• Standard 82 votes
    26%
  • Limited Edition 166 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 64 votes
    21%

(312 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 436 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
B857FC0B-9BD4-4326-91A1-C757F2D852A1 (resized).jpeg
4E056ACF-F3D8-4D28-9013-3D418D103B8B (resized).jpeg
20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png
7E92476D-5EFA-4EB7-8C43-E748A85BF509 (resized).jpeg
15C686A2-F3F6-43C8-A045-704B6E55F419 (resized).jpeg
Attach29812_20191007_111809 (resized).jpg
jumpstart (resized).jpg
A1A1F340-5AC7-4DC9-87AD-34F2F398D289 (resized).jpeg
20190930_210333 (resized).jpg
20190930_185009 (resized).jpg
20190930_201519 (resized).jpg
20190930_200450 (resized).jpg
122C2F0C-3C78-4D5D-B6DC-331E126CCD2E (resized).jpeg
6B9ACB99-A63E-4F2A-B536-095E20FCC4CD (resized).jpeg
904491FB-D9EE-4E0A-A876-82C4F0502DE7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (6 months ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (3 months ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (3 months ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (3 months ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (86 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#289 6 months ago

My wife & I played all the versions at the reveal and for the next couple of days at MGC off and on (several times). Met some of you fellow pinheads and that was pretty cool to compare notes on this one in person. For those that really like DI, this "kind of" has the same feel and emotion to it. Same designer and coder (I was told Ted was lead at the reveal … maybe not since others say Joe). This is not like JJPOTC and TH with the theatrical lights, sounds, and call outs that pull you right in. Like DI, it is more of a happy, fun game that you want to play again … and that every few games just kicks your butt with SDTM returns from missed shots. Like Pat said at the reveal … not too hard, but not too easy either. I hope that they improve the music to be more dramatic at critical times and more call outs, maybe a little heckling too please.

I think for locations, the standard would be the one to go with. I didn't see anyone while I was there get the wonkavator multiball. That is real tough if you look at the rules. So it's not "real" important game play wise for locations that don't usually have tournament type players there. For home use, I think the extras for the LE make it worth while. Like someone else posted, I want the complete playfield with all of the gadgets and gizmos possible. I will have to learn how to get that wonkavator. The CE was nice, but not $3K more nice for us. We are in for an LE, but not a rush.

We met and talked to Pat's wife at the reveal too. She's very nice and talked with us for 5 minutes or so. Shhh - she said Pat has already started the drawings for his next game. She said that he really enjoys this work again and will be staying put at JJP for a while. A very nice conversation. All (or most) JJP people are sociable and that is great for us customers. It adds to the pin hunt experience.

#300 6 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

they also have oktoberfest

That one at Level 257 crash rebooted on us a couple of times last Thursday. Needs your latest update.

We've still got about 45 plays left on our play card there. My wife wants to go back there and spend another day there when Wonka shows up. Post updates on that please. It's only 4 hours down the road.

#313 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The LED lights and shows, and those tiny little "candy" LEDs are amazing. When you get into certain modes and they light up and do their LED dance, it's so awesome in person.

Whoever it is at JJP that is coding the sweeps in these lighting arrays is getting really good at it. There would be a sweep of lights for a second or two on all inserts toward or away from some target that you hit during game play, then they return back to normal. That's adding a classy touch to it.

#326 5 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Man I REALLY want multi-colored balls (gobstopper) balls to be a thing!!

I asked Eric about that. Currently there isn't a good technically sound way to detect the color on the pinballs reliably - for the colors to be interactive with the game. The TZ powerball is detected by a device that checks if the ball can be attracted to a magnet. The TZ powerball is ceramic so it does not attract to the magnet and that is how it is detected in the game at launch. I thought that was interesting.

#338 5 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did any of the games at the reveal not have the wonkavator, as the SE will not? I'm in on SE and wanted to make sure it wasn't a huge feature that will be missing, besides the whole physical lock. I know the lighting in the corner will be less.

I know that a few people got a wonkavator lock, didn't see one happen myself, probably one on a stream. No one that I saw playing got the wonkavator multiball. It's something that you won't see very often unless you play with some really good players ... or unless new code makes it easier.

#384 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Joe@PinballStar said I am likely to end up on the second run of LE's. I am fine either way. I am hoping there will be one at GSPF to play, otherwise, does anyone have a list of other shows the pin would be expected to make?

From what I have been told, it will NOT be at PATZ, VFW, or Replay Fx.

#387 5 months ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Multiples games will be at Pintastic! Along with Charlie, Veruca Salt and Mike TV. Join in on the fun, get your WW kids meet and greet package or just come see them in the vendor hall and attend there Q and A seminar on the making of Willy Wonka.

Really wish we could, but that's quite a drive for us (who don't like to fly). Maybe skip Replay Fx next year for Toy Story at Pintastic and take one of those home from the factory.

1 month later
#483 4 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Fantastic news! Jack and Co are certainly heading in the right direction, and a little birdie told me Jack just flew out to Vegas for the licensing expo which should bode well for jjps future in this business.

That means another few days before we see the "required traditional cartwheel" for shipping.

2 weeks later
#503 3 months ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

Nothing has shipped officially, but I believe JJP may post an update on production in the next few days.

We are awaiting the arrival of the JJP traditional cartwheel video ...

2 weeks later
#844 3 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

New to JJP games, so not sure if this is something that happens in all the JJP games or not, but we were supposed to setup a 2-player game and the first player only pressed start one time. When they got to ball 3 we realized it was only 1-player. Held in the start button, and it added player 2, with 3 balls. Pretty crazy!

That's the Reserve Ball setting and is available on all JJP games. Extra balls are also stacked at the end with players continuing to take turns of one ball each until they run out.

#947 3 months ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

It’s lit by getting your first Golden Ticket. It’s started by hitting the right orbit shot just under the WonkaVision.

So then it is not on the Rule Sheet above in post 923? I still don't see it on there unless it is the "oompa loompah hurry up" awarded from the captive ball. ??? If they added more than what was planned ... great! Keep adding.

#952 3 months ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

That mode was added after that flow chart was put out. They also added Wonka’s Office after your second ticket, an award of some sort after your third, another mini wizard mode after your fourth, and the final wizard mode, Pure Imagination, after collecting your fifth. Super deep code and feels complete. I haven’t been in the hobby very long, but this is the first modern machine I’ve seen released that has complete code when it ships. Anything they add going forward is just icing.

That's great to hear. My wife and I only have mediocre skills, so as we get better and progress through getting more golden tickets, this would reward us and give us something more to look forward too (strive for). Can't wait to get ours.

#956 3 months ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

The best part was this: she confessed that when the 2nd ball drained, she actually went and did her hair and makeup real quick so that she would take a great picture, and then she proceeded to seal the deal! To think that this wasn’t even a thing just a few years ago...

Ya, my wife doesn't want to play our DI or JJPOTC if she doesn't think that she is photogenic at the time. I haven't told her that she can disable that camera feature at the start of the game yet. More time for me to play them ... I guess that I should tell her ... some day. I disabled that message in the attract mode about disabling the camera so that guests wouldn't know about it (mostly for selfy mode in DI to surprise them).

#1023 89 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oooh, glad this got sorted out, and I appreciated how you took and shared measurements. I'd never have fathomed this issue could be so minuscule in how it's affected.
I work for USPS, and to get packages shipped en masse, these things are often dumped in containers, on belts, and I'm surprised any boxes arrive perfect. It's a rough system, but parcels get sent and received at fairly small cost, and quite quickly.

My dad designed 3 post office distribution centers at once - Detroit, Chicago, and I think St. Louis or somewhere in CA. If they are the same as what he designed about 40-50 years ago, he would get sooo mad when people blamed the post offices for damaged packages. He claimed that they over-pack the conveyor system and spiral shoots that he designed and they just jam it all up. A lot fewer packages were shipped 40 years ago. They are pushing past capacity for the almighty dollar and to avoid shipping delays. He had some interesting stories.

#1101 87 days ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have ideas for a topper on the LE? Putting my LE in a room full of games with toppers and I'm a sucker for consistency.

I plan on getting one from one of the Topper mod people when they come out, but ... I got 2 of these toppers from slot machines in Vegas. One stays this same color, and another one being shipped to me now will do automated color sweeps. They both have LED's that light them up. I might put one of these above whatever topper I eventually get (If that topper doesn't already have "Wonka" on it). Or do something else with one of them and maybe eventually sell the other. I'm trying to come up some ideas myself.
pasted_image (resized).png

#1144 85 days ago

I got an email that my LE shipped today (Friday) or will on Monday. At least I hope that it meant that. If not, then next week. So, yes ... the LEs are shipping out to home owners.

#1152 85 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Be sure to post some pics. You're going to love this machine!

Will do. Shipping company notification shows that I will likely get it around next Thursday. Time to re-arrange my pins and the room that they are in so that all of the JJP's are kept together. It just doesn't seem right to separate them. OCD, nerdy, whatever it is …

#1205 81 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

A lot of drains on left side . I put post where screw hole is but then balls get stuck there . Im assuming black cap can be taken off and a post put there ???[quoted image]

Some have moved the rubber from the post between the lanes (between the out lane and the sling) and moved it to the new post on the out lane. That's what I'll probably try first ... after i get my LE tomorrow.

#1244 79 days ago

Woooohoooo!! Joined the club today. Lots to talk about. I've played the standard several times at locations … I really like the extra bling and wonkavator. But … when I got a 5 ball kid multiball, it stole one ball from the wonkavator, then I had to re-lock the second wonkavator ball again. Does that happen with a standard?

They had a larger pallet for it (cost more for shipping now because of that), but it slipped to one side of the pallet. No biggy, but FYI for JJP people.
20190725_152003 (resized).jpg

The indicator showed it wasn't tipped though …
20190725_152009 (resized).jpg

The legs were packed 100% better on top with some cushioned triangular shaped separators. Good packing change there ...
20190725_152130 (resized).jpg20190725_152615 (resized).jpg

The bottom is plywood with some cushions with some grooves in it. Likely helps with it moving around.
20190725_152802 (resized).jpg20190725_160718 (resized).jpg

FYI - There's more pieces of foam than what is in the instructions. One was under the ramp and not sure the purpose of that one. Glad they are protecting things though - nothing broken
20190725_161328 (resized).jpg
One issue to look out for that I found … the screws under the lock down bar were too high and the glass hit it when trying to remove the glass. Check this before you remove it for the first time. Also … the Invisiglass logo was facing down toward the playfield, yet the "made in America" sticker was facing up. I was told by LTG a few years ago (for a different pin) that the logo should be read facing up. Has this changed? Curious, because it matters (or mattered before).
20190725_161439 (resized).jpg

Not listed in the instructions is that this packing material screwed to the back of the cabinet should come off.
Keep it in case you ever sell it or move it.
20190725_162151 (resized).jpg
New piece (fix) has been added to the end of the trough! The ball will not get stuck (I tried it) and will not fall through into the cabinet like previously reported. Nice fix JJP!
20190725_162358 (resized).jpg

Anyone know where I can buy a Wonka blanket? LOL
20190725_170304 (resized).jpg

All 5! We love them all!
20190725_170641 (resized).jpg

FYI - pallet size difference. JJPOTC arrived on the smaller one and Wonka arrived on the larger one.
20190725_172045 (resized).jpg

#1257 79 days ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Congratulations!! I hope that you enjoy your game!! Could you tell me what your born on date is? I am curious about when they started adding the ball trough fix.

7/18 and is an LE. They may have started that with the start of the LE's.

#1289 78 days ago

Did you find the screws for the LE plaque attachment? If so, where were they? Mine are missing or I didn't look in the correct place for them.

#1317 77 days ago

Something I have to look into … the spinner stops the ball dead probably about 1 out of every 3 shots from the upper left flipper. Doesn't get "stuck". Not really logical, so something is up. The ONLY hiccup that I have found so far.

#1324 76 days ago

I was looking at the lighting today … its a very dark playfield in an unlit room. There ARE connections on some of the lighting boards that are labeled for spotlights. They wouldn't have spent money on the boards for those connections if it wasn't originally planned for. I wonder what happened and if those connections are still programmed to work. I have a spare set of pinstadiums I might try, but I don't wont to take away the effects of the RGB playfield lights. Maybe pinstadiums with low light.

Did you need some special connectors ordered with it to tap into the GI or shaker? If so, I might have to contact him to try it.

#1393 74 days ago

The gradual shaker intensity increase at the beginning of wonkavator multiball in sync with the video and sound is REALLY cool.

Starting to get the hang of this. I just scored 3,108,590 on Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory Pinball machine by @JJPinball 00026-1 via @wonkapinball

#1450 73 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok the diverter is really starting to piss me off a lot.
Problem is bouncebacks where the ball doesn't end up diverting. I spent some time with a few solutions tonight, none of which worked:
Weather stripping: Too thick, kept the ball from falling into the hole.
Fuzzy velcro: This seemed to help some, but did not resolve the problem.
Clear cabinet bumper (flat/wide): Same problem as the weather stripping, it was too thick and blocked the hole.
If anyone has additional suggestions for this issue I am all ears.

Following ... mine does bounce backs and diverter misses also. Maybe just lobby Joe and the software guys that when it's not in a multiball mode, just keep the diverter in place until another switch is triggered. Not sure why the switch would need to switch back so quickly to not still divert a bounce back from the diverter. Just an idea.

1 week later
#1789 62 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

That's because some nasty little Troll insiders went and red flagged all the good reviews.

According to what Robin told me, the red flags don't effect the final rating number unless you use the filters (that aren't used by default). There are a bunch of low ratings with no comments from people that are Stern fan boys. I'd speculate that they didn't want Wonka rated above their favorite game. Unfortunately that is one of the problems with the ratings. I wouldn't hold too much value in the ratings ... even though I admit I keep an eye on them and the actual comments out of curiosity. If you look at the pins that they own and the ratings they have made, you can judge for yourself if their ratings/comments hold any value to you.

#1806 62 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Everyone, please call Jenn or post on the support forum/claim about your issues with the diverter. Right now they do not believe us and say only 1 person has had issues.

Then they aren't reading this thread too well. Most of us have this problem and we are waiting for a solution. Will add to the forum list of "Me too"'s.

edit: I didn't see a Google forum topic for it, so I created a new one. Search for: Wonka Diverter Issue - You too?

#1813 61 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t think it’s occurring on my game, but when is the diverter supposed to come down? I know it comes down when super lock is lit. I think during Oompa Loompa odyssey, but when else so I can look for it.

If the yellow flasher is flashing above the left upper flipper, it should divert (I think) every time. That's when I notice it missing.

#1817 61 days ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This is happening on my day 1 SE. Where do we need to report this?

If you are on the JJP Google Groups forum, I just added a topic - "Wonka Diverter Issue - You too?" If you don't want to get too verbal about it, just reply "Me too"

If you own a JJP pin and are not on their forum yet, email Jen to be added. You just have to give her an email address to be invited.

#1820 61 days ago
Quoted from psexton:

What is the URL to the JJP Google Group?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz

JJP (Jen) needs to invite you to join the group.

#1917 58 days ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I had that issue where it would sneak past. The screw holding the L-shapes bracket on was loose. I had to remove the 4 screws holding the plastic cover on and then remove the 4 screws holding the diverter on. Then a quick tightening and it was all fixed. Pretty easy fix.

I opened up the covers to get at the solenoid last night. It's very inconsistent how that diverter rests. It is not on a pivot. Just a small spring pulls it up. The magnet solenoid pulls it down. After I messed with it, it stayed down. I had to mess with it some more to get it working again. All screws were secure. It appears to me that the functionality is a "little" inconsistent and there's probably very little "we" as buyers can do about it. It seems like some programming tweaking "might" help. But, if the machine that Joe uses for coding works fine, it might be hard for him to adjust - if it isn't malfunctioning for him, how can he fix it? I just hope that there is an eventual fix or adjustment for it.

#1955 57 days ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

The story behind these two plugged holes on Twilight Zone's Pop Bumper area is hilarious......
The following is quoted from Ted Estes write-up on TZ design process:
***Jet Bumper Posts – Some games have two posts with rubber rings installed in the jet bumpers. The history of these posts is a story of frustration for the design team. In designing Twilight Zone, Pat Lawlor wanted to try something a bit radical, and placed the jet bumpers very close to the bottom of the playfield. After experimenting with the jet bumper placement on the whitewoods, Pat decided that they weren’t too bad down there. Something changed (slight positioning differences of posts and jet bumpers, perhaps?) between the whitewoods and prototypes, however. The ball kept flying down the left drain any time it went into the bumpers. After a few weeks of listening to complaints, Pat came into work one morning, grabbed a drill, some T-nuts, posts, and rubbers, and installed the posts. The complaints died down until several thousand games into the production run. Now, people were complaining that the ball would fly out of the bumpers and straight between the flippers! Something else had changed (slight warp of the playfield, perhaps?). Pat decided to take out the posts, but leave the holes, and put the posts in the coin box for the operator to decide to use. Which setup should you use? Which ever makes your game play the best.***
I know this isn't a TZ thread, but understanding the history of Lawlor, and his approach to pop bumpers is a good thing!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting ... and maybe why Pat left an added post in the coin box for the Wonka left out lane. Not related to the jet bumpers, but to give the option for the pretty unforgiving area left of the slings. I installed that left out lane post and it plays much better for us. It still really doesn't make it super easy over there, but my wife and I consider it more "fair" and more enjoyable with it in. I'm glad Pat gave it that option with Wonka.

#2015 54 days ago

Is there something on the trough boards that would indicate if I have the old board that people are having problems with, or the newer board that seems like it is trouble-free? I don't have a problem with it, just want to know if it's eventually going to happen.

#2054 52 days ago

Suggestion for owners - do not lift the playfield all the way up with 2 balls locked in the Wonkavator. They drop into the VUK and "could" get jammed when it does a ball search on power up. It took about 5 tries to get one of the balls up to then drain it. I should have powered up to drain the Wonkavator balls first, then power down, then lift the playfield.

#2074 52 days ago
Quoted from jlatko:

My Wonkavator mechanism when releasing balls for multi-ball, sometimes just releases the first ball, and the other two remain stuck.
They eventually pop out much later during ball search, or sometimes even while I'm still playing the ball that was released a minute earlier.
Is this a common problem, or did I find a new issue here? Thanks.

When that happens, notice if its actually the wonkavator multiball. Sometimes (not often) when I get a 5 ball multiball going, it will release 1 wonkavator locked ball as there's only 6 in the game. Then it will light the lock again automatically when the multiball is over. I could be wrong on this, but I read it somewhere and experience that scenario a couple of times. Or I perceive it to be that.

#2148 48 days ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Every party needs a pooper...

Virtual crop dusting

#2154 48 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Kid magnet is up and running today , no adjustments, must’ve been overloaded due to my phenomenal gameplay...uhhhr

In one of the recent updates, it lists adding some magnet cooling time code. Maybe that's why you didn't see that before. I was in a Wonka release party tournament over the weekend and the magnet stopped working. That bugged me because "I could have made that shot if it was working". Anyway ... looks like they might have to look into that further, code wise ... or ... maybe I'll have to look at modding a fan to cool the magnet in my pin if the cooling just needs to happen for that long.

#2159 48 days ago

Maybe the CE will have liquid cooled magnets. (Just joking.) Joe will hopefully find a good solution through code that will keep the magnet cool and happy, and yet not overheat the player.

#2246 42 days ago

I finally got around to updating the code and the diverter works correctly as intended now. My first game on the new code I got Grand Champion and got to play the office for the first time. Still stuck at only getting two golden tickets. I still need to figure out many things with this game and wish there was a good written rulesheet with explanations on what qualifies what.

20190901_120452 (resized).jpg
#2248 42 days ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I don’t know if this help you, but take a look at this page.
http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

Yes, that helps and is a good start. I'll keep checking back on it for updates. Thanks

#2258 41 days ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Any rules questions, just fire away. I have been helping to update that Tilt Forums wiki as new information becomes available.

I would like to know how to get all 5 golden tickets? How many hits of what? I get the same 2 tickets as everyone else. Should I be concentrating on some other golden ticket from the start? If you fail at a golden ticket attempt, does the progress carry over on the next ball (like killing Smaug in Hobbit)? What multipliers come into play for modes/wizards (like Hobbit and DI)?

#2260 41 days ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Gobstopper golden ticket is obtained by collecting 5 super jackpots in gobstopper multiball. Light super jackpots by hitting ramps. The number of ramp hits needed increases after each super jackpot. Super jackpots are collected at the gobstopper hole. The number of super jackpots collected is held for the entire game and visible on the main screen as spinning gobstoppers on little pedestals.
Kid Multiball ticket is collected by hitting all 7 jackpots in kid multiball. Each kid has their own shot associated with it for a jackpot. The camera ramp is a double jackpot. Collect 5 jackpots to light super jackpot at the left lane that starts kid multiball. Progress is saved for the entire game.
Wonkavator ticket is collected by finishing 3 stages of wonkavator multiball. First stage is hitting 5 or 6 jackpots. Then you can lock balls in the gobstopper hole. Once you have only 1 ball left and at least one ball locked in the gobstopper hole, hit the right loop from the upper left flipper to put a ball in the wonkavator for a super jackpot. This starts level 2 and gives you all of your balls back. Hit more jackpots and lock balls again to finish level 2. I don’t know what level 3 looks like as I haven’t made it there yet. I’m guessing it’s the same. Progress is saved for the game. I’ve had it where I just had to hit the gobstopper target to open the hole when I restarted the multiball.
You can see all of your progress on all of these in the instant info page.
For multipliers, they work in all modes and multiballs except for the wizard modes. You can’t start Oompa Loompa Odyssey if you have any modes running. You can start Wonka’s Office, but I don’t know what happens to the running modes. I think they get canceled.
Hope that helps.

Thanks - I'll book mark this too to go along with the tilt forums but … what about the other 2 elusive golden tickets - the factory golden ticket and the gumball golden ticket? I can't find much at all about how to get those. The little I've seen in the old outdated rules flowchart is that it seems like they are just from "things" accumulated during the game. What do you have to accomplish for those? Very interested in that info.

#2263 41 days ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

Factory ticket is obtained by completing all 12 factory modes. These are the modes started at the saucer. You just have to start them, you don’t have to successfully complete them.
Gumball ticket is random. You collect tokens for doing things in the game that are used in the gumball machine. Some examples: x number of sling hits, x number of ramps, going to the end of the instant info page, etc. you get them as you play the game. After 5 are collected, you have a random chance to get a golden ticket when you get one. The chance of getting one goes up until you collect 12. At that point, your chance is 50% every time you collect one. You can get a sense of how many you’ve collected by looking at the gumball machine on the wankavision. The more empty it is, the better your chances of getting a golden ticket. I found setting to change these numbers in settings, which is how I know the percentages. Also, there are multiple levels to many of them. So after so many sling hits, you get level 1. Get a bunch more and you’ll get level 2. I don’t know what the max levels are.

That helps - thanks!

#2297 38 days ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I picked p a nice Slot topper last week... it color changes with RGB LEDs....[quoted image]

I got one of those from Vegas and hung it from the ceiling grid above the pin and approximately over the apron so that there wouldn't be any glare. I would have made it into a pin topper (still might), but I'm planning on buying a "regular" pinball topper - either the Laseriffic one that is still being planned/made or tilt topper. I also bought a different Wonka slot topper that the colors don't change (just lights up an orange-ish brown) that will be a topper for a framed signed poster, and some other signed stuff in a shadowbox with RGB LED lighting in the shadow box - still being worked on. I got a chocolate factory photo backdrop and a chocolate bar mold for Wonka embossed bars too for a future party. I think I "might" have taken this theme a little too far this time. Oh, well.

#2306 38 days ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Care to share a photo of this? Would like to see it. I plan on possibly using it as a pin topper, but may change based on how yours looks

Sure - I wont get home until late but I will take and post a pic.

#2311 37 days ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Care to share a photo of this? Would like to see it. I plan on possibly using it as a pin topper, but may change based on how yours looks

Here's a couple of pics. Once I finalize getting a topper and if I don't want to put this above the topper because of clearance or too much glare, then I will notch the ceiling tile for it to set flat.

20190905_195910 (resized).jpg20190905_195942 (resized).jpg20190905_200010 (resized).jpg
#2313 37 days ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Okay that looks really nice! Nice find.
Do you have any information on where someone else could purchase one?

Once the Vegas and Missouri casinos swap out their software to a different theme on their slot machine (new software, same machine), sometimes they need or want to liquidate the topper and surround glitz and lights. I found all of mine on eBay so far. From Vegas I got two of the Wonka toppers (one just stays one color), a WOZ slot topper that goes over 2 bluebird slot machines, and 2 different WOZ surrounds that go over and around a Bluebird slot machine (a horseshoe shape that fits over the top - might put those around some video screens of pinball ads or how it's made videos). From a Missouri casino I got an Iron Man topper that goes over two bluebird slot machines that has some animation to the lights. From what I heard (might not be true as I never verified it), shortly after I got the Iron Man one, Marvel withdrew all of the theme licenses from the casinos and ordered all of the Marvel toppers and surrounds be destroyed and not sold. If that's true, I got something pretty rare with that one.

Anyway … short answer is to just keep an eye out on Ebay. They show up there every now and then. Since SeatManDan got 1 and I got 2, they sold off at least 3 of them so far.

There's one there now … ebay.com link » Willy Wonka Casino Slot Machine Topper Illuminated Sign Wonka Casino Slot Sign

#2330 37 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There's no equivalent of killing smaug or sinking the ship or even hitting big bang, that I can see. Collecting a Wonka ticket doesn't compare I don't think.

For me, getting the Wonkavator multiball from having no balls previously locked from a prior game is pretty big.

Killing Smaug > Killing Witch > Wonkavator MB > Sinking Ship > Big Bang

Wonka is great and gets better as you get more playing time (and get better) to see some of the other levels/things that Keith listed. The game is growing on my wife & I and is a lot of fun, sometimes frustrating. It's great the way it is with the modes. It would be hard for any game to beat the theme immersion the code brings in Hobbit. That's not a put-down to Wonka though as all of the JJP games have great depth in code and are extremely entertaining and fun to play. That's why my wife & I own all of them and we aren't planning on selling any of them for a long time.

Final polishing in code is always appreciated. Humor and taunting call outs are always a popular positive. Wonka is good - no complaints with the latest code here (after the magnet overheating compensating code is finished being tested and released). Thanks to Joe, Keith and the JJP software team for another good one.

Edit: I did find one bug that if you hit the captive ball (I think that's what triggered this) and it awards you Wonkatania, but the ball drains directly after hitting the captive ball, the code for Wonkatania keeps going even through the bonus screen for a little bit and the sound files overlap and conflict with each other. Nothing big, but in case Joe doesn't know about that one.

#2364 34 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka is far, far more difficult and hostile than POTC in my view.
Golden tickets, other than the gumball machine “gimme” ticket, are a huge climb.
You get one for getting the Wonkavator super jackpot...3 times in a row. I’ve gotten the first super a couple of times so far.
For another you have to get Gobstopper super jackpots...5 times. When you do this, it puts gobstoppers on the colored plates in front of the gobstopper machine - one for each character just like the movie. So far Susan has collected one Gobstopper. None for me.
You get one for completing all 12 modes on the playfield, and another for kid multiball jackpots.
We are working on it and practicing like crazy, but these are going to keep us busy for a good long time.

The best of the best have a hard time getting to that final mode. I'll likely never get there, and would be a very long game, but it's fun trying. I got Wonkavator super jackpot twice one game. The ceiling for me is still 2 Golden Tickets and a little over 6 mil.

1 week later
#2461 27 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Thats what I have here..

It's from the factory to prevent loss of limbs to the oompa loompas - safety first! I'd suggest contacting your distributor or JJP directly to get one of those guards.

#2468 27 days ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Dumb adulting is getting in the way of me getting my Wonka working again...

Ya, I can't wait to retire someday (or win the lottery ... just once is all I need).

#2472 27 days ago

I hope the Wonka manual will be just as thorough as the other JJP manuals. If they don't sell the printed version, there will be another big complaint issue and someone will likely organize a group buy-in to have them printed (was starting to happen with JJPOTC manuals until a distributor helped out with finding some more), JJP would get upset at that sighting copyright issues, and it would turn into a real mess. Hopefully JJP sees the negatives of not having printed manuals available for purchase, and will at least make them in batches like they did with DI.

Or ... hopefully a distributor will speak up and debunk this rumor so that the uprising gets shot down quickly.

#2486 26 days ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Still dealing with very frequent reset issues... it doesn't appear to be software related.. rolled back from 1.14 to 1.06, tried 1.13.. reseated all the cables in the backbox.. still does it maybe 1/5-10 games.

Check the easy thing - make sure that the power cord connection to the back of the pin is seated all the way ... maybe wiggle it with the power on to see if there is a connection issue there. Then check the main voltages going from the transformer to the boards. On my Pirates, I had a loose wire on my transformer connector that would cause occasional issues. Check the connections and the power levels (voltages). That took a while to trace and diagnose my power issue that seems similar to yours - was just a wire pin not seated all the way into the main plastic connector.

#2520 24 days ago

I may have found an "Easter Egg" … or maybe it's just a random call out. When I drained a ball during Wonka's Office mode and had about 60K in that mode (almost beat the Joe Katz default 65K score for that mode), I received the Dialed In call out "Crazy" - guessing that Joe put it in there as a joke. (???) Not sure what triggered that, but was surprised by it. Is that common at that point? Just wondering if others noticed it at some point. Crazy.

#2522 24 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill never get that far...

Two golden tickets is all that it will take. That triggers the qualifier for the office mode. You'll get there.

1 week later
#2626 18 days ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I have a few questions.....
1) does anyone have an issue when two balls get diverted to the left upper flipper from the ramp? If there's a ball in there and I hit that left ramp causing another to be loaded, they just sit there until I shake the machine
2) is that left ramp an actual ball lock, or just a mech to divert the ball to the upper left flipper? I don't recall any balls locking in there in the 50+ games I have played so far
3) sometimes the Wonkavator release stub closes too quickly, so the ball doesn't have time to roll out.
Loving the game so far ....its my first JJP as well so I am not as savvy with troubleshooting it as the other brands

Make sure that you have the latest code installed. The last couple of versions had fixes for diverter and magnet issues. If you are on the latest code, remove the top cover over the diverter and check for loose bolts/nuts.

#2632 18 days ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Quick question- It's been a while since the latest 1.14 code came out, and I've held off on installing it.
For those who've been using it- Is it working reliably now?
-Dan

No diverter or magnet issues for me now with the new code. I'm really glad that they looked into this and adjusted the code for it.

#2647 16 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I played Wonka for a week before I realized there was a right loop shot.I was nailing the spinner on a regular basis,I now know it’s right above the spinner Right?

No, that's the wonkavision shot. One more to the left or the left lane under wonkavision.

#2679 12 days ago

Those of you who got the early LEs like me, check you ramp/oompa/camera guard. The holes in mine were a little oblong and one side went through the bolt holding it on, trapping a ball. The other side was lose because the bolt was too long and bottomed out (by design?). I added washers to keep it in place.

20190930_200450 (resized).jpg20190930_201519 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2811 6 hours ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious on opinions of getting the Le vs standard? I'm usually an Le guy on jjp games but not sure on this one. I played a standard on location, but wonder if the wonkavator really adds to anything. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I like the wonkavator and all of the extras on the LE. But if you just plan to keep it for a few months, learn it, and then sell it, the Standard would be plenty adequate. If it might be a long term keeper, spoil yourself with the LE. I don't regret spending the extra money for the long term keeper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 156.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside