IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I assume you mean the SE, since I don't believe the LE's are shipping yet.

Actually it is LE...see his photo.

#1090 4 years ago

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See? That's what I've been saying. You've -got- to play it. Once you do, it gets its hooks in you.

How would you rate it (scale of 1-10) vs POTC?

2 weeks later
#1530 4 years ago

Helping parents with technology is so fun!

1 week later
#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Still waiting for CE info. Isn't it 'soon' already?

CE will be the same as LE minus the bugs.

#1878 4 years ago

Well I was called by JJP to inform me that they have LE’s ready to ship. I told them I’m holding off until they get these bugs worked out. And mentioned that I know close to a dozen aficionados who were in the same boat. Hopefully they get their act together...

#1881 4 years ago

Wanna bet?

Didn’t think so....

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

The bugs arent serious and the game is still great. No reason to refuse a game over fixable minor issues

On their own, maybe.

But add them all (diverter, trough, bad video screens, play field quality, etc.) and at ~$8,000+ it’s not minor.

#1887 4 years ago

Photos of CE coming within the next 10 days.

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, it plays the background music of the “I want it now” song. You’re not gonna hear her singing. That would play horribly against the other sounds/callouts.

I think they should do it similar to the Wonkatania Mode where the lyrics are played over the other sounds. In fact, I would love it if during these MODES, the other sound effects were dialed back so that the lyrics would take precedence. It would be a good way of indicating to the player that they are in the particular Mode.

Of course, it would require reprogramming to prevent “Mode Stacking” or giving one Mode precedence, but this shouldn’t require much thought to get corrected—simply a willingness on the part of JJP.

Not holding my breath though....

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

On my LE, the balls stay locked in the upper left corner Wonkavator area from game to game, which is what I want. However, if I turn the game off, they drain when I power it back up. Is there a setting I can change to retain the locked balls even after a shutdown? Thanks, it has been a couple of years since I have had a JJP game. Loving Wonka!

Interesting! So the ball lock does not hold over during power cycle? That seems to be yet another reason why the physical Wonkavator is nothing more than a $2000 decoration.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So wait, it's brand new out of the box...and the playfield is minty?!?
Shocker!
Congrats, though. Hope it doesn't give you as many headaches as the rest of the guys here.

Give it a week...

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

My Wonkavator mechanism when releasing balls for multi-ball, sometimes just releases the first ball, and the other two remain stuck.
They eventually pop out much later during ball search, or sometimes even while I'm still playing the ball that was released a minute earlier.
Is this a common problem, or did I find a new issue here? Thanks.

Yet another reason to save $2,000 and go for the SE.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah despite all of the bitching and moaning about clear coat and what not, these games are truly a league above what Stern is putting out from a pure design and gameplay perspective.

Jurassic Park would beg to differ!

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not that big of a deal,I have a lot of other pins to play and it was only two days.Pinball machines are complicated pieces of machinery,shit happens but Flipnout pinball got me taking care of.You need to relax your attitude and be realistic or get a new hobby.

That’s similar to what you hear from a used car salesman.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i collected 4, then i woke up...
MJR

So even in your dreams you can’t get all 5?

#2186 4 years ago

Given the minor issues with the coils and other adjustable settings, is there a way to compile all the current users Recommended Custom Settings into one post and keep updating it? Is there a thread for that?

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Could you post a working link please?Ive tried numerous times do you have a you tube vid?

Link works fine...

#2232 4 years ago

Is there a link to the install instructions?

#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

There were two. Did you put the small one on? I put the outlane post and rubber on, it never sticks. Not even close...?

Which hole did you insert the spare post & rubber? The one with the black plug or the one below it?

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There are alot more shot callouts... but I don't think they are the most descript at times.. or often confusing. It will say 'camera ramp' or 'factory'.. or 'shoot for the gobstopper'. I've found naming of the shots contradictory too... is the orbit under the TV the right orbit.. or is it the orbit on the side, people sometimes call the side orbit?
I do find myself needing to look at the wonkavision monitor to find what I'm supposed to be doing for the blue modes. The progression of shots isn't always the most intuitive and it can be difficult to pickout the arrow lighting when lots of stuff is going on.
Clearer naming is a problem in the community around this game for sure.

How would you rank WOZ, POTC, DI, & Hobbit against WW in this (“intuitive callouts”) department?

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We decided to watch the movie tonight, and we’ve been playing for hours since. Watching the movie really gave an even greater appreciation for the way the assets were used. My only complaint is my lack of skill, as we STILL haven’t gotten more than one golden ticket. We’re working on it and practicing like crazy, but I need a pinball coach.
I feel bad for the people out on this game over clearcoatgate or audioclipgate.
You are missing a lot of fun.

How is it you can’t get a 2nd golden ticket yet you have completed multiple modes in POTC, which, by most accounts, is a tougher game?!?

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Considering the movie is just about as German as it gets (soulless, mechanical, boring). And based on a book by a British author, not sure why this matters.
I'm sorry I don't like Wonka as a child serial killer/slave owner. Really insulting to Dahl imo.

While neither is perfect, I def am glad they went with Wilder instead of the Depp version...

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Love solving problems - and just invade it happens to anyone else. The cables for LED 36,37 and 38 had all been plugged into each other! So the shoot again light was actually a GI light! Touch more final testing needed there guys/girls.
Only other thing was my start button always showed as an error as “green” and always active on the test screen. The wire was connected to the wrong lug on it - fixed now. Again QC stuff.

WTF? “QC Stuff” like this just reeks of carelessness. It seems everyday a new owner reports “QC Stuff”....don’t they realize after a prolonged period this tarnishes the brand? I know quite a few pinheads that are holding off purchasing due to these QC issues and they would prefer to wait and buy them 2nd hand...afterall, if you’re gonna be fixing issues on a brand new machine, why not fix them on a 2nd hand machine and save thousands?

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you want a full hands off experience... you can always buy from a retailer that offers that kind of experience.
My favorite is people wanting to buy the cheapest way possible.. knowing they are basically getting mail order service... and still want a hand held experience.

Uh...which retailer would fix the play field issues? Please point me in their direction.

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call them about it. No idea how bad ones were sent again. Obviously a mistake was made.
I am sorry about that.
LTG : )

Any chance JJP may switch to a different supplier for the CE? Or will we keep having to switch the boards until the warranty runs out?

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You won't have to switch anything on your phantom pinball machine!

Neither will anyone else including you!

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My SE is fo real!I play everyday and sometimes all night!Don’t be
hating cause you ain’t got one bro!

You said “phantom” genius....

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sad man go away

You first snowflake

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

even if different men, it would help to moderate his/their online behaviour here ..

Quoted from Adipocere:

I put both on ignore (no time for that nonsense), but it IS very sad that he had to create an alternate account to have someone agree with his hateful trolling.

What are you guys replying to? The OP was deleted by moderators so perhaps that should give you a hint that you’re on the wrong side...

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is a club thread. Gushing about the game is what it's for. There are plenty of other complaint threads but this one is for owners enjoying their games, right?

Not sure that’s accurate...are JJP WW owners supposed to post issues with their pin on another thread?

#2600 4 years ago

As much as some would prefer that the many “issues” with this game be considered “normal” and insignificant, the fact is that the CE is being delayed as JJP attempts to correct them for that version (and perhaps any subsequent SE & LE production runs).

That tells me these issues are the opposite of normal & insignificant.

1 week later
#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Mezal’s Factory & tubes mod is a must![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks too cheap & tacky in person. I’d stay with the LE’s factory sparkle blue.

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Happy and dissapointed to hear that. I ran a little test this afternoon , about a 100 balls into the pops , and 54 out of those went down the middle. And there is no saving these , just pray you get lucky..I like to at least feel a little in control of the ball, progressively get better the longer you own a game .
Now if this was genius design, I’m hard pressed to see it. How are succesfull shots to be rewarded with inconsistent delivery’s
I’m all for getting my ass kicked for missing shots by the way .
I love super spinner mode , but there’s not a chance in hell on my particular game to succesfully pull off 2/3 consecutive rips ..its starting to become annoying. I would understand if the rules were easier, but there’s too much to achieve here for pure imagination that relying on getting (un)lucky is hurting the enjoyment.
Kids have said they dont care if it goes .. ouch ;(

Add that to the myriad QC issues and JJP better get the CE’s out soon or they’ll be looking at cancellations before they know it.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I feel exactly the same. Watching other players like SkipNatty and l33tsandman who -do- put up consistent scores give me hope that my skills can one day grow to that point.
I just had a 1.89M game and feel good about that, as I haven’t been able to beat 1.7 and get on my HS board for at least a month!

Good luck with that, they have the outlane post installed...

2 weeks later
#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No tin foil at all freakyguy666

...looks like the “eject” (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/54#post-5230501) is still making false claims.

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was not ejected freakygay666!

Now you’re calling Pinside a liar. Keep it up!

FYI in fine print under the post linked in my previous post it stated: ”A temporary (1 day) thread eject was issued.”

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

what area are you from freakyguy666?

Pekin.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Dude, would you and freaky jackass quit trolling this thread, please...

Why don’t you stop the name calling, anus with a j....

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe there was a line shut down.I assumed it was to rectify playfield issues.Can’t confirm correction but I’m pretty sure line was shut down for awhile
Also assumed they weren’t going to run CE’s until a correction was made.

A pause in production is typical when transitioning from one edition to another.

If playfields were, in fact, corrected, this would have been confirmed by JJP.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to support that notion rn.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Why do you think they would confirm playfields beeing corrected?
Wouldn"t that be like saying, stuff was faulty and are now corrected?
What about liability if they did that?

Because there are hundreds of potential buyers holding off due to the well-known issue.

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

anyone know the rubber sizes used on Wonka? Gotta replace a few soon.

Quoted from jfh:

I asked Jack at the seminar if the root cause of the clear issues had been determined and if a fix had been identified:
Yes. Yes.
Could you expand on either?
No.
Wasn’t really sure what to make of that minimal answer, but some could take it as good news.

Good news potentially....at least until it is implemented.

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They start on the line soon so i doubt they change anything.... i think the ce is gorgeous and offer's some nice upgrades over the other models. Is the topper amazing ..not really but its better than nothing and the lighting along with under cab lights is tied to different modes. Again its just a topper and u dont even see it when playing . Sorry i don't get the huge attachment people have with toppers. But the ce playfield ,radcals and armor are absolutely beautiful and the extra callout outs are a pretty cool touch. Is it worth the extra over the le ..probably not..but what le, super le and super duper editions are ?..... well that's up to the buyer but its nice to have options . I think everyone that's been waiting to get a Wonka will be very happy once they receive them as the game is awesome.

Don’t know too many people who would argue that the POTC CE wasn’t worth an upgrade over the LE...especially if viewed objectively based on resale value.

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow all 500,that's kind of a pleasant surprise,I guess I thought the delay and playfield issues
would put a damper on production.I'm waiting for the new SE's to start rolling out.Thanks for info

Why would the playfield issues affect the production? Are they doing anything about them?

#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So got an LE on way (3 weeks or so) but distributor also has an CE... what should I do!
Is it worth the £3K price increase!

Only if you think so! Objectively it isn’t.

2 weeks later
#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I can't remember if I saw a post here or somewhere else, but are there any updates on CE production? I believe the post said they went on the line last Monday. My distributor hasn't received any notifications yet of impending shipments.

I believe emails went out this week stating they’d ship within 2 weeks.

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is for the Wonka crew at JJP
The game is awesome in every way,except the drains that happen right out of pops.Is there anyway to compensate this either mechanical or software with the magnets?Can’t wait for next title!

TILT ain’t just a failed 90s rockband!

#3318 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh,that helps?

Yes if you do it just right.

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Nothing like have some friends over to see your new $10k machine and every time they plunge the ball, it goes SDTM. They do this three straight times, then walk away saying, "What a waste of money! But, it's beautiful, I guess". Then you tell them they need to nudge it, every time, and they say, "What?!?"
Yeah, good times.

Did that actually happen or is this story fiction?

2 weeks later
#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I have my own printed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why the extra “M” after 10A.M.?

1 month later
#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah it's definitely changed but I'll leave it at that. Glad to see the updated code polish has paid off at least for me.

I've played it by myself with full audio on the first offered code. Wasn't for me for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Polished off code has really helped the weaker spots as I always agreed the layout and feel is stellar. Thought I would update my impressions.

Certainly the video sequences & call-outs seem significantly better coordinated with the shots/action on the playfield since the first streams. Everything seems much more fine-tuned, but why should that even be debated—that’s what code updates are intended to do.

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What you call ass kisser I call respect for the creators and the work that went into making a thing. Making is hard.
I do wish you hadn't eviscerated it at launch, but honestly I am just glad you like it and it's making you and your family happy.

No need to conflate these 2 things. One may have respect for the creators & the work and still not be an “ass kisser” when it comes to attempting to offer an objective opinion.

1 month later
#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

After a really long time, I've finally broken through the wall on this game!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/560427921[quoted image]

How many golden tix with that score? 3?

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just 2, but my first Wonka's Office!

Such a tough game! But addicting!

I would be open to a wizard mode option from the beginning a la JP2. I think JJP should make that an option.

#4649 4 years ago

4 weeks later
#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It is a great game but most people don’t own it and know that.So they except the party line on Pinside.
Maybe this is the year for a JJP pin to win game of the year again!

I own both WW & JP2, and I could confidently say that they are both excellent but just such different games that I couldn’t pick a winner.

9 months later
#7070 3 years ago

Such an amazingly deep game! After owning this for over a year, I was finally able to get to The Most Secret Machine! Such an awesome mode! I’m not even quite sure how I got there so any insight would be appreciated!

#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my only complaint about wonka is the cheap sdtm ball drains from the pops. Left upper flipper shot through the orbit is my favorite shot of the game but a decent percentage of time it ends up sdtm from the pops....

It’s a rare occurrence nowadays as I typically nudge it in anticipation depending on the ball location within the pops. With a little experience you get a “feel” for when it’s likely going to come out at the “wrong” angle and use that learned anticipation to nudge it just slightly at the right time. It sounds hard but I’ve been able to overcome it almost completely and I’m no pro.

1 month later
2 months later
#8849 2 years ago

Which of the new BETA Changes are not simply updates to the Default Settings that could have been done manually on previous versions (i.e. increase ball save timers, etc).

#8882 2 years ago

Does the Beta correct the Stuttering Animations?

1 month later
#9058 2 years ago

Why is the Beta taking so long to become an Official (non beta) Update? Are there some known issues in the Beta? You’d think any issues would have popped up by now and been addressed. I mean it seems like it took less time to authorize the vaccine than it’s taking to move this code from Beta to Regular update. Weird....

#9067 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They had more people working on the vaccine.

More people doesn’t equal faster. Sometimes it actually makes things slower. Too many chefs.

In any event, how hard is it to convert a Beta to an official update? Which is why I posed the concern that there may be some known significant issues with the beta.

3 months later
#9791 2 years ago

I’ve read several times on this board that the opto in the Saucer should be “cleaned” (preferably with alcohol?) thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.

But I don’t recall any posts on how to best actually perform the cleaning. I mean the opto is a tiny board with what appear to be 2 tiny pinholes, which I assume are the optical sensors. Does one just rub a micro cloth dampened by alcohol over these “pinholes”? Is there an actual preferred technique?

#9798 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Optos are bigger... you must not be looking in the right place.

Normally but I think this opto is custom and its sensors are tiny….

1 year later
#12814 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

My phones HDR exposes this a little brighter, so in real life it's slightly darker. Curious if this is just a global lights issue or standard for the game in dark? Appears super dark during all gameplay that it feels almost unplayable at the top of the game. Hard to tell from Youtube since everyone has different ambient light in their game rooms and this is at a local arcade I play at.
[quoted image]

There is a lighting adjustment in Setting somewhere and they could be turned too low…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyguy666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=freakyguy666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.