IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kempsuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11314 2 years ago

Hi Pinside WW Owners
I used to own a WW LE, and kinda miss it... thinking about getting back in the club. My WW used to come out of the Pops and go SDTM. Do many of you still find this, was there a fix in code (not sure you can fix this in code) for this... or just suck it up and play better haha .
Thoughts on this?
Thank you

#11344 2 years ago

I got a December 2021 built LE a couple months back and have played about 450ish games so far. I see no issues with playfield clear bubbling around posts on mine, either. I also haven't had any issues with frequent sdtm drains out of the pops (I feel like that has to be something adjustable even on problem units, but I know some people have tried without great success to resolve it on their tables that do have that tendency).

So, the issues with the SDTM out of the Pops... how has this been fixed in the latest/last batch of WW's?? Just curious... I'm picking up / buying a late Oct 2021 from a Pinsider here, but just curious as I say. Super excited to getting back in the WW LE club for sure.
Thanks

#11345 2 years ago
Quoted from waveform:

I got a December 2021 built LE a couple months back and have played about 450ish games so far. I see no issues with playfield clear bubbling around posts on mine, either. I also haven't had any issues with frequent sdtm drains out of the pops (I feel like that has to be something adjustable even on problem units, but I know some people have tried without great success to resolve it on their tables that do have that tendency). From playing the game elsewhere, I had already developed the habit of nudging the machine as the ball goes through that loop in hopes of getting some chaos in the pops - seems even less likely to go sdtm that way.
Add another voice in support of getting one - this is probably my favorite machine anywhere/ever.
On edit, to not be too breathlessly positive - a couple criticisms :
- The speakers on this game are awful, and I plan to replace them, probably with the jjp pinwoofer kit. The headphone output is great for solo play.
- Most of the switches (slingshots, standup targets) had huge gaps from the factory. Maybe this is normal for NIB games (Wonka is my first), but I found I need to adjust most of them so it doesn't take such a strong hit to trigger them, and some are a bit buried under bundles of wiring and things under the playfield.

So, how has the "frequent sdtm drains out of the pops" been fixed on the latest / last runs of WW?? I'm just curious... I'm buying a WW LE from a fellow pinsider here, and super excited to be getting back into the club, but curious how this has been fixed??
Thanks

#11349 2 years ago
Quoted from waveform:

Regarding flipper power, I was having more difficulty than I liked getting up the Factory ramp with the machine directly out of the box, unadjusted. I stumbled on this video

from JJP that suggested adjusting flipper end of stroke switches a bit. Mine definitely benefited from this change - keeps the higher power further into the flip, but still solidly closes the switch at the end to reduce to holding power. After this change, I was able to drop flipper power one point below the defaults while still making all the shots comfortably. That said, JJP games definitely seem to have a looser flipper feel than others, and increasing the power might be right for the way you want yours to play

I don't know whether anything has been changed related to that in production. I might have just gotten lucky with my setup out of the box.

Interesting... how about the back feet/legs. What level are you all raising them to??

#11350 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I have a Nov, ‘21 build. I don’t know what, if anything, was changed on newer runs, but the infamous sdtm from pops is not a problem. When the ball comes around the orbit, it glances the rubber (circled in pic - you can even see the black dust where it hits) and that throws it into the pops and it bounces around randomly and falls out. [quoted image]

Interesting... how about the back feet/legs. What level are you all raising them to??

#11384 1 year ago

Toppers. Any suggestions. What can we still buy??

2 months later
#11792 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some rules have been relaxed since that video - for example, it retains collected kids between balls now where it used to screw you over.
Also kid MB kid jackpots can be collected while the super is active now, stuff like that.
However the overall shots and rules are still the same.

I just got a WW (again )... just bought my 2nd WW. Missed it toooooo much. Really liked your JJP Wonka Kid Multiball Deep Dive, and really looking forward to playing the v2 code.
Looking forward to your breakdown video on TS4 also.

#11805 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can break it down simply.
Kid Multiball Ticket:
1. Qualify kids: (Agustus: spinners, MikeTV: blue shots under TV, Violet: GUM targets, Charlie: Start Fizzy Lifting, Veruca: Start Good/Bad Egg
2. Collect kids: Captive ball (note flashing color moves from captive to kid shot)
3. Start Kid MB: kid shot
4. Collect 7 Kid MB jackpots: Agustus: Loops, MikeTV: blue shot under TV, Violet: GUM targets, Charlie: right ramp, Veruca: left ramp. Double: Camera ramp. Super: Kid shot.
Gobstopper Ticket:
1. Hit gobstopper until it opens, lock ball. Repeat 3x.
2. In Gobstopper MB, shoot ramps until hole opens, sink ball in hole. Repeat to 5 to get ticket.
Factory Ticket:
1. Qualify modes. Blue: Factory (WONKA), Pink: Loops (SuperX), Orange: Captive ball.
2. Start modes at saucer. Repeat to start all 12 for ticket.
Wonkavator Ticket:
1. SuperLock to lock 3 balls.
2. Level 1: Shoot blue/yellow shots until gobstopper machine flashing, hit and sink all active balls but one.
2. Level 2: Same as level 1 but you can only hit each blue/yellow shot once. Finish for ticket.

Hey. Where on the screen does it show you your Wonkavator Ticket progress?? As in Level 1, 2 and so on??
Thank you

#11845 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Has anyone installed the Tilt graphics factory blades? Are they good? They look kind of washed out in the photos.

I have these... they look great!
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix

#11858 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

That adapter is likely a low pass filter. It makes sense since the subwoofer gets the full signal without it, which polluted the bass but you don't need to spend 35$ on it, a low pass filter costs 10$, 5 if you get a diy kit, it's just a bunch of resistors.

Interesting... anything on Amazon you would recommend?

#11869 1 year ago

Hi All
Gobstopper hole not always registering the ball has dropped into it... has to do a ball search, rotate the hole, then registers the drop. Other times can drop into the hole and registers straight away. Is there a switch for this inside the hole?
Also, should I raise the back legs to 6.7 / 6.8 for WW LE??
Thank you

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I'm thinking this is what is happening. Follow the post in the link below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/130#post-5943411
r/
Mike

Hey Mike
Hitting the Gobstopper target always registers, and the hole always opens... its when the ball drops into the hole is where it sometimes doesn't register... Is there some type of roll over switch within the actual hole that the ball lands on to register the ball drop?
Thank you

#11884 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Gobstopper hole not always registering the ball has dropped into it... has to do a ball search, rotate the hole, then registers the drop. Other times can drop into the hole and registers straight away. Is there a switch for this inside the hole?
Also, should I raise the back legs to 6.7 / 6.8 for WW LE??
Thank you

I guess I have an issue with the Gobstopper hole in general... it's not even opening now and has a malfunction error on the screen . It does rotate in a test, just doesn't open when playing but does register the hit via sounds.

#11892 1 year ago

The right outline can be brutal, has anyone moved the post to close it up a little?
Has anyone removed the "Ramps increase captive ball value" sign on the right ramp to give more visibility to the upper right flipper??

2 weeks later
#12053 1 year ago

Try http://www.pinballs.com. They have a few listed.

#12064 1 year ago

Hi All
Loving WW even more 2nd time round. Just got my kid golden ticket. Thank you @ZAPHX.

Quick Q. The candy cane on the left / right out-lanes, should I be rolling over when lit or changing it from left/right to move it?? What are the candy canes giving me??
Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 1.26.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-08 at 1.26.38 PM (resized).png
#12075 1 year ago

I was one shot away from my 3rd golden ticket last night. Is there a mini wizard type mode for 3 GT's?
Thanks.

1 week later
#12210 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I need help. My upper right flipper doesn't work anymore, no power at all. Where do I start ?

I had this happen to me only this week... for me, one of the wires had come loose from the coil, I had to re-solder wire back onto the coil. There's not much slack on the wiring, so I think it pulls. Lift the playfield and take a look.
Anyway, I hope this helps.
Thanks

3 weeks later
#12351 1 year ago

Hi All.
Got my 4th Golden Ticket today... 1st time ever! 4th GT wizard mode is amazing! Remind me... what's the requirements for the 5th ticket, Wonkavator for me??
Whats considered a good score? I play to beat a Pin typically (not the score), just curious.
Thank you

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:I have owned my wonka LE since May.
This is the most magical game I have ever played. I have enjoyed it so much I sold my LZ premium and AIQ pro to fund more JJPs. I bought a dialed in but it’s not really as magical to me. I have a GNR SE coming Sunday and was wondering what other JJPs games have that wonka magic?

And WoZ.

#12396 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Is there a link t buy this mod?

You can buy them here... Travis ships super quick also.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/07092-gate-at-wonka-s-factory

3 weeks later
#12477 1 year ago

Does anyone sell the undercab RGB lighting for WW that is similar to TS4 thats integrated with the game??

1 month later
#12564 1 year ago

Hi Wonka Fans
I know most on this forum probably already have a WW LE, but if anyone is interested, I'm selling mine. Like new, low plays, no issues at all!! Mint Condition!!
Anyhow, PM if any interest. I'm in North Florida. It is listed here on Pinside.
Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kempsuk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.