IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6701 3 years ago

I was told they are "done" running these for all time.. anyone know if thats the case?

I have a chance to buy a standard so wondering if I should do it or If I can wait.

#6704 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is the likelihood is high as they are probably at full capacity building GNR's the next 6 months and then they want to release their next title. That being said be done forever is anyone's guess

Gist I got was that it didnt sell great so odds are they wont run it again.

#6733 3 years ago

The one I had for a while and any other one I played had issues with the gobstopper eject.

Basically took forever to get the ball out and or went into ball search every time.

Seems like its just a bad design since ball comes out weird and gets stuck easily... (I know there are various fixes for it).

Just wondering if anyone ever had one that "worked great" out of box or if they ever did anything to address the issue.

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do. After I upped the strength to 22 on the gobstopper lock release in Settings - Coils.
LTG : )

I tried all that and the one I had just didnt work... it worked maybe a tad better but still hung up often.

Since it was a short term thing I wasnt about to rip it apart and see whats what.

Thinking of getting another one but obviously want to avoid that hassle.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I had the JP pro and sold after a few months. Then got Wonka, no regrets. I thought JP was somewhat linier.
I hope you can play them both then decide.
Good luck.

Yah JP is a wood chopper to me.. I get why people like it but I find it a chore to play.

Wonka is way more fun.

#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey Wonka fans. Our first WW mod!
https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector
We noticed there was an ongoing issue with the -04 plastic above the captive ball and took at the fix to another level. Not fans of printed plastics and empty spaces we found just the right fit for this area.

Good call.. that was the only broken thing on the one I had.

Thought about replacing it but figured it would just break again.

3 weeks later
#6970 3 years ago

Interested in picking up a Wonka standard if priced reasonably.

No real rush so just putting it here in case anyone decides to sell in the near future.

2 weeks later
#7067 3 years ago

I had both and have to say Wonka was way more fun... not really sure why.

I think maybe the added degree of difficulty and theme maybe. They both shoot great.

Wonka I am trying to buy one back.. DI Im good.

#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Star Wars is so good, I agree. That one is was a must have for me, but now I want a theme all of us can enjoy. The more I see JJP Wonka the more I think it's the one to get. A game that's fun to play (and to look at) and also has a lot to work towards. Seems like something to keep in a collection for a long time.

I dont think its as hard as Star Wars but friendly for non players? not really.

Most people that walk up and play it dont love it which is why it got a bad rap at first.

#7153 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I love the game so much, maybe they’d do me a good trade in for an LE?

never hurts to ask.. from what I know all thats left NIB is CEs.

Everything is sold out.

#7166 3 years ago

Anyone know what flipper rubbers come stock on JJP games?

#7167 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Did Jersey Jack stop production of Wonkas indefinitely? It doesn't feel like they built all 5,000 of the Limited editions. Every time something ends production, the sudden urge from others to want it kicks in.

From what I heard they have no plans to run it again... but yah never say never I guess.

I think its destined to be a classic top 10 game so who knows longterm.

They could always run a super duper special super special neato edition someday like they did with WOZ.

I doubt they run standards again anyways.

#7182 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

What's the going rate on a pinball sale for someone selling Willie Wonka?

6300-7000 for the standard depending on number of plays and condition etc.

I can see this going up over time as the game gets more popular (which it will because its the best JJP for people who actually can play pinball).

Not sure on the other two versions, I wanted a standard so just kept an eye on that one.

#7231 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Getting my Wonka SE in tomorrow. Want to know if there's anything I should be looking to adjust out of the gate. Any specific pitch I should be going for?

Typical issue is the gobstopper ball kickout, there is a ton of info on what to do for that if its sticking.

I have mine at 6.5 and think its works there... make sure the left to right is spot on also and check in more than one spot (front and middle of playfield at least)

#7240 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess if u decided to run an older game it would be POTC? With the prices sky rocketing I'm sure u could easily sell another 500+ units at a premium

I know a JJP dealer pretty well and they were told they have zero plans to ever run Wonka again.

Of course they could but they have their eyes on future biz and games and arent as nimble as Stern to re-run things.

If it ends up blowing up in price like Pirates who knows.

#7249 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s odd since an actual employee 3 posts up said the opposite. Maybe your dealer doesn’t have a clue? Fact, a dealer will Always promote an option they Have to sell vs giving any expectation to hold your money for a future interest.

he said they "could" which of course they could...

are they planning to? nope

If it skyrockets in price of course they will someday

dealer wasnt trying to sell me on anything since they ya know.. they didnt have any to sell.

#7258 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

To me (at least so far), it seems really fair. I don’t want to say easy, but coming off a couple Elwin designed games that I play a lot (JP2 and AIQ), the shots are all very makable. I will say, surprisingly for me what has caused the most drains is that stupid bouncy little target to the left of the right ramp! That right ramp should be the easiest on the playfield to hit anyway, love how this game plays and the theme integration is pretty tremendous.

hello no... I love that the right ramp is risky. The game is great because it has a great mix of hard shots and easy shots.

The shots that matter the most tend to be harder to hit which is perfect design IMO.

If everything was easy it wouldnt be as fun.

Its a refreshing change from the normal JPP slap the ball around and win a prize redemption game thing where you hit anything and game goes nuts (WOZ GNR Hobbit).

#7331 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

My next game! What a day! Probably cursed to a few games of 100,000 now. That still happens frequently.
[quoted image]

Put the glass back on... just kidding, great score.

#7343 3 years ago

was thinking about getting a shaker...

Sorry of its been asked a few times but recommended or not that big a deal on this game?

1 week later
#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Now that I have the left "cheater post" installed in the upper position, the outlane drains feel pretty balanced. But I noticed that the right lane has an upper post that looks adjustable, and from the factory comes in the most "difficult" setting. Anyone played with that right lane post adjustment (lowering should make it "easier")?

Man I dont know... are you sure your game is setup right and level? I never once have thought to add stuff to mine to make it easier.

If you want more ball time just put it on 5 or 10 ball if need be or ideally learn how to nudge and work the ball.

Its a hard game but not let me re-design the game hard.

Its pretty perfect where it is... its not Ghostbusters which is just a terrible design and needs the help to be playable.

#7513 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Wow, I feel almost ridiculous with that list of stuff, the machine out of the box is amazing but just got the bug to customize it!

Go nuts man if it makes you happy...

Just keep in mind most mods you wont get any money out of if you ever sell it.

You dont want to be that guy listing his 7k machine for 9K with 2k worth of mods noone wants to pay up for.

1 week later
#7577 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wow - NIB LE @12,500 now

Once they are all gone I could see this game starting to go up to Pirates levels price wise.

They didnt make a ton and its by far the best JJP game and its finding is audience late as games do sometimes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.