IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeymonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6511 3 years ago

Hello! I got a Wonka LE today and couldn't be more excited! One problem, I ordered the topper and when they set it up they plugged it in the backbox. But neither the LED strip in the backbox nor the topper are lighting up. Any way to test the strip? Or is there a plug for the strip that also connects to the topper? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
#willywonka

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check where it plugs in if you have 12 volts DC or not. I'd start there.
LTG : )

Thank you so much! I followed the wiring from the strip and found it had been knocked out when he installed the topper. I appreciate your help!

#6515 3 years ago

I spoke to soon. I got the LED strip to light, but the topper is still dark. It is connected to the blue wires like this.
Am I supposed to do anything else?
Thanks
Joey

JJP wire (resized).jpgJJP wire (resized).jpg
#6518 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-31 in the manual. Game Settings. First couple deal with the topper.

Thank you. I do have it on in settings. Set to Cycle in attract and Mode Action in Game mode and brightness is 32, but unfortunately it is still dark.

#6520 3 years ago

Hmmm...I have never measured power on anything. Do I need to get a voltometer for that?

1 week later
#6578 3 years ago

Hi all,
So, I had posted last week that my WOnkatania topper wouldn't light on my LE. I finally bought a USB stick and installed to V1.31 and lo and behold, the topper lit up. But, the backbox LEDs, which were working right before the install, stopped working. Any idea on what I should do? I checked all connections, but being that it happened as soon as I installed the new code, I think it's a software issue. Thanks!

1 month later
#6939 3 years ago

We got the Wonka LE about a month ago, and my 9 year old really loves it. She will come down to my office two or three times a day to play. Sometimes we play together, other times she will play alone on a quick break between her at-home classes. Well, I was Grand Champion on the machine for a few weeks and the other day she said by the time Christmas break was over she would be Grand Champion. Now today, before Christmas break has even started, she scored 2.9million and is the new Grand Champion!! She was so excited! I am so glad she loves pinball!!

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

is it worth going LE?

I love the super lock. It’s the coolest part of the game to me. Love the way it shoots the ball up into the wonkavator hold. Super cool. That, plus the shaker (so awesome on wonkavator multi) and the blue wire frames, I think there is definite value in the SE to LE upgrade.

2 weeks later
#7086 3 years ago

Hello,

Today on my LE's test report I got a message that the Elevator Diverter has a malfuntion detected. And when we played the game, and the Super Lock was lit, it would never kick up to the wonkavater. It would just roll into the pops. It would register as a super lock, but the ball wouldn't go up. Has anyone experienced this? I tried checking the device but when I rolled the ball through the right loop, only the elevator diverter registered yellow. Not sure what to do to fix it, any advice woul be much appreciated. Thank you!

#7088 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

open the diverter by hand while in test report

Thank you for the advice. I can't figure out how to get my hands into that wonkavator diverter area because of the plastic ramps over it. Do I need to remove the ramps to do that?

#7090 3 years ago

Try reaching it from below the playfield.

So, I lifted the playfield and I tested the elevator diverter coil and switch and they seem to be working. But I am sad to say I don't know where the actual diverter is on the playfield side. Am not sure where to access it from under the playfield. Sorry, I tried finding it in the manual but I couldn't pinpoint the part I'm supposed to open. Any other info would be really appreciated. Thank you.

#7093 3 years ago

Lower left corner - looks like a flipper mech.

Oh yes, I located that. And hit the switch manually in test report. And I moved the coil mechanism as well. And I also ran tests on those switches and coils while I had the game and playfield up, and the coil is moving the diverter. (I can see it move a bit when the coil is firing). But the error message is still there. And the game still won't lock a ball in wonkavator. Puzzling.

#7095 3 years ago

Spinner switch working? How about the right orbit switch?

Yes, just tested those manually and they are both working.

#7097 3 years ago

if you move the pawl from below, does the shaft go with it or is it slipping in place?

When I move it from under the playfield, I can see the diverter opening up all the way with no problem. Doesn't seem to be slipping at all.

#7099 3 years ago

When I ran the test at first it all worked. Then when I went back to test report it still says there was an elevator diverter malfunction. When I tried running the test a few more times, the Elevator diverter lights yellow and the ball just rolls through under the wonkavision and doesn't go the wonkavator to test the rest of the switches.

#7101 3 years ago

You have the high power interlock switch pulled out so the coil can fire?

I closed the coin door so it could fire, do I need to do something else?

#7103 3 years ago

what specific boxes light up or do not light up?

Only the elevator diverter box and it lights yellow.

#7105 3 years ago

Does the diverter coil fire when that happens?

No, nothing fires at all. It worked three times where everything fired and lit all boxes green. Then I went back to test report to see if it cleared. Now, only the elevator diverter lights yellow and nothing fires.

#7106 3 years ago

No, wait. The diverter is firing when I do it.

#7108 3 years ago

are you running 1.33 software

No, 1.31.
I will try an update and see if it helps.

Thank you for all of your patience and helpful advice. I really appreciate it.

#7110 3 years ago

This game is killing me today! I tried about 15 times to do the Delta Upgrade and for some reason it won't work. Do all the steps. I get the V1.33 update on my usb. Insert it into game. When I hit the USB update screen says it's updating for about a minute. It never says download complete. It just reloads the software to V1.31. Between this and the wonkevator trouble I am going insane. Anyone ever have trouble with this update? I'm using a mac to download the software. Thanks.

#7111 3 years ago

Does the diverter coil fire when that happens?

Okay, I can see the problem now. I can move the wonkavater diverter open manually without a problem, it opens all the way. But when the coil fires, the diverter only opens a few centimeters. Not sure what to do to fix that issue. Nothing is physically blocking it.

#7113 3 years ago

Could it be dragging

That could be it. The assembly does seem to be sliding a bit too far down. And when I push it back up and test it seems to open all the way one time. And then go back to barely opening. Is there was way to tighten this?

#7116 3 years ago

Adjust the post on the diverter so it feels the same height as best you can.

You are a genius! Thank you so much for all your help, Pimballomatic! You are awesome! I am so relieved! After a sleepless night trying to puzzle through what was wrong I thought I would have to call in a technician. Thank you for being so patient and kind.

1 month later
#7726 3 years ago

Hi all, my daughter recently had a Wonka collision under the glass of our Wonka pin and the Oompa Loompa Camera was smashed into a few pieces. JJP was awesome and sent me a replacement right away. Only trouble is I am not sure how to run the wire through the new one. I am guessing I need to remove the connector from the wire and replace it once I thread it through, but I'm not sure how to do that. Can anyone offer tips or point me towards a tutorial on working with wires and connectors?
Thanks.

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

If you need help or get stuck finding them online just hit me up and I'll make some suggestions.

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate all this. It looks like it is going to be more complicated than I thought. I will take a deep breath and dive in. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you for taking the time to give me the advice, it is much appreciated. Have a great day.
Best
Joey

#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

You need a set of these and also some glass corner protectors just to have in general when doing any maintenance involving removing glass and lifting the playfield.

This is great! Thank you. I have been meaning to get the side protectors. Going to order right away. Thank you so much. As well as those wire connectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
9,600 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeymonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=joeymonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.