IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6641 3 years ago

Joined the club today. Looking forward to diving deep into the code! My first JJP. It really stands far apart from my other pins in a good way. Beautiful pin!

0E75F2E0-62C8-498A-AC6F-78DB429B00A3 (resized).jpeg0E75F2E0-62C8-498A-AC6F-78DB429B00A3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6715 3 years ago

I just installed a shaker in my WW SE and for some reason can’t find the shaker settings in the menu. Can someone please point me to where it is at? I must be blind... Thanks in advance.

#6719 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - Trough etc, then General - the 2nd section down. Maximum Shaker Strength.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. When I first looked at the Coil Settings a warning came up that said do not change unless you are having a problem so I backed right out. Haha. Thanks again.

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wondering if you owners can comment on the music for Wonka

I’m sure you’ve read a lot of complaints about the music, but I don’t have any issues with it whatsoever. I can think of other pins with music that would get old much faster. BKSoR quickly comes to mind and I say that as a fan of all types of music, including metal music. If you have doubts, pull up a stream and listen for yourself. Wonka is a fantastic pin. The fact that it got overhyped at the outset, in my opinion, unfairly tainted many people’s opinions.

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I guess I'm nervous because I didn't think music bothered me until I got Munsters.

I guess if you are that concerned about the music in the Wonka pin, then maybe it’s not the best choice for you. There a lot of great pins out there right now. I’m sure one of them fits your profile musically. Go with that and reduce the stress in your life.

Maybe consider Dialed In. It’s another JJP Pat Lawlor.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'd be all for a POTC but trying to find one is nigh on impossible

Not sure if you have any pins yet, but for the price of a POTC you could get two really good pins. POTC is a big pin to start a collection with, especially if you don’t have any experience with working on/tweaking pins.

#6752 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

does it get a lot of play in larger collections?

Not sure if my seven pins counts as a larger collection, but Wonka gets played the most, even more than EHoH. For me personally, I’d say it’s an even split between EHoH and Wonka. I really like Wonka a lot. I think it gets some unfair criticism due to the crazy hype at release.

#6758 3 years ago

Speaking of updated code, any rumors about any updates? Except for minor fixes, I’m assuming it’s done, done.

#6787 3 years ago

The explanation at that link is really really helpful. Is there “players guide” anywhere that explains the rest of the pin rules as clearly? Of course, I have the flowchart which is helpful.

#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

There’s just something about this Wonka...

I can’t agree more. I’ve played all of the JJP pins (except GNR), but after owning Wonka I have greater respect for the entire JJP lineup. All pins are fun - Stern, Spooky, etc. - but I really think JJP pins outclass them all. There is just a plus+ factor with all the JJP pins. Put it this way, if I could only own pins from one manufacturer, I’d take the JJP pins. I know they cost more than other pins, but in their case you do get what you pay for. My next pin will be another JJP pin. So, again, I am very impressed with Wonka and believe it is underrated and unfairly dismissed by many in the pin community.

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think my Sterns outplay both of them any day. I find JJP games not the best "playing" games but they are a visual feast.

As a general statement, I don’t really disagree with your opinion of how JJP pins play compared Stern pins. I love Stern pins. However, if I was forced to pick only one company from which I could have three pins, I’d take JJP over Stern.

1 week later
#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome...
Who wants to buy a slightly used topper? PM me

Check with LTG about adjusting the brightness for the topper. I could be completely wrong, but I thought it could be adjusted.

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't be adjusted.
LTG : )

I stand corrected!! Thanks for the clarification!

#6892 3 years ago

So how are people managing the various modes to maximize score values? For example, if the 5x playfield mode is ready to be activated are you saving the mode and not shooting the Wonkavision to activate the mode until you have a multiball ready to go? Just curious to hear about people’s strategies. My high score is about $3.5M without me doing anything intentional other than trying to activate modes and getting some multi balls going in no particular order. I think it’s time I start playing with more intention, so I’m curious to hear about what others are doing.

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its bright, but I don't think its over the top.....doesn't bother me at all.

I agree. I never even thought of it as being too bright.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The great thing about Wonka is it’s non linear!I focus on wracking up Wonka bars and nailing the captive ball my highest score was 13,960.460 one time only

I agree that it is non linear which is unique, but I guess that makes you choose between trying to obtain tickets and maximizing score. It seems like those two go hand in hand.

By the way, love Wonka. I play it more than any of my other pins.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok that makes me feel better... Now im very curious ha.

Think of it this way and I respect everyone’s opinion, but only one person that I’ve seen has complained about the topper being too bright. Again, I’m sure it is too bright for him, but I don’t think most people even give it a second thought.

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I have a Wonka SE and it's amazing

I can’t agree more. If you are budget conscious at all, the SE is the way to go with Wonka. You a really aren’t losing out on much other than aesthetics. I have an SE and love it. I play it more than my EHoH Premium.

1 week later
#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Here is mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m an OSU grad, so from one Buckeye to another are you sure that’s not Scarlet?!

1 week later
#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yes, it has lots they will enjoy at first look, but it takes a lot of good shots to get to the good stuff.

I agree with @crile1. Wonka is an awesome pin, but although the theme is family friendly the play is not. It’s a really tough pin and the shots aren’t always obvious for a casual player. For context, I have an EHoH. I turned it on today and basically flipped the pin - cleared the house, got to the mini wizard modes, got to the wizard mode, etc. It was a good game but not all that uncommon. Compare that to Wonka where the most tickets I’ve got is 2 of 5. To be honest, I think getting all 5 tickets is damn near impossible. Anyway, one of the rules of thumb for buying pins is not to buy them for kids or family. Kids get bored and move on, etc. So, get what you like because you are the one that will end up playing it.

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Would you say that Wonka has longer ball times than a pin like Star Wars?

I’d say - Yes. SW is a Ritchie pin, so it plays really fast. Wonka is more of a flow pin, which I think can lead to longer ball times. However, with Wonka, you have to watch the ball coming out of the pop bumpers for the SDTM drain where there is really nothing you can do to save it. I know other people have complained about it and I think it is a valid complaint. It can be unfair and frustrating.

#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Which do you like better? Dialed in or Wonka?

Here’s a recent Dialed In vs Wonka vs Iron Maiden thread. Take a read through it and you should get the feedback you are looking for:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-vs-maiden-vs-dialed-in-

1 week later
#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

That right ramp should be the easiest on the playfield to hit

I think the right ramp is tricky to hit. There isn’t much margin for error in terms of where the ball needs to be on the flipper. At times, it gives me fits and other times it doesn’t. Just one of those things.

#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

My next game! What a day! Probably cursed to a few games of 100,000 now. That still happens frequently.
[quoted image]

Congrats! That’s a really solid score. How long was your game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.