IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goyomex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7836 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

My Youtube algorithm found this for me: A guy using a super (duper) slo-mo camera to record the action of his pinball machine. His JJP Wonka pinball machine! Some good video in there!

Really great video. Learned a few things along the way. Thanks for sharing!

#7904 3 years ago

So, my Gobstobber target stopped working. Got the dreaded target open error message. On closer inspection, the top of the switch simply broke off. See the pic below. The arrows highlight the end piece of the switch I found in my ball trough.

I’ve only had the pins for about 90 days. First real issue. Would something like this be covered under a parts warranty? And if so, would appreciate any guidance in how I go about getting a replacement switch. Is there a claim process with JJP?

Thanks in advance for the help.

D0A0C1CF-E074-4A0F-955E-7202520EE4A3 (resized).jpegD0A0C1CF-E074-4A0F-955E-7202520EE4A3 (resized).jpeg
#7910 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t send you a new switch under warranty. That said it seems to be a fairly common issue. Their support said it’s about bending it right and making sure there is enough tension on the springs. Didn’t work for me (would love to see them come up with a solution), I 3D printed a piece that a fellow Pinsider designed to sit on top of where the switch catches, and it’s done the trick.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I would bet JJP will help you on this issue. Just need to unclip the switch arm and snap the new one on.

Appreciate the help! Just opened a support case with JJP.

#8082 3 years ago

Wait a minute.....Jen DiCosmo Guarnieri.....could there be a more Italian name out there?!

Enjoy the game!

#8126 3 years ago
Quoted from Figment:

Was on 1.34 with no complaints...tried the delta USB upgrade to .35 and failed 3 times. So then went for the full install to 1.35 - after game reboot it shows me still on 1.34...Think I’ll just enjoy .34 for a few more days before trying again.

This is why I generally wait a couple of week before upgrading....on my pins and my iphone! Sometimes it pays to let the dust settle!!

1 week later
#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m having an intermittent problem with a ball getting stuck in the back left corner of the game. Under the Wonkavator assembly. I’ll plunge a ball with will hit a pop bumper and shoot back there and gets stuck. Nudging or shaking the game won’t knock it loose. When anther ball plunges it frees the ball. If I lift the playfield while the ball is back there it seems to move freely then comes out after I lower the playfield. Any ideas?

Having the same issue occasionally. Only thing that frees it is a ball search. Anyone else have a solution?

3 months later
#9041 2 years ago

Been catching up on 400 posts in this thread. Such good reading. Stepped away from my WW for a bit, can’t wait to fire it up especially with the new (to me) beta available.

Anyone know where ZAPHX went? He’s brought so much to this thread with video and tips. Noticed, as I was reading two months of posts, his status changed to “inactive.”

67D6B3AD-E1C7-4538-A3E4-3406EDC3B514 (resized).jpeg67D6B3AD-E1C7-4538-A3E4-3406EDC3B514 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

…….shining on …….the Oompa's junk.
[quoted image]

Thanks, now I’ll be thinking about Oompa junk all day…..

2 weeks later
#9153 2 years ago

Somewhat of a noob when it comes to mechanics and repairs but I’m trying to learn. Ran into an issue with upper right flipper and can use some guidance .

Initially i thought it was misaligned, popping up 1/4 or so from its base. I raised the playing field, adjusted by loosing the bolt holding the flipper and tightened it real tight. Thought that was it.

Now, it doesn’t appear to be an alignment issue rather it’s not returning to its base. If a ball hits it, it goes back to base position, but flip again and it’s stuck.

Intuitively I think I’ve got a spring issue and need to replace it? But wanted to check in case I screwed something up with the slight adjustment to the flipper.

Thanks in advance.

3D5101CA-91B9-4879-8C55-0284800E0961 (resized).jpeg3D5101CA-91B9-4879-8C55-0284800E0961 (resized).jpeg
#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it's returning to the correct position when hit, it sounds like the spring is broken/disconnected. Does it move freely when manipulated by hand, or is it binding?

Thanks for the advice and the reference video zaphX (and great to see you again). I did pop in a new spring and it's retracting once again. However, when i hit a rather hard shot from the saucer up the camera ramp it will stick again. A tap or two on the flipper button and it retracts. So, I definitely have something binding - the new spring is just making it retract better. [And I do have a pretty good gap between the flipper and the playfield, as suggested]

Quoted from FlippinJB:

Could be that you need to replace the coil sleeve? Just a thought, if it's binding as zaphX suggests

Would this be my next move?

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth ) ? Coil stop on tight. Not coming apart inside the coil sleeve ?
LTG : )

I'll check as suggested LTG....tomorrow. The wife is giving me the eye (aka the "it's time to stop tinkering with your toys" for tonight look).

#9170 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok, check that the plunger is moving cleanly in/out of the sleeve without attacking at an angle. Dialing in a flipper is a bit of a fiddly affair.....If you have sleeves it certainly wouldn't hurt to replace it.

It was indeed a coil sleeve issue - popped in a new sleeve and flipper is back to normal First time I've worked on a flipper - not as complicated as I made it out to be (in my head).

Thanks LTG zaphX and FlippinJB for the assist.

#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Without question.
Things happen more readily. All the "side quests" are now rewarding enough to pay attention to. The game is much more fun while still being the Wonka we know and love.

Couldn't agree more. Downloaded beta from WiFi last night (my first downloaded "update" - which by itself was awesome) and man, what a difference! Hit 15M on my second game - non-stop action and agree, the side quests kept it flowing.

#9248 2 years ago

Team Wonka,
Running into an issue with my Gobstopper lock-up kicker (the coil that pushes the ball to the Gobstopper Trough VUK). It's not firing with much power and the ball isn't making it to the VUK. It'll cycle several times and then the ball search will kick in.

Didn't see any available adjustment for the kicker, nor the Gobstopper VUK (which sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to get it up to the shooter lane). So maybe I actually have two problems!?

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

As usual, thanks in advance.

Gobstopper Coil Screen (resized).jpgGobstopper Coil Screen (resized).jpgGobstopper Kicker Coil (resized).jpgGobstopper Kicker Coil (resized).jpg
#9251 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are you in Settings - Coils ? Looks like you are in Tests - Coils.
LTG : )

You are correct - as usual - LTG. I was in Test. Assuming by your question I should be able to find coil adjustments in the Settings -Coils?

#9253 2 years ago

Found the Coil Settings screen and adjusted both up by 1. Working great now.

Once again, thanks LTG!

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I switched my Beta update back to NO, then updated to 2.0 and everything went smoothly and surprisingly fast. SO cool to do a painless update. This great game is even better than before - by far!

Is there a material difference between Beta 6 and update 2.0? Didn’t realize I needed to turn off the Beta update flag and download Beta 6 v. 2.0.

3 weeks later
#9407 2 years ago

Could use some guidance. My WW isn’t powering up. Checked the AC connection to the wall and the back of the pin - no issues there.

I was out of town last week so one of my kids likely got us to this point (and failed to tell me).

Any suggestions on Where I should look first?

Thanks in advance.

#9409 2 years ago

Thanks Pinballomatic ! That did the trick - powered back up and running fine. Who would of thought a paper clip would be the solution to jump starting my WW!

1 month later
#9776 2 years ago

Team WW. Running into an issue with my ball trough. Six balls in the trough but they're not registering (ball search kicks in regularly). Changed out balls thinking they might have been magnetized - not the issue! Ran the trough test and found the attached. All test trough "buckets" 1-6 will turn green - momentarily - when a test ball enters the trough but then they all switch immediately back to yellow.

Welcome any guidance for troubleshooting the issue. Thanks in advance.

WW Trough Issues (resized).jpgWW Trough Issues (resized).jpg

#9786 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Sorry that's happening. Seems like the opto board is out? Recommend contacting JJP with a service ticket. Usually respond same day or next day and figure it out quickly!

Thanks for the tip. Reached out to JJP, Ken emailed some suggestions and resolved the issue. Loose connections to the trough. Back in business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goyomex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=goyomex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.