action on the left mid side, but I don't recall ever sensing magnet action anywhere else.

Thoughts?

#6806 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I've had some crazy things happen. Once, the magnets apparently grabbed the ball (which was headed SDTM) and threw it back up into the Gobstopper hole, starting multiball!
Of course, there have also been times where a ball NOT headed STDM got halted or shifted by the magnets and then went straight down instead. Pinball!

Wow! Is there a magnet adjustment setting? Mine barely changes the trajectory and it definitely has never been strong enough to throw it back up the pf.

#6822 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Straight from Eric M at JJP -
The order of lights is: 1 - 2 - 5 - 3 - 4

Here is a pic of my second bar lit before the others. I am so confused. Perhaps it's random?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca_share_media1607189165161_6741039944192242509 (resized).jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca_share_media1607189165161_6741039944192242509 (resized).jpeg
#6823 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I think that’s a pretty good thought! So I played several games last night and today and even w the stadiums off, the playfield is darker than I feel it should be during the mode.

I agree it's too dark. And I normally play with no ambient light. This mode pushed me over the edge to get my first set of NEOs. And guess what? The way I wired it, the NEOs don't even come on in the mode.

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So on the topic of Golden Tickets....on my game they light up (from left to right)....1, 2, 5, 4, 3 ..... I got all 5 tickets last night. In the final Pure Imagination mode u apparently u need 10 jackpots, but I only got 6 before draining.

Congrats on Pure Imagination! Seems like everyone's tickets are lighting up in different patterns...making me think each ticket does represent a specific accomplishment.

3 weeks later
#7018 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I did the same thing, but only on one side. I’ve never had this problem before. I’m ordering protectors...

Doesn't the CE come with side protectors? Mine did.

#7020 3 years ago

Here is what came with my NIB CE. They were placed inside the cabinet, I was surprised to find them in there. Perhaps it's something JJP just started?

20210102_004957 (resized).jpg20210102_004957 (resized).jpg
#7023 3 years ago

Has anyone had to adjust their camera? My Dialed In camera is great, the pics are nice and sharp. My Wonka camera takes grainy pics. Is this normal? If not, what's the fix? In settings, I found the 1-5 setting, but I didn't think that was the correct adjustment. Thanks for any help.

#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

How lit is the room you are playing in? If the room is dark, or even dim, then the camera cannot focus and also the pictures it does try to take (by compensating and adjusting its internal ISO) will be grainy and most likely take on an orangish or incandescent hue.
Light is king when it comes to pictures of any sort. Natural or otherwise it has to be there for these small type camera sensors to be optimum.
Types of light, white balance and kelvin scale nonsense that's a whole other conversation.
r/
Mike

Good points. My DILE is in the same room and it's night and day (pardon the weak lighting joke) (which also could be a joke as well depending how you read it. It could be weak lighting or a weak joke or both . Probably both. lol)

But seriously, I asked the question because both games are in the same room with same lighting conditions and my DILE is much sharper.

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Seriously? Crap.. if I discover I have them in my cab I’m going to be even more annoyed.

I am dying to know if you found them inside the cab?!?

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

My CE showed up today. First NIB pin, so I took my time unpacking and setting it up. Enjoying the whole process and taking it all in.
I have a small tear on the left side art blade. For something like this do I just open a ticket directly with JJP or contact the distributor?
It did come with side protectors for the art blades, which I used before raising the playfield. The left side ramp is really tight against the side.
Wife and I played it for a couple of hours tonight, totally enjoying it. There's a lot going on. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! The CE is beautiful!

When I got mine, it also came with a tear on the left art blade. I contacted my distributor and then got a new one sent to me directly from JJP. You shouldn't have a problem getting that resolved. Enjoy!

#7130 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I believe DI has a few LED lamps in the apron that are synced with the camera to act as a flash, and I can only speak for the SE that this lacking in WWCF.

Never thought of that!

#7133 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Correct the flash topper on the DI SE was used for that purpose

Any idea why that wasn't carried over to WW? Can someone confirm DI and Wonka use the same camera?

1 month later
#7811 3 years ago

Figment Did you check inside your CE pin for the blades? That's where mine were.

4 weeks later
#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Made these flipper decals tonight! The JJP logo on the top of the flipper makes them a bit wonky, but it still looks better than the flat yellow, in my opinion. So I’ve uploaded the file to my Dropbox link and I HAVE EXTRAS! First 5 people to PM me their address will get them fo’ free!**. I actually used a different design on my personal machine that was a bit derivative and therefore I didn’t feel comfortable sharing that one. So I’d love to see what this design looks like installed on a game!
**If you got a Fizzy Lifting Drink decal, please still feel free to PM me. I will prioritize others first, but if I don’t get a huge response, I will slot you into the list!
[quoted image]

Thanks @Camvr2013! I think they look great!

167855738_2909153889408408_8664566452311356410_n (resized).jpg167855738_2909153889408408_8664566452311356410_n (resized).jpg
2 months later
#8896 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

My game has been stuck on this screen for over an hour, I’ve pressed every button and I can’t get out of the screen and I don’t feel like I should restart it. Any advice?
[quoted image]

What did you end up doing? Did the update go through?

3 weeks later
#9038 2 years ago

Finally hit PURE IMAGINATION!

Such an awesome game!

1 month later
#9378 2 years ago

Looking to add a 3d Wonkavator on my Ce.

Does anyone have any opinions on whether to get the ModCouple one or the interactive Lermod's one. Both look pretty good. But Lermod's spinning top is making me lean it's way.

2 weeks later
#9454 2 years ago

Can someone pls post a pic of the Lermods Wonkavator installed? The orientation of the screw holes seems off to me. I must not be positioning it correctly. Thanks!

#9456 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just installed mine on a standard looks great - do you have standard or LE/CE?

I have an LE/CE. The recommended location of mod placement makes the Wonkavator lean quite a bit. I was hoping to be able to attach it in a more upright position. Thanks for responding.

Any LE/CE owners willing to share an up close pic of it installed?

#9460 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I show how I installed it on my LE in the mod videos I did last year.

That's a very nice video. So the problem I am running into is this. On my Wonkavator, I have two screw tabs. I can't find an area where there are 2 screws that I can use.

My second issue is that if I just use one of them (like in your video) the slope of the ramp makes my Wonkavator very tilted. And for my OCD, I can't handle it.

Any thoughts on either of my issues? I keep thinking I am missing something really basic.

241813765_238463088127478_7210116695340623315_n (resized).jpg241813765_238463088127478_7210116695340623315_n (resized).jpg241845052_192266429670061_4142192702268986537_n (resized).jpg241845052_192266429670061_4142192702268986537_n (resized).jpg
#9463 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure which I have but it fits perfectly and lines up with one on the plastic and it lights up
[quoted image]

That looks nice. Can you post a close up of how it screws in?

#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I definitely would not mount it like that, that tab will potentially break off hanging like that. I’d use the other tab, or are you saying if you use the other tab over that screw, it points down? You can place it over any playfield screw, or even use doubled-side mounting tape (3m) on the bottom and place it over a plastic. We added that second tab on the right side specifically to fit the LE. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

The mod itself is great. Just trying to figure out how best to mount it. The double tabs threw me off. And using the screw on either tabs, makes the wonkavator kind of "wonky" and not plumb.

If I use the other tab over the same screw, the "door" to the wonkavator no longer points towards the front of the pin (the player) and I can see the light/wires inside the wonkavator. I think I am going to just use some double sided mounting tape to adhere it to the plastic and not use any of the screws. May look a little weird having 2 tabs that are not being used but it would solve my issues of not seeing the wires inside and it would be plumb.

Perhaps the LE/CE version should not have any screw tabs and just mounting tape....just my humble opinion. The mod looks fantastic though!

2 weeks later
#9621 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is there a CE owner who wouldn't mind sending me a few pics? If you could help me out please PM me.

PM sent.

#9633 2 years ago

I need some help. I am used to putting in trough lighting for B/W and Sterns. It is possible to hook up some trough lighting using alligator clips in JJPs? If so, what do I clip them to?

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

A question for the Wonka CE owners. Watching a TNT Amusements video from last year where they unbox an LE, inside the envelope stuck to the box the game came in was a padded envelope that contained the LE serial number plaque. Was the CE packaged the same way with a similar plate?

Yes.

8 months later
#11588 1 year ago

I have had Wonka for a while now and love the game. How much magnet action is everyone seeing? I rarely notice it. I have started to wonder if there was something wrong with my magnets.

Is there a particular mode where it comes more into play?

#11598 1 year ago

Hmmm... so it sounds like there are pins out there where the ball get affected a lot and some like mine and naf where it's barely noticeable.

So Zaphx and chillme, is it happening all the time or which modes is it happening in?

#11600 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Ours is similar to yours - only a slight effect on the ball compared to DI or WOZ.

I wonder if there is a way to increase the effect on the ball. I would love to see more magnet action in the middle of the playfield.

#11604 1 year ago

Thanks all for the input.

Sounds like I am right where I should be.

1 week later
#11754 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Nice! I just got Freight confirmation my NIB will not arrive until 7/13!!! I've already bought all the Mods that I need except the 3D interactive Wonkavator. I want to see the value added with that once I get my machine.
So, Question to all:
1) Playfields hold up well? Do we need to buy the Mylar to put under posts? Kinda like the ones PinMonk offers (https://pinmonk.com/products/mylar-rings-small-x-10)
2) What other items do you recommend to buy to protect this awesome JJP game?
Has anyone purchased lermods Full Translight kit? Looks simple, but effective to show the translight. I cannot tell the difference from Warm White to Cool White. I'm guessing if you want a pop use Cool white?
(https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-full-translight/v/WWCF-FULL-TRNSLGHT-FLL-TRN)

The 3D interactive wonkavator is awesome. I really like mine as it immediately draws your attention directly to it when it's on. I also recommend the full translight kit (cool white). I have them on all my JJPs. I like being able to see all the finer details and colors. Both are good mods IMHO.

Welcome to the club!

1 year later
#13448 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Julie is the actress who played veruca salt - she does the call outs too.

I thought it was automatic. It's a setting on the CE?

2 months later
#13675 3 months ago
Quoted from mummite:

Today I replaced my first CR2032 battery on the CPU for my Wonka. It was a bit nerve racking, but I did not want to deal with jump starting the machine when the battery died. Instructions was simple to follow and having the tape on the battery removal and getting the new one in is a must step. I used a top-quality energizer lithium battery. Hoping this one lasts a good few years.
I will be honest I did not know this was a thing with JJP games until I saw it called out in another JJP thread. Definitely brings peace of mind knowing it's swapped for a new one. Will have to do my TS4 next year.

Can you post instructions please?

1 week later
#13697 88 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Has anyone replaced upgraded to the new IO board on Wonka? I updated my GNR and the change was so radical that I was thinking of also swapping out the Wonka IO board...
Was curious to see if it the same night and day experience/

Please elaborate on the radical difference. What exactly got better when you switched it out? Thx

2 months later
#13933 9 days ago

For those with a CE, do your undercab lights turn off once you start a game?

I just noticed in attract mode, the lights are on, but once I hit the start button they turn off. Is this normal or is this a setting?

#13939 8 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just turned my Wonka on this morning and nothing’s coming up. Power is going to the board but game isn’t booting monitor isn’t turning on where to start? I Used the paperclip to get it booting up, but still stuck on the F1 load screen.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I literally went through this last night. Pm me and I can walk you through it.

#13947 5 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Added some RGB lighting for the back of the playfield courtesy of Hooked On Pinball. I changed up the install procedure a bit, and rather than installing the strip under the plastic glass channel, I applied it to the backboard of the playfield. I 3D printed a diffuser for the light strip and it works well to brighten up the back of the playfield, yet can’t be seen directly from the players position. It’s tied into the GI RGBs, so it keeps up with the light show during play.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. How did you tie into the GI?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.