New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240130)

Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,735 posts
  • 419 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Elvishasleft
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“What edition are you ordering or planning to buy?”

• Standard 114 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 220 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 82 votes
    20%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 993 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

99C7E84E-610D-4CC3-B320-64939C42F945 (resized).jpeg
20201106_190617 (resized).jpg
20201113_172200 (resized).jpg
20201120_145455 (resized).jpg
20201120_145523 (resized).jpg
20201120_145528 (resized).jpg
20201120_145602 (resized).jpg
20201120_145625 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_4392 (resized).jpg
IMG_4393 (resized).jpg
20201120_152251 (resized).jpg
16058481181124171790863582122292 (resized).jpg
IMG_2555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2554 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (1 year ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#739 1 year ago

All in on the SE.

0EA71132-2E4F-4984-A1FB-617B77F5771D (resized).jpeg2692160B-725E-45B7-887C-9CED9574E353 (resized).jpegE24A9D0D-0172-419F-99C7-963A3CE8C89F (resized).jpeg
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Playing this game for hours upon hours at Derek's (zaphX), I have to say this game is truly fun! Three items I want to call out:
1) The main LCD screen:
Originally, I thought there was a lot of real estate wasted, too static of an environment, and the relevant status information being displayed too small. All wasted opportunity. I was not a fan. What I have come to learn is there is so much information hidden on this screen in a subtle way that they almost become Easter eggs as you discover their value the more you play. Now that I have a better understanding of what to look for and the value the screen's information conveys, I'm liking how ingenious the thought that went into the complex UI design. I still think more can be added and details can be made larger in certain parts.
2) The sound blender:
Again, I initially called out that my perception on sound clip integration seemed sloppy and random. The more I played, the more I realized I was wrong. There is a reason various sounds do happen when they happen and I just didn't understand at first. Most sounds happen as a clue of what's going on or the mode you've entered. Just takes time to learn. Also with the stacking of multi-ball and activities, it makes more sense why the sound clips go off and are necessary. I hope more of the sound IP will be added/integrated.
3) You have to play the game (and multiple times):
I can't emphasize enough, it is a different experience playing the game vs watching the stream. A lot of the issues being called out go away or become less relevant as you begin to understand the game and are in it's actual presence. This game is about longevity and discovery of the rules/objectives. The experience of the lights, sounds and physical interaction make this game magical. Watching the streams do not convey this.
Kudos has to be given to JJP for the layers of complexity, thought put into the design for this game, coding, and the fun in discovery of the details while playing. You can not understand this until you've put many hours on this pin! They have been taking a lot of gruff and getting knit-picked for decisions on certain aspects of this game. They deserve more praise too!
I can't say it enough, WW is fun and addictive pin. Congrats to all those who took the plunge!

100% agree.

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

How do you SE owners view the lack of the Wonkavator? Is it really an issue ?

I have not missed it! But then again I have not played one with the Wonkavator. You still get wonkavator multiball. The only thing I notice is a dark zone in the upper left side. Going to add some light here later.

2k in my back pocket makes me forget real fast.

#809 1 year ago

Added a LED strip today and it makes the dark area much more user friendly.

#813 1 year ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Are you guys able to tie the strip into a GI circuit, or is it on all the time?

Mine is on and off with remote . Plugged into the service plug.

#872 1 year ago

Air ball snapped camera at the base and Oompa lost a hand.

Temp hack job fix is completed . Keep playing!
E27BC600-3A1B-4D60-8A78-CCD5E8B270E5 (resized).jpeg2AB6298E-9361-4F74-BE93-000826FCE997 (resized).jpeg

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Send this pic to Jack or Jen to see what they will do.

Emailed Jack and hope to get some advice soon.

#906 1 year ago

New Oompa Loompa on its way from JJP .

Thank you Frank from JJP

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey guys! Distro let me know my place is ready, question is... how is the playfield? I've seen pics and heard rumors that it's having similar issues to POTC with clear bunching around the posts. Has anyone been able to remove posts, look for chipping or wear? I'd like to get an idea before I plop down a load of cash on another JJP game while battling with them on the POTC playfield. Opinions of the playfield if you haven't removed posts is fine too, but maybe someone has and they can comment. If you aren't familiar here is the POTC thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-
thanks!

So far so good .

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For the record, 2K gets you:
- Painted legs/armor/wireforms
- Wonkavator lock
- Better side art
- Better bezel art
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
- External volume control with headphone jack
- Number plate
To me it's worth the 2k?

Painted wire forms yes.

The Se has beautiful gloss black paint and it looks fantastic.. The blue being better is an opinion of color.

Translights and artwork fall into the opinion category Also.

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Painted wire forms yes.
The Se has beautiful gloss black paint and it looks fantastic.. The blue being better is an opinion of color.

Translites and artwork fall in the opinion category also.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All the jjp se are essentially the same as the le gameplay wise.... wonka is the first that's not just bling and upgrades and has slightly different gameplay and a added gameplay feature. . I think the le stuff is worth it in all cases tho bc i love invisaglass, powder coat, shakers and everything else they add to the le. Opinions may vary but alot if people like the le stuff. Glad their are options for everyone tho . And the se for under 8k shipped is a nice deal imo.

Under 7.5k street price pick up is a deal and a 1/2...

#999 1 year ago

The gloss black on the armor, legs, coindoor and shooter really do look great.

I am a black trim guy.

079FC0AA-3F06-4579-89CC-8A51316322FD (resized).jpegE8BF19C4-D578-466F-A204-CE55F764BEBB (resized).jpeg
#1016 1 year ago

How about Wonka SE and a Stern Pro for the price of a CE. Haaa.

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m getting a SE soon.You guys that have had one for awhile tell me why I made the right choice or should I have waited for something else?

Good choice!

2 weeks later
#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well went again and played a ton more....I just can't pull the trigger on this game for the same reasons noted earlier. So disappointing but I'll be monitoring the code updates and revisit then.

shame..

#1574 1 year ago

Does anyone have any info to share on future code updates ??

What and when?

#1700 1 year ago

JJP needs to load up the CE with everything they can add even at a loss then add more and the kitchen sink. Also the day it releases they need to put out a Huge code update. If not the game sits like Dialed in CE at distributors warehouses.

Lets go JJP. This game should be Blockbuster.

#1842 1 year ago

Great job ModFather!

Gobstopper shooter rod looks fantastic..

B562BA41-1E6C-427C-BCCC-153171DF27E0 (resized).jpeg
#1915 1 year ago

Buttons ,buttons whos got the buttons

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside