IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leaffan67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5039 3 years ago

i have played about 25 games of Wonka std. i really like it (once i figured out what was going on!). wondering if the Wonkavator shot on the LE is problematic at all? does the shot reject often? is the mech reliable?
the reason i am asking is because i feel that the Stern Star Wars Death Star shot on the LE rejects too much and makes the game less fun as it is such an important shot in the rules.
any chance that Wonka LE has similar issues with difficulty making such an important shot?
be safe!

#5041 3 years ago

good to hear Zaph. i had to adjust a micro switch and a spinner. very tempted by Wonka LE. everyone else no probs with the Wonkavator?

3 weeks later
#5287 3 years ago

Hi All
I have been playing a lot of Wonka standard lately as I borrowed one. I really like the game, a lot. Shoots well and there is some genius in the rules. Seems like every game is different as the machine sends you in different directions and you have to adapt.
I asked earlier about any issues with the Wonkavator mech on the LE as this is not present on the Std. Seems to be no mechanical issues that anyone reported.

I am now wondering if the LE plays "better" than the standard due to the Wonkavator mech, or any other differences. Never played (or even seen!) an LE so i don't know if all the feeds are the same, etc. Very tempted to find me a late manufacture LE (to avoid any clearcoat issues allegedly with the early ones). Just want to know if there are any gameplay differences and whether they might even make it better!
stay safe!

1 week later
#5320 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Finally figured out how to get more points on Wonka's Office! That is a deceptively difficult wizard mode, but if you take the time to read the on screen instructions it all makes sense.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not being a jerk I hope, but how did you get to Wonka’s Office, get almost 900k points and have a total score so low? I have only been to that mode twice and gotten about 190k points at best. Final scores 6.6 and 8.1 million.
Maybe I am getting the points from the multi balls and you didn’t? The one I can’t get many points out of is Oompa Loompa for some reason...
I think the code is genius.
Wonder who the first Pure Imagination champ in the world will be? Surely no one has done it yet?!

#5336 3 years ago

I have played a craptonne (metric) of this game recently. i feel like the slings are the right power. they are a little soft. if they were rocketing the ball around i think it would be a total drainfest. We all know how tough the left outlane is. imagine if you didn't have any time to nudge as it was going 1000 mph over there!
Got my grand champ score today. Love the game. Third time to Wonka's Office. Still not sure if I should be just alternating left and right ramps during this mode?!
Signed,
Previous JJP skeptic.

3 weeks later
#5471 3 years ago

Allen wrench

3 weeks later
#5641 3 years ago

I had the same shooter issue. I ended up putting a small folded piece of cardboard under the bottom edge of the shooter housing (outside of cabinet side) to angle the shooter rod down a little. worked perfectly and was invisible unless you went looking for it. great game.

3 months later
#6527 3 years ago

Bought a Wonka LE yesterday! Setting it up tonight. Can’t wait. Checked for pooling. None at all. Build date October 9, 2019. Very pleased. Now to find some tickets!

#6547 3 years ago

Found this in the bottom of the cabinet of my new Wonka LE. What is it for? Thx

8B34E137-DAF6-4437-B3F0-88BF3B1E9FB8 (resized).jpeg8B34E137-DAF6-4437-B3F0-88BF3B1E9FB8 (resized).jpeg9E25BA14-A33B-4A4A-B49C-9C6499440B19 (resized).jpeg9E25BA14-A33B-4A4A-B49C-9C6499440B19 (resized).jpeg
#6549 3 years ago

ok, thx. it wasn't mounted to anything, just rolling around. also, the power inlet metal box (where you plug in the cord) wasn't attached to the cabinet either! no wood screws rolling around so i think they just forgot to attached the box.

#6553 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or it was removed when the game was set up.
LTG : )

Game is NIB. Opened it today. About to update code from 1.25 and finally play this thing! Borrowed one in the Spring so I know I love it. It was an SE, so looking fwd to seeing the differences to LE! Hugely underrated game.

#6554 3 years ago

The sticker on the base of the lockdown bar states "install 5 balls". I was sent six in the bag and I recall that there is a 6 ball multiball. Do I recall correctly, and the sticker is wrong?
thx! code updated now, looking fwd to playing this!! just want to put the correct number of balls in it!!!

#6556 3 years ago

Seems like the last hurdle! time to play!
I will Sharpie that sticker to avoid confusion at some future date. thx a lot for the quick reply!

2 months later
#7173 3 years ago

I always thought I would figure it out, but i give up. What is the pink pipe telling me? 3500 points for what? It starts at nothing but I have seen it as high as 5000.
Love the game. Love it.

4851CF27-AD72-40E3-A1C3-CF532CE90B10 (resized).jpeg4851CF27-AD72-40E3-A1C3-CF532CE90B10 (resized).jpeg
#7178 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If I remember correctly it is the value for jackpots in Oompa Loompa Odyssey.

That seems too low. Those jackpots are higher. It must be something else.

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, shit. I know it has something to do with OLO I just don't recall what.

Keefer, help!

#7190 3 years ago

ah, well there is a clue at least. Thx! I will watch that build, then look for something scoring that amount. This is really bugging me!

Just played and watched the pink pipe. You can build it up to 5000 in 500 increments by shooting the left shot under the TV. Maxes out at 5000. Now to figure out what that relates to!

#7209 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Yes, and then for every "jackpot" shot in OLO (even the ones that have already been shot, which still get a decent score just not as high as when they were lit), that amount on the pipe is added to it as a little booster.

Ah ha! Many thx. Not as exciting as I had hoped, but great to know!

1 week later
#7314 3 years ago

My best score by far. Still only 2 golden tickets! This is driving me crazy! In a great pinball way of course!

1F2D4382-2229-43AB-B369-E66C3679E7B0 (resized).jpeg1F2D4382-2229-43AB-B369-E66C3679E7B0 (resized).jpeg
#7315 3 years ago

My next game! What a day! Probably cursed to a few games of 100,000 now. That still happens frequently.

F4A0E020-674A-401E-A1F3-4CA82464132A (resized).jpegF4A0E020-674A-401E-A1F3-4CA82464132A (resized).jpeg
#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Congrats! That’s a really solid score. How long was your game?

it must have been 45 min to an hour. took forever. i was totally engaged as i was trying to get a third ticket via Kid or Wonkavator. i was getting close, but .... same old story. Two tickets.

#7320 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Congrats! That is awesome! I had a killer game 2 days ago for 15 mil. I got the lion's share of the score on Wonka Bar bonuses- Ended up with 596 bars and bonus at max 8X and bonus held.

yes, it was during this game that i realized that bonus maxes at 8X. I got a collect bonus for over 2 million points. that helped!

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Stock Settings?? If so, fantastic score!!!

Stock everything except an extra ball for 1 million points. I always have an extra ball replay for some level of points that i find i only hit on occassion.
thx for the congrats!
Wonka is a top 5 game of all time for me. I am truly surprised that i say this because i don't totally love the theme and had never owned a JJP before. Love it!

1 month later
#7812 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Nice! Longer ball save times and “various other improvements and fixes.” Time to backup my scores and update the Wonka!

There is a setting to back up the scores!? Rats! Just wiped mine with the update.....

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It should have left your settings.
There are times things don't work.
Force of habit. When I update any JJP game, I always back up my settings. Just in case.
LTG : )

It did wipe my high scores and settings. Also, it now seems I cannot award an extra ball at 1 million points. First level will only go up to 250k. Am I missing something?

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I’ve had mine for two weeks and it is bad already have chipping
[quoted image]

I am sorry to hear about your playfield. I am curious, what is the build date of your game?

1 week later
#8145 3 years ago

I just did the 1.34 to 1.35 delta upgrade via usb. seems to have worked fine. the actual usb update part took about 2 seconds! about to play! come on 17 million!

#8249 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Yes the flipper flutters when you hold it in. Not all the time though. Just started doing it with this code..

Ok weird. I got the same thing tonight when I updated my GnR code to 1.19! Left flipper flutters on occasion. I figured mechanical in some way. Now I am wondering if it could be code somehow? Likely coincidence I guess. Strange coincidence on two newly updated jjp games eh?!

1 month later
#8561 2 years ago

Ah, too bad you didn’t match. Always a bit of extra joy to GC and match! Nice score!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,000 (OBO)
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leaffan67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=leaffan67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.