IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpadam450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12728 1 year ago

My phones HDR exposes this a little brighter, so in real life it's slightly darker. Curious if this is just a global lights issue or standard for the game in dark? Appears super dark during all gameplay that it feels almost unplayable at the top of the game. Hard to tell from Youtube since everyone has different ambient light in their game rooms and this is at a local arcade I play at.

low_light (resized).pnglow_light (resized).png

11 months later
#13565 3 months ago

Just curious, does the wonkavator keep ball locked across games for everyone else? Seems like the programmers got lazy and decided not to drain locked balls at end of game or they need to update the code at my local arcade.

#13568 3 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

In a 2-4 player game the locks can by "stolen".

But when that 2-4 player game is over, and the next 2-4 players come in for round 2, shouldn't the prior competition/game end (drain balls)? How do you walk up to a tournament game with 2 balls locked before player 1 even flips. It's not earned.

#13579 86 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's a bit rude

Yea I don't know man. This seems like an outlier. Never walked up to a godzilla that had balls locked in the building from some other person that played a game before I walked up to the machine. Not going to argue all day about it, but if you can make the argument for any feature being 2/3 complete when you walk up to a brand new game, player 1, ball 1, then you have greenlit the conversation for any given feature to start halfway complete. I guess boot to a fresh game with all multiballs 2/3 complete? What makes a wonkavator special? Pre-qualify me for Foo Fighters Area 51 multiball which requires 5 or 6 shots to get multiball. Boot game with 5/6 shots already advaned, 1 ramp shot = multiball granted?

What I find odd is the other day I got most secret machine wizard mode in 2 minutes. I'm not sure what I did. I know some of the rules, but seems weird to get wizard mode in 2 minutes. I know you have to get golden tickets, but I didn't hawk eye the LCD to see what golden tickets I got so quickly.

#13583 86 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Most likely your operator has the machine set to random golden ticket awards.

I'll have to ask him. They are IFPA and heavy into pinball.

Quoted from zaphX:

If you had been around when Wonka launched, this was *explicitly*

I was not in-fact around at the time. I was just getting into pinball a few months before the game was released in 2019. I didnt really play Wonka until 3 months ago. Blaming any customer or player that they should know about a unique, against the grain feature, even if the game was released tomorrow, because of a press release somewhere(?) 200 games in my local Orlando area, I don't have time to read press releases from 1986 - 2019 on every game. I saw a feature, that looks like a bug and asked about it on a forum. It was confirmed "As Designed feature". I got it.

#13596 81 days ago

Is there a rules document? I've seen the diagram with lines. I played again yesterday. Earned myself one golden ticket, got a ton of wonka bars but secret machine qualified and I got in with that, or shortly after with some other qualifying shot. Is there another setting that grants secret machine? I looked down and the playfield was flashing that I earned 1 golden ticket. I thought you needed like 4. Something else.

#13599 81 days ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I looked down and the playfield was flashing that I earned 1 golden ticket.

The game code said I had one golden ticket, the one I actually earned. If the game granted me random golden tickets, 4 inlays would be lit. The things are not that intuitive and the owner didn't get a degree in Wonka. Just trying to troubleshoot things.

#13624 79 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

So I find it so funny that people hate on Wonka, blah blah blah because they play it on location 1 and have no idea of the rulesheet.

I like Wonka. It would just be nice if on the LCD told the players this otherwise hidden/unknown feature were on. Making the game random, behind the players back is sneaky. A better option would let the player choose between beginner mode and standard mode so I know upfront I'm not getting relaxed rules settings and it let's the player get what they want. If that setting is for sure on and always been on, then I'd never play the game again on location. I don't want baby mode on. I can only think it's on for kids or something(?)

Just a general thing: 0 new players know about rulesheets. Took me years before I heard of them. To go from 1st time approaching a game to learning a rulesheet exists somewhere on some website, is not really a standard path I see players taking. A lot of players I've friended didn't know when Elton/Labyrinth etc even launched. I probably met 30 new players at the local arcades this year I've had to teach new things. A ton of newbies bought Foo as a first game and I posted the rulesheet probably 20 times on Foo Fighters owners group on facebook. It's not like it's 'funny' it's just there is no training in getting into the hobby. Nobody knows about these things, or even where to look. I didn't find a breakdown on JJP website like the guy posted from TiltForums. Stern rules are pretty hidden on their website, in the notes section, but at least theirs is super detailed. Anyway, thanks for helping out, at least I can likely fix this issue. Will be bummed if it's on and the owner won't change the setting.

1 week later
#13667 73 days ago

Update on the random secret machine granting. Very weird, so this arcade owner owns both tiers of Wonka. He wasn't aware of the auto gifting of tickets, wonka bars or any other setting. He said the game was doing something weird with the trough, so he re-seated the trough connectors and said that fixed it. Another frequent player said that fix worked on their tournament night. And I verified myself the next night. I'm suspicious that was the cause and was also the fix but oh well, it works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 32.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 91.00
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpadam450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=dpadam450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.