IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indybru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2926 4 years ago

Wonka's looked and played great at the expo. All 3 models, I had a chance to play them all, awesome game as you owners know.

Also, I don't know how, but I experienced Wonkavator MB on both the LE and Standard editions. Somehow got a golden ticket no idea on that either, I think it was gumball.?

4 weeks later
#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is for the Wonka crew at JJP
The game is awesome in every way,except the drains that happen right out of pops.Is there anyway to compensate this either mechanical or software with the magnets?Can’t wait for next title!

Interesting, I've heard this as a common complaint .I played various models at Expo and either it was set up so it didn't or I didn't notice it.

2 months later
#3883 4 years ago

I mentioned this before awhile ago.
At expo I asked Jjp employees about the play fields the games they had on display were perfect.

The response was they were built in October

So to answer the question I would say October.

#3885 4 years ago

The se is very tempting unfortunately if and when I take the plunge most likely going with le.
Big reason I have 3 JJP games that are le’s one is actually RR Woz. I enjoy them so much can’t think I would ever sell . That’s the overriding factor I have to consider.

#3887 4 years ago

Hi Chris

You know you’re the one I would call.
I need to sort through some finances
Like replacing my wife’s car next month, etc. Or I should sell the snowmobiles and buy Wonka.
Cheers

6 months later
#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Im getting my LE tomorrow. I have to move it down a flight of stairs. Do you think i can slide it down the stairs still in the box?

Yes, I did it 5 years ago for my WOZ. However it's a straight shot and I had my son in law there to help. Now I have an escalara.

#5683 3 years ago

First want to mention I joined the club with an SE. Wow, totally lost but picked up games rules sheet from JJP by calling ahead.

Awesome so far. edit: Having some games tonight it's a total blast.

However am I the only pinball player that sets up extra balls on games based in scoring? I have all set up for 3 balls, must finish game before starting new one. I adjust up to 4 extra balls based on scores. This is how I have Hobbit, Woz and DI. Ex. DI 200,000, 500,000, 800,000 and 1,200,000.

I can't do that with Wonka. You can adjust the first score to a reasonable number let's say 250,000.but not 2,3, and 4.

Number 2 it doesn't go lower than 1,000,000 number 3 and 4 also unattainable scores. My settings are set on medium, maybe it's different at other levels. I don't want it to easy but when I do well I want to continue the journey. Anyway I mentioned it to JJP today.

Cheers.

#5689 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You get an extra ball at 200,000?

Yes, why not ? you can pick what you want to earn extra balls based on scoring. I have all my games set up that way.

My first number chosen is obtainable if I have a fairly decent game. That value is different for each game I own.

The problem with Wonka which is unique (my other JJP aren't restricted and either are my Sterns or B/W's) you can choose a lower value for the first scoring objective, however
if you want to continue earning EB's on higher scores the next value #2 is $1,000,000 and can't select a lower value and unobtainable for my level of play..

I'm good with crap low scoring games and but if I catch lightning in a bottle I want to continue the game and see what offers when I do well.

I have game on medium and want to keep it that way for now.

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I get it,Wonka's pretty tough.Ive never adjusted any difficulty settings.How is that done specifically?

Ok, there are 2 different ways. The first is unique to Wonka under (install) preset settings. I have mine on medium.

The 2nd is adjusting how many extra balls you can obtain based on scoring. I'm showing how my DI is set up and compared to Wonka.
DI I can get EB's at 200,000, 500,000, 800,000 and 1,200,000

These numbers work for me and can be easily adjusted. Wonka you are flexible on the score level 1 but 2,3,and 4 the ones I show are the lowest you can go. My problem is after the first scoring level lets say 200,000 it would be once in a blue moon I could get to 1,000,000 and earn another EB. Then the next level is 2,000,000 and the last is 4,000,000.

Does that help?

thumbnail-11 (resized).jpegthumbnail-11 (resized).jpegthumbnail-12 (resized).jpegthumbnail-12 (resized).jpegthumbnail-13 (resized).jpegthumbnail-13 (resized).jpeg

#5757 3 years ago

I have owned Wonka for a week, here's a report (not that anyone cares). This is my 4th JJP game and this has lots of razzle dazzle. I'm not even close to understanding the game and rules but am getting there. I seem to get the gumball golden ticket, not sure how though.

Also, Wonka seems to score higher than the other JJP games I have and they are set up about the same. I had less than 100 games on Wonka got a score of 2,281,000 last night followed by first game this morning 1,865,000. My DI my GC score is 1,863,000 with over 1400 plays, and Woz, 2,300,000 & Hobbit 2,600,000 with over 2,000 plays. I try to avoid pops when I shoot initial ball. Most drains seem to be in the middle, followed by right side. I didn't put in left post and have this set on medium difficulty.

Edit,

BTW, my posts in 5683, 5689 & 5691 have been addressed by JJP. They will be in next update. Cheers.

#5761 3 years ago

I might have the left side lane drains as well , but with kickbacks and ball save 12 seconds I don't notice it especially compared to my Star Wars.

When grandkids first tried playing they shot into the bumpers from the get go and instantly drained sdtm. My pitch is 6.75 not sure if that's good or not.

4 months later
#6763 3 years ago

Wonka gets the most play here. Although I think DI is my favorite pin. I find Wonka very addicting and if I only play a single pin for the day it's usually Wonka.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

DILE is my first pin and I’m debating a second. Between Wonka and JP. Wonka’s a blast.

I had the JP pro and sold after a few months. Then got Wonka, no regrets. I thought JP was somewhat linier.
I hope you can play them both then decide.
Good luck.

#6776 3 years ago

Interesting, I read Chris of Kingpins games post in the Chicago Traders and Sellers that Wonka's other than CE's are sold out with many distributors in the midwest. I had no idea. Got mine in june, glad I did.

1 week later
#6868 3 years ago

I have owned my Wonka Se about 5 months gets lots of play and the playfield looks perfect to me.

However, I'm thinking of selling and either getting the CE or find a LE. I sure don't want to have a playfield problem and I thought this was all behind us.

4 weeks later
#7043 3 years ago

Considering adjusting difficulty setting down one level easier. I've owned since July and have close to 700 games only one game did I get a second gold ticket.

Maybe that's normal for a average player. I'm at medium.

2 months later
#8067 3 years ago

Btw, Mike Fox is a great guy and an asset to JJP.

11 months later
#10948 2 years ago

2.0.code is a game changer , many features that enhance the game.

4 months later
#11887 1 year ago

Very little success on getting past one golden ticket. I recently changed one position easier than medium the last month. However most plays are now going to Toy Story.

3 months later
#12485 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Well as embarrassing as it is I finally made it to wonkas office for the first time. What a mode! Very cool and a lot of fun. This game is the gift that keeps on giving.

Interesting, on 2.0 did you set your game settings to random award for first golden ticket?
If so the golden ticket can be Wonka Office, the Most Secret Machine or oompa loompa odyssey.

Then you see Wonkas office more frequently.

3 months later
#12802 1 year ago

I had a Bo Peep spinner issue on my TS4.

Got a new one from JJP. Good luck

1 month later
#12931 11 months ago

In response I would select in menu random golden tickets awarded then you don't always get oompa loopa odyssey. Also kids carry over if ball is lost.

4 weeks later
#12978 10 months ago

I had to replace the board where the balls end up (trough) it was like $39 part.

My problem was when the ball was in play it was like end of ball then everything went limp. Sometimes it did kick out another ball while in play and wasn't mutilball. This was diagnosed by my tech before he retired.

6 months later
#13457 4 months ago

Fyi
Secret Machine mode is earned by a golden ticket.

The key with the big update go into settings and select random golden ticket rewards. The random golden ticket rewards are secret machine, Wonka's office and oompa loopa oddesty.

#13466 4 months ago

The big update was done awhile ago 2.0 .

Many great changes to enhance gameplay. Option to select random golden tickets being one and carryover of earned kids.
That’s what I was referring to. Someone new to game probably not aware of this.

Cheers

#13488 3 months ago

The gate mod is a must. Especially for us mortals. So easy to correct an annoying problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indybru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=indybru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.