IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loganjk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4624 4 years ago

Ordered an LE today! It will be here next week

#4674 4 years ago

LE #617 installed and working great.

One thing I noticed, when the game is booting up there is a loud audio crack (scared the crap out of me the first time). Sounds like the speakers come on before the audio board comes on and is REALLY loud. My volume is set super low.

#4721 4 years ago

I hope this isn't a symptom of bad trough boards. My LE is about a week old. Starting yesterday it will randomly end your ball even though the ball is still in play. Seems to happen at random times.

I'm not getting random multiballs like some people.

#4722 4 years ago

I forgot to mention this only started after I did the full install to 1.31 a day ago. Game was working almost perfect with the factory code which I believe was 1.2X, I forget the X. My only issue was very occasional diverter missing.

#4723 4 years ago

I got the game correctly upgraded to 1.33 and the issue has gotten worse. It's now launching multiple balls into the shooter lane.

#4725 4 years ago

Yep, when I run the trough test and launch a few balls it appears to working perfectly. What is weird is the game will play fine for a couple balls/games. Out of no where the game does 2 things. Either cut the ball off as if I drained even though I didn't or when you lock a ball 2-3 balls are launched into the shooter lane.

If I take the boards out will I notice an obvious solder error? I should probably just wait for a new board, I'm an amature.

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious. Did you get the ball trough end repair kit and are you using the stock balls or did you replace them with shiny chrome ones?

As far as I know I did not get the trough end repair kit, is that included in some new games?

I'm using stock balls.

For the record, I only started reading this thread about a week ago and I'm bouncing back and forth from current posts to catching up from the beginning. Sorry if I repeat something I haven't come across yet. A few more days and I'll be caught up!

#4729 4 years ago

Ok I think I found the problem. With the playfield half out I put one ball in the trough and turned on the trough test. I was tapping on the back of opto board closest to the coin door and if I get near the 4th opto it starts jumping from active to inactive.

I've never soldered on a board before, I'll give JJP a call tomorrow.

1 month later
#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Quick question on the rules. I've been playing for a while and I can't seem to figure out what causes the diverter to be enabled. I'm referring to the one that is on the left ramp that drops it down to the upper left flipper.

Just about anytime that shot is required it is engaged.

-Super lock
-factory tour to for gum targets
-fizzy lifting room
-super spinner
-super pops
-2x wonka bars
-super jackpots

There are probably others.

4 weeks later
#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

They both shoot very well and that bothers some people.

lol

1 week later
#5279 3 years ago

I like listening to Kaneda. It doesn't bother me when he says something I don't agree with. I think it's funny he let the lack of music ruin the game for him. Sure it could be better but I love the game and smile every time he talks trash about it.

2 years later
#12502 1 year ago

Hey everyone,

I'm getting some very small playfield wear where the ball drops from the ramp shots into the inlane.

Are there protectors I can put there? Or should I cut my own mylar?

Thank you!

Edit, this is right on top of the in lane roll over switches (not the best design IMO), still love the game

#12504 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

At least do this. Clean the area. Wax it. Then apply mylar. Then it will be easier to remove or replace if you want.
LTG : )

thanks LTG, No cliffy's?

#12514 1 year ago

Thanks everyone!!!

1 month later
#12567 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm still having issues with my Wonka LE after the 2.01 update (although I don't think it's related).
Sometimes it will kick 2 balls and even try to kick 3 balls into the trough. Seems to happen on multiball startup.
Also the flippers will die and the ball will end when there are still 2 balls in multiball.
Slugworth multiball kicks out 5 balls now.....
I check the trough opto boards and the plugs are all nice and tight. The shooter lane switch works fine and registers in test mode.
Any ideas?

I'm having the same issues. I get the trough jam switch triggered even though the trough is fine. #6 I believe.

Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Go into switch test and make sure all the optos on the trough board are registering correctly. Some have has success reflowing the connection on the trough boards.

Can I do this with a normal soldering iron? I would rather not buy a new board, I believe I am out of warranty.

My trough board was already replaced, it was one of the builds that came faulty from the factory. The new board worked fine for 2+ years, until now.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loganjk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.