IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11570 1 year ago

Hi All,
I have bought a Wonka. Plays well but the speech sound I can not hear (way in the back I hear talking...). Music and sound effect are good and loud, speech is really soft....
What adjustments do I need to make to be able to hear/understand speech? Or can there be something else?

#11579 1 year ago

Yes checked that…but now all i have set to 5 and speech to 80….and yes now i hear speech correct
Strange that big of a difference needed….
Anyway, thanx!!

Quoted from LTG:

Go into Settings - System Settings - scroll down to Sound. Lots of options in there.
Call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back.

1 week later
#11692 1 year ago

Hi , if i flip to the right ramp half of the time the ball goes that fast that it flies out of the ball rail….but lowering the coil is also tricky (to weak for some right ramp shots).
Any suggestions?

#11705 1 year ago

No that piece of plastic is not on my pin….where do I get it?
Or did you make it yourself (my Wonka is build 2019).

Quoted from mikepmcs:

There's a cover that is supposed to be on the ramp to prevent this from occurring. Is that cover on your game? This picture I attached was provided by LTG some time ago. Hope Lloyd is OK with me using it here.
Do you have this piece of plastic?
r/
Mike[quoted image]

#11726 1 year ago

Thanx!

Quoted from mikepmcs:

Here's the link to the right ramp cover in case anyone else needs to 3d print it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5422715
There are 3 files on there and one of them should work.
Put the file in your slicer and adjust as you see fit. You may have to resize or whatever to make it a perfect fit on your machine although this should be pretty close if not dead on. I did it a long time ago and made an elaborate/ridiculous/overboard/nonsense mod. These are the stl files when I started to modify so should work.
r/
Mike[quoted image]

#11761 1 year ago

The wonkavator keeps the balls as long as the pin is on. Even after a game over. Only a switch off and on of the pin the vator is emptied.

Quoted from zermeno68:

Yeah.. I thought the same as that was part of the feature explanation for people to “steal” your WonkaVator multiball.
I have yet to have Wonka at home… so, this is from watching videos. Soon…

#11822 1 year ago

Not with decalls which there are a lot!

Quoted from mikepmcs:

You can flame polish ramps pretty easily as well when the time comes.
Here's a quick video.
r/
Mike

#11828 1 year ago

The ball on the right ramp has tendency to fly out.
The plastic to prevent this (see somewhere in this group) is , i have to say ,very ugly.
Used some steel thread (was already white) with red small tape.
I’m trying this now. Looks like it works.

0AEE4083-B5F1-4257-A316-B53D9AD952DE (resized).jpeg0AEE4083-B5F1-4257-A316-B53D9AD952DE (resized).jpeg58D06889-D12D-44CB-90FA-FD6CEDACE67F (resized).jpeg58D06889-D12D-44CB-90FA-FD6CEDACE67F (resized).jpeg

#11833 1 year ago

I know… but its so ugly….(made one out of plastic with their template).

Quoted from crobby:

If the clever string solution doesn't work, jjp has a cover for that ramp.

#11880 1 year ago

Yes, done it too! Like the play, watch out for the right ramp, ball will fly out more often (without a plastic or my candy-wire I made for it)

Quoted from arcyallen:

I've always felt Wonka's flippers were juuuuust strong enough to make the shots. I (and apparently everyone) feel like a lot of JJP games are like this. So just out of curiosity I bumped up the flipper power by two points.
Just two points.
Holy crap.
I'm not exaggerating when I say it feels like a different game. It shoots sooo much better. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not toying with it earlier. If you haven't already, I urge you to at least try it. Bravely move past the "Don't touch these coil settings or your machine will burst into flames" warning. It's like a Wonka Cheat Code. But with no cheating.

#11949 1 year ago

On Stern (SAM and SPIKE) its quite easy to change music and video’s (SPIKE)….that system isn’t so bad….

Quoted from waveform:

I hadn't seen this - thanks a bunch for linking. I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates with more success on replacing/editing game assets on JJP games. I can imagine reasons why it is locked down (mostly related to licensing), but it is still a bummer. Also, now I'm scared for the day when the sentinel keys become hard or impossible to find. ( I wonder how long they'll last )
It'd be awesome if JJP could offer some way to make things a little easier for people to mod without causing themselves any new problems.

#11961 1 year ago

Nice work. A simple piece of white wire (with red tape) also does the job. Tested it for 2 weeks and almost no airballs anymore.

Quoted from Travahontas:

I find the factory kluge solution to the right ramp airballs to be an eye sore and really like the option from PU-parts.com... but they don't ship to the US. I took the liberty of reverse engineering their design and had a piece of acrylic cut for my game. Works and looks great. The 1/8" acrylic is on the thicker side (it's the thinnest the place offered), but you can see in the pic it looks nice. They had a minimum order size, so I wound up with 13 "extras". If anyone in the US wants one, they're in my Pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/07034-willy-wonka-factory-right-ramp-airball-preventer [quoted image]

0FA587C7-BE15-4B98-9F37-41632DCE9642 (resized).jpeg0FA587C7-BE15-4B98-9F37-41632DCE9642 (resized).jpeg
#11974 1 year ago

Hmm…i have a Wonka and had a GnR….i would say buy a wonka. GnR could not thrill me at all…

Quoted from zaphX:It's a challenging game, not ideal for newbies. GNR would go over better for newbs.

3 weeks later
#12120 1 year ago

so how do we connect a keyboard? Just put a usb keyboard in the usb slot where normally is the wifi dongle?

Quoted from LTG:Easy to replace.
If you get the game booted up, go into Utilities - System Back Up, and put that on a USB stick.
Get a new SSD. Picture is one I found cheap at an office supply store.
Install the SSD. Then do a Full Install of the 2.03 from the jjp website under Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka. Full instructions are there to do it.
Go back into Utilities - System Restore - put your settings back in.
Good to go. No more grief.
Call jack and tell him to get LTG : ) Back
[quoted image]

1 week later
#12221 1 year ago

Why….?

Quoted from Sugar:

Out of the pops slide save always works great for me
[quoted image]

1 week later
#12251 1 year ago

If you check the backbox only upper trans light is lighted. The lef and right and bottom or not lighted at all.
I used a AliExpress LED, does the same trick, less expensive.
I'm following all the complaints about sound....I'm missing something, mine as quite alright....it's not a GnR machine, it's just Wonka (with old callouts and old music if you can even call it music....)

Quoted from Good-Times:

Looks amazing! I'm curious what the translite mod really adds. I haven't noticed any dark spots on mine, or is it a case of you don't know how bad it is until you fix it?
Also, not sure how much longer I can go without upgrading the sound lol. It really is mediocre next to my heavily upgraded Sterns!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=jvds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.