IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

Totally in on a CE if I can get my hands on one...

Jeff

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What did they do when they needed to go to the bathroom?
[quoted image]

Chamber pots...

Jeff

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am stoked that Wonka is gunna be a standard body game.

I'm not... I'd rather have the extra playing field real estate...

Jeff

#284 4 years ago

I'm still in on a CE... I must admit I was underwhelmed by the game... I knew it wasn't going to be a wide body but man I hoped JJP would surprise us there as the wide body gives them so much more room for fun. I don't see anything revolutionary about the game at all, I don't remotely see what any of the hype was about to be honest. All of that being said, it looks like a very fun game to play and at the end of the day that's what matters most.

Jeff

#336 4 years ago

Anyone know if WW is going to be at the Golden State Pinball Festival?

Jeff

1 week later
#422 4 years ago

Any word on when the final CE stuff will be approved by the licensor and the last vague bullet point of "more surprises" (or whatever it says), revealed?

Jeff

1 month later
#537 4 years ago

Can't wait for more pictures... LOL

Jeff

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka SE lands Tuesday, thanks Gary of Abel Electronics who has been good to me many times over!
I will be streaming the unboxing and setup on twitch.tv/nspinball.

I thought you were in on a CE?

Jeff

2 weeks later
#1044 4 years ago

Stupid question perhaps that's already been asked/answered and I just missed it but... I keep seeing something about an additional post that's included but not installed that makes the game harder/easier... Could someone enlighten me as to what that's all about?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Back up before the upgrade!
I was cavalier about this - the last update was fine after all - and got myself into a boot loop.
Now I’m having to reinstall 1.06 then the patch.
I’m certain my scores and plays will be lost (around 1200).[quoted image]

Yeah I learned that the hard way as well during one of my WOZ updates... Now I backup before every update, including delta's. Nothing sucks more than having all your scoring data wiped out...

Jeff

1 week later
#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Where are all the LE photos? I thought these were shipping?

Previous page has some.

Jeff

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I also received a request from Automated. I won't send in the payment until I get to see the CE. Getting to play a prototype got me to buy a WONKA, but I want to see the CE before I pay the balance. Who knows, I may decide to go with an LE or SE! 'Soon' has turned into 'Maybe not soon enough'. JJP could miss out on a few CE sales. If the delay is because they're still working with the license on a topper or ??, then I highly doubt the CEs will be on the line soon.

While I am aware of "why" the CE details haven't been announced I'm a bit concerned as to the "why" becoming a huge issue... So much so that I'm seriously considering backing out of my Wonka CE and getting either an LE or the Stern JP LE... I'm not sure if JJP really understands that the continued black hole that is the CE isn't going to help their sales much. Perhaps they just don't care and expect to sell out on reputation alone. Hard to say... I love JJP and their games, but I feel like it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back with them for no real good reason.

Jeff

#1573 4 years ago

Come on JJP... PLEASE start talking about the CE's... Something... Anything...??? Watching everyone have fun with their SE/LE's is painful and really sucks...

Jeff

#1651 4 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the only outstanding issue without a resolution right now is the diverter problem? Just tracking things in my head since POTC needed it's own thread...

Jeff

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Has anyone gotten any details or glimpse of a CE art package? I have asked around with Joe at Pinballstar and he hasn't been able to provide anything. I had my deposit down for the CE on day one, but seeing as they are reportedly starting to ship CE the end of August/September, I would have expected to see an art package by now.
Thanks!

Same here but nothing... I keep asking JJP every so often and continue to get the same answer so...

Jeff

1 week later
#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

As someone suggested before, seems like the easy fix it just to activate the diverter in the down position immediately once a game play condition is met and leave it that way until the conditions of game play determine the ball should no longer be diverted (like perhaps when the Super Spinner mode times outs). This would make sure the ball always get diverted and not run pass the diverter too quickly and even it if did bounce off the diverter going up the ramp and back down the ramp again it would still be diverted.
This of course would require JJP to recode. Is there a reason not to do so? Perhaps leaving the coil activated for that long would burn it up?

If only... I've always wondering in POTC why JJP has the code retract the chest forks when you lose a ball only to immediately reactivate them when the next ball is popped into the launcher. Seems like unnecessary wear and tear on the fork mechanism and in the case of the Wonka diverter, seems like its affecting gameplay as well.

Jeff

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Photos of CE coming within the next 10 days.

I sure hope so... But call me jaded... LOL

Jeff

1 week later
#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You couldn't even play it?!?
Chipped playfields, bummer.
Diverter not working properly, that stinks.
But not being able to play AT ALL? Yikes. Good thing I'm waiting.

Would you put a sock in it? For heavens sake... We get it, you're not buying one... Cool... Would you like a pat on the back or something?

Machines fail, they just do... This isn't revolutionary or new... Or so I thought at least.

Jeff

1 week later
#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Okay. And? What did you find?

Same question from me...

Jeff

1 month later
#2948 4 years ago

Any chance JJP changes the topper at this point due to the quite consistently negative feedback or are we basically to the point where it's just going to be this and deal with it?

Jeff

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They start on the line soon so i doubt they change anything.... i think the ce is gorgeous and offer's some nice upgrades over the other models. Is the topper amazing ..not really but its better than nothing and the lighting along with under cab lights is tied to different modes. Again its just a topper and u dont even see it when playing . Sorry i don't get the huge attachment people have with toppers. But the ce playfield ,radcals and armor are absolutely beautiful and the extra callout outs are a pretty cool touch. Is it worth the extra over the le ..probably not..but what le, super le and super duper editions are ?..... well that's up to the buyer but its nice to have options . I think everyone that's been waiting to get a Wonka will be very happy once they receive them as the game is awesome.

Perhaps but, they aren't even delivering on what was originally put forth when the game was first announced "3D Wonkatania Topper" so while I get you're not big on toppers JJPs failure to even live up to their own statements is not ideal...

Jeff

3 weeks later
#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Did that actually happen or is this story fiction?

Fiction, complete fiction... That's all that person knows how to do... I would love to know whatever JJP did to that poster... I'd also love to know why they're continually allowed to post in any JJP thread...

Jeff

2 weeks later
#3427 4 years ago

Anyone got a good list of replacement rubbers? Was going to take advantage of the Titan sale but Wonka isn't in their database yet so I was just thinking of doing the flippers and few other sizes that I'm 100% sure I know.

Thanks,
Jeff

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh crap check this out!I was actually sweating!My high score was 4.2 mil[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap... Did you get all 5 golden tickets?

Jeff

1 week later
#3576 4 years ago

As a CE owner, I’m quite a bit pissed at this new topper for SE/LE... THIS is what should have been on the CE, what is JJP thinking...???? IMHO, JJP should be shipping one of these to every CE buyer at no charge.

Jeff

#3579 4 years ago

Silly question perhaps but where are the play field magnets (minus the one I can see below the diverter) and in what modes are they active?

Thanks,
Jeff

#3642 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

It was mentioned above the slings are 2 1/2 in and I assume the flipper rubber is the same standard size. I ordered some slings, flipper rubber and extra balls from Titan.

Are they 2" or 2.5" for the slings? The titan database says 2" but this post says 2.5?

Thanks,
Jeff

#3645 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I ordered both sizes and the slings look 2.5 I have not taken them off yet to compare. Wish we could get a list going of what sizes go where as the owners manual is not available yet.

That's what I ended up doing as well... Thanks!

Jeff

1 week later
#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

CE people can probably tell us. I "heard" that she did a lot of call outs for the CE. I could be wrong.

Her voice is everywhere on the CE, very impressed with the number of callouts and such. Really makes the CE pop. Now is it worth the huge premium over the LE? If I had to do it all over again, I'd say probably not but to JJPs credit, they didn't skimp on her voice usage in the CE code.

Jeff

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I do feel a tad annoyed, nay disappointed that the CE has additional call outs over the LE.
I am / was considering getting a Wonka LE, the CE is just too much to pay for a machine.
What ever happened to JJP just keeping the difference purely cosmetic?
So I may now hold off and get another machine.
Anyone know how many extra call outs there are? Does it make much of a difference?

I don't quite follow... How could anyone be annoyed? The CE costs more for a reason... I doubt she did those callouts for "free"... I think it's a really neat and creative way to differentiate the LE from the CE beyond just color/graphics.

I don't have a number on extra callouts but I hear her voice all the time, it's actually very well done.

Jeff

#3747 4 years ago

FYI, I installed Titan rubber slings and apparently they are thicker than the stock ones as the ball immediately started getting stuck in the inner left outlane between the post and the back side of the left sling rubber. I was able to correct by trimming the post rubber down a bit that separates the outlanes on the left side. Anyone else running into this with Titan rubbers? I am just curious as I haven't seen this before and am just wondering if the tolerances are really that tight or if something else may be up?

Thanks,
Jeff

1 week later
#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Brat was on the prototype that wasn't approved by the licensee

Which is something I'll never understand... "Brat" was a central word to the entire theme of the book... Oh well...

Jeff

1 week later
#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I just wanted to give a heads up on a mod that I bought that looks nothing like pictured.. Sorry to those modders selling this but it has to be mentioned.
This "pile of gumdrops" by ULEK Store... junk. In the picture, it looks like a picture perfect pile of gumdrops. It looks so realistic that I actually thought it might be a real pile of gumdrops. Well, I received this over the weekend and the quality of print is poor. It looks faded and completely unrealistic. Granted, its only $15 but seriously, save your money. It is not a good looking mod.
Here is what it claims to look like. I will send a pic later of what I received.
https://www.ulekstore.com/Gum_Drop_MOD_for_Willy_Wonka_pinball_p/gumdrops.htm

Same thing goes for the pile of Wonka Bars that goes by the Oompa Loompa camera person, ended up taking it off it looked so fake... It's just a picture laminated to hardboard...

Jeff

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh really? Ha, that was another one that I was looking into. I thought they were 3d printed or whatever..

So did I until I got the package...

Jeff

#4142 4 years ago

I'm seriously considering installing the additional left post and then bringing the right outline posts down all the way in an effort to reduce the amount of balls lost to either side... Normally I wouldn't do this but I really want to get deeper in the game and best I can do to date is 3million... Anyone else taken those measures?

Thanks,
Jeff

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

In all seriousness, instead of permanently modding your game like that. Why not block off the outlanes to see progression if thats what you want to see?

I'm confused... I'm not permanently modding anything... The left side has a post and the right side has two different posts in slots designed to be adjusted up or down to either make it easier or harder for a ball to drain, it's part of the design of the game...???

Jeff

1 week later
#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The racism allegations are simply ridiculous.
A little bit of black humor about the final inspection of the production is immediately stamped by some people as racism.
For what reason? Because the contribution comes from Germany?
I can assure everyone that the post contains 0% racism from my side. If I offended anyone with that, I am truly sorry.

No, it's because what you said was racist. Period. If you don't want to be called a racist then don't say racist things... I'm not sure why that's so confusing to you... There was absolutely ZERO reason to inject the commentary you injected, again, ZERO. Please, do us all a favor and STFU...

Jeff

3 weeks later
#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Nobody is suggesting removing foam on any switches other than the one at the back of the Wonka captive ball lane, which is spec'd to NOT HAVE FOAM. If it has foam, they grabbed the wrong standup switch at the factory.

My only question here is when you say it's spec'd not to have foam, where are you getting this specification from?

Jeff

1 year later
#9607 2 years ago

I have pooling on my CE around the upper sling posts but no chipping as of yet... FWIW...

Jeff

1 year later
#13278 5 months ago

Question, my Wonka (most recent code) is booting slower and slower... I can watch it and see that the last screen where it's loading files is loading them much slower than it used to. Is this a sign of a bad SSD? I can boot all my other 11 games twice over (including notoriously slow boot games like my other JJPs or Halloween) when that didn't used to be the case. Just wondering out loud what could be causing this degradation over time and then only thing I could think of was the game code drive... Thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.