IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1464 4 years ago

I'm looking to get a Willy Wonka. If anyone can contact me with advice for where to get it from, that would be great. Looking to get it delivered and for a good price.

6 months later
#4548 4 years ago

Do other people have a few loud pops from the speakers when you first turn on Wonka, before the screen starts showing the files being loaded?

#4573 4 years ago

How do you get the pictures to show for the high scores instead of just a list? I have got it to happen with the flippers by pressing them randomly & rapidly, but I don't know if there is a setting to make it always show the pictures.

1 week later
#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I just printed something on paper.
Not perfect, but better than the empty hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you share the image so others can print it? What kind of paper did you print it on?

3 weeks later
#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How did the left outlane post balance out the SDTM from the pops?

I think he means that it at least screws you (less often) from one way of losing the ball.

2 weeks later
#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did not install the post.
Best game I ever had:

Zaph:

I see the firmware version is 2.06B and seems to have different call outs. Is that a Beta firmware?

2 weeks later
#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I need to check this as well then. I will have super lock lit and it doesn’t kick up. Usually on the second try it will work. Just started doing this.

I have this issue sometimes too. Mind you, I have the SE, but it happens to me when it is lit and doesn't register a logical lock. I thought it was due to either the shot not being fast enough or that you had to shoot it an extra time for it to lock the second ball. Not sure though.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Mamma mia ...only two words...mamma mia ‍♂️‍♂️‍☠️‍☠️[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much removal is involved for the playfield protector on Wonka?

5 months later
#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So where do all the high score selfie pictures go?
Shouldn’t they show alongside the scores on the high score table?
I looked through settings and see nothing that enables pictures being shown during attract mode.
Seems kinda pointless to have them taken if they just vanish into the ether.

Press the left flipper button twice to see the pictures.

4 months later
#7518 3 years ago

I have a problem that has made the game pretty unplayable. The TV scoop does not seem to recognize when a ball is in it and only releases it after a ball search. I lifted the playfield and when moving around the black & white wires that go to the reflector board, the first row was turning brown and then not brown for most of the switches. I figured this was a good place to ask what my next move should be. There was a tight zip tie on those wires which I removed to see if it had pinched them. What is my next move?

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty common issue in my experience - clean the opto board under the saucer with alcohol (power off.)

What about the part where wiggling a wire was causing the whole row to go to brown on the switch test?

#7536 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Pondering buying a NIB Wonka SE. Did they only do one original run of SE's that had clearcoat issues or was there a second run after LE/CE's?

My SE doesn't have any clearcoat issues. I think the clearcoat issues were in the middle or first half of the run.

3 months later
#8851 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Which of the new BETA Changes are not simply updates to the Default Settings that could have been done manually on previous versions (i.e. increase ball save timers, etc).

The scoring rebalances. The new video clips.

1 week later
#8922 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh

Ahh, I forgot that it can take a picture at the end as well. It seems random to me though as it doesnt always do it.
I feel like more often than not, it is using the picture from when playing the game hitting the camera ramp.. and when it uses that photo, im always looking down because I am playing.

At the end, put in your initials, but do NOT select end. Depending on your lighting, lean in (if low lighting) and smile or make a face at the camera in the backglass below the giant LCD/LED screen. Be posed for at least two seconds and then press the start button to select End and it will get a good picture. Works for me everytime.

7 months later
#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Happened to glance up and see the scene where Charlie Bucket finds a silver dollar in the street drain while I was playing. Not sure what I did? Wondering if this has something to do with the lost Golden ticket? Not really sure what I did when I get a golden ticket yet. With enough play I suppose I will figure out how to purposefully go after them.

That would be "Special" from the outlanes.

#10690 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
New Wonka owner here and what an amazing game!
When the machine says 'shoot the TV', where is the TV? I have looked high and low on the playfield but I can't find the TV. What am I missing?
Thanks.
Roger

It's a tough shot. You have to get an airball off the factory ramp to hit into the Wonkavision.

3 weeks later
#10955 2 years ago

I want to add lighting to Wonka and have both 12V and 5V LED strips. Which one should I use to tap into the GI and where is the best place to do this? The LED strips are 5050 ones and I have all the other stuff necessary except which LEDs to use and where to tap into.

#10999 2 years ago

I was able to add light bars to my Willy Wonka and tap into the GI. The light strips reflect the same color as the GI as they are 5V RBG strips. Curious if anyone wants to see a video or instructions?

#11049 2 years ago

Here are a couple pictures. Will try getting a good video this weekend along with pictures from under the playfield.

PXL_20220310_000553445.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_000553445.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005057311 (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005057311 (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005108165.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005108165.MP (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11174 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

I swapped them around. All the spots are good, the 3 bulbs are bad. Agree strange. I have stadiums on so they really don’t do much but I don’t like having lights out. May just replace the bulb myself. Seems like it would be simple enough. [quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I get those 2 and 4 wire connectors for under the playfield that are used by the lighting and spotlights?

1 week later
#11227 2 years ago

Just ordered a set of protectors for $32.95 from Etsy. They are colored, so they may add some "pop" to the machine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1080923679/willy-wonka-10-piece-color-guard

#11270 2 years ago

Here is a short (one minute) preview of the DIY mod I did to my Willy Wonka to add more lighting that ties into the GI of the machine, so it changes as the rest of the GI changes. I can do a more in-depth video in the future if there is interest.

1 week later
#11311 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can. Ive found, thanks to others here, when you are entering your initials, just before you hit "end", give the camera some motion. Sometimes I get real close to it and back away, sometimes I wave my arms and hands around close to it... it will take a fresh picture. Ive also found its helpful that the room isnt too dark. If its too dark, it wont pickup and will use the older picture.

and don't move around. Give it a second or two to find your face and make sure the whole face is visible or it won't find you.

1 year later
#13355 5 months ago

I finally did a video on my Willy Wonka Pinball lighting that I did myself to add more light onto the playfield.
https://youtube.com/live/vqFjHSXbQjU

I can do a different one if people want more details. I still have to finish redoing the wiring, but it works 100%.

3 months later
#13737 61 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, that would work too, use electrical tape.

Could I ask where you pull the power from for the LEDs?

#13743 60 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sure, we use the connector that the stock led backbox lights plug into. With our mod, the stock LEDs are no longer used. There is also an extra plug behind the monitor with yellow and black wires on it, 2 pin connector, 12v.

So, if I bought a 12V white LED strip, I could power off that and it wouldn't cause any issue?

2 weeks later
#13798 44 days ago

I have been having a problem lately where the right flipper is awarding the left shot under the WonkaVision. I assume it's the optos? What's the best way to treat this?

#13810 43 days ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

My issue is with both my Jersey Jack Pinball machines of Wonka and Pirates. They both have low plays around 200. Yet fairly often the pinball has a hard time ejecting out of the kickout hole/eject hole (not the main plunger hole, but the one above it).
Any insights on what would be causing this? It tends to happen 1 in every 5 balls roughly. And it will attempt to shoot the ball up a few times and always eventually gets it. It usually tends to have issues as well during multiball when it's trying to shoot the balls fairly quickly.
The machine is leveled and balanced correctly with zero sign of any issues.

I used to have the issue you are talking about. I bumped my eject power for that up by one in the software and haven't had the issue anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=judremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.