IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #149 Deep Dive on features and all that is wonka Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #150 SDTM video on Wonka - interview with Pat Lawlor and Joe Katz Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #160 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #188 Rules Flowchart Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #248 Features Matrix - CE, LE, SE Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #554 Early Stream of a home owner who received their game Posted by Habermania (4 years ago)

Post #785 Gobstopper subway VUK not ejecting ball fix Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #793 Gobstopper subway VUK fix pics for reference Posted by Lermods (4 years ago)

Post #1130 Latest code changelog Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5654 3 years ago

Woohoo! Just joined the club with a Standard.

#5669 3 years ago

Just moved an SE two days ago. It is heavy. I would have 2 on bottom and one on top. But I used and Escalara and did it by myself. In my opinion, going down with Escalara is easier than going up. If you think there are more JJP's, Ameican Pinballs, or P3 in your future and you have stairs, invest in an Escalara. Sterns are way lighter and any furniture/appliance truck will do.

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you have the edge detectors on your Escalera? I’ve been meaning to get those before I take another pin downstairs.

Nope. I just get the wheels a couple of inches to the edge of the step and once it lifts over the step, gravity does the rest by pushing the treads against the step. In fact, when going down, I rest or adjust my feet while it is midway down the step. Once the tread is on the stair, that thing is stable as a rock. Going up the forward "push" it gives at the beginning requires a counter-pull back that can be a bit scary with a heavy machine (JJP or P3).

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I took some measurements and noticed that the from the wall to the leg bolts in the back, the machine sits about 1 inch further out. But the back box is at least 2 inches longer compared to my woz.
Picture here to show what I am seeing...
[quoted image]

I have WOZ, Hobbit, DI and Wonka (had JJPOTC) and the newer cabinet heads (DI, WW, JJPOTC) are definitely a different angle and shape. Likely because that is when they moved the computer to the backbox instead of the cabinet.

#5684 3 years ago

Anyone with an SE or other JJP standard ever remove the armor and swap for another color? How did you remove the rails? Level of difficulty?

#5697 3 years ago

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case? I had thought at release they reset after each game on the SE but carried over in the physical locknon the LE and CE. I had a great surprise last night when I started Wonkavator multiball when I thought I was just locking ball 1. Also saw that pushing the flipper button in attract mode shows you how many locks are made. So, new house rule, no turning off Wonka until bed time!

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You are correct. At the reveal they did say that. They changed their minds on the super lock for the SE before they were shipped. Pure guess that it was from the outcry of the masses about it.

Thanks. I was at the MGC reveal and thought they said that. Didn't here the change. Probably would have gotten a SE earlier if I knew. Man, I am loving this game.

#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think you might have been standing in line with us to get in at MGC. I still have the Wonka candy bar wrappers from that. [quoted image]

Yes, I remember. Was a fun reveal.

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Does the SE take your pic during certain times of the game? I think that’s a cool feature. Hopefully getting my game tomorrow.

Yes.

2 weeks later
#5808 3 years ago

Made it to Wonka's Office last night for first time!!! What a rush. It was super fun and apparently I "won" because he said so. I hit some ramps and then the kid multiball target. I'm guessing if I kept trying to hit ramps on the lit side I build a jackpot? The gobstopper hole was open as well. Can anyone tell me or point me to a quick set of rules for Office. I want to know what I'm doing next time I get there. Sheesh! It took a lot of work to get two tickets. Pure Imagination will probably forever be in my imagination, just like Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

2 months later
#6209 3 years ago

Was playing this last night and had an absolute blast. For any new SE owners, the shaker is a MUST HAVE for this game. The wonkavator and wonkatania modes are fantastic with it.

2 weeks later
#6393 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What mirror blades fit this game? Are there some nice side blade art people are using? I’m normally a mirror blade guy, but I’m open to suggestions.

I would love mirrors for this game, but have had bad luck getting them to fit on the more recent JJP games.

1 month later
#6789 3 years ago

Added Neo Pinstadium lights and Invisiglass thanks to Black Friday deals on my Wonka Standard. What a difference! I'm not a big fan of Pinstadium lights, but there is so much more art and colors visible now with them.

20201130_173931 (resized).jpg20201130_173931 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#7014 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Hey folks, anyone have to replace this sculpt and have some tips on how to at least remove the camera itself to get it out of the way so I can still play the game before getting a replacement? Best way to get a replacement? I'll be superglue-ing it in the meantime but assume that won't hold too long.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I replaced it. In order to take it off the playfield, you will need to pull the wire out of the connector from underneath. I couldn't figure out a way to thread the wire through the replacement because the light is too big to go through the opening in the middle of the tube. So I had to cut and then solder the wires back together and use a little heat shrink tubing. Was a bit of a pain in the ass. There has got to be an easier way, but I couldn't figure it out. Replacements should come with wiring and light already installed in my opinion. Mine only had the sculpt.

1 week later
#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

I'm looking at picking up a NIB soon, this will be my family's second pin. We currently have a Star Wars Comic Pro and I've been looking around to see what might pair well and be something my wife and kids would enjoy. We all really like Willy Wonka as a theme, but would you recommend this as a pin that kids would enjoy playing or even someone that is more of a novice?

This is a really fun game and shoots very different than SW, so would be a good one to pair. As far as kids go, mine (14 and 15) don't really play it much. Yes, it has lots they will enjoy at first look, but it takes a lot of good shots to get to the good stuff. For kids, I would recommend Hot Wheels. Mine love it. They enjoy swapping out the cars, the animations, and almost anyone can walk up and play it. Much easier to understand rules. Wonka is similar to SW in ruleset complexity (actually I would say Wonka is more complex). When it comes to kids, simple is better. My kids and their friends play HW, AMH, my EM, and Hobbit mostly. Hobbit is just super shiny! But if you are like me and are the one playing the games 99% of the time, I say go for Wonka.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.