IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider i_see_pin_people.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7063 3 years ago

I'm looking at picking up a NIB soon, this will be my family's second pin. We currently have a Star Wars Comic Pro and I've been looking around to see what might pair well and be something my wife and kids would enjoy. We all really like Willy Wonka as a theme, but would you recommend this as a pin that kids would enjoy playing or even someone that is more of a novice?

#7068 3 years ago

Would you say that Wonka has longer ball times than a pin like Star Wars? That's one of the main issues, I don't have a problem with my family and friends not knowing the rules because all of that can be learned over time. I don't want something that has really short ball times because that's what Star Wars is like for someone that's not the best player. I'll be the one getting deeper into a game, but I definitely want friends and family to enjoy flipping around. The Wonka theme is perfect, no problem there.

#7077 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I just LOVE the rules on Star Wars, so fun and challenging. I'm still trying to figure out strategies for Wonka and I've had mine since it started shipping!

Star Wars is so good, I agree. That one is was a must have for me, but now I want a theme all of us can enjoy. The more I see JJP Wonka the more I think it's the one to get. A game that's fun to play (and to look at) and also has a lot to work towards. Seems like something to keep in a collection for a long time.

1 week later
#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All new pins from here on out.. no reason to go back. If u want a jjp older title u sld probably start looking as there are not many of any left nib. Plus they are so busy with g@r and getting new titles ready for release I just don't see them having the time ...at least for a long while . Y go back ? Just keep releasing awesome new pins that are amazing and that's all they need.

I just bought a NIB Wonka SE but I had to buy from a distributor across the country and have it shipped. They said JJP might make more, but with GNR production and anything new that might come out it's unlikely.

#7218 3 years ago

Getting my Wonka SE in tomorrow. Want to know if there's anything I should be looking to adjust out of the gate. Any specific pitch I should be going for?

#7244 3 years ago

Just received our NIB Willy Wonka SE today. Unboxed and set it up and the Gobstopper spinning toy and gobble hole aren't working. When I go into the testing menu it says: Gobstopper Hole - Check device. Malfunction Detected. When I go to test it the gobble hole doesn't rotate at all. When we play the game it seems to still lock balls when hitting the Gobstopper target, but it's not physically collecting the balls. So...that sucks! Any ideas or should I just go straight to my distributor and start the repair process?

#7246 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the yellow plug that runs to the gobble hole motor. Check all plugs on the I o board behind the monitor as they can pull off or get stretched in moving and shipping the game. Check all 14 fuses on the I o board. My guess is you will find a harness back there unplugged.

Thanks @pinballomatic, there was a harness unplugged in the backbox (something I wish I had thought of before posting this, haha). That fixed the spinning Gobstopper, but I'm still having issues with the gobble hole. Here's a pic of the test report.

TestReport (resized).jpgTestReport (resized).jpg

TestReport2 (resized).jpgTestReport2 (resized).jpg
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Those switches are flagged red simply because the game hasn’t seen them hit in awhile since your gobble hole hasn’t been moving while you’ve been playing.

Yup, played some games this morning and a ball dropped in the hole. After a bunch of clunking sounds the hole reoriented itself and now works fine. Thanks for your help @pinballomatic, really appreciate it!

#7292 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve got 1.32CE code. Do I need to do the 1.33 delta update, it says it needs to go on over 1.31 or 1.32, but doesn’t say anything about 1.32CE. Just want to be cautious.
Did anybody install the extra post on the left out lane or slide the posts down on the right out lane? Does it make a big difference? The out lanes aren’t terrible so thinking I won’t but just wondering if it makes a huge difference.
Loving this game, might be my favorite. Can’t figure out why it’s not rated better.

I just got in our Wonka SE last week. So far I've dropped the level to easy and installed the left out lane post and moved down the right out lane posts. Makes a HUGE difference! So much so that I might bump the level back to the factory setting. Balls still drain SDTM, but the out lanes are a lot less brutal. I just want to make sure my kids, wife and other family members can enjoy the game.

#7293 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hey guys, I just brought home a Wonka LE. It came with the Mezel Mods factory with pipes as well as the Mod Couple Factory. I removed the Mezel factory mod and trying to install the Mod Coupe factory, but don’t understand how it mounts. There’s all kinds of interference. I guess I’m missing something...any guidance would be appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe it's made to sit over top of the stock JJP factory and has a 3M strip inside to keep it in place. I'm thinking of getting this for mine too.

#7356 3 years ago

Hey guys, I just received my topper as well. Bought mine used and now I'm trying to figure out how to install this thing without a set of instructions. Can't seem to find much online to help. Would love some info on how it should be attached to the top and where the cable should be plugged in. Thanks!

IMG_0396 (resized).jpgIMG_0396 (resized).jpgIMG_0397 (resized).jpgIMG_0397 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7436 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I bought it without ever seeing one in person, but knew I would love it. Purchased from Jason at Classic Gamerooms in Georgia (I'm in Austin, Texas but could not locate any NIB SEs within driving distance).

Congrats on the new purchase, you've chosen wisely! I bought my SE recently from the same distributor. Jason was great to work with and the machine was delivered in good condition. A couple of minor things, but was able to get a lot of answers from everyone in this community to help make some fixes.

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I have seen umpteen messages about the left post, but didn't recall seeing any discussion about adjusting the right post. Not planning on messing with it, just wondering about the experience of others with that.

I put in the left Outlane post and dropped the right Outlane posts. Both of them. I have kids and a lot of family that enjoy playing, I'm not about to make this game any harder and make it less enjoyable for new players. For now, I'm happy with how we have it set up. You can always change it back!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider i_see_pin_people.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=i_see_pin_people and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.