• Standard 82 votes
    26%
  • Limited Edition 167 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 64 votes
    20%

(313 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 443 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

88E679C2-E697-4AFD-845E-F048FF6FEE29 (resized).jpeg
09476D04-11D4-4B0E-AB89-BA184D9649D9 (resized).jpeg
002 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).jpg
wonka gobstopper (resized).jpg
20191013_220255 (resized).jpg
20191013_212706 (resized).jpg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
B857FC0B-9BD4-4326-91A1-C757F2D852A1 (resized).jpeg
4E056ACF-F3D8-4D28-9013-3D418D103B8B (resized).jpeg
20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png
7E92476D-5EFA-4EB7-8C43-E748A85BF509 (resized).jpeg
15C686A2-F3F6-43C8-A045-704B6E55F419 (resized).jpeg
Attach29812_20191007_111809 (resized).jpg
jumpstart (resized).jpg
A1A1F340-5AC7-4DC9-87AD-34F2F398D289 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (6 months ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Thegeekyhusband (3 months ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (3 months ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (3 months ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (89 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_mcgavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2352 38 days ago

Are there any distributors offering free shipping for a Wonka SE? I do have a local distributor but he only accepts cash for free shipping and I was hoping to instead use Paypal credit.

#2354 38 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might be hard to find. They aren't supposed to give extras anymore.
LTG : )

Thanks. The MSRP is all the same which I understand. But I do notice distributors will have differences in shipping costs, figured some of them are offering it for free.

1 week later
#2567 26 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just checked the box and there is a plastic tube in it, I missed it, back to install it.
The 3d lines are only visible in close up shots, the quality looks very good to me[quoted image]

What part of the movie does this mod reference? The white machine thing and red tubing look familiar but I don't remember from what. This mod and the mushroom grassy knoll mod look nice.

1 week later
#2692 15 days ago

I'm very close to buying my first pinball machine, a Wonka LE. I noticed Jerseyjack's website doesnt charge tax if you're out of State. I live in California. Does this shithole State hold people ransom and force payment of Use Tax, or is it supposed to voluntarily be paid?

#2702 13 days ago

Do the majority of Wonka players leave the posts removed that are between the flippers and on the drain chute in the far left, or are they supposed to be installed? I want to play and achieve high scores as how it was intended. Jersey Jack left them off when unpacking my LE, so i am assuming that is how they want you to play the game?

#2704 13 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Between the flippers? Also i bought my le used and the left outlane has a post installed in the lowest hole... im keeping it like this bc the game is still difficult with brutal outlanes.

Maybe there isnt a screw hole between my flippers. But there is definitely one for the left outlane. The balls drops through there a lot without the post installed, but i feel like im handicapping myself too much if i put it on, so I'm not sure what to do as how it was designed and intended

#2706 13 days ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I like the way there is so much information in the display and then there’s that light show - wow

The light show is excellent on this game, especially when you play with the house lights dimmed or off. This machine feels like it just needs some good toy mods to feel complete, as the movie has many gizmos and contraptions to do so.

#2715 12 days ago

After two fun days of playing my LE, it will now not boot up. Nothing is displayed on the LCDs, and no computer fans spin. All I hear is a faint hum when i power on, so i know it's getting power. I read on here this could happen if you turn the pinball machine on and quickly turn it back off, which is the last thing i did before this happened.

From what i read, I think i have to place a jumper on the reset pins on the motherboard. I couldnt figure out how to get to the motherboard after removing the translite. Is there a thread on Pinside showing how to do this? It doesnt have to be specifically for Wonka, any JJP game is probably built similarly

#2721 12 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did Steve help you ?
If so this picture will help.
LTG : )[quoted image]

I got it fixed. Had to short the two PWR pins on the motherboard as suggested by him. Thank you.

Before this happened, the last thing i did on my machine was turn it on, then i turned it back off after about 5 seconds. So something hiccupped when turning it off prematurely like that.

#2735 9 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was digging around in the settings a few days ago and there were always some settings to make those modes easier. However my better half forbids any changes that make the game easier as "that is cheating!"

Yes, I leave everything at default too. I'd rather die a man hitting gutter balls than go to the kiosk and ask the attendant to put up the bumpers.

#2774 7 days ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

Is there a rubber kit available for this game? A lot of my rubber is abraiding and flaking and i can't find a kit for it. Does anyone know if one is available for Wonka or if i can buy a rubber kit for different game?

My rubber is starting to disintegrate too. I'm wondering if a rubber dressing like this would work well with the rubber? It act like a conditioner for the rubber and absorbs into it, keeping it from being too dry and brittle. I use this stuff on my car around all the rubber trim and it lasts for a very long time. Not sure if it would affect ball movement though.
20161129-115247-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-thumb (resized).png

#2856 2 days ago

I'm glad they didn't put Willy Wonka on the topper, his mug is already in enough spots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipper_mcgavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside