IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

557 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 3.
#98 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Sucks that you need a $45 ticket that sold out to see the seminar.

Since I only found out on Monday I'm being sent there. I hope I can sneak in.

Otherwise Saturday before the show I can clean the glass on it. Then I'll get a peek.

LTG : )

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The prototypes all went back to Chicago to be used for programming and then dispersed for the other shows coming up in the next few weeks

I wish they'd send me one so I can start learning it for tech support.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What is that you say LTG?

I said the sooner I have a game the sooner I can learn and get familiar with it before tech calls start coming in. Once they start showing them I'm supposed to get one. So the sooner the better.

Lloyd

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’m sure someone here knows the best way to clean Invisiglass?

I use Sprayway glass cleaner in a spray can. Spray on a microfiber cloth, then wipe the glass down.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is it bad I want to buy them before I even get my game.

No. That way you are all set. No worrying if they are sold out or delayed because of all the orders.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I want to play this.

Shouldn't that picture be, "I Wonka it now ! " ?

1 month later
#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure if the first batch is Homeowners. I think its operators and locations

I don't know. Just hope they remember the tech support guys.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That means another few days before we see the "required traditional cartwheel" for shipping.

I'm hoping for a double, Jack and Pat.

4 weeks later
#728 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

or not sitting properly on the plunger.

Definitely if the coil sleeve is a tiny bit longer than should it should be.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I'm pressing the Start button and nothing is happening.

Please check Tests - Switches - Matrixed, does it work there ? If no then check the switch, wiring, nearby connectors, etc. Do you hear it click when pushing the start button ?

Right number of balls in the game ?

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Keep it away from the slings at all costs. When it’s bouncing between slings you want to be banging upward like a madman to try and get it outta there.

Did you try lowering the power on them a little ?

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

i wish i would have bought a few more after seeing how they look on the game!!!

You can order more than once.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I hate paying shipping twice!

Small price to pay for great mods. For things you know you want. Things that will make your game even more spectacular.

Disclaimer : No, I'm not on commission.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Lloyd? Any thoughts?

Sorry. I don't have the game yet. No way to check or try things.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

but here are some pics of my trough.

Standard ball trough used on Williams games, Remakes, JJP games, etc.

Be sure your playfield is level left to right. Hasn't been an issue on other games.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

can you please contact someone in engineering to verify if something changed?

I'll try.

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I can't believe nobody's suggested a drywall screw...

Ops don't suggest. Ops do.

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Anyone else have this issue?

A couple thoughts. Be sure you don't hold right flipper button when when pressing the start button. Also check in Tests - Dedicated if the right flipper closes and opens correct.

In settings - has it been turned off ?

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

settings it is turned on.

Just to be sure. Check if the settings are the same in the Pirates manual. Page B-34 in the Pirates manual. Both settings need to be set to NO to enable the camera.

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait, is the manual out? URL!

No. I goofed.

#973 4 years ago

Sorry.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But...this is the Wonka thread? Was looking for Wonka manual.

I'm sorry. Most of my tech today has been on Pirates and I'm seeing eye patches and skull and cross bones everywhere.

No Wonka manual yet. Though some settings might be the same as Dialed In and Pirates.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Is this the first LE in the world?

Could be. First one I've heard of. Rumor on Pinside I believe is some were made for export. So yours may well be the first production Willy Wonka LE in the wild.

Congratulations !

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

what’s in the new code?

You can always see the change log at jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess I'd like to see it up close,

The sparkle in the blue rails you have to see in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

DSC00040 (resized).JPGDSC00040 (resized).JPG
#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not seeing stream when does it start?

Might be over.

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If so, where were they?

Two black screws in a plastic bag inside the coin box with the other stuff.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

if anyone had any thoughts

A couple ideas. during game play, does it pull all the way back up to release the ball, or does it sit there ? ( if so the spring on the back of the coil assembly has stretched and doesn't have enough strength to pull the diverter up when a ball is there )

Also could be a timing issue, ball going past the diverter - make sure the next switch it rolls over is working, and not binding on the sides of the playfield slot it rides in or anything that would make it slow.

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

So it is annoying to have to clear that message when turning on the machine

Turn the alert off in settings, so you only see it if you hit the "Enter" diagnostic button.

#1364 4 years ago

I am he - I’m the person you spoke to today.

Well it would have been easier if you emailed him so he could copy and paste it here.

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I know that sounds like a good case of salesmanship but what if she is accurate in her statement?

My experience with Jen is she isn't doing salesmanship when she spoke with you. More information that would be important for you to consider, even if limited on details that could be shared.

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Anybody else find it hard to believe that most of the 500 of the CE models have been sold?

Not when you think about it.

Half go over seas ? That leaves about 250 in the USA. About 5 a state. Not counting distributors who ordered a bunch.

500 seems big until you think about it.

#1407 4 years ago

Game play question to help a customer. You light the golden ticket. What do you have to hit to get it ?

Thank you.

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

best overviews I have seen:

Quoted from Bowlingpin:

To my understanding you don’t light it,

Thank you both for your help !

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I dont know many modern games using EOS switches

Most do. Only it's electronic now so they are normally open and close when the flipper goes up. And the game can compensate if they don't work.

Not like the older games where high power goes through them and cuts when they open.

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Elevated Diverter...not having the manual, I have no clue where this one is. Anyone know?

Diverter under the little building on the left ramp. Goes down to divert the ball and up to let ball go by.

1 week later
#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You should see a leaf switch somewhere near the upper right flipper, see if one of the wires came desoldered. Easy fix if so.

If you don't have a wire off there, check the other three flipper EOS switches for a wire off of one of them.

#1837 4 years ago

Ive emailed Shannan twice in the last week without response...is there anyone else to contact at JJP regarding parts?

Frank the service manage or Steve.

Shannan should be back on Wednesday.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Still cannot update code.

It is a delta update. You might erase all 1.71 from your computer and do a fresh download. I'm on a PC. I download it. Place it on my desktop. It looks like a zipped folder. Left click that once. Right click and send to a USB stick 8GB to 16GB with nothing else on it. Go to the machine with it turned on, insert the USB stick into the cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - USB Update - follow the instructions on the screen. When it says you are done. Remove the USB stick, turn the game off. Wait 10 seconds and turn the game back on. Hit the enter button and check right hand corner of the screen to see what version is in it.

If you are doing that, then try different make USB sticks.

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Pitch37:

Any recommendations?

Please check connectors to Wonkavision, and then to the backbox and motherboard.

#1865 4 years ago

I’ve sent Shannan two emails and Frank one with no responses. What is going on over at JJP???

Shannan was out for a bit and just got back today. Email them again.

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did you see this info Sir?

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Was released on their Facebook page about an hour ago.

Change log and update is on their website. jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Which port does this plug into? My USB extension isn't working so I am unable to update. Would love to know where it plugs into on the computer box!

You should be able to plug it into any empty USB spot on the motherboard.

#1912 4 years ago

Ha, beat you on that one. Take that llyod!

Yes, you got me on that one Chirs !

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Pat decided to take out the posts, but leave the holes,

Later TZ's didn't have the holes.

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I think the only way may be to drill it out.

The hole goes the whole way through the playfield. Stick something up from the bottom and gently push it up and out.

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody had this issue yet?

In over 6 years only one other one I ever heard of was on my WOZ. Looks like it split in half. The red arrows point to tiny welds or rivets.

I marked your voice mail for Frank to get you a new one.

bd8dd7e6a5db61e31a106c23ed4edcfa0ea0846c.jpeg (resized).jpgbd8dd7e6a5db61e31a106c23ed4edcfa0ea0846c.jpeg (resized).jpg
#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

but is there anything special to do to lock it back on?

If you can't knurl the end of the shaft and press on. Try super glue or 5 minute epoxy.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

ball getting temporarily stuck in the Gobstopper lock?

Turn power up on it.

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

After I installed the 1.13 update using the USB Key.

When game restarted it still said 1.08

Didn't update. Something went wrong.

now the "Enter" button causes game to restart

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'd start over. Do a full install of the operating system. Follow directions carefully for a full install on the website. USB stick 8GB to 16GB.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

So, is there a recommended starting point for JJP, and specifically Wonka?

I use 6 1/2 degrees.

#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I did that, now nothing works.

You killed it. No idea what went wrong. Corrupt download, something you did wrong, wrong USB stick ( they like 8GB to 16GB ones, and not all brands )

You need to start over. Full Install 1.06 - follow instructions carefully. Get that going then do the delta update.

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Glad to know i cant figure out how to update a jjp game. I thought i was somewhat smart!

It may not have been you.

The instructions are on the website for both a full install and for delta updates.

And downloads from USA and Europe mirrors. If you used the USA one, try the mirror site.

#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

. is everyone missing a post and or plug on left Outlane ?

Yes. And a hole under the black plug the yellow arrow is pointing to, too.

An optional post should have been in your games goodie bag to use or not.

6dff7c47643862426f499e63c4afe97d44c4df79.jpeg (resized).jpg6dff7c47643862426f499e63c4afe97d44c4df79.jpeg (resized).jpg
#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Are there any distributors offering free shipping for a Wonka SE?

Might be hard to find. They aren't supposed to give extras anymore.

#2355 4 years ago

But I do notice distributors will have differences in shipping costs, figured some of them are offering it for free.

I found out a few months back they aren't supposed to be doing extras. Some have removed it from their websites.

Some may get breaks in shipping because of shipping company or reduced prices because they ship a lot. That I'm sure is okay.

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Installed the update today and the game crashed a few times.. anyone else seeing this?

I would first try reloading a fresh copy of 1.14, there are two spots on the download page, USA and a mirror site, try from the other site than the one you used.

If that doesn't do it. Then I'd start over. Full install of the operating system and then install a fresh copy of 1.14.

I haven't hear of crashes on the 1.14. So something went wrong. Didn't like the USB stick or corrupted download.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

What’s the next step I should take?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, pass a ball back and forth between the optos. No worky ? Then follow the wires to the opto driver board underneath the playfield and find their connector and unplug and reseat it and be sure it's on tight and test again.

If no worky then plug that connector into another connectors spot and test again, if it still doesn't work, then you need a new opto set.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Downloaded 1.14 and installed and screen still displays 1.13.

You didn't install it. ( you tried ). Most likely there was nothing the machine could read on your USB stick.

Follow delta instructions carefully. Try a different USB stick 8GB to 16GB with nothing else on it. And there are two spots to download it from, USA and mirror, try a fresh download from the other one you tried the first time.

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

The ball will just Sir in the gobstopper hole and needs a ball search to clear it.

Turn up the power on it's VUK.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

is that the CE that he is standing in front of?

Prototype ?

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

That's great customer service!

That's Steve !

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

It's all "Online" to reduce costs.

Not just to reduce costs. Online ones can be updated. Printed ones not so easy.

#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Question on pricing. I just called my dist. About a Wonka le.. in the past I have paid 9500 shipped for my potc le. I am told now I have to pay 300 for shipping .

In the past on JJP games, distributors could give extras like free shipping and stuff. No more.

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Having trough issues. Help appreciated.

Open a ticket under Support on the website or call the NJ number tomorrow to get new ball trough boards.

#2494 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

But we did that and the same crappy design, unreliable trough boards showed up.

Call them about it. No idea how bad ones were sent again. Obviously a mistake was made.

I am sorry about that.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Any chance JJP may switch to a different supplier for the CE?

I believe they already have.

Lots of good ones out there. No idea how a bad set got out for a warranty part.

#2514 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm going to have to play some more test games tonight to see how many balls get pushed out during the various multi balls.

Please check that the plunger that kicks the balls up and out of the ball trough, isn't sticking up a very tiny bit too high and impeding the balls rolling into position to be kicked out. The whole coil/plunger/plate can be adjusted by four screws on the end of the ball trough to move up or down. Don't go too far in either direction.

#2609 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Anyone have a suggestion about the best way to remove/replace the opto with the larger connector?

Quoted from Frogman:

remove the trough,

Remove the apron. Remove the ball trough - two screws underneath and screws on top. No connector for coil so let the whole thing dangle. Then remove the ball trough boards. Shove the metal cylinder out of the rubber grommet, remove the rubber grommet. Put rubber grommet on new board, shove metal cylinder back through rubber grommet.

Reassemble.

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Must just be sensitive switches...?

Loose connectors under playfield or in backbox. Reseat and be sure everything is on tight. Especially I/O board in the head.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Will update the fix here.

Underneath. Loosen big nut. Screw platform up. Tighten big nut.

#2644 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Lloyd, have you heard of the issue of having?

Sounds like an opto ( switch issue ) game loses track of the ball and it passes through.

1 week later
#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I would get some guidance from JJP support on this.

Did Steve help you ?

If so this picture will help.

jumpstart (resized).jpgjumpstart (resized).jpg
#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So is that jumper to boot still a thing on modern JJP machines?

Not sure. The other tech Steve suggested it. Outside of WOZ, I haven't heard of it on other JJP games.

Won't hurt anything to try if game is dead, but has power to service outlet.

#2723 4 years ago

Before this happened, the last thing i did on my machine was turn it on, then i turned it back off after about 5 seconds. So something hiccupped when turning it off prematurely like that.

If you turned it off before a full boot up, you did it.

JJP games like to be fully booted up before turning them off.

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

LTG - Does sharing the diagram suggest that a manual is on the way? Admittedly, I’m a broken record, but since owning pins means maintenance and break/fix, a manual is really helpful.

That diagram wasn't in any manual. I believe someone here on Pinside made it.

Butch is working on the manual. He's done the others. No idea when it will be on the website. Should be soon. No idea if there will be a printed one or not.

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How do I find out which version is installed?

Game turned on - open coin door - hit enter button once - look at lower right corner of the screen.

#2790 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I wonder what the game designer(s) intended?!?? I own a Twilight Zone, and the pop bumper situation on that game is FAR worse. I don't see people blocking the power playfield exit into the pops and creating a new exit on the side....

Twilight Zone and Willy Wonka - same designer.

1 week later
#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

2 screws going to the side or under the apron

Side ( front of apron ) .

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Behind the glass it looks like D709 is blown. I suspect that replacing that would bring things back to life temporarily...but I doubt that's the actual issue. Any tips on how I should sort out the real issue (I'm very much a noob at this)? Also, what's the type of fuse I'll be replacing.

You can download the Dialed In manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In, it's close enough to help on some things until the Willy Wonka manual is out.

Page D-114, F709 is a 3A 250V 5mm X 20mm

Tips - look for anything obvious. Coil lugs close to metal, bare wires close to metal, squished wires. Start where you saw the sparks.

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Can someone show me a picture of that plastic? I would make one to protect my game.

DSC00128 (resized).JPGDSC00128 (resized).JPG
#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does anyone have a Video of these sparkle playfields?

I'm pretty sure pictures or video won't do it justice. You need to see it in person. Just like the Yellow Brick Road WOZ. Really beautiful to see.

#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

if anyone has a good video off jjp at expo please let me know.

Youtube one has audio.

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not on my end....

Audio is working on Youtube, and when you play it from Pinside.

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Is the camera off by default on 1.31?

No.

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from squirrlyjr:

If start-up time is improved that would be a good reason to upgrade. I wonder why they would leave that out of the notes

They maybe didn't know until yesterday when posted and Keefer asked for log dump.

I didn't pay it much attention. My game took a lot longer than normal to boot, and after the 1.31 full install, it's as fast as my other JJP games now.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anything that’s a must to do Before playing this game ?

Take it out of the box.

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I will see what I can do to secure the opto,

If you need to remove the wonkavator to work on it, it isn't hard. Below the playfield cut one cable tie, a few connectors and a few to the opto driver board, I'd mark them to be sure they go back in the correct spot, if they aren't marked. Then two locknuts below the playfield. Then the whole unit lifts up and out easily.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Does jjp make flyers for their games? Trying to find a wonka standard flyer. Have flyers for all my games except that

No idea on standard. They had LE's and CE's at Expo. Maybe check with KINGPINGAMES here on Pinside.

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See my post on this earlier in the thread.

If you use a Mac to update, like I do, you will find that the UnetBootin app no longer works on MacOSX Catalina. I downloaded the latest version and it too is broken.

There is a workaround! Assuming the app is in your Applications folder, open Terminal and paste in the following:

sudo /Applications/unetbootin.app/Contents/MacOS/unetbootin

Thank you zaphX !

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Also I installed a Pinball Zlife shaker motor, is there a way to change intensity in settings?

Settings - Coils - 5th one down. Shaker Strength.

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

do you plug the isolator into?

Dialed In manual shows it. Page D-106 and D-107 Audio 1 Audio Output.

You can download the Dialed In manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In.

Unplug existing wire, plug in isolator, plug the wire you unplugged into the isolator.

#3242 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Anyone have some advice on how to fix this?

Micro mini switch on left side near the front top of the moving part. Carefully adjust the switch arm a little to make it less sensitive.

#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

is the mini switch near the spinning Gobstopper

Right below it. Give it a look, you can't miss it.

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

It only fits the silver bolt and since these leg levelers screw in how the hell would this Tool work. Thanks.

Once you have the leveler turned up or down as needed, you use the open end of the tool to tighten the the silver nut locking the leveler in place.

You turn the leveler up or down by hand.

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

.is the fix just to turn the coil

Yes. Settings - Coils - Ball Trough VUK

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Lane ...is that the same adjustment ?

No, dig around the VUK settings.

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

its the vuk a little further up that loads the shooter. Lane .

No adjustment in the menu.

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

they seem a tad too tight of a fit.

Grab with your index fingers inside the rubber and give it a few hard tugs.

#3299 4 years ago

thanks just a tad worried about messing up the flippers

Slip the rubber ring over the fat end first and pull hard and slip over the narrow end.

In over 50 years I haven't messed one up or broken one yet.

#3301 4 years ago

sorry for the noob question

Nothing to be sorry for. Always better to ask and learn. Especially when resources like Pinside can help you because others have already learned ways to do things.

And as you learn, someday you can help others with the knowledge you've gained.

And that more than anything else. Makes pinball great.

1 week later
#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from smsteve:

I (as a player) have an issue with a machine on location at Shorty’s in Seattle (LE #37, BTW). It’s cheating me out of my extra balls, and I have no idea why. It didn’t used to do that.

Two things come to mind. Balls are magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right. And check the plunger that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane. If sticking up a tiny bit too high, it can trap the balls. The coil/plunger is on an adjustable bracket that can be moved down. Not too much, up or down.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

can a wonkavator ball lock be added to a standard game?

No.

1 week later
#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Any clues as to what's going on and hope to fix?

It is seriously borked. Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. Look at the bottom of the unit. See the huge plastic nut thingy ? Loosen it, then raise or lower the rotating circle as needed. Then retighten the big plastic nut.

You have then successfully unborked it.

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What ever happend to frank at jjp?

Been gone from JJP for some months.

Quoted from Blackzarak:

I been trying to call and left message for some parts that I missing with no reply back..

To buy please call Shannan. For warranty stuff call Steve.

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

No it should be warranty items I'm missing trying to get from jjp. Back then I would call and if they don't respond I will get a call back when I left a message which would always be frank and he took care of things now I get nothing.

Keep trying Steve then.

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Try James he answers

Is he new ? Chicago or NJ ?

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe James is Jersey

Cool. Maybe he was hired to replace Frank ?

Disclaimer : I'm always the last to know.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe James is Jersey

Searches turn up Bensenville, IL

Maybe works out of the Chicago office ?

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Feels like the plastic disk itself is not firmly attached underneath.

Give Steve a call. I don't know if it can be loose or tightened.

#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Is this it? It’s been bugging me too and no one seems to ask this question!

From the website.

WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).pngWONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png
1 week later
#3605 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I keep getting my tilt bob switch stuck to open. If I move it a bit it will reset. Anything I can do or adjust to keep this from happening? Thanks

Turn off the tech alert red dot and warning at power up.

Then ignore it. You'll only see it when you hit the enter diagnostic button, and you know it isn't an important error.

#3650 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

but it does keep warning me of the malfunction every time I turn the game on.

You can turn that off.

Then only see errors when you open the coin door and hit the enter button.

#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

do you know what they are?

No. I haven't played with them yet.

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How is this done?

Go to Settings - System Settings - General - Test Report

Display Error Dot - Set to No

Test Report At Power On - Set To No

1 week later
#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Help is appreciated.

Plug opto connector into a different spot, see if it registers as a different opto. No - bad opto, yes ? break in wiring from opto driver board to I/O board, loose connector or pin out of a connector.

Download the Dialed In manual to get an idea of opto lines to I/O board.

1 week later
#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I just got my CE and have a slingshot firing constantly at random times.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where'd you get those protectors? Couldn't find them on Pinball Universe website

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And do LE models come with a topper?

No.

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

If I bought a new ssd how do I get the software on it?

Install the SSD in the game.

Then do a full install of 1.31 . Follow full install directions to put on USB stick and then into game.

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Do we know if CE owners get a printed Manual?

No. I don't believe they will be available either.

#3943 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

do I need new set of Trough boards!?

Sounds like it.

#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I had a brand new drive that I tried, it’s not a ssd but I got the same results when trying to load the full install on it. Does it have to be a ssd I don’t want to go out and buy another and get the same results.

I'm sorry I don't know.

Best call Steve and ask. Or email Butch.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

It’s been sitting on the jersey jack logo

Motherboard starting splash screen.

Call Steve tomorrow.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PM me for the password.

I just sent it if he hasn't contacted you yet.

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Still not had a definitive answer to the Wonka CE owners manual - will they get one..

No.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is the manual on JJP site not complete?

No. It will be updated.

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Is this something in the trough or where do I start to look, any thoughts?

For a start I'd turn the game off and reseat the ball trough opto board connectors.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

while I can easily navigate Stern or Bally/Williams, JJP are a bit newer to me

If you are good with Bally/Williams DMD games, you'll be fine with JJP. Don't over think it. Same game. They just snuck a motherboard and hard drive in it.

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I see that on the left drain area there is a place to put the post if you want. There are two holes. The upper hole is covered with a black cover but the lower hole is not and just shows the threads for where the post would install. Is the post supposed to go there and if its optional, should I put that extra black cover over those threads?

No post - easier left drains. Post in first open hole - a tad harder drains. Post in plugged hole - even harder to drain. If you use that hole, save the plug or put in the other hole. Doesn't matter.

Quoted from Rager170:

but my machine doesnt have them by the slings from factory...

You can add them if you like.

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Snipping the power line as mentioned in the other post would make me nervous!

Unplug the game for this.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope, to get my money back i need to know WHO has it! Distro claims he pays in full for games ordered and thus collects in full. I paid whenever the announcement came out. If Jack has my $$ then I'd just like to get my game OR send it back to me.

I hope it gets sorted out. And you get your game.

And if Jack has a distributor not following through, he needs to know.

I am sorry for what ever went wrong in the process. You should be playing it.

#4304 4 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

one of my magnets is starting to hum loudly when activated.

I believe it's one of those doughnut shaped magnets. Make sure it's kind of tight. Or remove it and flip it over and replace it.

#4307 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Where is all this great JJP customer service I have been hearing about?

Jen's email is on the tech support thing today.

I don't have an idea on your speaker issue beyond reseating connectors and cleaning RCA connectors and plugging them back in. I don't have access to the ticket desk, and can't send parts. So you are waiting on Steve or Jim.

I am sorry for the delay.

#4351 4 years ago

Try turning up the power to the "subway kickover" (or something like that) coil.

Gobstopper Lock Release. Set to 20 or 22. In Settings - Coils.

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

EDIT: when I refer to gap, i’m referring to removing the glass and grabbing the flipper bat and pulling up on it, away from the playfield- that movement “play”

The up/down can vary a tiny bit from game to game. If they work great, I wouldn't worry about it.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

The upper right flipper on my WONKA sticks in the “up” position about half the time.

Two screws holding the coil stop on tight ? Return spring still working ? A tiny bit of up and down play on flipper bat ?

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Ltg just provided a really good video on How to tune in the flippers.

Butch who does the JJP manuals made the video.

#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I watched a Stern tour from a few year's ago on Youtube, and yes most factory workers are Mexican

And they could be citizens. Came here legally. Or even born here. Many have families going back hundreds of years in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh for sure. I meant Mexican as in lineage. I wasn't implying illegal. I wouldn't imagine Stern would be a part of that,

I know you meant that. And I'm positive Stern wouldn't hire illegals. Or any pinball manufacturer.

#4429 4 years ago

So how about them Willy Wonkas ?

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

Anyone know if there is a standard replacement for the newton ball, or does it need to come from JJP? I see where some of them are game specific.

Check if JJP has them. Otherwise - https://www.pinballlife.com/newton-pinball.html

#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

The game ends mid-turn after locking a ball in the Wonkavator.

Balls magnetized and not rolling right in Wonkavator or ball trough ? Optos working good in Wonkavator ?

Right number of balls in game and all accounted for ?

1 week later
#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Can't even figure out how to take off this screen.

Pulls out. Magnets hold it in place along the sides.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

but would appreciate some advice

I'd relow the solder. Suck off old and use lead solder.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I suppose i should try just one board first.

Outside one. Less work and you might not have to remove the ball trough to get it off to work on it.

If you remove the ball trough, then I'd do both.

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I think you just have to adjust the switches a little closer. Removing the foam completely can cause air balls and broken switches. At least from my experience.

What say you LTG?

Broken switches and air balls. Remove the foam and expect a lot more of each.

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

It's now launching multiple balls into the shooter lane.

Correct number of balls in the game and all accounted for ? If so then ball trough opto failure. Some have reflowed the solder on them successfully.

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

That IS my first post.

Welcome my friend !

1 month later
#4920 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

wonka le game says elevator diverter malfunction how does one fix this?

Play a bunch more games. It will likely clear itself.

2 weeks later
#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Do I have any GI bulbs our, or is the back left in these really that dark???

It's that dark. Wonkavator goes in that area on the LE and CE, so no LED boards back there.

#5148 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

One of these would make a cool topper for Wonka.. but I cant get over the that the date doesnt line up with the original movie...

https://safespecial.com/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-golden-ticket-led-neon-sign?variant=12188477718611

It says laser engraved on demand. Maybe they could change the date or leave it off ?

Don't hurt to ask.

#5157 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I can't find anything that appears to be this size under the pf.

Please check around the backbox too, see if any bolt looking thing is missing a nut there.

3 weeks later
#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That's an interesting idea. But does it involve drilling?

No. There is a nylon plug in front of the existing post. Remove the plug and move the existing post up to it.

#5364 3 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

1. The eject from the Gobstopper hole to the Shooter lane is very week. It usually has to try 2 -4 times before it comes out, is there a setting or an adjustment I could make?

Page B-40 in the manual in Settings - Coils - Gobstopper VUK - try making it a little stronger.

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

as a pinball newbie I'm not entirely sure what that means. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Butch explains the basics.

Be sure your return spring is good. ( compare to the other side ) and that you have a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth )

2 weeks later
#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, so here's an easy one. Are there suppose to be screws to put Limited Edition plaque in place? I can see where it goes, but can't seem to find the right screws for it.

Small black phillips head machine screws.

DSC00287 (resized).JPGDSC00287 (resized).JPG
#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I have been trying over and over. Sometimes it will not even recognize it. I will have to try another usb I think.

Definitely a different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it.

#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Now, machine will not start up. Any help,

Start over. Different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB

#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

any brand work better than others?

I've always had good luck with PNY

You might try downloading the full install from the other mirror than the one you used. In case your download got corrupted.

#5515 3 years ago

Open up backbox. Plug connector back onto I/O board that came loose.

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Just curious, do both the LE and CE have interactive undercabinet lighting? Or is this just on the CE?

Just the CE.

Quoted from parsonsaj:

The next question, is it possible to add this to an SE?

If it's interactive with the software, no. Your game won't support it.

2 weeks later
#5618 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My wife is like “u need help big time “

Oh I think you are well past that.

Disclaimer : Great, isn't it ?

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yep - it's my lazy way to keep all of the glass clean. At least that's an excuse I'll attempt to use. It might provide a limited amount more of UV protection but not a whole lot.

Looks nicer when they all aren't turned on too.

1 week later
#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Do you think i can slide it down the stairs still in the box?

Yes. Truck this side only on the bottom. Friend or neighbor or wife you don't care much about on the bottom you holding on, on top.

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Wont be to bad.

Not if he's a fast healer.

#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone know if there is any more code to come for WONKA!? ltg?

Just what is on the website.

No idea when the WIFI stuff or anything else if ever, might be coming.

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m close to buying an SE, and it will need to go in my basement. Straight shot down to the basement with 8 stairs. Will a furniture dolly and 2 people be enough?

Have you moved another pin down to the basement ? If so, same thing.

#5734 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

what voltage are are the bulbs in a JJP (coindoor etc)

12 volt DC

Quoted from HarryReimer:

How does one know if a bulb is 5v or 12v?

Put a meter on the socket.

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Lloyd, I meant can you tell if a bulb is 5v or 12 v

By number on base.

If it's a LED, hope it's marked.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Quick question as I didnt want to read through whole thread! Is wonka a standard body or wide like the other jjp? Wondering if this will fit in a space well if i sell a newer stern

Wonka is standard width like DI

Backbox is similar size, wide body or standard. It will fit where a newer Stern pin fits quite nicely.

#5751 3 years ago

Playfield hangers bent, the ones that hook into the lockdown bar receiver ?

Or loosen them and slide the playfield over a bit.

#5754 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:As mentioned, there doesnt seem to be much room to slide it over at all to make up the difference. Looks to be about an 1/8th of an inch off id say.

Loosen the screws holding them to the underside of the playfield. Shove them over. Retighten them.

1 week later
#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

but oops. From the factory without these screws.......

If you need them. Ramp flap screws will work.

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What's latest code at?

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ Under Support - under Downloads - under Willy Wonka 1.33, if your game has 1.31 or 1.32 you can do the delta update to 1.33. If your game has 1.30 or lower, you need to do a Full Install on 1.31 first then the delta update to 1.33

Downloads and complete instructions are on the website.

1 week later
#5862 3 years ago

Play a bunch of games, it may clear.

You can check it in Tests - Devices.

Though it may be a switch after that isn't getting hit and the machine thinks diverter.

#5882 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Another issue is that when the ball drops down the Gobstopper hole,

Increase the Gobstopper Lock Release Strength a couple notches in Settings - Coils.

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How does this VUK work?

Kicks the ball up. Vertical Up Kicker.

#5895 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont feel like ive ever seen a ball come out of the gobstopper hole. Is that where they come from for Gobstopper Multiball? Thought they came out of the trough.

Goes in the gobstopper hole to a subway, gets kicked over from there, goes up a different hole on the playfield.

1 week later
#5915 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece.

Check again please.

No idea. But stuff does change.

#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Any suggestions would be great.

Quoted from Yesh23:

The 2nd issue I have is on my right ramp. I have the flipper strength set at 20 which I love. When I hit the right ramp the ball I'm guessing gets slgithly air born and hit the top of the clear plastic (green spot). It did that all the time until I added the blue piece. This has helped because now I rarely get a reject but it'll still happen from time to time. The spacer in red was already there when I received the game. Thoughts? I'm guessing to raise the blue one up a little more.

Smaller rubber rings. Turn your flipper power down.

#5963 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I like to have rubbers on the post.

Had a thought. Those posts have a washer and locknut below the playfield.

Maybe loosen the locknut, spread the posts as far apart as possible. Retighten the locknut.

The hole through the playfield is a tiny bit bigger than the threaded post. Maybe that would gain enough room so as not to trap the ball.

Long shot maybe raise the posts a little so the ball still hits the rubber ring, but a little lower on the rubber instead of the fatter middle ?

#5996 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Is there any issue laying an unopened boxed Wonka flat on the trucking side in a moving van

One side is labeled "Truck This Side Only ". That is the bottom of the machine. Set it flat on that side and you'll be fine. Tie it down.

#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Adjust them the way you want.

#6050 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My biggest issue is my tilt is too sensitive ....

Disconnect it. Turn the credit dot off and tech alert off, so they don't bug you. If you want to check for errors. Turn the game on. Open the coin door. Hit the Enter button once. First page before full menu will come up. Plumb bob because it hasn't been hit.

#6059 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Happens to my game as well on occasion. I have not found a fix.

Please read Steve's post :

Adjust the timing of the lock release coil in the settings. The setting controls how long the coil pulses, so adjust it so that the coil stays energized only long enough to let one ball out at a time. That setting is there for exactly this problem.

#6070 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

First jjp game...where are the settings for shaker located? Saw knocker but not shaker....

Settings - Coils - , 5th one down - Maximum Shaker Strength.

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Its not letting me update. Says gobstopper target is stuck open and wont continue.

What are you trying ? The full install to get your game to 1.31 so you can do the delta 1.33 ?

Your game has to be at 1.31 to put in 1.33. Follow the full install instructions carefully - you don't have the game turned on at the start of it.

IF you have 1.31 in your game. Then follow the instructions carefully for the delta update. Game turned on hit the enter button, ignore alert and keep going until you get to the full menu. Find Utilities - then USB update. Do what the screen says.

IF you have 1.30 or lower in there, for the love of everything holy don't try and put a delta 1.33 update in. Unless you want to kill your game and start over doing first a full install and then a delta.

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I followed the instructions, the game starts to update but then stops and says something like gobstopper hole stuck open(or something like that Ill take a pic next time).

That shouldn't happen. I'd start over. Fresh 1.33 download. Different USB stick.

Download 1.33 and put on your desktop. USB stick, 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it. Formatted FAT32. Left click on 1.33 on desktop to high light it. Right click, chose extract to. Extract to USB stick.

When done go to game with it turned on. Insert USB stick in cable by the cashbox. Go into Utilities - then to USB update. Do what the screen says. When done unplug the USB stick. Turn game off. Wait a tiny bit and turn the game back on. When fully booted hit the Enter button and look at lower right corner to see if 1.33 is in the game.

If it stops again, try a factory reset and then try putting it in again.

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Still download the delta update correct?

Yes.

Quoted from mbrave77:

If I need to do factory reset how do I do that and what code does that bring it back to?

It brings it back to what ever is in the game now. Page B-60 in the manual. B.8 Resets - last one, Factory Reset. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Downloads - under Willy Wonka.

Quoted from mbrave77:

also the JJP website instructions say to have the zip file and the extracted files on the usb stick.

Not quite - please read what I wrote.

Quoted from LTG:

Download 1.33 and put on your desktop. USB stick, 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it. Formatted FAT32. Left click on 1.33 on desktop to high light it. Right click, chose extract to. Extract to USB stick.

When you put it on your desktop ( mine is Windows 10 ) it looks like a zipped folder. LEFT CLICK THAT ZIPPED FOLDER ONCE TO HIGHLIGHT IT. THEN RIGHT CLICK IT ONCE AND A MENU COMES UP CHOSE EXTRACT TO AND SEND IT TO YOUR USB STICK WITH NOTHING ELSE ON IT.

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Anyone have issues with the Gobstopper hanging up?

Please try setting the gobstopper lock release strength in Settings - Coils ? Default is a little low. I set mine at 20.

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I will have to help him over the phone.

Connectors under the playfield hooked up tight ? Connectors to I/O board all on tight ?

In Tests - Coils - does it spin then ? Grab a meter and see if you have 12 volts at the motor. No need to pull out high power interlock for this, it's low power.

#6163 3 years ago

Missing a lane guide.

DSC00361 (resized).JPGDSC00361 (resized).JPG
#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Check matrixed switch #26, Center Ramp Made (stuck open)

Go in to Tests - Switches - Matrixed, hit the switch. See if it works, or is stuck closed. Then try with a ball. May just need adjusting.

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Who here has increased their flipper strength in the settings?

Settings - Coils - flippers are there.

Quoted from SBrothers:

If so, did you adjust all of them equally?...and by how much?

I would start with equally. Up to you. Try different settings. See what makes your game play great for you.

They don't have to be equal if you don't want them to be. A game like White Water has four flippers, and four different coils. So you can make certain shots, and not break stuff.

#6187 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I have a problem, sometimes the pinball machine sends 2 balls, sometimes it does not send balls

New balls, yours are magnetized.

One of these helps too - ( when back in stock ) - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Can you adjust the shaker intensity anywhere in the utilities?

No. Adjust it in settings - coils.

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed a weird issue the last two days when playing. Randomly, a sling will fire and a random flipper. Cant find any pattern to this.

I'd check the adjustment of your leaf blade switches. They could be too sensitive.

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

but anything I can do?

Test it with a ball.

Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I would have to take apart the whole Wonkavator to even access it I think.

Power off. Under the playfield - a few connectors and a couple lock nuts. The whole thing lifts up.

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Where do I go about ordering something like that? And what is it even called?

Roll pin. Hardware store.

Or pinball parts place, get a new slingshot arm.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Thanks for all the help getting that accomplished!

Every time you clean slide this ring ( or any ring wearing ) around a little to a different spot.

This one is going to break from wear in red circled area.

WW (resized).jpgWW (resized).jpg
#6284 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Any help would be appreciated!

Game turned on in attract mode. Open coin door - hit the Enter diagnostic button. Any errors reported ? If so you might need to fix them, if not, then learn what you need to do to get Wonkavator Multiball to start.

#6298 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

but nothing happens when I press down on the switch as the game is playing.

Tests - Switches Matrixed - does it work there ?

If not - Turn game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. Remove two screws holding switch and bracket and lower it. Press switch, hear it click ? If so likely needs a little adjusting so it's a tiny bit higher sticking up through the playfield. It might be working sometimes so as not to get flagged.

Be sure the switch arm isn't sticking in the slot in the playfield it goes up and down in and binding or sticking.

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

but this looks intimidating to say the least, ha.

Turn the game off.

Two lock nuts below the playfield and a few connectors. ( I don't recall, might be a screw or two along the back of the back wall of the playfield ) Then the whole thing lifts up and out.

Easiest part of getting at your switch to adjust it.

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I’m running latest version...1.33 I believe?

1.33 is the latest. Game turned on. Open coin door. Hit the "Enter" diagnostic button once. Look at lower right corner of the screen to see what version of software is in your game.

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Finally got my game setup today and have been playing it all day.

Excellent. You have a great game there. Enjoy it. A lot.

1 week later
#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Any ideas what to check?

#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Hopefully they ship these parts out quick. Seeing the game sitting vertically in my game room and not being able to play it is going to be tough.

Borrow the bolts off of one of your other games. Or one leg bolt off of each of your other two games. Be gentle playing them. And have 8 bolts for your Willy.

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The plunger hitting the center of the ball ?

You can loosen screws and adjust left or right. Loosen more and use shims for higher or lower.

#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I made sure that the ball was sitting directly on the arms.

If you could film it and watch in slow motion, you might see a problem.

Coils tend to pull the plunger to a side and back. Not straight back.

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Any way to test the strip? Or is there a plug for the strip that also connects to the topper?

Check where it plugs in if you have 12 volts DC or not. I'd start there.

#6516 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Am I supposed to do anything else?

Turn it on in settings.

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn it on in settings.

Page B-31 in the manual. Game Settings. First couple deal with the topper.

#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

but unfortunately it is still dark.

Then measure power at the topper.

You are losing 12 volts somewhere or the LED strip is bad.

#6521 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Do I need to get a voltometer for that?

That or a 12 volt light bulb and a couple wires.

Youtube is littered with short how to videos on using a meter and measuring DC current.

#6550 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

so i think they just forgot to attached the box.

Or it was removed when the game was set up.

#6581 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

And another thing, this game did not come with an owners manual, is it meant for you to download it only on your computer/tablet???

Download only.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

3rd is the lock down bar, very hard to get it locked. I have adjusted the screws up and down next to the glass and this does not seem to help, not even sure if it was fully engaged when I first pulled off the glass.

Lift playfield up and lean back. Put lockdown bar on. Look in there - see what the lever is actually doing.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

2nd issue is the ball getting stuck when the ball goes into the gobstopper hole.

Settings - Coils - Gobstopper Lock Release - set that about 4 notches stronger.

#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Still unsure if I'm really running code 1.31 or not since I had all the error issues. Is there a way to verify?????

Open coin door. Hit the ENTER diagnostic button once. Look at lower right corner of the screen. If it says 1.31, it's in there.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if you can adjust the camera that snaps photos? Im about 6'1" and it always has me looking down.

In Tests - Camera - Devices - you can do some.

1 week later
#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

- Right slingshot triggers

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just installed a shaker in my WW SE and for some reason can’t find the shaker settings in the menu. Can someone please point me to where it is at?

Should be in Settings - Coils.

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

can’t find the shaker settings in the menu. Can someone please point me to where it is at?

Quoted from LTG:

Should be in Settings - Coils.

Settings - Coils - Trough etc, then General - the 2nd section down. Maximum Shaker Strength.

#6734 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Just wondering if anyone ever had one that "worked great" out of box or if they ever did anything to address the issue.

I do. After I upped the strength to 22 on the gobstopper lock release in Settings - Coils.

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from smoke20:

BTW, I almost created a new problem by almost breaking the key off in the lock on the backbox. That thing is not opening. I am actually a graduate EE and this game is making me feel stupid...

Coin door key ? Or backbox key hanging on a hook inside the coin door ?

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

It's a minor issue because the ball eventually comes out but its stalling the ejection for 10 seconds

Turn the coil power up a little. See if that helps.

1 week later
#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCandyPants:

there are level of difficulty settings??

Yes. Page B-58 in the manual. B.6 Install Presets.

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Check with ltg about adjusting the brightness for the topper. I could be completely wrong, but I thought it could be adjusted.

Can't be adjusted.

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

what’s the “WiFi enabler”? Will wonka have the ability to connect to the interwebs for updates and other things?

Yes. All JJP pins will get that at some point. GNR already has it.

#6938 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

This is an actual setting???

Yes.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Where is it located in the menu settings

Go to Settings - Game Settings - scroll way down to Wonkatania Mode - Wonkatania Mania Intensity - set to Gonna Be Sick. There are other choices there.

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Almost every time I going to gobstopper ball gets stuck it is driving me mad please advise.

Did you increase the strength of the gobstopper lock release to 22 ?

2 weeks later
#7124 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Do you happen to have a picture of exactly what you think I should bend?

This is a micro switch. Yours may look similar but not identical.

The wire part of the arm hooked onto the switch is the actuator. Gently bend where the black arrows are. Don't bend the flat metal part and screw up where the flat metal part pushes the tiny knob into the switch body. Ignore red and white arrows.

switchadjust (resized).JPGswitchadjust (resized).JPG

#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I believe DI has a few LED lamps in the apron that are synced with the camera to act as a flash,

They are to let you know where to set your phone. No where near bright enough to act as a flash.

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

file the housing or button?

The part with flashing sticking up and binding it. Most likely the button.

#7147 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just bought a file on amazon as i dont have one.

Nail file, sand paper, knife. Not rocket science.

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just bought a file on amazon as i dont have one.

You could even press it in and out, and turn once in awhile forty or fifty times. Take it off the cabinet. Wash it out real good, dry thoroughly. See if that fixes it.

2 weeks later
#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Anyone have an easy fix for this?

Either plunger or switch issue. Coils tend to pull the plunger to one side, so think about that when checking alignment. Then concentrate on the switch - closing too soon or too late ?

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just hooked up my topper and nothing is working currently.

Is it turned on in system settings ?

1 week later
#7432 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was wondering why I like wonka but hate the drains and noticed this gap with a missing pole? Did anyone else’s come like that ?

Looks like you are missing a small pointy one, like the one to the right of it.

#7434 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I also use the washer that came with it ?

Yes. Put the washer on the threaded end then screw it all into the hole in the playfield.

#7444 3 years ago

Ummmm.................. leave the rubber ring off.

1 week later
#7517 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Is there a way to reduce the high score threshold?

Check out page B-27 in the manual. Score awards. You can lower them some there.

1 week later
#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

And after ball search mode, the magnet finally releases the ball.

Ball search might be enough to shake it free if the magnet pole is down a tiny bit.

#7627 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone know if camera angle can be adjusted?

In settings you can line it up. Check Dialed In, Pirates, or Willy Wonka manuals.

#7639 3 years ago

Please turn the game off. Reseat ball trough connectors. Try again. If errors then check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Could be a failed ball trough board.

1 week later
#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.

The diverter on the wireform on the left. Looks like a screw that holds the coil on.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

New code. Haven't installed yet.

I did.

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I haven't tried the Bluetooth.

You need a Bluetooth dongle too. Plug it into the spare port on the motherboard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
557 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.