IMG_6225 (resized).jpg
IMG_6205 (resized).jpg
IMG_6204 (resized).jpg
IMG_6203 (resized).jpg
IMG_4527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

This pin needs its own club now! Wonka from Jersey Jack has a lot of hype and I’m betting a lot of orders even before official reveal. Who is joining the club? I’ll be at MGC for the live reveal so I’ve got my golden ticket!

The reveal is at MGC in Milwaukee and will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball if you can’t make it. https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/

7pm central time US on Friday April 12.

Also more details and reveal info: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-april-8th-2019/ SDTM, Special When Lit, and TWIP will be hosting a news reveal.

#3 4 years ago

I’m in on an LE, possibly a CE. I need to see where the $3000 is going first. Anyone else going to MGC for reveal? It will be streamed by Buffalo Pinball if you can’t make it. https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/

7pm central time US on Friday April 12.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

We will be at the reveal and then in the kingpin games / Jersey jack booth with the games (and others) all weekend answering questions and taking orders

The kingpin booth is going to be BUSY. In a good way!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

We have a waiting list started. If you would like to get on the list please send me a message either here (private message) or email ([email protected]) with your name and which level you are interested in. At this time we do not have pricing or game specifics, but all will be revealed in 6 days.

I must say choosing a supportive distributor is so important. It’s so much easier to get fast and helpful support from your distributors than sometimes trying to contact the manufacturer directly. KingPinGames is a great choice, as is ZMeny at Flip N Out pinball!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Got the email. Just taking interested list folks now and putting them on the email list for our usual email blast going out when info is officially revealed - pics, info, pricing, etc... Nothing else to share until then folks. The name of the game hasn’t even been officially announced to my knowledge ! : )-

We already heard the title is dialed in 2. The secret is out.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In on a group buy of 3 CE's and an LE with mr KingPinGames Christopher. So looking forward to bringing these home and to see the magic JJP created with this title!

You’re only getting an LE?

In other news, I may have bought a Wonka T-shirt for Friday.

#27 4 years ago

Added a poll for club members to vote on an edition

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Heck no big Wonka fan, CE for me.

I figured I was trying to joke that of the four you got the lesser. :p

Also, group buy? Not sure what that means? Discount on pinball machine price?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not making the final call until the reveal but if I pull the trigger I haven't landed on LE or CE so I have a questions for those who have owned both. Exclusivity is the least important factor, so removing that, is there anywhere close to $3000 in additional value in a CE over an LE on a JJP? Or is most of the value assigned to the numbers on the plaque? Thanks!

If you really loved the art of the CE in the POTC game, then there was significant value there. The topper is also one of the coolest I've seen. For me, I liked the regular art just as much so it wasn't worth going to a CE. With Wonka, I'm already in on an LE, and depending on what I see on the CE I may upgrade. I think it comes down to personal preference on that extra $3k. It's tough cuz that $3k is half the cost of the next stern game I buy. It really is a personal decision.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I'll be at MGC and be ready to throw down a deposit! It's going to be a long week waiting until Friday...

I'm with you on that, this week is going to go so slow!

#54 4 years ago

TWIP podcast where they talk about the excitement a bit. For those who can’t get enough. :p

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-41-with-matt-morrison/

#65 4 years ago

Changed title from WWCF to Wonka. Wonka is better for the pin shorthand.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

$0.02, maybe the second "Wonka" in the thread title is now redundant?
Until Friday you could call it "The Land of Pure Imagination"

Fixed

#70 4 years ago

Why is it not Friday yet.

#73 4 years ago

Less than 36 hours to go for Wonka and for MGC. I'm headed there tonight to unbox my ST Prem VE from Marco.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was considering hopping on a plane to MGC to try Wonka, but the Friday preview tickets are sold out.

It will be available at kingpin's booth all weekend, I think he has several of them.

Quoted from lordloss:

Sucks that you need a $45 ticket that sold out to see the seminar.

You can watch the stream, and the game will be available to play all weekend.

#91 4 years ago

Shared in the MGC thread. Mmmmmm

679EB864-776D-46D3-B827-BFE453D73BD6 (resized).jpeg679EB864-776D-46D3-B827-BFE453D73BD6 (resized).jpeg
#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Do we know what the differences of LE- CE are?
How many CE of Dialled In and POTC?

We will find out tomorrow!

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I haven’t bought a NIB JJP game since WOZ, is pricing the same with all Distro’s and also do any Distro’s offer free or discounted shipping?

It helps to have a relationship with a distributor, so if any discount is available they could offer it.

#116 4 years ago

Tonight is the night of nights

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Have a link? Assuming this is a Facebook page?

Zach forgot to post it Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/flipnoutpinball/

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks buddy

You’re just slightly busy, we understand!

#128 4 years ago

Line waiting to get into the presentation.

93343871-BAB1-45C3-98E4-E95202408439 (resized).jpeg93343871-BAB1-45C3-98E4-E95202408439 (resized).jpeg
#129 4 years ago

It’s behind this door!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#131 4 years ago
#133 4 years ago

They haven’t let us in the room yet. So probably nothing live yet.

#136 4 years ago

They haven’t let us in the room yet. I think tech difficulties with the building.

#138 4 years ago
#139 4 years ago
#142 4 years ago
#143 4 years ago

Gobstoppers shooter

#144 4 years ago
#145 4 years ago

My pics are the CE

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory DEEP DIVE! Overview, Rules, Features, Images and Much More….
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM World Exclusive: JJP Willy Wonka Pinball

Made both key posts!

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

But apparently not the CE's playfield. It's supposed to have different art with glitter (like WoZ YBR). They're waiting on approval from Warner Bros.

Yes correct.

#159 4 years ago

There is a lot there. Shoots super fun too. Smooth and awesome toys.

#165 4 years ago

There’s still a line to play it. Wife and I want to keep playing.

#171 4 years ago
BAF7187F-4769-42D1-93E8-D9BDC2441360 (resized).jpegBAF7187F-4769-42D1-93E8-D9BDC2441360 (resized).jpeg
#175 4 years ago

From what I was told the code in these games is 60%. They almost have the full code done.

#179 4 years ago

There is a lot in this game going on than meets the eye. The light show is incredible. Every shot feels like butter and satisfying including shots off upper flippers. That upper left flipper to ball lock is tough but feels great when hit. Shot from upper right is so fun. Everything on the playfield is fun. The game is fun. This is going to rival our WOZ and POTC for playtime easily.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

game looks very good but def not the game changer. Disappointed in the main toy. Who cares how many times it turns to let the ball in.
Real story here is that sweet 7500 price tag for the standard.
Another really solid entry in the JJP universe but I'm hoping GnR takes it to the next level.

The main toy gobstopper is a great toy. Simple but fun. Wonkavision is well done too. The ball lock is cool and when someone unleashes the 5 ball multiball it feels epic.

I don’t know if these things aren’t translating over twitch stream but in person we just want to keep playing.

#195 4 years ago

The code displayed was only about 60% complete.

#217 4 years ago

By the way I did place an order for my LE! Wife and I played as much as we could but the lines are getting long even with 6-7 machines to play!

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’m in on an LE- but I want to know more on the CE-
Sparkly Playfield - want to see that, not too fussed about the shooter- it will be copied.
The Apron sounds interesting- Backglass-
There is a HUGE screen in the middle of it- not bothered on that one.
What doe the *More surprises entail!!?

Unofficially - in the works, to have CEs signed by original cast members of the Wonka film.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Has anyone posted a shot map? I don’t understand what is happening underneath the display.
Also where are all the magnets and what impact do they have? The only one at noticed was for the L upper flipper.

The magnets are smaller and make minor path and flow changes or in some case freeze the ball entirely. Haven’t seen a shot map yet.

#248 4 years ago
6424d3ad55c21bbc1267f47f1c6d3f8dc48b3eee (resized).jpeg6424d3ad55c21bbc1267f47f1c6d3f8dc48b3eee (resized).jpeg
#252 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Anybody know what the "more surprises" are with the CE version?

In the works, signed by cast members. Not for sure yet though.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Think about this - do I get standard version of Wonka AND a Stern pro or just Wonka CE....
I just can't even fathom someone picking the CE... It's not like those CE will become more valuable. Every CE from jjp has dropped. For someone who would pick the latter is it just bc money doesn't matter and you want the definitive Wonka regardless how much?

For those buyers the value for them is there. They aren’t necessarily caring about resale value.

#285 4 years ago

I think the game got hyped too much, and set everyone's expectations far too high. If we hadn't heard any hype ahead of time, I'm betting a lot more people would have been happier with the game reveal and excited to buy one. I think as the dust settles, more people will buy one realizing that it really is a great game. Especially when they show us the completed code and polish that JJP is known for, I bet it will create a slew of new orders.

#290 4 years ago

Comparisons of SE version and the LE/CE version. Shows the Wonkavator is missing, also several LEDs in that area will be missing since the wonkavator is not there. Photos were taken by @tonyscoots
09eed827b8281032be6ada3bc5352416b3825395.jpeg (resized).jpg09eed827b8281032be6ada3bc5352416b3825395.jpeg (resized).jpg792d5aea76356344175a5147e02742fb9549031d.jpeg (resized).jpg792d5aea76356344175a5147e02742fb9549031d.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#294 4 years ago

Let's be honest, we know kingpin ended up with all 6 prototypes in his basement.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

they also have oktoberfest

This is the Wonka Club thread though.

#311 4 years ago

I am going to make an observation - there are two groups of people right now - those who have played the game, and those that haven't.

Group that has played the pin - it seems like a majority of them love the pin or really like the pin, and think it's great, and likely even ordered one.

Group that has not played the pin - a majority of them do not like the pin, based upon what they saw on a stream or video.

To me, this I think illustrates that this pin needs to be played to enjoy and understand and really get a feel for the kind of pin that it is. There is a lot that is lost in translation watching online vs playing in person. The wonkavision is pretty cool in person, it's a fun effect that you can't feel or get when you watch it online. Same goes for several other aspects of the game like the gobstopper and gobblehole, etc. The code that is there is fun, but it's only 60% done. I think once we see release code, it's going to fill in gaps for things like callouts, video/audio clips, theme integration, music and sounds, etc. The LED lights and shows, and those tiny little "candy" LEDs are amazing. When you get into certain modes and they light up and do their LED dance, it's so awesome in person. I watched the videos after I got home from MGC and the game does look underwhelming on video. I totally get why people were not impressed. So many of these things on video looked meh while in person were amazing.

I think a fair number of people who cancelled their pre order based upon what they saw online will change their minds once they play it and will order the game. That's my opinion anyways, and I think once the initial anger dies down people are going to give it a second look and play it and their mind will change.

#314 4 years ago

According to Pinballomatic there will be a Wonka stream by JJP on Friday April 19 at 3pm central time on https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

#319 4 years ago

Those tech support fellas need their games asap! They're invaluable to us.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Did you get to play the SE ? If so, what was your assessment vs. the LE with the Wonkavator?

I'll be honest, I didn't bother with the SE as I knew I was getting an LE.

#340 4 years ago

Don't forget today https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive
7cdf6ec18d3d0d2f2272f43ab5dc04a1f0944e47.png (resized).jpg7cdf6ec18d3d0d2f2272f43ab5dc04a1f0944e47.png (resized).jpg

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

There were a few Wonkavator multiballs from the live stream on Buffalo Pinball if you would like to see it in action, but I don't have a timestamp readily available.

JJP Live is on their first game on stream right now, and just got a wonkavator ball lock. They aren't super difficult or anything, people just didn't know how to do them I think.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Will it be possible to add a shaker to the WONKA SE?

Yes

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Yes I spoke with JJP and they sell the shaker motor directly. I have no idea what external volume control adds as I have not had a JJ before? I assume you can control volume on inner coin door as usual?

Yes you can. The external volume control is just convenient in that you don't have to unlock and open the door to adjust volume.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

SDTM vids are really the best as you get a good angle/ view of the playfield and game sounds. I just noticed the pop bumpers say “ Oompa Loompa” when hit.

It’s the whole oompa song line.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks so much for the kind words. After hundreds of dimensions and dry fitting we feel confident we are ready to roll. Hoping to pour some out by next week ready to ship. All engines are running 24/7 for what looks like another JJP home run game. Very exciting.

Is it bad I want to buy them before I even get my game.

#412 4 years ago

I would think they’ll start shipping late May. If not I’m not sure what the JJP line would be doing other than sitting around since JJPOTC should be done by then. Right now they are making YBR on both lines while waiting on JJPOTC parts. After JJPOTC comes Wonka.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I thought that at the mid-April unveiling, JJP said they would begin shipping the SE in 60 days. That would mean the first SEs would start being delivered in mid-June. Is that still the plan?

Jack said 6 weeks in a podcast interview around MGC. If it’s 60 days from MGC then yea that would be June. Do you know who said 60 days?

#449 4 years ago

Did anyone catch that Wonka was announced in Milwaukee, and Gene Wilder was also born there?
F65BF428-4599-4D51-AA78-5803113BA0BF (resized).jpegF65BF428-4599-4D51-AA78-5803113BA0BF (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#458 4 years ago

I really do hope they add more clips and audio from the movie soon. Also hope we hear about production and shipping starting as well.

#462 4 years ago

When I was at MGC they said 6 weeks they’d begin shipping. So they have about 2 weeks left to start shipping.

2 weeks later
#476 4 years ago

Word is the SEs are on the line and production has begun!

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was just asked by my distributor to pay the remainder now, with games shipping in 2-4 weeks (but not guaranteed). This is a new policy by JJP to guarantee distributors don't cancel game orders.
curious if anyone else is being asked to pay now upfront before receiving their game?

You always have to pay for your game in full before you receive it, that isn't new. If your order is probably in queue or being built soon, yes I'd imagine you have to pay for it now.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Got an email today from Jen at JJP, said my SE would ship in early July!

Congrats!

I’m stoked JJP hit their mark on shipping. Can’t wait to see what pin is next.

1 week later
#497 4 years ago

Anyone received an SE yet? Wonka code updated yet?

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Nothing has shipped officially, but I believe JJP may post an update on production in the next few days.

If SE's are on the line as was rumored, then there would have been some that shipped by now. Unless they are making them and just piling them up on the side of the warehouse.

#515 4 years ago

Ah yes excellent point! Makes sense then. I sense a flood of Wonka's about to be unleashed upon the world.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Wait, not sure if I am reading this wrong or what.
Is it suggested the cartwheel will come at Pintastic?

That would be pretty awesome if it does.

#526 4 years ago

Looks like machines are being received. Everyone sort of starting their own threads though vs posting in club forum. New code it sounds like too. I’d post pics but I don’t have one.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I only started a new thread to post new photos. I figured people might want to see new, final shots of the playfield, possible design changes, etc.
(And honestly, I feel like this game needs some bluster to pump wind into it's sails. It's clearly faded off in the past month, hence a new thread maybe popping it back into the forefront.)

Please do post some here too. Everyone loves pics of new machines arriving!

#530 4 years ago

New code release notes
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

Download
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_update_0107.zip

Version 1.07 is a delta upgrade and requires 1.04 or 1.06 to be installed first if not already.
Delta instructions here
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

#540 4 years ago

Love it. Great pics!

#557 4 years ago

Love the design. Beautiful topper!

Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post a video and a couple of pics of the fun custom we built. I was contacted by a client who has become a good friend of mine about making him a Willy Wonka topper. He specifically wanted to concentrate on the pinwheel design. So I came up with a negative cut rear pinwheel and used color changing lights to keep that festive feel. I also decided to frame it to match the scheme of the machine and hopefully make It blend well. I really wanted avoid the obvious “mountain of candy”stuck all over and instead went with the cleaner look to emphasize the unique pinwheel background.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#568 4 years ago

Congrats on the arriving pins!!

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Hopefully owners Will have a better experience than the one on location I tried to play tonight.
After playing only one totally failed game with multiple balls launching at once I got this on screen error.
Disappointing evening.
Afterthought: I noticed the Bubble level was at the top. Could it be a level issue at the installation?
[quoted image]

It’s probably something simple like a loose cable for an opto.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice to see more video
Have to say pinstadiums on this game look shockingly awful!!!
Nightmare at Christmas or something

Yea not a fan of pinstadiums on most pins to be honest. This one looks like it belongs in that LED puke club thread.

Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka lands today!
I'll be streaming the Escalera-ing and unboxing, then will go offline to play a while, then will set up a stream on the game itself.
Follow twitch.tv/nspinball for updates.Congrats friend!

Picking up a se today probably. I have a polk subwoofer extra that i want to hook up to it. Is it as easy as sterns, just alligator clips on the cabinet speeker, run the wire to the sub, or more in depth?

Alligator clips to the cabinet sub should work fine.

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do all three versions of Wonka have PDI glass?

Only the LE and CE. The standard does not. Also it's invisiglass not PDI.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Remember, ZaphX's all about "Why buy one, when I can buy two at twice the price?"

He did it with POTC so at this point I think he needs to keep up the expectations!

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image][quoted image]

He’s looking for the spelling errors that were on the prototypes and made a huge deal of it even after everyone including Keith told him it happens in prototypes and would be fixed in production. He even pointed it out again 2 months later how it was still misspelled on the same prototypes from 2 months earlier as if JJP was going to fix the prototypes.

Hopefully this is the end of it.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Thanks for posting the pics, Honda said he's not even getting Wonka, so not sure why he's still here. He already yelled at me on PM for daring to point out any errors in prototypes.

Amazingly, it's not a requirement to own a pin before you can post in a thread about the pin. As for the PM, you PM'd me first, and I gave you an answer you didn't like, so I guess that's me "yelling" at you.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What's up with all the flagging on reviews?!?!?!
You seemed fair and conscientious in how you viewed things. Solid writeup!

Probably because his review was originally based upon what he saw on a stream and not actually seeing and playing it in person.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just got my game unboxed and set up, and its having a couple issues. Hopefully you guys can tell me what im doing wrong. I made sure it was level, but on a lot of center drains, the ball is going left, instead of right in the trough, making it not register the ball drain and just seems like a bad design. The other is the gobstopper subway lock. It will aknowledge the lock, but the ball gets caught up in the subway somewhere and wont spit it out until the second ball search. Nothing seems to be binding it up either. Any help would be great

What did you use to ensure it was level? Inclinometer? Pinguy app?

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Left and right level i ised a small level, on the playfield and on the glass. Front and back of game. Its level. Pitch may be off though

You shouldn't go by the bubble level in the machine, they can be off. You really need an inclinometer or the pinguy app or other reliable method.

3 weeks later
#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just did a golden ticket finish for a customer. I may redo my LE as i like it more[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bet that will look perfect.

3 weeks later
#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Yep some folks just don't get it.
Lol
Fine art like our Wonka's take time to develop.
Got mine from Zach as well.
He was mega fast to address issues.
He's a great asset to our pinball community.
Definitely buy from Flipnout Pinball you won't regret it!

Zach at flip n out is amazing

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

That's fair, honestly I forgot about ap.
So stern, jjp and spooky all have the issues.

No, spooky had a short run of TNA with the issues and fixed the problem quickly. Since then they have had no issues.

Anyways we should try to keep this about Wonka after all it’s the club thread.

2 months later
#3349 4 years ago

Been quite a while just checking in. How have the code updates been? Any improvements in video and sound?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.