IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homerebw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3895 4 years ago

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to Pinside. I recently bought a Wonka LE from someone on Pinside. It arrived yesterday and had no issues. I turned it back on today and I got an error message when I loaded the game. (see screen shots) I can still play the game just fine, but it just concerns me. I was looking in the manual that newly came out but I was unable to find anything about it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Any help would be appreciating.
Thank you!

IMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3692 (resized).jpgIMG_3692 (resized).jpg
#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I had the same issue.
Shooting a ball into the Wonkavator lock clears the error. At least it did for me.
Seems if you haven't had a ball in the Wonkavator for a while this error can pop up.

Oh good! I found it strange that it just popped up after everything was fine.
Thank you very much for the quick reply!

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not to complicate things but based on what I've seen on pinside from you (this and other threads), you're going to regret not getting the LE. If you were someone that was penny pinching, sure but the upgrades are nice and you might really enjoy it and then say, I wish I had the full wonka experience. Technically the SE doesn't and that's fine but if you're 7k deep already, that might be a regret. Again - I think the SE is the better value no question but I'm not sure you're in the value game when enjoying your pinball - you seem to be more in it for the experience and just the powder alone, makes the game look much nicer and that's when it's turned off haha.

To someone who played Willy SE and LE on location. My recent LE purchase was a no brainer. I look at buying a pinball machine like buying a car. Cars have different options/trims/models. After while of owning your lower-end car that doesn't have certain features, that would be nice to have, you start to think if you would of paid a bit more for something nice to have later. I know this because I think that about my car. Haha. So between getting an SE and LE, there was no option.

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Here is a quick wordy video I did.

You're not the only one who got this message.

I recently got my LE from a shipper in Florida. The first time I booted the machine up I had no issue, no warning messages. Then I shut it down for the night and turned it on the next day. It was showing me that first message you're getting "GNU GRUB version 2.02". I didn't touch a thing because I was curious to know what would happen if it counted down to launch Ubuntu. After the countdown it booted into the game. It's still doing it currently, however I let it boot into Ubuntu and it boots up.

Errors like this in tech field are usually software related with hard drive not recognizing the operating system. Knowing you did a full restore on the game makes me a little worried it's something different.

Please keep us informed. Thank you!

1 month later
#4638 4 years ago

So it finally happened. After 1 month of having my very first pinball machine it stops booting into the game.
This is what happens...

- I turn the power on.
- Comes to JJP splash screen and the screen is backlit
- After 5 seconds the screen is no longer backlit
- Then it says No Signal

Here is a video on what happens - pardon the bad phone quality

This happens every once in a while. So I would turn it off and turn it back on again and it would boot into the game. Now it won't boot to the game anymore.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

1 month later
#4858 4 years ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to look back behind the monitor to look at the cable hookup but it doesn't seem to want to move. There is a little give if you move the bottom of the screen, but I don't want to force anything. I'm completely new to doing this and I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Is there something I need to remove first to look behind the screen?

Thank you.

IMG_3777 (resized).jpgIMG_3777 (resized).jpg
#4861 4 years ago

Thank you both very much. Glad it was that easy.

2 months later
#5452 3 years ago

After having the game since January I noticed I have a different scoring screen than everyone else. I don't have the portraits showing of the people's faces. Instead I just have the names and scores. I looked through the game settings but I'm not sure which option changes the score screen. Can anyone help me out?

8 months later
#8108 3 years ago

Shame, they pulled the updated code.

I was planning on downloading it and updating mine this weekend. Oh well I’ll have to wait a little longer.

#8152 3 years ago

So I updated to the latest version, it said it was installed successfully and I needed to reboot. The game loaded and I found out all my scores are wiped out. I'm assuming they are gone for good?

#8156 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
Even on updates that should keep them. I always back them up. Just in case.
LTG : )

Doh. Oh well, I only had 3.1M as the GC. Thanks!

#8261 3 years ago

I'm really liking the random wizard mode option from the new patch. However, do we know if 'Pure Imagination' is part of the random wizard modes available? So far I've only seen Oompa Loompa Odyssey, Wonka's Office, and The Most Secret Machine. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky.

4 months later
#9312 2 years ago

I just updated to 2.0 code. I’m restoring my scores now and it’s been sitting on this screen for 25min. Is it restore supposed to take this long?

C4AA5242-252D-4467-9E83-C13E4A1A9833 (resized).jpegC4AA5242-252D-4467-9E83-C13E4A1A9833 (resized).jpeg
#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you press start ?
LTG : )

Haha yep.
I received a PM from a user saying it took them around 75min for the settings to be restored. So I'm leaving it the way it is and hope it works.

#9324 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Did you press Enter or the start button on the front of the cab? I pressed Enter the first time!

Motherfucker. I didn't hit the "Start" button. Instead I hit the 'Enter' button. I'm a complete moron and feel terrible.
The update took 2 seconds after hitting 'Start'
/Facepalm LOL

1 month later
#9647 2 years ago

The biggest question on my mind, and on many others, will the play field have the same issues as GnR?
I have a Wonka LE back from 2019 and have no play field issues. I’m only hoping these won’t either.

6 months later
#11300 2 years ago

I just got my Wonka LE Cliffy delivered. This is my first time installing Cliffy's. Is there any documentation on how to install these?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homerebw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=homerebw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.