New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240130)

Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,808 posts
  • 421 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Krupps4
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“What edition are you ordering or planning to buy?”

• Standard 114 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 220 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 83 votes
    20%

(417 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 996 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201130_173931 (resized).jpg
20201130_190207 (resized).jpg
WonkavisionStage (resized).jpg
99C7E84E-610D-4CC3-B320-64939C42F945 (resized).jpeg
20201106_190617 (resized).jpg
20201113_172200 (resized).jpg
20201120_145455 (resized).jpg
20201120_145523 (resized).jpg
20201120_145528 (resized).jpg
20201120_145602 (resized).jpg
20201120_145625 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4392 (resized).jpg
IMG_4393 (resized).jpg
20201120_152251 (resized).jpg
16058481181124171790863582122292 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (1 year ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#799 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I'm getting an issue when shooting into the right saucer. It just keeps doing this (in the video) and eventually I have to nudge it hard enough for something to register. It usually ends up tilting because it takes a lot of force.

Can you post a close up picture of the hole without a ball in it?

#911 1 year ago

Is anyone getting airballs off the right ramp, with the lower left flipper at the default power setting?

1 week later
#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone else get more than one ball spit out in the shooter lane? Sometimes I get two. Other times I get a random ball during play.

There's a trough test in the menu - use that to see if the optos behave properly when balls are there, not there, etc. (If your problem is intermittent, might try wiggling/slapping things on the trough to see if it works, then doesn't, etc.)

1 week later
#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I've hit super lock just a few times, and it feeds up into the Wonkavader, then immediately is released. Another ball is also shot from the shooter while this happens.
Anyone else run into this?

I would start by going into trough test and see if it properly sees all the balls when it's loaded, and properly sees them all missing when it's empty. Maybe bang on it a bit in each state to see if it's intermittent.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

This keeps happening.. forces me to remove the PF every time since ball search won't find it. Anyone else? Is this the diverter issue everyone is speaking of?
[quoted image]

Does it wedge every time? Looks like it's either bent or assembled wrong. If you take the plastic cover off, it should become more obvious. The diverter flap is supposed to be screwed in the farther away pair of holes; there should be the other pair of holes still visible closer to the hinge side of the relay coil. Is it screwed into the wrong (closer) holes? Is the armature plate popped off of the hinge? Is the spring missing? Is something obviously bent?

2 months later
#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Easy fix for anyone willing to do some work

One of the coolest random surprises in the game is the sneak-in shot to a closing gobstopper...especially if it gets you a double super jackpot during Gobstopper Multiball.

This mod is going to prevent a lot of those...

1 month later
#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Having trouble with the full install of the latest update on my Mac. Is there an alternate method that doesn't involve Unebootin because it doesn't seem to want to launch on my MacBook.

Speaking as a longtime Mac user only (not an expert on this game updating stuff), here would be how I'd do it - no separate software required. Someone try this and let me know how it works:

Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file

Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.

Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.

Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents

Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.

Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.

Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.

Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.

3 months later
#4677 9 months ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

5 days with machine at home and the captive ball shot is more difficult than at my favorite location. Same pitch. Hardest shot in game by far. Does this shot "loosen up" somehow over time? Adjustments?

Most standup targets in pins these days have a block of foam between the target and the backing plate of the switch assembly. The one that the captive ball hits at the back of the lane is NOT supposed to have that foam. Make sure that's the case. If there's foam there, remove it.

#4688 9 months ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Haha, I removed the foam and now hit the captive ball shot with left and right flipper easily. Even the upper right flipper shot is pretty easy. Just curious, do you think that foam was a minor mistake in production? Or maybe all machines have it and it wears down quickly, making the shot bearable. The foam seemed pretty dense and sturdy. Thanks so much for the tip Frobozz!

It's just too easy a mistake to make on the assembly line - when pretty much all standups have foam, but that one doesn't. In answer to another poster's point: yes, foam reduces airballs, broken switch leaves, etc. where a game ball can directly smack them...thus why it's used. But in this position in the game, the ball that hits it isn't moving as fast, can't launch into the air, etc. And because it isn't moving as fast, it can't always close the switch if the foam is there.

#4691 9 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would imagine there is an easy way to tweak the switches to register more easily vs. removing the foam..

Nobody is suggesting removing foam on any switches other than the one at the back of the Wonka captive ball lane, which is spec'd to NOT HAVE FOAM. If it has foam, they grabbed the wrong standup switch at the factory.

#4697 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are you guys sure we're talking about target foam and not the shipping foam that was in that metal slot from the factory?

The picture in post 4678 shows the foam we're talking about. It's the normal foam for standup targets (that is not normal for this target, because it's not out in the open like a normal standup target).

7 months later
#6418 36 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, does anyone know when the camera takes a picture? I cant seem to time it..

When the red light on the top of the camera is on, of course!

#6420 36 days ago

Oh, more specifically it's when you shoot it up the ramp to the left of the camera, when the light is on. You need to go from pressing the right flipper button, to handstand position, pretty quickly!

#6429 35 days ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Anyone have any idea as to what the various light patterns mean for the dashed inserts in front of the camera ramp?

They're often blinking to tell you that you should shoot the ramp now for whatever mode you're in. But when they're just sitting there red, it's an indication of how close you are to the next time a ramp shot will take your picture. And as someone else mentioned, there are adjustments for that in Game settings, under Wonkavision Camera.

2 weeks later
#6604 21 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I think they should do this and then maybe make an option to randomize which Wizard mode unlocks with each golden ticket achieved. I suppose you could keep Pure Imagination for last, but it would be really great to have the first ticket randomly activate, say, Most Secret Machine or Wonka's Office mode instead of always being Oompa Loompa Odyssey (even though that is awesome).

Have you tried Game Settings -> Golden Tickets -> Random Golden Ticket Modes ?

#6606 20 days ago

Oh hmmm, might only be in the beta. Well, it will be a thing sometime!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 12,500.00
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside