New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240130)

Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,804 posts
  • 421 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by SBrothers
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“What edition are you ordering or planning to buy?”

• Standard 114 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 220 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 83 votes
    20%

(417 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 996 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201130_173931 (resized).jpg
20201130_190207 (resized).jpg
WonkavisionStage (resized).jpg
99C7E84E-610D-4CC3-B320-64939C42F945 (resized).jpeg
20201106_190617 (resized).jpg
20201113_172200 (resized).jpg
20201120_145455 (resized).jpg
20201120_145523 (resized).jpg
20201120_145528 (resized).jpg
20201120_145602 (resized).jpg
20201120_145625 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4392 (resized).jpg
IMG_4393 (resized).jpg
20201120_152251 (resized).jpg
16058481181124171790863582122292 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (1 year ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

We have a waiting list started. If you would like to get on the list please send me a message either here (private message) or email (sales@kingpingames.net) with your name and which level you are interested in. At this time we do not have pricing or game specifics, but all will be revealed in 6 days.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m in on an LE, possibly a CE. I need to see where the $3000 is going first. Anyone else going to MGC for reveal? It will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball if you can’t make it. https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/
7pm central time US on Friday April 12.

We will be at the reveal and then in the kingpin games / Jersey jack booth with the games (and others) all weekend answering questions and taking orders

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I'll be at MGC and be ready to throw down a deposit! It's going to be a long week waiting until Friday...

Ill be there ready to take your deposit....

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You better bring a Large fanny pack! lol I'm going to pay you in Singles!

Sadly, you wouldn't be the first.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

But does he have them all.....?

Since there are only 2 jjp collector edition games (dialed in and pirated of the caribbean), yes, he does.

1 week later
#292 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Nice photos. I have to admit the game looks better to me as time goes on. If I imagine myself just seeing this pin without having heard about it first I'd be pretty excited. Hope everyone gets their games relatively soon so I can live vicariously through you all.

there are a few headed to a local location near you soon...

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

Any clarification on that would be awesome. I would love to put a few plays in on a prototype. What lucky locations get to host those early machines?
I myself am in on a CE. My biggest question is the art package since we have not seen it yet. I am hoping it has something more attractive to the theme with a chocolate river similar to WOZ. There is nothing wrong with the standard art package, but the CE should step things up a notch, and more so that just glitter on the same art package.

Sorry, what I meant is that some of the locations close to Brady have ordered Wonka machines. The prototypes all went back to Chicago to be used for programming and then dispersed for the other shows coming up in the next few weeks

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I am going to refer to it as WONKA regardless of what the "community " , whoever that is , calls it. It just makes the most sense.

The community has chosen Wonka. Gary is just very busy with life and hasn't been paying attention to the ways of pinside.

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did any of the games at the reveal not have the wonkavator, as the SE will not? I'm in on SE and wanted to make sure it wasn't a huge feature that will be missing, besides the whole physical lock. I know the lighting in the corner will be less.

Yes, there was a se in the line up at mgc. It was the left most game under the truss.

1 week later
#433 1 year ago

Everyone should remember that unless your order directly from jjp, then your DISTRUBUTOR should be your first contact for support. If your current distributor is just taking your money and sending your to jjp tech support, then find a better distributor. While most distributors will not have the knowledge base that jjp does, a quality distributor should be able to assist with most issues, or at least assist with parts being ordered and delivered in a timely fashion.

1 month later
#490 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was just asked by my distributor to pay the remainder now, with games shipping in 2-4 weeks (but not guaranteed). This is a new policy by JJP to guarantee distributors don't cancel game orders.
curious if anyone else is being asked to pay now upfront before receiving their game?

This is the policy set forth by JJP.

3 weeks later
#535 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sooooo, is anyone ready to sell their Wonka yet?

I have one I could sell you...

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Congratulations to all of you who received your games now. I understand that printed game manuals will no longer be provided with any models including the CE. Did a CD manual come with your SE? If yes, it is as comprehensive as the other JJP manuals have been. I am kind of spoiled by JJP and Butch's excellent efforts and I am hoping that this one will continue their high standards.

no manuals of any kind as of yet. it is being worked on

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Picked up a Wonka SE (Thanks to Chris KingpinGames).
I'm pressing the Start button and nothing is happening. No errors. Ummmm thoughts?
TIA

Does the start button work in test? Start there. Check the connectors on the i/o board behind the LCD screen in the backbox.

#840 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

1.04 wasn’t handy for him either. You are correct that 1.07 will work on 1.04 also. I think 1.06 is headed up on our site soon just in case.

Thanks for helping steve.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For the record, 2K gets you:
- Painted legs/armor/wireforms
- Wonkavator lock
- Better side art
- Better bezel art
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
To me it's worth the 2k?

headphone jack and external audio control

#1053 1 year ago

Does the game ship with the rubber for the post? I dont recall seeing that. I just recall seeing the post and the washer, no rubber.

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can you install a outside volume control on a SE,if if you can where to purchase

I did an install on a PotC SE. You will have to call your distributor and they will order the parts for you. simple install. front play, 10 pin wiring from the plate to the motherboard.

2 weeks later
#1465 1 year ago
Quoted from judremy:

I'm looking to get a Willy Wonka. If anyone can contact me with advice for where to get it from, that would be great. Looking to get it delivered and for a good price.

talk with your local distributor (that would be Gary at Abel Electronics). If you don't want to work with him, then let me know. JJP games are all priced the same, so it comes down to which distributor will be there for you after the sale if you have any issues.

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

My diverter is starting to get flaky. I'm seeing about 20% of the time the ball never drops, another time or two it will drop, but not cleanly. Rest of the time it works OK.
I think I'm going to break down and install the extra post on the left outlane. I'm just not that good yet

in the times that is it not grabbing and diverting the ball, would you say the ball is traveling at normal speed down the ramp or faster than normal?

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

Dang, when I first saw you made a post, and before I read it, I got really excited that you were going to say our LE's were in...

soon. the truck with all 20 of them should be leaving JJP tomorrow, getting here friday. I hope to make a run to the cities early next week.

#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Is this a Jersey Jack accessory that can be added to any of the more modern standard editions? How much did it run?
Up to this point my JJP machines have been LEs. However, this is the first machine where I may consider standard as long as I can add headphone support in a clean way.

i believe it can be added from dialed in se and newer (potc se and wonka se)

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

Has anyone gotten any details or glimpse of a CE art package? I have asked around with Joe at Pinballstar and he hasn't been able to provide anything. I had my deposit down for the CE on day one, but seeing as they are reportedly starting to ship CE the end of August/September, I would have expected to see an art package by now.
Thanks!

I have been told a couple of weeks and all will be revealed. We are ALL waiting to see what great features will be included with the Collector's Editions.

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks Chris
Any idea when the CE will start being produced/ship?

sorry, that answer is above my pay grade. i can give the common pinball "soon" answer if you like...

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It will. He is combing the Chicago area like Santa Clause (not saying he's fat....) with a mega truck of toys from Jersey. We will be seeing him soon with a multi LE Wonka drop. Way excited to bring this great game home.

Quoted from txstargazer3:

You're right! I got a call from Chris at lunchtime today. He will be delivering my LE tomorrow!!!

Quoted from janus:

He's bringing mine to Minnesota on Monday, can't wait!!!

Boom! I have one left over... who wants it?

20190809_094033 (resized).jpg20190809_094129 (resized).jpg
#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from janus:

Game is playing great. Only issue was the captive ball wasn't registering. Checked the switch, working just fine. What the hell? Oh, I guess I should have removed the packing foam in the trough. Oops, my bad. What a great machine!

ha! i did tell you about that foam too. just too excited to play the game.

thanks again!

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Ive emailed Shannan twice in the last week without response...is there anyone else to contact at JJP regarding parts?

Shannan is out until tomorrow.

Edit, ltg beat me to it.

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I have never owned a JJP game before - There seems to be no manual and not one I can download.
Noob Question what is the USB (Female) cable next to the cashbox for ?

Manuals are being designed as we speak.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Which port does this plug into? My USB extension isn't working so I am unable to update. Would love to know where it plugs into on the computer box!

Any open USB port (if it's not plugged in). If your extension cable isn't working, you can plug your flash drive directly to the computer.

#1911 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You should be able to plug it into any empty USB spot on the motherboard.
LTG : )

Ha, beat you on that one. Take that llyod!

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys! After a week of ownership and no issues I got the dreaded ball trough spitting out balls at random. All the switches are recognizing the balls so I don’t have a solution. I’ve called Frank but no response yet. This sucks!
I just started a new stream on twitch. I’d love you all to come by and hang out! I will have wonka LE with direct audio and video, as well as this weekend I will be receiving JP pro and The Big Lebowski! So stop by, watch some pins, get drunk together and shoot me a follow if you enjoy it. Logo and overlays coming in the near future too!
The channel is DeathSaveArcade. Also can follow on Twitter @DeathSaveArcade or hit the notifications button on twitch to see when streams go live. I look forward to hopefully meeting lots of ya in there.
Now I am gonna call JJP again....

is your ball jam opto active too? if the machine thinks that this opto (ball jam) is being activated, then it will try to clear the jam by sending out another ball. it is switch 6 i believe.

#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

and right behind it is 1.13!
==============================================================================
== Version 01.13 August 22, 2019 ==
==============================================================================
- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V01.06 &
V01.07 & V01.08 & V01.09 & V01.10 & V01.12.
=== Game Code
* Reduced diverter flasher blink time.

ha, i just sent the email over to you for this.

you guys are just so fast!

1 week later
#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

it seems my Wonka is turning every multiball into a 6 ball multiball. it is not every time, but it is quite often. It is losing track of how many ball sare in play as well, ending multiball while there are two ball in play (during these constant feed mutliballs.) what could be causing this?

go into your test menu and then tests>switch tests. check to see if you trough optos are working correctly. are all 6 lit? is the jam opto lit? remove the balls from the game and then use the palm of your hand to tap on the playfield. you are looking to see if the optos register when there are none in there. if you have a trough opto issue, then contact your distributor to get a replacement.

2 weeks later
#2478 1 year ago

the printed manuals were never really about the actual technical information, it was about the "behind the scenes" items that are included in the manual.

1 month later
#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from erniebh:

We can't stop playing!!

Mine was in a separate white padded envelope.

attached to the outside of the box.

#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How many CE’s would you guess they’re making?When they’re done with CE’s are they going back to SE’s?

from what i understand, ALL 500 CE are going to be built at one time. When they are done with CE's they will be going back to LE/SE mixes.

1 week later
#3138 1 year ago

Wonka software v1.31 release

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v01.31.iso

this is a FULL update, not a delta.

PLEASE backup any settings prior to install if you want to keep them.

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I had the same issue with my Mac/Catalina combo, but fortunately my wife had not updated her Mac to Catalina yet so I was able to set up my USB on hers. All went smoothly after that. Hope this gets addressed in the future.

The future will be over the internet updates... no need for a mac to get in the way.

1 month later
#3637 11 months ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

On my Willy Wonka Limited Edition, I have version 01.14 installed. From my understanding I need to not to a delta update but a full update. I tried doing it with the Willy Wonka Full Install 1.31, using the unetbootin. I'm on a Mac. Once I do exactly as it says, and I put the USB into the Willy Wonka machine, I turn it on and it just turns on the game like normal. I've spent the last 6 hours on this and I am beyond frustrated with it, anything I'm doing wrong? Do I need to name the thumbdrive something? Any help would be huge.

Try this method for macs instead (from jjp beta group)

Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file

Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.

Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.

Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents

Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.

Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.

Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.

Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.

3 weeks later
#3886 10 months ago
Quoted from indybru:

The se is very tempting unfortunately if and when I take the plunge most likely going with le.
Big reason I have 3 JJP games that are le’s one is actually RR Woz. I enjoy them so much can’t think I would ever sell . That’s the overriding factor I have to consider.

you could have it in your home tomorrow if you wish... (wink, wink).

#3912 10 months ago

I would check the SATA cable at both the drive and the motherboard. Try switching sata ports on the motherboard. Possibly swap sata cables if you have a spare.

If you suspect the drive itself then run to frys or best buy and grab the smallest and cheapest ssd drive they have (best buy had 120gb for $20 not too long ago. These are standard ssd drives. I replaced one in a customer's potc before Christmas that had a similar issue.

#3933 10 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I have a brand new older style drive that I tried. I plugged it in and then put the full install usb in and got the same thing. Something else might be going on. If I let it count down it just crashes so if yours is doing this it’s not good. If I bought a new ssd how do I get the software on it?

Quoted from LTG:

Install the SSD in the game.
Then do a full install of 1.31 . Follow full install directions to put on USB stick and then into game.
LTG : )

Yeah, like llyod said, install the new drive (I would try a different sata port on motherboard also (and a different cable if you can).

The game doesnt know the difference between the factory drive or a new drive. As long as the motherboard "sees" the drive (and only one) it will load the software onto that drive.

#3947 10 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I had a brand new drive that I tried, it’s not a ssd but I got the same results when trying to load the full install on it. Does it have to be a ssd I don’t want to go out and buy another and get the same results.[quoted image]

Have you tried changing sata ports on the motherboard? Do you have another sata cable to try?

It doesnt have to be a ssd, but it a standard drive might not be fast enough for the game.

#3948 10 months ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I'm not sure if a new SSD works.
if you read point 10 here,
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/sw/beta/jjp_wifi_beta_terms_conditions.pdf
then it does not work so easily with the new installation and you need an New SSD from JJP.
I made an image with Arconis (Full Image Backup), the new SSD was not running.
That's why I didn't register for the update beta test, it was too dangerous for me.
No idea how JJP protects the SSD so that nobody can access it.

As far as I know, the software is encrypted, not the hardware. I had a customer with a bad potc le drive before Christmas. I pulled the potc ce drive from my game, installed it in his and it worked great. Then i stopped at best buy on my way home, grabbed the cheapest ssd they had ($20, 120gb), installed it my game, loaded the iso and have been playing flawlessly (the game, not me) ever since.

#3951 10 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Did you have to format that new drive or did you just pop it in and do the usb install?

Just plugged it in and used the usb install, but if you're seeing the same error with two different drives then I suspect either the sata port or the cable (or possibly a bad download of the code you are trying to use).

#3962 10 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

They have the bios on lockdown with a password. Also I don’t have a number to reach anyone live. I really need to get someone on the phone.

Have you tried swapping sata cables or motherboard sata ports? Either of these could cause some issues.

#4004 10 months ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Anyone who's saying that the Wonkavator assembly on the LE and CE's are "not much to them" or "no big deal"....... Just take a look at this drawing. Seems like a big deal to me. Just saying....[quoted image]

yeah, i LOVE the drawing sections of the manuals. it really makes you understand how one part from one manufacturer can hold up everything. there are 1000's (if not 10,000's) of parts in each machine.

#4010 10 months ago

From what i have been told (as a distributor), there will NOT be a printed manual from JJP for any Willy Wonka machines.

#4012 10 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I like that the manual can be digitally stored within the machine, but it must take forever to scroll through and zoom on pages with the 4 coin door buttons versus a printed manual.

it's not that bad, and you can also download it to your tablet, phone or computer

1 week later
#4093 10 months ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Looking to trade a game from my current lineup for a Wonka. Anyone in the Midwest interested?

We might have some show specials for mgc in a few weeks. If you are interest in a trade (plus or minus cash) let me know.

#4132 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Still waiting on CE delivery. Going on 10 months now from game announcement?

Ce are in stock and ready. What's the holdup?

#4172 10 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Actually I do see this.
Since I am getting my machine today, it looks like I need to first install 1.31 before going with 1.33?
Can anyone confirm this? This is what I see on JJP..
Willy Wonka Delta Upgrade 1.31 to 1.33 *NEW*
NOTE: MUST BE INSTALLED OVER 1.31 OR 1.32

Correct. If your current code is less than 1.31 you will need to download the 1.31 iso, then follow the instructions per jjp website. Once you are up to 1.31, then you can apply the 1.33 update.

#4205 10 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Might need to jump on one of those. Looks great! Thanks...
Also, normal to hear a loud squelching noise on boot up? Ive already read the gobstopper motor is loud on startup so I know thats normal.

Yes.

#4290 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m getting the run around now on my CE delivery

Ger your money back and order from someone else.

#4302 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm calling Jack tomorrow. Gonna get to the bottom of it.
Like i said, fully paid since April of last year.
Do anybody know anyone that has paid for a CE and not gotten one?

Are you buying from an authorized distributor or someone masquerading as one? I don't know of any any authorized distributors that ask for full payment up front, unless the games are in stock and ready to go. I am not asking you out anyone, just making others aware that authorized distributors are supposed to be held to higher standards.

#4315 10 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok where is JJP on my speaker issue! First ticket Monday, called Tuesday, left messages for two people who Jen told me to reach out to. Again today, then she said she would email them and they would get back to me asap... still nothing.
Where is all this great JJP customer service I have been hearing about?
My frustration is growing..

Did you buy it directly from JJP? If not, make use of your distributor to take care of these items. IT IS THEIR JOB to support the games after the sales. If they just pass you along to tech support and don't help you, then find a better distributor.

#4340 9 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I played Wonka for the first time and really want one. So I am looking for one in MD/PA/Va area. Have an Indiana Jones to trade. Only concern is now that I’ve read a few pages on this thread it looks like JJP service is bad and getting worse as they add games. Since these games are pretty advanced you can’t always troubleshoot it yourself. First hand experience I’ve left 4 messages for a friends DI that won’t power up and no calls back. Not what I expected from them. It also seems to have hurt aftermarket wonka prices as they are now 6500. Anyway looking for one local to me. Great Pat Lawlor pin.

Have your friend email me and I'll see if I can help him

Sales@kingpingames.net

#4348 9 months ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I'm having an issue where the ball goes into the "Super Secret Machine" but doesn't make it's way down the subway. I can see the ball if I look down the hole just kind of sitting there. Any easy fix for this before I call support?
I think I might also have the sound issue. It doesn't sound as clear as my Dialed In. This is an October build as well. rager170 let me know if you get your issue resolved. I'll probably have to do the same.
Otherwise, the game is AMAZING. So many shots, and so much to do.

Try turning up the power to the "subway kickover" (or something like that) coil. The way it works is that the ball enters the secret machine, then stages before getting to the vuk. There is a coil that kicks it from the staging area to the vuk.

#4350 9 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Need to give a plug to KingPinGames. I asked for help on Pinside and they reached out with several detailed emails to help me work on a Dialed In issue even though I did not buy the game from them. Great Service.
Looking for a Wonka Standard. Have a very nice Indiana Jones or even my TZ to trade toward one.

Just people helping people. Nothing more than that.

#4360 9 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Only 3 Ij in 10 years
I want a JJP in my collection. Love the movie and the games plays smooth.

if you want to make the drive to TPF or MGC, i can send you home with SUO (show use only) game with $500 off msrp discount and free shipping to the show pricetag....

#4387 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So yes i did buy my game from an "authorized distributor" at the time, you know him, now he's in a dispute with JJP.
JJP decided to make the issue between them and my "authorized distributor" at the time MY problem. The reply was "sorry that happened to you, you should get your money back and buy from someone else". WTF?
I'm just the innocent 3rd party buyer in good faith. And that's how i was treated as a customer of them. "Too bad, sorry it happened".
Yeah i don't think so, they need to help facilitate getting me the game i ordered and paid for through their "authorized distributor". I shouldn't have to suffer as an innocent party in the middle of THEIR dispute.
It'll get worked out.
I was a first month WOZ buyer way back when so nothing really surprises me.

Sorry to hear this. I hope it gets worked out and you get your game.

#4453 9 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a worthwhile diff between the standard and the LE?

Main physical difference is the se does not have a physical ball lock.

Other differences

Cabinet art
Backglass art
Powder coat
Invisiglass
Shaker motor
Headphone jack

#4492 9 months ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Just received my Wonka CE and it is truely amazing, but unfortunately I've got an issue straight out of box that maybe somebody here can help me with. The game starts and says to go into the test screen. The test screen says that the camera can not be intialized and another screen says the camera can not be found. I have opened the backbox up and have traced the camera to the USB port. I've removed and reseated both the USB connection and the connection directly behind the camera without any luck. I've also upgraded the firmware to 1.33 but this hasn't helped either. I've put a service ticket in to JJ but do any of the gurus out there have any suggestions to try to get this working?

Try changing usb ports to see if that changes anything.

#4529 9 months ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Is there a setting that stops the Wonkavator from unloading when powering on?

no, it needs to do this to make sure the optos are working properly.

1 week later
#4592 9 months ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

NIB LE arriving tomorrow. My first pin! I am pretty sure I will need to take the backbox off to get it upstairs with two people and a hand truck. Has anyone done this? What about taking out the playfield to reduce weight? Is this practical?
We can probably muscle it up, but making it as light as possible seems like a good idea--safest for the machine and people involved.

Quoted from romulusx:

Could you borrow or rent an escalera or even a strong appliance dolly?Two strong guys and job done

definitely rent the escelara if you can. your back will thank you for the $100 or so that it costs.

#4596 9 months ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

NIB LE arriving tomorrow. My first pin! I am pretty sure I will need to take the backbox off to get it upstairs with two people and a hand truck. Has anyone done this? What about taking out the playfield to reduce weight? Is this practical?
We can probably muscle it up, but making it as light as possible seems like a good idea--safest for the machine and people involved.

if you are pulling the head anyways, you might as well pull the playfield.

i had to pull the head on a potc le. just take some pictures (lots of them from multiple angles, really, you CAN'T HAVE TOO MANY PICTURES), then remove the wires. you will probably want to remove the hinges from the backbox, but be warned that they (the hinges) will want to spin around. make sure you resecure them with some painters tape or something so they don't spin and scratch the armor. the playfield has rails on the underside, so you can sit it aside and not worry about damaging anything underneath.

2 months later
#5246 6 months ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Greetings! I’m getting fluttering (without me hitting flipper button) in my top right flipper. It mostly happens when there is action in the play field and also stops in some game modes. I just noticed it so haven’t done a full diagnosis. Anyone else ever get this?
I’m looking for help on where to start chasing the problem down.
Thanks!

check the gap on our flipper switch stack. sounds like the two blades might be a little close.

3 months later
#5888 3 months ago
Quoted from jester523:

I keep getting two error codes:
Check Matrixed switch #31 Gobstopper Target (stuck open)
Check Dedicated switch #D27 Plumb bob tilt (stuck open)
Not sure about the plumb bob, the the gobstopper target seems to keep sticking. Sometimes when I hit it it doesn't register, but the ball hit will loosen it I guess, and the second hit will trigger the hole to open. Yes I am aware you have to hit it multiple times sometimes, but this is on the first round of gobstopper multiball, when one hit will do. Does it need to be lubricated or something. I don't want to mess with it too much without knowing what I should do.

Quoted from zaphX:

Gobstopper target: See if the switch and roller is sliding up above the actuator.
Plumb bob: You're probably not tilting enough Manually activate it in switch test to see.

yep, do what derek suggested. on the gobstopper switch, you might need to adjust the switch itself down a bit so the roller can't jump over the top of the metal arm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside